Photo

Need some clarification for passive

8 replies to this topic
Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hello, I was wondering if the first shot in general deactivated passive, or if the first shot on another player deactivated it. After I finish robbing a bank, I don't want to be robbed of all the money my crew stole

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by SilencedScream, 30 September 2013 - 12:50 AM.

As far as I am aware of, this is how it breaks down:

-If you're robbing a liquor store - not as part of a heist - and have passive on, other players cannot attack you and you cannot attacking them as long as you continue to have passive on. You have to actively switch it off in order to attack/be attacked by players

-In heists (such as robbing a bank - as you stated), when they're released, you'll be in a separate instance with ONLY the people doing the heist with you. You essentially have your own world and will return to your normal world when you are making your getaway.

TL;DR VERSION:
As long as you do not turn off passive, you can't be damaged and they can't damage you. To my knowledge, there is no "sudden" off from accidentally shooting someone. You can shoot them - it just won't do any damage.

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

That's awesome, thank you.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

we really don't know yet but i would imagine any aggressive act would switch it off

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

You probably have to turn it on before respawning. Shooting at all will deactivate passive. Meaning you can't do heists or rob places in passive mode.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Could you see every other player on the radar?

[–]LazyPyro[S] 53 points

4 hours ago

Yeah. And anyone playing in passive mode (you can't kill them) has a line through their radar blip.

[–]trekkx 28 points

4 hours ago

What is "passive mode" like? I'm assuming you can't go into it instantly in say a gunfight you're losing, as that could be abused very easily.

[–]LazyPyro[S] 34 points

4 hours ago *

I didn't try it, I don't think you can actually switch to it while you're on a mission or whatever though, I think you have to be in free roam to enter it.

You have some sort of reputation, I don't remember what it was called. But I think it will go down if you quit matches early and stuff like that. I think R* have measures in place to prevent people from abusing features like that.

Also it costs $500 (I think) to enter passive mode. 

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 30 September 2013 - 03:30 AM.

Hello, I was wondering if the first shot in general deactivated passive, or if the first shot on another player deactivated it. After I finish robbing a bank, I don't want to be robbed of all the money my crew stole

I really hope there are servers without this stupid passive mode. But I doubt you can use passive mode right after you do a heist. Using passive mode lowers your reputation as well.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

from what ive heard equipping any weapon at all deactivates passive mode.. no need to fire at all.. just equipping the weapon is enough.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

from what ive heard equipping any weapon at all deactivates passive mode.. no need to fire at all.. just equipping the weapon is enough.

Rockstar will have hopefully learned from Red Dead Redemption and have GTA Online launch with free aim only servers and servers without passive mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users