Hao's Street Races Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic
Sea1monkey2
  • Sea1monkey2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm going for 100%, been trying for a while, but i'm stuck in a few places, and this is the most prominent one,

I've researched a bit and found that after you complete the street race "strangers and freaks" mission, you should have 5 street races to complete.  The map is only telling me I have 2 races, i've won both of them, and i cant figure out how to get the others to show up.  Anybody else having this issue?

Also, is there a 100% checklist anywhere?  I've only finished half of the hobbies, and misc, and 18 of the strangers and freaks, but I cant find any more.  the main story is done, and i'm just kinda stuck.  Thanks.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 30 September 2013 - 02:16 PM.

Sign up at the official R* social club site for an in-depth 100% checklist, stat tracker, etc @ http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ be sure to link your gamer tag.

Some sites with guides, 100% completions, etc..

http://www.ign.com/w...etion_Checklist

http://www.videogame...ation-guide.htm

http://www.superchea...-5/walkthrough/

http://www.vgfaq.com...missions-guide/

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Also, it has to be night time between 20:00 and 5:00 for the races to appear on your map.

Sea1monkey2
  • Sea1monkey2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

thanks for the rockstar stuff, really helpful!

And i'm searching every night, but when i cycle through the list of street races, i only get the 2, its been a few days since i've won the 2nd one and there aren't any more

rs182
  • rs182

HUGHJASSBAWLZ

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I had the same problem, waited a few days 2 or 3 later in game and got texts from hao. Have you bought Los Santos customs up north in the desert I had that problem at first too so that might be it?

gaddafiAnfriends
  • gaddafiAnfriends

Champion

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Did you ever get the other races? Im stuck at 99%

BrotherDog
  • BrotherDog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by BrotherDog, 28 December 2013 - 02:59 AM.

I cannot finish even the first race, i always lose. big time,  very last in the pack after about 50 trys, 

i either crash or lose the pack or wander off of the course and the race ends,  i'm finding it hard to see where the course is supposed to be

is there a way to lessen the difficulty of this for me?  I can't get past it.

can i skip it somehow?

this is very frustrating for me.  it's not fun when you get stuck and cannot move forward.

also, i cannt read the tiny print for the help suggestions.  it is too small.  i end up standing right in front of the tv, like 1 - 2 feet away so i can see it, and then by that time it disapears, not sure what the game is trying to advise me.

is there a way to make that bigger?

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

I only recently got 100% 2 days ago, and the last things I had to do were the Hao races, you just have to wait like 3 days ingame. (continuously saving doesn't work) and then eventually he'll text you. :^:

MrMunchs
  • MrMunchs

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

@Brotherdog, don't try to go at top speed, use the brakes and use Franklin's special ability to take the turns.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 28 December 2013 - 01:01 PM.

I cannot finish even the first race, i always lose. big time,  very last in the pack after about 50 trys, 

i either crash or lose the pack or wander off of the course and the race ends,  i'm finding it hard to see where the course is supposed to be

is there a way to lessen the difficulty of this for me?  I can't get past it.

can i skip it somehow?

this is very frustrating for me.  it's not fun when you get stuck and cannot move forward.

also, i cannt read the tiny print for the help suggestions.  it is too small.  i end up standing right in front of the tv, like 1 - 2 feet away so i can see it, and then by that time it disapears, not sure what the game is trying to advise me.

is there a way to make that bigger?

Are you serious?

If you're struggling with one of the easiest races in gaming history, then perhaps gaming in general is not for you. 

I'm finding it hard to believe how anyone can be stuck on that race.

BrotherDog
  • BrotherDog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:37 PM Edited by BrotherDog, 28 December 2013 - 01:37 PM.

sorry it's hard to understand, but i just can't do it,

don't know how to get it done.

will keep trying, but like i said i have already failed about 50 times, (maybe more),  come in dead last or the mission ends because i have gone off course.

i can't see where the course is supposed to be untill it's all ready too late to get back on track.

so if  i go slow enough to see the changes in course, then i am always at the back of the pack, sometimes they lap me. 

not sure what to do do to change this.

(and the cops are very agressive, they kill me for no reason whatsoever)

BrotherDog
  • BrotherDog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it. 

ok, i tried this race 5 more times, failed every time, the furthest i got was just starting the 2nd lap when the game said i failed the mission

i fell off of the course a few times and coudln't find it to get back on it, so those were losses as well.

i can't figure out how to use the special skill set by pressing both buttons, i press them and then time slows down, but then what do you do?  it's not clear to me what should be occuring when time slows down and there is no explantation anywhere that details out what buttons to press.  it doesn't seem to work very well for me,

i tried using a fast car and a bigger slower car,  didn't make a difference in where i finished, (dead last)

i know i have a coordination problem, but i like playing vide games.  and i like the rockstar games.

i got stuck in Red Dead on the carriage race, and had to ask my son to complete it for me so i could move on in the story line.   maybe he can help me when he comes over later.  he is really good. my fingers lock up and i can't work the controller very easily.  it's tough.

there is a 'skip' option on the screen,  what happens if if i chose 'skip'?

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

If you skip it, that's exactly what happens, it'll be skipped and it won't count towards 100%.

Oh, and you'll also feel guilty and ashamed.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it. 

ok, i tried this race 5 more times, failed every time, the furthest i got was just starting the 2nd lap when the game said i failed the mission

i fell off of the course a few times and coudln't find it to get back on it, so those were losses as well.

i can't figure out how to use the special skill set by pressing both buttons, i press them and then time slows down, but then what do you do?  it's not clear to me what should be occuring when time slows down and there is no explantation anywhere that details out what buttons to press.  it doesn't seem to work very well for me,

i tried using a fast car and a bigger slower car,  didn't make a difference in where i finished, (dead last)

i know i have a coordination problem, but i like playing vide games.  and i like the rockstar games.

i got stuck in Red Dead on the carriage race, and had to ask my son to complete it for me so i could move on in the story line.   maybe he can help me when he comes over later.  he is really good. my fingers lock up and i can't work the controller very easily.  it's tough.

there is a 'skip' option on the screen,  what happens if if i chose 'skip'?

Don't skip it. You'll regret it if you do and you won't be able to get 100%. If you can't beat the race, then perhaps like the others said, this game isn't for you then.

BrotherDog
  • BrotherDog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

my son came over and did this race for me.  then i went and completed the next mission with lamar and some other guy ho just got of prison.  e fought our way out of the warehouse and i chased off a helicopter with the shotgun and then jumped over a wall and lost the cops by driving real fast and taking lots of turns staying just outside of the radar cone. 

saved current prgress and shut it down for the night , tomorrows another day.

thanks for the advice,  i just couldn't win that race on my own.

Pimpmyass
  • Pimpmyass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

I have been stuck on the race mission on under strangers and freaks mission I have no problems with bugs and glitches but I can't complete it
Funny picture and what does hao text you exacutally?

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

BrotherDog, don't feel bad man. I've yet to win this stupid race - had the same problems you did. 'Wu Zi Mu' and 'Farewell My Love' from SA were tough, but I can win those. This one's a pain.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:44 AM

some advice for any race: 

learn the course. 

don't jump out in front at the beginning of the race, but just follow the pack of cars. 

memorize the circuit. then practice it. get the fastest car you can handle and get really used to it.  

after you get to where you can complete the circuit at high speed, without crashing, go back and race. 

you'll do a lot better against the other racers if you have some confidence. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users