Photo

"Midnight Club LA" level customization

11 replies to this topic
visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Was this ever actually possible? Even on a theoretical PC edition let alone consoles? I mean detail like this:

I dare say there's no way we could have expected car modification as good as Midnight Club, so why did all the previews give that impression?

Messyboy
  • Messyboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:34 PM Edited by Messyboy, 30 September 2013 - 12:36 PM.

To sell game, no? + like 98% of players were OVER-hyped about GTA 5 and expected miracles and godlike game.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Do the splits!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Doesn't make sense to have customization to be so in depth when the detail is in the world around you.

DIGGOO
  • DIGGOO

лол

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm sure R* will make a "Los Santos Customs DLC" for 9.99$ where you can get all this

• handoverfist likes this

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by Giles Flaggot 1, 30 September 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Doesn't make sense to have customization to be so in depth when the detail is in the world around you.

How does it not make sense? Some of the things some of you all say lol :lol: Makes no sense.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hey!

That's what R* promised us, can't really blame anyone for expecting it in the final product.

I think R* will say to us all that everything they mentioned during press IS in the game because it's in the online version, if not immediately then in the future dlc's.

The game was promoted extremely well and with the few interviews that I read I remember them saying they took all the best features from RDR and MP3 and MCLA and poured it into V, so "98% of players" had every right to expect all that was mentioned.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:20 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 30 September 2013 - 01:20 PM.

We do get a decent amount of wheels, though :) .

Hey!

That's what R* promised us, can't really blame anyone for expecting it in the final product.

I think R* will say to us all that everything they mentioned during press IS in the game because it's in the online version, if not immediately then in the future dlc's.

The game was promoted extremely well and with the few interviews that I read I remember them saying they took all the best features from RDR and MP3 and MCLA and poured it into V, so "98% of players" had every right to expect all that was mentioned.

Most of the 98% of the players only heard what they wanted to hear. Never forget that...

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Do the splits!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

How does it not make sense? Some of the things some of you all say lol :lol: Makes no sense.

Polygons homeboy.. And aging hardware. My arcade xbox is running the game at 30fps or so and if the insides of the cars look as good and is modelled as good as MCLA, it'd probably slow down to a crawl. To be fair, cars were better modelled in IV but the game wasn't massive.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

We were told that V is the series most 'ambitious' game yet, AMBITIOUS is a very strong word and one that I (a GTA fan) grasped onto because R* have the very strong skill of promoting their games well and some of us felt quite deceived by the end product.

The high level of expectation, especially when a game comes on 2 discs for the 360, that kind of seduces anybody into falling for the 'magic' that could eventually be in the game.

So, MCLA level car customization, I remember they said it was a "deep level of customization" and we get a lot of rims...that's fine with me really, but some cars have 2 extra bumpers while most have the standard custom options, it is deceiving for anybody that bought V - don't forget THAT.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm fine with the current level of mods the game curretly has

liesch
  • liesch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

i would have liked nos and neon lights, but no we get dumb ass tire smoke wtf?

• dreaded_verse likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users