Quantcast

» «
Photo

Best Develeloper Of This Generation

71 replies to this topic

Poll: It's between Rockstar & Naughty Dog (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is your favorite?

1. Rockstar Games (RDR / GTA IV & V / LA Noire / Midnight Club LA) (54 votes [78.26%])

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

2. Naughty Dog (Uncharted 1-3 / The Last of Us) (15 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

The best two games from each developer are:

Red Dead Redemption

Grand Theft Auto V

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

The Last of Us

I enjoyed all four, but I'd have to say the edge goes to Rockstar games for Red Dead Redemption. This game was a surprise hit. Nobody expected it to be bad, but we definitely didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Id say definetly R* seeing as im not a fan of the Uncharted series.

Plus R* also made Max Payne 3.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Holy sh*t, how did I forget about Max Payne 3.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

MP3 alone > Uncharted games and TLOU (7/10 game, 10/10 movie).

MCLA, GTA 4, GTA V, LA Noire (each one) > MP3.

The choice is obvious.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Rockstar Games is a publisher. 

Developers are like Rockstar San Diego which are one of my favorites for making one of my favorite games. Red Dead Redemption.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Rockstar Games is a publisher. 

Developers are like Rockstar San Diego which are one of my favorites for making one of my favorite games. Red Dead Redemption.

Whatever dude, the other one has Rockstar in the name, I'm voting for them!

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Naughty Dog, pretty much every game they made was a hit whereas Rockstar, GTA IV was a travisty and an insult to the GTA franchise.

WOOPWOOP.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

For me it has to be Rockstar.  GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 and GTA V is a tremendous run.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

NAUGHTY DOG IS OVERRATED.

• D1RTY® likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

seriously? R* and Naughty are the only choices?

this poll sucks.

Bioware deserves to be in the running, as does Valve.

Nun0567
  • Nun0567

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

R*. Uncharted 1 is a 7.5/10 game btw.

• D1RTY® likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

The start of this gen was the best. There isn't much unique stuff nowadays but back when current gen started, we had Midnight Club LA, Burnout Paradise, LittleBigPlanet, CoD4 (which was awesome at the time, before the series got milked to death)

:/

Eris
  • Eris

hey bae

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

this poll sucks.

Yeah, Bioware's recent games have been masterpieces. :sigh:  

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Ignorance, ignorance everywhere. Rockstar Games isn't developer, it's publisher, so you asked us to choose between two different things. 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

this poll sucks.

(Y) Totally!

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

this poll sucks.

the topic is "of this generation" not "recently."

anyway that's just your opinion.

Bioware's resume includes The Old Republic, Mass Effect franchise, Dragon Age franchise, Baulder's Gate franchise, and Neverwinter Nights. these are giant games with massive sales... like it or not :pp

this poll is crap unless it includes more than just 2 developers.

Naughty Dog is not anywhere near as great as several other choices he could have included.

Eris
  • Eris

hey bae

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

"This generation" as in the seventh console generation. In this time that have released three brilliant games, and two mediocre ones. (I haven't played TOR so I can't comment on it) They can't be cosidered developer of this generation if there last few games weren't worth a second play through. I really like Bioware, but they have released some terribly underwhelming products lately.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by UrbanTheEmcee, 30 September 2013 - 08:59 PM.

this poll sucks.

the topic is "of this generation" not "recently."

anyway that's just your opinion.

Bioware's resume includes The Old Republic, Mass Effect franchise, Dragon Age franchise, Baulder's Gate franchise, and Neverwinter Nights. these are giant games with massive sales... like it or not :pp

this poll is crap unless it includes more than just 2 developers.

Naughty Dog is not anywhere near as great as several other choices he could have included.

