What's next

8 replies to this topic
Smack-daddy
  • Smack-daddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I just started playing GTA VCS again. I was just wondering (couldn't find it online);

I've done a few jobs, and own almost all of the sites on the first area.

I'm the ultimate badass at the first three sites. When do I get new jobs? 
Because I still can't go over the bridge (only a small part).

The only sites I can own right now are the first three (Loan Shark, Prostitution and Protection Racket.

What do I need to do? Do I need to own every site on the first area?

Greetings, Smack-daddy

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

I think you need to progress the missions. The more missions you do, I think the more business types you unlock.

Smack-daddy
  • Smack-daddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I think you need to progress the missions. The more missions you do, I think the more business types you unlock.

Thanks!

I'm almost out of missions. I only need to take over two Cholo sites, and than all the sites are mine.
I will see what happens after I own them all, because there are no other missions besides these.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

You don't need to own all the empire sites to progress through the story ; you can only progress through the story by playing through the story missions, doing so will eventually unlock you the second half of the city, which will then allow you to build two new types of empire business, robbery and smuggling.

Finally to unlock the drug business you'll have to progress through a couple more missions on the second island.

You're only required to own five or seven empire sites out of the thirty available to complete all story missions.

You get bullet-proof vehicles for owning all thirty empire sites however, and completing all the jobs in each of the six different business types unlocks you a brand new outfit.

Otherwise, it must be a rare glitch if for whatever reasons you don't have a new mission marker available to you ...

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

You need to pass the mission "From Zero to Hero" to open up the other island. After that mission you can unlock Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery businesses by completing an attack on a rival site of that type.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by Grievous, 30 September 2013 - 07:40 PM.

You need to pass the mission "From Zero to Hero" to open up the other island. After that mission you can unlock Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery businesses by completing an attack on a rival site of that type.

You don't get to unlock drug business until Armando Mendez tells you to attack one particular business site owned by bikers, next to the North Point Mall.

Edit: from my playthroughs with the game, once you unlocked the second island and attack or buy any new site, you'll automatically be proposed both Robbery and Smuggling operations, but Drugs will remain locked.

I remember this because I always thought it was weird that the Drugs empire isn't available even though the others that are more expensive and profitable already are! Therefor having a drug business just became useful only for its side mission and vehicle.

In any case, the issue here seems to be that the TC did not located the next Story Mission starting point, and has been busy taking over all empire sites of the west island instead.

Smack-daddy
  • Smack-daddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by Smack-daddy, 30 September 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Thanks you all for the quick reply!

I now own all the sites on first level. Yes I got a brand new outfit haha..

Well I think I still need to finish the 'drive by' shooting at the airport..
That's the only one I did not and could not finish I just saw.

It'll take me some time to finish it I guess.

Thanks anyway for the reply, now I know I didn't have to own all the sites,

but its great to be able to save everywhere in town :)

Thanks!

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

You'll also have too much money coming in daily and with nothing much to spend it on , haha ! ...

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

You don't get to unlock drug business until Armando Mendez tells you to attack one particular business site owned by bikers, next to the North Point Mall.

That isn't true! Once you successfully complete an attack on a rival Drugs business after "From Zero to Hero", you will be able to construct those yourself. It works the same for Smuggling and Robbery.

It is true that completing "Hostile Takeover" will unlock Drugs if you haven't unlocked it before that. But there is a glitch involved with this (at least with the PS2 version), so it is advisable to unlock Drugs before this mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users