» «
Photo

How to store fighter jet?

8 replies to this topic
oddity-1991
  • oddity-1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by oddity-1991, 30 September 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Right. I have a problem.  I'll try and keep this simple:

-Playing as Trevor I bought the Rhino tank from Warstock website.

-It stores itself in Trevor's Sandy Shores hanger.

-I wanted to steal I fighter jet from military airbase and also store it in the Sandy Shores hanger.

-I stole the fighter jet, lost wanted level and flew to my airfield.

-The tank was already in the hanger, so I got out of my jet, entered my tank and drove it outside the hanger and parked it out of the way so I could park my jet in the hanger.

-After parking the jet in the hanger the option showed itself to press > to change stored vehicle.

I thought 'oh great I can switch between the tank and the fighter jet whenever I want, so to see if it worked I switched the stored vehicle to the tank.

-After doing this I realised I cannot switch the stored vehicle back to the jet. The only option is the tank!

Why is this?! Can I not store the fighter jet at all? Can you not store more than one vehicle at a time? Why would they give you the option to change the stored vehicle if you can only store one? I hope this is a glitch which they can repair. If this was an intended part of the vehicle storage system it is absolute bullsh*t.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, is there a way around this design flaw?

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

I have tried many time to store the fighter jet with all3 characters as soon as I die the Jet disappears.

oddity-1991
  • oddity-1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

I have tried many time to store the fighter jet with all3 characters as soon as I die the Jet disappears.

Oh man! That is soooo sh*t! This is such an amazing game but it has so many issues!

GerritJan1998
  • GerritJan1998

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

You can store it in the hanger, keep it for years but if you change the car in the hanger it goes away, or if it is broken. It is only one jet not a bought one that can spawn 200283 times.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

You can store it in the hanger, keep it for years but if you change the car in the hanger it goes away, or if it is broken. It is only one jet not a bought one that can spawn 200283 times.

Yup. My 3 million (I think) tank is now not usable, as soon as I switch to it my fighter would be gone. And I can't be bothered parachuting into the military base again trying to steal it. :(

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Any updated info on this?
I had a similar issue in Franklin's st the airport. I parked my stolen jet in a spot next to a plane i already had in the hangar. I drove away and drive back and my stolen jet was parked where my place was. Not knowing, I clicked to change my stored vehicle and of course the plane i bought was the only option. I clicked it thinking maybe the vehicle that's already out doesn't show up on the list.
If course i was wrong and list my jet.
What if I had moved my jet back to a different parking spot and then selecting the different vehicle. Maybe that way i could keep my stolen jet, but still access purchased vehicles. Anyone tried that?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by jamieleng, 21 October 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Ok, how many planes can I store at Trevor's Sandy Shores hangar?

How many can I store in Franklin & Michael's LS Airport hangar?

How many helicopters & boats (they are next to each other) can I store at Franklin & Michael's LS heliport & dock?

Also, if I buy a Tank/Jet from the website, instead of stealing it, does that mean it will always spawn wherever it is originally delivered?

I know I can store two vehicles in the three safehouses (although one occasionally disappears). I know I can store four in their respective off site lock-ups & the Elegy comes up when I press right on the d-pad. If I buy a car from the website, I have to have a free space in these garages, right?

I haven't downloaded any patches. So has this something that has been fixed or altered since launch?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't want to add another topic just for these queries.

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

You can store it and keep it forever but there is a trick. Once you steal it and successfully land it in Trevor's airfield you have to drive out of the hangar any aircraft that might be stored there, then enter the fighter jet again and drive in Trevor's Hangar. It will save (and when you load the game it will even spawn a second one right next to the stored one :p). Now, if you ever want to use a different aircraft/vehicle that is stored in Trevor's hangar you have to drive out the Fighter Jet first then go to the Hangar and select the aircraft/vehicle of your choice. Drive that out of the hangar as well and re-enter the fighter jet and drive it back to the hangar. Now you can use the other vehicle...

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

It should work the same for Franklin's hangar at the airport then. That's what i was gonna try next

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users