Sorry buddy, but perception is reality. Problem is we live in a world of popular opinion. Not that I go by popular opinion, but this time my personal opinion just so happened to line up with popular opinion. Bioware's best game was Mass Effect 2. Thier other games don't compete with the games R* or ND put out.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Sorry buddy, but perception is reality. Problem is we live in a world of popular opinion. Not that I go by popular opinion, but this time my personal opinion just so happened to line up with popular opinion. Bioware's best game was Mass Effect 2. Thier other games don't compete with the games R* or ND put out.

your opinion is not "reality"

it's just one opinion.

your view of the video game industry is apparently very narrow-minded.

many people consider developers like BioWare, Valve, and even EA to be at least as strong as Rockstar or Naughty Dog.

your poll is bunk.

it leaves out many choices that are strong contenders.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

your opinion is not "reality"

it's just one opinion.

your view of the video game industry is apparently very narrow-minded.

many people consider developers like BioWare, Valve, and even EA to be at least as strong as Rockstar or Naughty Dog.

your poll is bunk.

it leaves out many choices that are strong contenders.

I didn't say my opinion was reality, I said that it so happened to line up with popular opinion. I'm on a lot of forums, and the most talked about developers are Rockstar and Naughty Dog. 

Yes, there are other worthy studios, but let's be real. All battles would conclude in Rockstar (VS) Naughty Dog.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

Yes, there are other worthy studios, but let's be real. All battles would conclude in Rockstar (VS) Naughty Dog.

Let's take a look at what other developers have done shall we?

Ubisoft - Maybe AC 3 was a bit of a disappointment but look at the other games they've polished this generation. AC: II, Brotherhood, Far Cry 3 etc.

Activision: At the start of the gen they weren't money grabbing like they are now. They put out some fine games like COD 4 and World At War.

Crytek: Revolutionized gaming graphics with Crysis 1 and 2, now that is an achievement enough said.

EA: Although many, like Activision consider them one of the worst video game companies due to their greed for money. They still put out enjoyable titles like FIFA, Battlefield 3 etc.

Valve: Enough said. Easily one of the best developers for the PC platform.

In conclusion: Your point makes absolutely no sense at all.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 01 October 2013 - 04:13 AM.

the most talked about developers are Rockstar and Naughty Dog.

not exactly.

maybe on the forums that you visit (according to you; no real evidence), but it's obvious that you like R* and Naughty Dog which means you're a little biased. just because the people you chat with talk about R* and ND doesn't mean it's what everyone talks about the most.

All battles would conclude in Rockstar (VS) Naughty Dog.

that's not true at all.

now you're really showing your bias.

look it's nothing personal. but you sort of screwed up this topic. you did it wrong.

if you wanted to talk about the "Best Developer of this Generation" then you've simply been unfair. you left out a lot of worthy contenders. perhaps you should have titled this thread "Rockstar versus Naughty Dog" and it would have made a lot more sense. as it stands right now, I have to agree with Ace when he says

In conclusion: Your point makes absolutely no sense at all.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Why isn't Ubisoft listed? They make remarkable games and their upcoming games are definitely giving other developers a fight for top of the mountain.

R* : RDR, LA Noire (though Bondi made it), GTA IV, GTA V

Naughty Dog.. eh Last of Us and Uncharted

Ubi: AC: Brotherhood, AC: Revelations, AC:III, AC:BF, Far Cry 3, SC:Blacklist

as much as I like Rockstar and Grand Theft Auto, it's only one game.. when Ubisoft has a few titles that I buy each year and their replay value to me is much higher.. so I'd have to say Ubisoft is by far best Developer of this generation so far.. not to mention probably Next Gen's top developer as well, The Crew, Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4 (believe it was rumored).. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

GTA isn't the only game by Rockstar. Read Dead Redemption was a fantastic game, so was Max Payne 3 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Besides, it doesn't matter the amount of games developed by a developer but the quality of the games itself. Rockstar always push the game to it's limit and always try to give the users the best possible game. They did it with IV, they did it with RDR, they did it V too. So, Rockstar for me is the best developer this generation.

