Photo

Complete 5 star chaos with 16 players?

20 replies to this topic
lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

It might be just me, but it seems when GTA goes online, it will be chaos among players as far as wanted levels go. What I mean by this is if im driving around and I see another player(s) having it out with the cops, my first instinct will be to start shooting the cops. I'm pretty sure I am not the only cop hating player out there, and it seems the majority of players will probably do the same. With that being said, it seems that we will spend a lot of time trying to lose are wanted levels, only to go full circle in a matter of minutes. I do see cops chasing other NPC's in single player mode, but I am almost 100% sure that will be exasperated exponentially once 16 real players are online. Be as it may, a very large map, it does have the potential of having up to at least 48 helicopters in air at once, and triple the cops. CHAOS?!

What do you folks think?

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'm guessing most servers will have Police turned off.

Bladerskb
  • Bladerskb

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by Bladerskb, 29 September 2013 - 10:39 PM.

It might be just me, but it seems when GTA goes online, it will be chaos among players as far as wanted levels go. What I mean by this is if im driving around and I see another player(s) having it out with the cops, my first instinct will be to start shooting the cops. I'm pretty sure I am not the only cop hating player out there, and it seems the majority of players will probably do the same. With that being said, it seems that we will spend a lot of time trying to lose are wanted levels, only to go full circle in a matter of minutes. I do see cops chasing other NPC's in single player mode, but I am almost 100% sure that will be exasperated exponentially once 16 real players are online. Be as it may, a very large map, it does have the potential of having up to at least 48 helicopters in air at once, and triple the cops. CHAOS?!

What do you folks think?

Not true. The police department and the sheriff will have limited resources at their disposal. that means if most of its resources are being used up. you might end up committing a crime and not having any cop respond even though you have like a one star level.

That way the department would dispatch officers and heli based on need and most-wanted basis.

That sounds like the only possible way it could be done seeing when GTA 5 arrives on Next-Gen or PC we will be able to play +32 players and possibly 64 players if dedicated servers are allowed on PC.

Bladerskb
  • Bladerskb

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Then your stats wouldn't not be legit aka count. Stats meaning Cash, Reputation points, etc.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

If someone's having a shootout and they're not in my crew, I'm more likely going to help the cops, to be honest.

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

I have to admit if there is another crew duking it out with cops it will be a toss up to who I shoot. Hell, I will probably just shoot them all!!

Bladerskb
  • Bladerskb

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

I have to admit if there is another crew duking it out with cops it will be a toss up to who I shoot. Hell, I will probably just shoot them all!!

then the cops would be after you.... smh.

subsonicdust
  • subsonicdust

A Demon of Liberty

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Surely if cops are turned off that'd either nullify the ability to rank up and complete missions, or be available only in private servers.  If you could just switch police off whenever you liked with no consequence, a lot of people would never have them on since they get in the way and you can level up quicker without them.

boopboo
  • boopboo

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

cops arent being turned off idiots, they might be softened up considering everyone will be screwing around a lot but why the hell would one of the most important aspect of the game be disabled? sherifs werent disabled in RDR free roam.. 

anyway, if i see someone being chased by cops/swat/military ill be sure to block their path with a transit bus

• amoratisd likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

16 people each with 5 stars across Los Santos.

While trying to escape, the 16 desperados finally meet in the center of Los Santos, bringing ALL their heat with them, hilarity ensues!

Helicopters crashing into eachother, Policecars filling the screen! :D

LeDunk6
  • LeDunk6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

the one thing i hate about the game is that the cops keep coming no matter what and out of the blue.. i could snipe someone in the mountains and the cops are alerted.. with 5 stars there is stupid copters every 10 secs it seems.. they need to make it where if you F up the police for a min or two, they should stop spamming so you have enough time to get away easier instead of wishing to get to the airport or jumping a train.

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

MOST? No definitely not. This is gta online, they want it to be gta. Maybe a few, but if you're hoping for most you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

MOST? No definitely not. This is gta online, they want it to be gta. Maybe a few, but if you're hoping for most you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm not hoping for anything, Just considering the previous GTA's and thinking about the limitations of the PS3. It's not going to be what you are expecting, That's for sure ;)

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

If I have po po chasing me, and I see someone else - Imma gunna try to cross their path in such a way as the cops on me will crash into them and pick up agro on them instead.

• lilpokerface likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:43 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 30 September 2013 - 01:43 AM.

If I have po po chasing me, and I see someone else - Imma gunna try to cross their path in such a way as the cops on me will crash into them and pick up agro on them instead.

Now imagine 16 players having the Police after them (5 stars), and they all think the same thing as they meet in the center of Downtown :D

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

this is a persistent world i really don't think you will be able to turn the police off

Monkeybiscuit
  • Monkeybiscuit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Hopefully cop search duration is nerfed in online, because it will be pretty frustrating otherwise.

Monkeybiscuit
  • Monkeybiscuit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

this is a persistent world i really don't think you will be able to turn the police off

It's only persistent in the sense that the game saves your progress between sessions.  There's only 16 players to a game remember, this is not an mmo.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:01 AM Edited by GM Inc, 30 September 2013 - 02:02 AM.

It's only persistent in the sense that the game saves your progress between sessions.  There's only 16 players to a game remember, this is not an mmo.

yes 16 players for now but in the future it will be more.not having police would ruin R* long term plan for 'gta world' because it should be about realism.not leveling up without hassel

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

Guess we will find out in two days!!!!!!!!!

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Or not lol :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users