Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will passive mode be disabled on some servers? Or ruin the game?

26 replies to this topic
ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Will passive mode be able to be disabled?

"I'll keep an ear open for further updates. Before you invite anybody into your game, incidentally, you might want to engage Passive mode. "If you're spawning and being killed immediately, go to Passive mode - it means you can't shoot people, but they can't shoot you," Benzies told CVG in an interview a month or two back. "So you can just kind of hang around and get to grips with the game."
http://www.oxm.co.uk...5s-multiplayer/
This does not look good for Rockstar learning from the mistakes of RDR. We likely won't even have separate freeaim servers!

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Anyone else getting deja vu?

• Pyrrhus likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:20 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 30 September 2013 - 02:21 PM.

Very funny. But it appears rockstar want everybody to play by the same rules with no differences. Problem is it appears they have learned f*cking nothing from RDR.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

You do realize people go to jail for making topics like these..

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

How exactly is anyone on these forums supposed to answer that question?

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Everyone can go into passive mode, will cost around 500 bucks to do so, its disabled whenever you fire/draw your weapon

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Very funny. But it appears rockstar want everybody to play by the same rules with no differences. Problem is it appears they have learned f*cking nothing from RDR.

I realise some kids get dropped on their heads when they're young, but did your parents play soccer with your head?

• Pyrrhus likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I realise some kids get dropped on their heads when they're young, but did your parents play soccer with your head?

Well I'm glad I could be a part of your f*cked up sexual fantasies. There is no need for your hate in this discussion.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Everyone can go into passive mode, will cost around 500 bucks to do so, its disabled whenever you fire/draw your weapon

But a similar system was in RDR. Rockstar then released servers later on with free aim and free aim with passive mode disabled.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:29 PM Edited by Hypsteer, 30 September 2013 - 02:33 PM.

This thread doesn't make not a single bit of sense to me. How would it ruin the game? Only reason why RDR was annoying in free-roam is because of said problem, Auto lock and horses. We haven't seen if GTA:O even has auto-lock yet, so why make this thread? How could passive mode that will only protect you from the potential-but-pretty-sure-they-won't spawn campers, be a bad thing?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Well I'm glad I could be a part of your f*cked up sexual fantasies. There is no need for your hate in this discussion.

It was a serious question. You have obviously suffered some form of traumatic brain injury at some point in your life, I was just assuming your parents would have inflicted the damage after you asked them the same question for the millionth time.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

But a similar system was in RDR. Rockstar then released servers later on with free aim and free aim with passive mode disabled.

Then I would assume they will do something similar for GTAO.

I heard some rumours that whoever starts the game session can set server settings, like allowing auto aim, and possible allowing the ability to enter passive mode.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Where'd you get that source from? As from many sources and reliable youtube subscribers (Even a beta Tester) said you won't even be able to draw your gun or shoot people, And costing? Why would it cost to protect you from spawn campers?

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by Derity, 30 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

lol, I keep seeing posts by this guy and everyone hates him but he does have valid concerns, ones that I share too.

Obviously no one here really knows the answers until tomorrow, but passive mode in my opinion seems like a stupid idea. I mean imagine you're playing the role of a bandit, you run up to a guy to blast him but he's in passive mode, you give up trying to kill him because, well, you can't, so you turn around and then he just pulls out his gun and shoots you in the back?

This is what, from reading about it, seems to be my biggest problem with it... is it exploitable? Can I run around on Passive Mode, being completely immune to all players, and use this as a way to get to people and kill them? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

As for Auto-aim and Free-aim servers, I'm pretty sure that in all Rockstar games they are on different servers, if they change this and put everyone together, then everyone will be using Auto-Aim and for me personally, I don't think GTA Online would be for me.

• _KC likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

It was a serious question. You have obviously suffered some form of traumatic brain injury at some point in your life, I was just assuming your parents would have inflicted the damage after you asked them the same question for the millionth time.

Borderline harassment... But please just stay away from this thread if you are too messed up to intelligently discuss things.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

lol, I keep seeing posts by this guy and everyone hates him but he does have valid concerns, ones that I share too.

Obviously no one here really knows the answers until tomorrow, but passive mode in my opinion seems like a stupid idea. I mean imagine you're playing the role of a bandit, you run up to a guy to blast him but he's in passive mode, you give up trying to kill him because, well, you can't, so you turn around and then he just pulls out his gun and shoots you in the back?

This is what, from reading about it, seems to be my biggest problem with it, is if it is exploitable.

As for Auto-aim and Free-aim servers, I'm pretty sure than in all Rockstar games they are on different servers, if they change this and put everyone together, then everyone will be using Auto-Aim and for me personally, I don't think GTA Online would be for me.

I guess we never know until tomorrow but from various statements from rockstar it seem like we are all playing together regardless of settings.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Borderline harassment... But please just stay away from this thread if you are too messed up to intelligently discuss things.

I am trying to intelligently discuss your traumatic brain injury but you are avoiding answering. 

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Where'd you get that source from? As from many sources and reliable youtube subscribers (Even a beta Tester) said you won't even be able to draw your gun or shoot people, And costing? Why would it cost to protect you from spawn campers?

Several recent interviews have confirmed Passive mode will cost money to enter.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Will passive mode be disabled on some servers? Or ruin the game?

Ruin the game to whom?

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Progamergov you're an annoying twat

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

It won't ruin it. Especially since the shoot first aspect has been cleared up. You pop out of this mode when you TAKE OUT a gun, not shoot it. This way you can't always shoot first... Perfect.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

I am trying to intelligently discuss your traumatic brain injury but you are avoiding answering. 

Know when to stop bud.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Progamers Perfect Idea for GTA ONLINE:

- Griefers, Hackers, Harassers and general all around douchebags must be free to run around and do whatever the f*ck they want without any punishment what so ever, any retaliation from other players must be met by greifing them players unto quitting
- People who want to securing store their money must leave the server and join a separate one just so its "fair"
- Anyone with bad shooting skills like Progamer must constantly use assisted aiming so they can kill the "pro" players with ease.
- Anyone who disagrees with Progamer is below him and is much less intelligent, by this fact they're not allowed to play Progamers perfect vision of GTA ONLINE.

Browntrout79
  • Browntrout79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Private game mode would eliminate need for passive mode (abuse).

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Private game mode would eliminate need for passive mode (abuse).

All the passive mode fa**ots should just go play the Sims as far as I'm concerned, passive mode is for bitches, end of.

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

so this passive mode anyone can just turn it on instantly whenever they want?

or whats the deal with that?

Hank Beist
  • Hank Beist

beepboopbop

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

so this passive mode anyone can just turn it on instantly whenever they want?

or whats the deal with that?

apparently, you pay $100 to go into passive mode through a menu you can pull up by holding down the back button(select) on your controller. No info on how long it lasts other than it ending once you try to fire your weapon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users