Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which game represented the hood more accurately?

54 replies to this topic
[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I really like the detail in the hood as far as what the gang members are doing and how they respond to Franklin. That has definitely improved since San Andreas where the gang members really just stood in a group smoking and if you approached them they'd circle around you and eventually shoot you.

I dislike however that all that incredible detail has really gone to waste since there is so little gang interaction. As much as people would like to think otherwise, Franklin is still an active gang member and supports the Families. He can get several gang tattoos and can choose to sport green all he wants, what he doesn't care for making red cents pushing drugs all day. After instigating (unintentionally or not) the wars between the Ballas and Vagos that now evidently want him dead why wouldn't he roll with some homies and take a few out, if not for the Families but for himself? Or how about having a few homies to have your back for those overly aggressive police? There is no reason that the recruiting feature was left out and that alone would have added so much more for gang interaction.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

San Andreas obviously, these new 2000's LS gangbangers are soft. In the 90's, I used to be able to walk miles and blocks through Families and Balla hoods. My set alone controlled 7 city blocks. In GTA V, these dudes have like a couple apartment buildings and that's it. They spend all their time on the cellphone or talking to females. Even the small weak hoods in the 90's would eat these boys alive.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by Official General, 30 September 2013 - 03:31 PM.

Bro, play the game more and play it properly.

If you kill a rival gang member in their territory, they will chase after you in a car if they cannot get you on foot. That is retaliation.

If you keep killing too many rival gang members on their turf, they will remember it and be even more hostile to you whenever you pass through their turf again. Sometimes, they won't even give you a warning, they will just blast at you straight away. 

Man I just went to Vagos hood and was walking around their projects just to check sh*t out, so I go all the way to back of the jects and this one dude was like I don't like you what the f*ck you over here for ese? So Frank goes "nigga f*ck you" and the vago dude was about to pull out a strap but I gave his ass a right hook. Sent his ass head first into a concrete step and put him to sleep.

Now this would be a good time to initiate a retaliation system where the dude I knocked out would come looking for me with his peoples and I won't be able to go in vagos territory. Stuff like that would give it way way way more replay value.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

The ghettos definitely feel more alive in V (as does the whole game). Hearing music playing from peoples homes was a nice touch. And most definitely is dangerous.

• swagbucks likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by Official General, 30 September 2013 - 03:33 PM.

The things you stated actually do happen, play the game properly !!  :miranda:

The hood definitely feels dangerous, you can't deny that. 

The ghetto in V coulda been better, like getting carjacked or having people follow you in gangs when walking around, I like to feel tense when playing games but V didn't hit the spot

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

The ghetto in V coulda been better, like getting carjacked or having people follow you in gangs when walking around, I like to feel tense when playing games but V didn't hit the spot

Try walking into grove st as Trevor. Gangs will not take kindly to your presence and usually make it known and that rarely ends well.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hopefully we'll see more gang wars and such in GTA Online. Hopefully there'll be at least a bit of emphasis on the hood, considering we didn't see much of Lamar in GTA V. There's 500 missions so we should have at least say 100 of them in the hood. Franklin's first missions were awesome, repoing cars for Simeon and killing Ballas and it's a real shame we got barely any of that.

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

It's unanimous, San Andreas.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Gtaman_92, 30 September 2013 - 04:02 PM.

GTA V represented the hood way better than San Andreas. If you walk into grove street then the ballas would intimidate you and sometimes they even shoot on sight. I do think they could of made the whole hood environment a little more deeper by bringing back some features from San Andreas like gang recruitment and taking over hoods.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

San andreas was set in the 90's when more gang warfare took place

Yep, that's when sh*t was real. It's too easy to claim Families nowadays, back in the 90's you had to be on the frontlines for respect. A lot of these 2000's bangers don't want to be on the frontline. Stretch said it himself when he got out of prison, the "hood is lame now". No more ride or die types like Deuce (RIP), Murder Dan (RIP), OG Switch (RIP), Ice Man (RIP), and BK Man (RIP) to be on the frontline. Then other riders like OG Rocky, OG Stacks, Sin Dog, BK Mack, Neighborhood Jay, and Lil Rock retired so what's left in South Los Santos is goofballs like Lamar. If this were the 90's a dude like Lamar would have got sent on a dummy mission into Rollin Heights territory and left for dead.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

SA did it right for the 90's, V did it right for today.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

San Andreas did 90s hood movie and hip hop right. GTA V did realistic modern stuff.

If you prefer SA as "more realistic", it means you really only know about hood movies, or live in a town where they emulate them, while real gangstas moved on a long time ago. I know some over by masterson street. Bout to head over there now.

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Anyone notice that there's a lot of OGs in this game? Not too many young bangers. Especially for Families most of their members are old, ballas got a lot if young cats.

