Photo

Random exploding car in the woods?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic
JOKA22
  • JOKA22

Ex 'Really Famous Games Dev Company' Employee

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:06 AM Edited by JOKA22, 15 September 2014 - 01:59 PM.

So I was taking a casual stroll through the outback when suddenly a car crashes into a rock a few yards behind me and explodes. It's occupant then ran down the hill screaming hysterically?

Anybody else have this happen to them?

Edit: wasn't a random police/pileup scenario. This was on a dirt path with no cars for miles. In the chiliad wilderness just north of Fort Zancudo. 

cjkuhlenbeck
  • cjkuhlenbeck

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Nope. I'm interested though. Got a map location and maybe time of day?

UndeadElement
  • UndeadElement

The Company.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

It's occupant then ran down the hill screaming hysterically 

i dont know why but i burst out laughing reading that, but anyway on topic yes once actually yesterday i was playing as michael got in his car and drove through his house gate then parked basically right outside the front gate to browse his phone i was looking at stocks i think, then. BOOM! I Was like wtf instantly switched off my phone looked there was like 5-6 cars all blowing up together in front of me, whole screen in a blaze of fire, loud as f*ck, people screaming on fire, i just thought to myself what the f*ck just happened, drove off and carried on with my day, weirdest experience ive had in the game so fa.

• vengeancehawk likes this

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

I remember I was on the highway right next to Fort Zancudo the other day and I decided to steal a truck carrying a boat. Once I stole it, I heard a huge explosion behind me. I turned around and saw 1 police car, a regular sedan and a bus on fire. No survivors. 

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

YES! I had this happen to me! I drove North East after coming across the No Country For Old Men reference and got to the top of the mountain.

It was twilight and I was looking out across the canyon whilst deciding where to go when suddenly a loud, piercing scream sounded and a car hit the rocks next to Michael. The explosion killed him and the whole experience made me jump.
I have no idea if the game glitched or if it's an obscure reference (maybe to Lemmings) but I'm glad I'm not the only victim!

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

I've noticed this before, I think it's those scripted police chases, I think sometimes the cars spawn in odd places, which cause them to explode. I could be wrong, but I have heard sirens followed by an explosion.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

I was driving on the Señora Freeway near Grapeseed, just casually driving. Out of nowhere, I heard a huge explosion. 3 cars behind me were gone.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

I was actually driving down the road about 5 minutes ago and saw a car speed past me and smash over the lane-guard and flip over and explode.

Beats the generic "lynching" in Red Dead, that's for sure. Hella entertaining.

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

YES! I had this happen to me! I drove North East after coming across the No Country For Old Men reference and got to the top of the mountain.
It was twilight and I was looking out across the canyon whilst deciding where to go when suddenly a loud, piercing scream sounded and a car hit the rocks next to Michael. The explosion killed him and the whole experience made me jump.
I have no idea if the game glitched or if it's an obscure reference (maybe to Lemmings) but I'm glad I'm not the only victim!

This might be the same event. I know it wasn't a random police/pileupcarnage scenario. I actually survived as I was just out of blast radius but it did wake me up(to put it lightly). I thought it was something in relation to the bigfoot mission as I'd just reached 100% and went in search not knowing that I had yet to wait for the mission to trigger and show up on radar.

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Bump, anyone else experience this and was actually able to chase the thing down the canyon?

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:21 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 30 September 2013 - 01:24 PM.

a couple of days back I was in blaine county and some guy just hit my car out of nowhere so I park on the other side of the road, start running towards his car, stand in front of the car so he woudn't just drive away and start to beat the crap out of his car, then I go back in the car but I looked to the right and I see the guy coming towards my car (probably to beat me up) and suddenly a car passed by in full speed running him over so quick that I didn't even see his body, it was like he was there, the car runs him over and bam he dissapeared... I was laughing so hard for about 3-4 seconds when suddenly the guy just falls full speed on the street right in front of my car... jeez I was laughing my ass off when that happened (and it was not the first time that I saw a guy getting runned over by some random car)

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

If anybody wants to see if they can trigger this then head to the road just above the one with the parachute jumps in the chiliad wilderness.

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Bumping an old post is frowned upon, but I'm still intrigued as to whether anybody else has encountered this same thing?

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Under one of the bridges down town where the hobo camp is, theres a random parked car which spawns on top of a large pile of rubbish. Once, I had the cops chasing me and when my car was simply too knackered to carry on so I got out and ran. Passing the random car spawn on foot, the normal car magically appeared as normal and as I passed it I heard a large BOOM! When I looked back, 3 police cars had spawned on top of it and were vibrating like crazy while on fire. Well crazy but funny.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

You sure this wasn't the Thelma and Louise easter egg?

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by JOKA22, 29 October 2013 - 07:12 PM.

You sure this wasn't the Thelma and Louise easter egg?

It's not that Easter egg. No cops around/other vehicles that could have spawned to make it explode. He drove into the rock behind me and then he ran down the hill laughing/screaming hysterically. May have been a member of the altruist cult?

I was playing as Franklin, not sure what time it was exactly but it was around midnight/very early morning. It was still dark and I was walking(not running)

It's the second road on the map that's just above Cassidy creek/ratyon canyon.

Maybe some of you could try and reproduce this event?

Edit : this is the hill that he ran down. http://rsg.ms/1aFdKWz

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

So I was taking a casual stroll through the outback when suddenly a car crashes into a rock a few yards behind me. It's occupant then ran down the hill screaming hysterically?

Anybody else have this happen to them?

Edit: wasn't a random police/pileup scenario. This was on a dirt path with no cars for miles. In the chiliad wilderness just north of Fort Zancudo.

I had something kind of similar to this happen in GTA:O with me and my friend. We were next to a dirt road and an SUV barrel rolled off the street doing like 60 and rolled right off the road and crushed my friend while he wasn't looking, it was pretty hilarious.

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

• Members

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

BUMP. Has anybody else experienced this and managed to chase the guy down the hill? 

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

BUMP. Has anybody else experienced this and managed to chase the guy down the hill? 

You've bumped your topic 3 times now. Give it up.

Closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users