So what's the point of GTA Online?

32 replies to this topic
Ihatemyself
  • Ihatemyself

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

What's the end game to all of this?

When you play a game, you want to see how the narrative and ultimately the game ends..So what keeps the player motivated to keep playing?

Okay you do some races with friends, mod your cars, spend cash on some nice clothing, play some tennis with some guy from your crew, maybe a little gold. Fun stuff got it. But surely that fun wanes after a while, no?

I imagine after a week or 2 that would become massively boring. So what keeps the player moving forward? 

Especially when there's only 16 players in a large map like in gta v, i kind of some lost where the long lasting fun appeal will be coming from. 1 or 2 weeks, sure might be a total blast.

But from what rockstar is saying, they want this to be an eventual stand alone product, which will contain liberty city as well..so

NewBo
  • NewBo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

lol dude, when GTA online is out they will be 500 missions! and I'm sure they will be adding missions, don't forget the heists, robbing stores,buy your own WHORE,.... stock markets races etc, also you will need to be on edge, cause say you're robbing a bank with some fellow people, and what if one of the people tries to kill you to take your share? lots of possibility's and stuff to watch out for... if you get bored that quick.. don't play this game.. lol 

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

I still play IV online with friends and have done since it was released. Its about the fun you make yourself mostly in Free Roam. 

el-cobra
  • el-cobra

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

the real question should be what is the point of gta singleplayer 

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Jesus, could you make life sound more depressing? What's the point of Call of Duty or any other online game if all you'll do is do the same thing over and over again? With that concept, you should just off yourself because all of life is repetitive actions. lol

• Santa-SmokinAces likes this

DarkWarrior454
  • DarkWarrior454

The Ghost Rider

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

When you play a game, you want to see how the narrative and ultimately the game ends..So what keeps the player motivated to keep playing?

Okay you do some races with friends, mod your cars, spend cash on some nice clothing, play some tennis with some guy from your crew, maybe a little gold. Fun stuff got it. But surely that fun wanes after a while, no?

I imagine after a week or 2 that would become massively boring. So what keeps the player moving forward? 

Especially when there's only 16 players in a large map like in gta v, i kind of some lost where the long lasting fun appeal will be coming from. 1 or 2 weeks, sure might be a total blast.

But from what rockstar is saying, they want this to be an eventual stand alone product, which will contain liberty city as well..so

There is no end game. Rockstar said that they would add the other maps to the GTA:O world. That means Vice City, Liberty City, San Fierro, Las Venturas, and (maybe) north yankton. They might also add London but I highly highly doubt it.

Jetpack5000
  • Jetpack5000

I GOT IT

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

lol sad

NewBo
  • NewBo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by NewBo, 30 September 2013 - 11:57 AM.

There is no end game. Rockstar said that they would add the other maps to the GTA:O world. That means Vice City, Liberty City, San Fierro, Las Venturas, and (maybe) north yankton. They might also add London but I highly highly doubt it.

I would love them to add UK, I can remember back in the day they was some rumours of it lol.. I would love to come my house and rob my self...

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Whats the point of playing CoD online, or every other game online other than an MMO that doesnt have end game? For competition, constant fun, and being able to play an online game without paying a subscription. 

GTA is the best online game of all, it allows you to go ahead and bullsh*t around with no time limit in freemode, causing all kinds of chaos, and get down to the competitive stuff if you really want to. 

Now with everything added and the way they are going to keep it updated, i really dont see the need to play any other game for a long time, this is a many different games rolled into one, and better than that cheap ass saints row crap by a country mile.

BeansNYC
  • BeansNYC

Brotherhood of Mutants

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yeah im pretty sure the missions are more mmorpg styled. Think of it as full gta story just compressed. then once thats over you find another compressed story. DLC would play a big factor as well. But then again you hate yourself so idk if you'll "get the point"

el-cobra
  • el-cobra

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

to the op most online games dont have an end they go on they evovle  a game like cod dosnt have end you basically make your own end thats whats great about online gaming it dosnt really end untill you end it yourself unlike most singleplayer games once you complete the story that is it gta online aint a story is like a world 

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

HEISTS

DarkWarrior454
  • DarkWarrior454

The Ghost Rider

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I would love them to add UK, I can remember back in the day they was some rumours of it lol.. I would love to come my house and rob my self...

Because robbing other people is too mainstream.

BeansNYC
  • BeansNYC

Brotherhood of Mutants

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yeah im pretty sure the missions are more mmorpg styled. Think of it as full gta story just compressed. then once thats over you find another compressed story. DLC would play a big factor as well. But then again you hate yourself so idk if you'll "get the point"

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Jesus, could you make life sound more depressing? What's the point of Call of Duty or any other online game if all you'll do is do the same thing over and over again? With that concept, you should just off yourself because all of life is repetitive actions. lol

subsonicdust
  • subsonicdust

A Demon of Liberty

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Don't feed the troll.

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

The point of GTA Online is to play with other people over a broadband network. I thought that was made obvious with the title GTA ONLINE.

Seriously though, stop trying to complicate things, it's not that serious.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

It takes long to reach endgame, once reached you help out friends and mess around. Even in IV i had ~2 years of fun with 2 rl mates... counting the simple trainer, too.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Your answer has a name: MMORPG. What you find in a MMO you will find here. What you want to do in a MMO, you will, hopefully, be able to do here. 

Jetpack5000
  • Jetpack5000

I GOT IT

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Don't feed the troll.

not everybody is a troll u retard

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

If i have to explain it then you really wont ever understand why online is so great.

csukar
  • csukar

Llama

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

I've been gaming for 18 years and the dialouge and story is the last reason i play games.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 30 September 2013 - 01:30 PM.

bNy_
  • bNy_

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

The real question is, why wouldn't you want online?

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

What's the point of this thread?

EDDYHarris
  • EDDYHarris

한국어조선말

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

TacticalFacepalm.jpg

• Deathwish91 likes this

WiZe420
  • WiZe420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

i really hope op isn't right because i'm already bored of the single player with nothing else to do.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Given that he just made the account today, I feel like this was a poorly thought out troll attempt.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Umm if it is outcome or goals you are after I think the reputation and experience system will drive you.

My goal is to get my rep up where dude know if they see me coming they scatter like Omar in the wire. And my crew deep with loyal killers.

Come get some.

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

You've obviously never played an MMO before.  It's about playing with other people.  You want a story?  Play the story.  For god sake's this is a GTA game.  If you're confused at how people could enjoy themselves doing these things in a SANDBOX game you need to rethink why you play GTA games lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users