Quantcast

» «
Photo

Stock Market - An Attempt At Realism That Failed.

36 replies to this topic
Lapdance
  • Lapdance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

The market in GTA V is more a failed parody than anything else. Solely implemented to suit Lester's Assassination missions, which are really as basic at it gets; Kill CEO of black, white stock will rise exponentially. It's a missed opportunity, they could have very well satirised FX, CFD just to name a few. Like I said, a missed opportunity.

I´ll doubt CFD would be in the game, SEC forbid contracts for differences in the US due to it´s speculative nature and high leverage.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

vmDp8d3.png?1

• chainsoar likes this

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 30 September 2013 - 10:12 PM.

...you all realise that the real world stock market doesn't shoot up and down like a rollercoaster on speed? Right? What I'm hearing is a lot of "oh no, stock values change very slowly for the most part, that's a fail" which basically reads to me like "oh no, it works a lot like real life stocks, that's a fail"

You need reading comprehension classes if thats what you got from the OP.

The Stock Market is not as easily exploitable as buy low sell high. Some of the Stocks never go back up, some never go back down.

And the game never gives you an opportunity to learn the new system. I noticed some having a hissy fit just because I mentioned a tutorial...As if GTA never gives tutorials every time they release a game. The only leads you have for the Stock Market is Lester and his suggestions. But to play it on your own. There is no information to go off of. Its very speculative. In real life people have Advisers and people that build their careers off the stock market to aid them. Or they themselves know how it works. They know what effects what, how its effecting it and when itll go back up/go back down. None of this information is available in the game.

Thats not the case with this game. The observations that when the stocks drop low that buying them then is the best because itll eventually shoot back up at some point are not always correct.

And more so. When you can make 100-300% profit off the Stock Market compared to what you could EVER make as the characters. Id definitely say that youre put in a position where if you DONT play the Stock Market youll be coming up severely short of what Rockstar intended.

Again, Im not against the stock market..Im not screaming for Rockstar to remove it. But its my observation that it was poorly implemented, it had no means of a proper introduction to the playerbase and that because it attempts to raise the Stock Market as the more important money generating method. In a way it does subtract from the game because you can make billions off of this method compared to the older GTA methods.

I would not be surprised if the majority of players avoid the stock market. And if they do. Then thats all Rockstar needs to tell them that the way they went about this whole thing was wrong.

cksiz
  • cksiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Not enough cheese in the world for your wine bro

• chainsoar likes this

gigsroy
  • gigsroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Its a working stock market in a game about money and people are complaining? You don't have to use it but those of us that do like it. Its awesome having nice cars and sneaker money.
Rockstar want people to use it but its a game for adults. I'd feel insulted if they hand held me like a baby. Its pretty obvious that there is money to be made if you pay any attention to the story. Rockstar wants everyone to have money so they can experience everything the game has to offer but there not going to put it on a silver platter.
Plus they are conditioning us for online, where the real money will be made. Is that not blatantly obvious?

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Its a working stock market in a game about money and people are complaining? You don't have to use it but those of us that do like it. Its awesome having nice cars and sneaker money.
Rockstar want people to use it but its a game for adults. I'd feel insulted if they hand held me like a baby. Its pretty obvious that there is money to be made if you pay any attention to the story. Rockstar wants everyone to have money so they can experience everything the game has to offer but there not going to put it on a silver platter.
Plus they are conditioning us for online, where the real money will be made. Is that not blatantly obvious?

You obviously cant read. Or you dont know the difference between complaining and criticizing. Either way if you have nothing to add to the discussion be on your way.

• robbo216 likes this

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Someone woke up on the 'bitch' side of the bed...every day of their life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users