Photo

Cheater in Street-Racing?

21 replies to this topic
novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by novesori, 30 September 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Hey Guys,

I am doing some Street Racing in the game, and compared my times with the Online best lists. For example in one Race i tried with the elegy and the adder (fully tuned) and did a time of 3:14, which is pretty fast for this track. But when I looked up to the Best Lists, the first 5 drivers (more you can't see) drove times around 1:20, which is absolutely not possible without cheats. Is it so easy to cheat here?

When yes, then I am looking forward for GTA Online races...not.

ELIT3 WIDO
  • ELIT3 WIDO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

I noticed the same thing def something fishy going on there

FocusedPants
  • FocusedPants

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

I was assuming fully tuned cars and Franklin's ability used whenever possible. I never put much thought into it, nor did I care enough.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

I was assuming fully tuned cars and Franklin's ability used whenever possible. I never put much thought into it, nor did I care enough.

If they abuse Franklin's ability to beat race time in SP and can't drive without.. they will have a hard time driving properly in Online lol

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

They all cheat. Sometimes you can watch them teleporting on the minimap.

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

I was seeing 34 seconds for most of the offroad races. o.O

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Oh, player-cheaters you mean... 0.o Extremely f*cking uncool!

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Oh, player-cheaters you mean... 0.o Extremely f*cking uncool!

Yeah it says something like global time at the end of the race always something ridiculous.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Was the same for the final triathlon, people apparently completing it in 10 minutes which is roughly what it takes to complete the swimming segment.

Annoying to say the least.

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by -alx-ndr-, 30 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Fully tune your car and use franklins special ability... Want to see the results?

dc8sb4.jpg

This is an off road race, but 5th in the world is my best rank on all the tracks... no cheats or hacks were used. Just clever use of franklins ability on the tightest corners and a fully tuned BF Injection.

I'm top 500 for most of the other off road and street races too... all using franklin.

Was the same for the final triathlon, people apparently completing it in 10 minutes which is roughly what it takes to complete the swimming segment.

Annoying to say the least.

10mins!??! Wow... that's crazy. Definitely hax. Maybe they spawn vehicles during the race???

JRZ
  • JRZ

Real Horrorshow

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Are you talking about the first street race? I got 1:17 with no cheats in a modified Adder using Franklin's special and it wasn't even a perfect run (bumped a few walls).

Maybe you're talking about a different race, but I'm pretty sure you could get 1:10 or less for the first race without cheats.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Check the top 20. If they're not cheating there will be a smooth grade from crazy-fast to normal-fast. If they're cheating there will be a clear gap between the believable times and suspect times.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

I tried the race which is the nearest from Franklins House. The best time I could set was something above 3 minutes, and the best times were a little more than 1 minute...So 2 minutes difference? It's 100% hax.

I hope it will be not that easy in Online, because I don't want to spoil Racing in Online, I like that very much.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Im not sure why single player keeps track of other peoples race times.   Personally, I don't care about other people who race in slow mo franklin special non stop.  I don't use it in races.  I don't want to fool myself into relying on it for online races.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I used F's special once and briefly. Don't want to enter multiplayer with a crutch.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by Munx, 30 September 2013 - 04:47 PM.

well franklins ability could just aswell be a cheat, it dosnt just slow down your car but also doubles you speed after using it, which is why some people are able to get upward of 280 mph with franklin, while the real max speed of the best vehicles is only about 140.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

well franklins ability could just aswell be a cheat, it dosnt just slow down your car but also doubles you speed after using it, which is why some people are able to get upward of 280 mph with franklin, while the real max speed of the best vehicles is only about 140.

Ya, not really sure why its a speed boost too.  I used it at the start of a race once and I went form last to 1st like it was nothing.    Obviously people are just using this as much as possible.  Which I find boring and can't bring myself to do.  I personally don't care about top race times if this is the key.

Can't wait for online races tho.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I've run it at 2:20 with ease using an untuned Buffalo, so I am very sure it could be run MUCH faster with a top end sports car like the Adder.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

I DO care about race times which is why I've never used it. People who are good with F's ability (or any other) are at serious disadvantage once we go online.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

This special ability crap should have been enough to make the game more accessible for bad drivers. It´s a shame they decided to wreck the physics.

This feature (even with unlimited use if needed) would have stopped the crying, allowed bad drivers to clear the missions easily, and still we would be able to keep IV´s main characteristics.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

lol I remember when Resident Evil 6 came out and all the top spots for the mercenaries mode were all cheaters. LMAO

-alx-ndr-
  • -alx-ndr-

Actually joined June 03 2008

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

I DO care about race times which is why I've never used it. People who are good with F's ability (or any other) are at serious disadvantage once we go online.

It's not that simple or else everyone would be getting top 50 global rankings easily... you still have to be fundamentally a good GTA driver because the special ability only lasts so long and you can't use it on every corner!

It's the same with getting high kills for the deathmatch leaderboards on GTA IV... only way to do it is to play auto-aim deathmatches like a noob rather than auto-aim disallow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users