Chorizombie
  • Chorizombie

Trick

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

San andreas was set in the 90's when more gang warfare took place

Yep, that's when sh*t was real. It's too easy to claim Families nowadays, back in the 90's you had to be on the frontlines for respect. A lot of these 2000's bangers don't want to be on the frontline. Stretch said it himself when he got out of prison, the "hood is lame now". No more ride or die types like Deuce (RIP), Murder Dan (RIP), OG Switch (RIP), Ice Man (RIP), and BK Man (RIP) to be on the frontline. Then other riders like OG Rocky, OG Stacks, Sin Dog, BK Mack, Neighborhood Jay, and Lil Rock retired so what's left in South Los Santos is goofballs like Lamar. If this were the 90's a dude like Lamar would have got sent on a dummy mission into Rollin Heights territory and left for dead.

haha where the hell you are getting all those OG Families members names from? I've only seen one at Franklin's room on his aunts' house, this one0_0.jpg

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

SA did it the best defiantly. I liked the mobs in GTA 4 but they were kind of just there. not really incorporated into the game besides a few missions. 

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Well SA was set during the height of street gang conflict being early 90s LA. It took a back seat in GTA V, but still very well done.
It makes me feel like there are certain areas I don't want to go after sunset.

This is one of the billions of proofs of your stupidity.

Your username and avatar alone tells that you're a GTA SA fanboy.

I really hope this was a quote mistake.

Insert popcorn gif here:

This is very funny considering not only would your name imply that you might be a VC fanboy instead of an SA fanboy, but even moreso considering all the conversations you have had over the years defending GTA IV to the overwhelmingly negative reception from SA fanboys.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

San Andreas easily... The hood ain't sh*t in GTA V. It's whack as hell.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

Well SA was set during the height of street gang conflict being early 90s LA. It took a back seat in GTA V, but still very well done.
It makes me feel like there are certain areas I don't want to go after sunset.

This is one of the billions of proofs of your stupidity.

Your username and avatar alone tells that you're a GTA SA fanboy.

I really hope this was a quote mistake.

Insert popcorn gif here:

This is very funny considering not only would your name imply that you might be a VC fanboy instead of an SA fanboy, but even moreso considering all the conversations you have had over the years defending GTA IV to the overwhelmingly negative reception from SA fanboys.

I'm fairly sure he meant to quote the OP, but quoted me instead. I mean for real me a SA fanboy? lol

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Lots of keyboard gangsters in here.

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

can get pretty crazy in v. today i was playing as michael and went to a clothing store, as i walked in the place was getting robbed so the guys pointed there shot guns in my face as they demand us all to get the f*ck down. then they proceed to run out the store as i get up and chase them. shot one in the back as he fell to the floor dead and the other guy got away in the other direction. took the money and returned it and got 25% discounts on all the clothing in return. the next day i went to the same store to buy discounted items and the same guy who was robbing the place and got away was outside the store. he saw me and said heyyy dont i f*cking know you. i keep walking and proceed to enter the store. as im just browsing the clothes for 5 long mins minding my own, i hear someone talking sh*t. was thinking it was outside the store so i ignored it. guess the foo got mad and pushed me to get my attention. i look and its the same guy who was just outside and the same guy who robbed the store and friend i shot dead. so he starting talking sh*t again pushing me and then i push him back. next thing i know he shouts something out loud, then like 5 of his other homies all run in the front door and start jumping me with fist flying left and right. falling into the store counters and sh*t, stomping me to death. guess that motherf*cker got his revenge. 

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

can get pretty crazy in v. today i was playing as michael and went to a clothing store, as i walked in the place was getting robbed so the guys pointed there shot guns in my face as they demand us all to get the f*ck down. then they proceed to run out the store as i get up and chase them. shot one in the back as he fell to the floor dead and the other guy got away in the other direction. took the money and returned it and got 25% discounts on all the clothing in return. the next day i went to the same store to buy discounted items and the same guy who was robbing the place and got away was outside the store. he saw me and said heyyy dont i f*cking know you. i keep walking and proceed to enter the store. as im just browsing the clothes for 5 long mins minding my own, i hear someone talking sh*t. was thinking it was outside the store so i ignored it. guess the foo got mad and pushed me to get my attention. i look and its the same guy who was just outside and the same guy who robbed the store and friend i shot dead. so he starting talking sh*t again pushing me and then i push him back. next thing i know he shouts something out loud, then like 5 of his other homies all run in the front door and start jumping me with fist flying left and right. falling into the store counters and sh*t, stomping me to death. guess that motherf*cker got his revenge. 

You a liar but good imagination I guess. You can't walk into a robbery on this game.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

You a liar but good imagination I guess. You can't walk into a robbery on this game.

Wha? I just walked in on a robbery at bob mulet not 2 days ago. Got an option to keep 2 grand or return it. I returned it.

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

No a single Fried Chiken joint in the hood making this game unrealistic.

Leevikingpin
  • Leevikingpin

Treachery is a dangerous game to play...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

Err yes you can, it's happened twice to me.

Source: the official guide book and my own experience.

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by swagbucks, 01 October 2013 - 05:29 AM.

im a liar ? so me and millions of other players that experienced this are liars ? get the f*ck outa here. do research before you post and call something thats ah fact, a Lie. Smfh nice try. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users