Quality over Quantity.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:23 AM Edited by redx165, 01 October 2013 - 06:28 AM.

Atleast they don't release half finish games aka GTA V. 

Rockstar went downhill this gen. They started of Strong showing the way DLC should be made and taking NO content out of their game. Next with Red Dead Redemption they took out content and sold it for $2. LA Noire was the same but the DLC were worth it. Max Payne 3 had sh*t DLC. GTA V seems to take content out of the game, not care to much about single player, and you can buy money for GTA O. Rockstar is turning into EA. They are no where close to being good developers. Now back in the PS2 era I take that back. 

Even with that I can't say a Developer deserves developer of the generation. 

I like RDR ( R* SD ), TLOU ( ND ), FC3 ( UBI ), GTA V ( R* N ), UC2 ( ND ), AC 2 ( Ubi ), HF2 ( Val ), L4D2 ( Val ). Skyrim ( Ben )

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hard to pick just one. Ubisoft have made some good games and I thought Square Enix done a good job with Sleeping Dogs.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Yeah. GTA V is a half-finished game, for San Andreas fanboys who are blinded and just complain about even the smallest missing features. And yes I am talking about you redx.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:47 AM Edited by The-King, 01 October 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Riot, definitely Riot, they've done more for gaming on a mass scale in three years than any developer since Blizzard released WoW. They've turned their game into an absolute monster and the biggest eSport in the world, absolutely legitimizing professional gaming and turned it into a true spectacle. Not to mention their generous Free To Play platform that's effectively changed how F2Ps work and provided a precedent on how to manage a F2P game in order to keep the fans happy.

No other developer can compare to the good Riot has done for gaming.

I'll give Valve a close second for constantly forcing innovation and releasing absolute top quality games on top of managing the most successful distribution platform in gaming history.

Honestly though, the two are interchangeable.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Rockstar easily in my eyes 

the last of us bored the f*ck outta me i beat it and never picked it up again then traded    it for sleeping dogs (which was not that good but still much better) and the Uncharted Series is ok but MAX PAYNE 3 sh*ts over all of them and i mean a MASSIVE dump!  :r*:  

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Atleast they don't release half finish games aka GTA V. 

Rockstar went downhill this gen. They started of Strong showing the way DLC should be made and taking NO content out of their game. Next with Red Dead Redemption they took out content and sold it for $2. LA Noire was the same but the DLC were worth it. Max Payne 3 had sh*t DLC. GTA V seems to take content out of the game, not care to much about single player, and you can buy money for GTA O. Rockstar is turning into EA. They are no where close to being good developers. Now back in the PS2 era I take that back. 

Even with that I can't say a Developer deserves developer of the generation. 

I like RDR ( R* SD ), TLOU ( ND ), FC3 ( UBI ), GTA V ( R* N ), UC2 ( ND ), AC 2 ( Ubi ), HF2 ( Val ), L4D2 ( Val ). Skyrim ( Ben )

LOOOOOLZ, what a hypocrite.

You're talking about cheap DLC's, whereas only optional content that Naughty Dog released was their sh*t-worth $15 multiplayer skins and maps. Meanwhile, Rockstar released Lost & Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony and Undead Nightmare - all are considered as one of the biggest DLCs in the history of DLCs.

All Naughty Dog did during this generation were three (overrated) Uncharted games that didn't change much from each other except for graphics, and one good The Last of Us. Rockstar did many fantastic, different things this generation. Including GTA IV which was practically the first game that really gave people a reason to buy the current-gen consoles, Midnight Club: Los Angeles which is probably one of the most underrated arcade racing games ever, Red Dead Redemption which by many is considered an even better acomplishment than the new GTAs, fresh and innovative L.A. Noire, one of the best third-person shooters - Max Payne 3, and one of the biggest entertainment hits - GTA V.

But Rockstar is still nothing in comparison with Naughty Dog, right?

• Ermacs likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users