Photo

I really hope you cant buy ingame $ with micro transactions

38 replies to this topic
watto33
  • watto33

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Since the whole point of GTA online will be robbing shops/heists to get money, offering micro transactions would kill the game surely ?

That would be like allowing people to buy levels in an MMO. Since leveling is the primary goal of MMO's. Cash will be the primary goal of GTA online so I really hope R* doesnt allow people to buy in game $ with it.

Does anyone have any more info in terms of micro transaction products that R* are releasing ?

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by SilencedScream, 29 September 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Respect is what allows you to buy more and do more.

Money is money.
And it's already been confirmed that microtransactions are in. If you've played Battlefield 3, these microtransactions are like the available options to buy Kits without progressing through the tiers. You get things early, but it doesn't give you any advantage that can't be overcome by skill.

In short, money doesn't equate to skill. It won't affect you at all.

EDIT: And, to make it clear, I will not be purchasing any in-game money. I'm not defending it - I'm just telling you that it's not something everyone should be up in arms about.

• AusDingo and Da_WickedJester like this

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

there will be the ability to buy cash... 100% guaranteed straight from rockstar themselves...

they said however that most items will be limited by reputation points.. so just because they buy ingame cash they wont be able to get all the best stuff until they earn it.

watto33
  • watto33

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

Well unless some vehicles/weapons are stupidly hard to get I will not be purchasing any transactions lol

Itd kill the game way too fast. Be prepared for the people that spend $100 bux on micro transactions then complain on here that the game is boring lol this seems to be trend with most micro transactions.
  • Josh5697 likes this

BigTimeSpider
  • BigTimeSpider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

That's what micro transactions are made for.
It really doesn't make a difference. Some people will have more money than you, but that doesn't make them more skillful than you, that just means that they have more money than you.

watto33
  • watto33

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Im just concerbed how money is pretty much the primary resource in GTA online just as levels are in MMO's and were given the choice to just buy it outright.

I think micro transactions should be purely texture based items like skins / clothes /tattoos rather than flat out resource lol

boopboo
  • boopboo

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Since the whole point of GTA online will be robbing shops/heists to get money, offering micro transactions would kill the game surely ?

That would be like allowing people to buy levels in an MMO. Since leveling is the primary goal of MMO's. Cash will be the primary goal of GTA online so I really hope R* doesnt allow people to buy in game $ with it.

Does anyone have any more info in terms of micro transaction products that R* are releasing ?

dude, it was already announced that microtransactions will be in the game like 5 days ago.. 

yeah youll see idiots driving really expensive cars on day 1 but the whole point is to have fun, and money apparently is easier to get in online so i dont really see the point of ruining the fun by buying ingame money.. it is what it is

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

wrong... the primary resource in GTA is reputation... money is secondary... the cost of all vehicles and weapons is reduced online... only mods cost the same.

• boopboo likes this

DubYaBush
  • DubYaBush

GTAo - BHoD

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:13 AM Edited by DubYaBush, 30 September 2013 - 01:14 AM.

Im just concerbed how money is pretty much the primary resource in GTA online just as levels are in MMO's and were given the choice to just buy it outright.

I think micro transactions should be purely texture based items like skins / clothes /tattoos rather than flat out resource lol

Yes, If anything it should be like that. Real world money can only buy like certain cloths and accessories.

I really do not hope some weapons and cars will be accessible only with real world money.

Everybody now's in games especially a GTA Online, Buying in-game money will just bore the game faster for you.

All I no is that I will not be buying any in-game money, I just wanna play Online with no kind of help.

Maybe unless a certain weapon or car can only be bought with real  world money:)

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

A lot of weapons aren't even unlocked right from the start, so even if you do buy cash with your real money, you won't be able to buy much aside from sh*tloads of ammo, you'll still need to do jobs and missions etc. to rank up. Once you do, you'll find it easier to afford properties, that's about the only benefit to buying money.

I'd actually only just unlocked the ability to buy properties before they had to kick us out of the event, so I didn't buy anything yet. I think others did. One small house was about $20000 or something. I had made that amount of money fairly quickly. I got about $3000-$6000 each time I robbed a store.

Monkeybiscuit
  • Monkeybiscuit

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

It's already been announced that you can buy ingame dollars with real life money.

Lame, but that's videogames nowdays.  Disappointed that Rockstar are going down that route.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

why give a sh*t? you don't have to and it won't give anybody an edge

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

The ability to purchase in game money with RL money would ruin the games economy. It sounds like they want an economy to flourish in GTAO, so it wouldn't make any sense to sell people in game cash and defeat the main objective which is to earn money.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

The ability to purchase in game money with RL money would ruin the games economy. It sounds like they want an economy to flourish in GTAO, so it wouldn't make any sense to sell people in game cash and defeat the main objective which is to earn money.

The cost of it vs how much reflects this. Most people won't be buying massive amount unless they are rich.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

People that buy money will probably be segregated into their own lobbies and have their stats disabled.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

People that buy money will probably be segregated into their own lobbies and have their stats disabled.

They won't.

Money only affects how easy it is to acquire something.
You still have to have certain levels of respect to buy anything - meaning that, even with the money, they still have to do missions, heists, races, etc. in order to be able to use it on much.

GTAV26111
  • GTAV26111

Ionospherical

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Rockstar said that micro transactions wont unbalance the game so don't worry. The stocks aren't gonna go bat $hit crazy so it's all guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud :)

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

why give a sh*t? you don't have to and it won't give anybody an edge

It sets a bad precedent in general. People who say things like "why give a sh*t"only make it worse. You'll end up seeing it in more games, and then more games will turn to pay to win instead of cosmetics. Slippery slope.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

From what I have gathered, money is not XP in this game unlike RDR.

You need XP to level up, you earn XP by doing every activity. You can be a level 1 millionaire or a level 100 with $10 in your pocket.

You cant do sh*t with money unless you level up and unlock properties, guns etc.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

People being able to buy ingame cash will make very little diffrence, With the way the damage is handled in gta v every gun is very viable for killing, as such even if someone has the minigun you actually stand a fair chance.

Not to mention the need for reputation.

I have to say I think selling cash cards is the best option for gta online, this will hopefully mean they wont need to sell most of the customization items and new weapons trough some premium credit.

The only question is how will this impact the economy of gta online, we can only hope that R* has implented appropriate money sinks.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

It's already been announced that you can buy ingame dollars with real life money.

Lame, but that's videogames nowdays.  Disappointed that Rockstar are going down that route.

It means more people will play the game, so it's a good thing.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

You need XP to level up, you earn XP by doing every activity. You can be a level 1 millionaire or a level 100 with $10 in your pocket.

You cant do sh*t with money unless you level up and unlock properties, guns etc.

This !

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

I dont think it will be so much of a issue as R* have stated that not everything will be unlocked from day one. So to unlock certain things you have to level up, by playing the game. Then once you level up you can buy certain things, so if people want to do it the easy way and just buy money then fair enough as long as its only things like cars and apartments you can but then i will be fine with that.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

I dont think it will be so much of a issue as R* have stated that not everything will be unlocked from day one. So to unlock certain things you have to level up, by playing the game. Then once you level up you can buy certain things, so if people want to do it the easy way and just buy money then fair enough as long as its only things like cars and apartments you can but then i will be fine with that.

You are right, but here is what I am NOT fine with.... not having heists in the game at start - heists being probably the best source of money for anyone not interested in BAWSAQ. Because, as it looks right now, the game will launch without the full "balanced for normal gameplay economy". I am almost convincing myself that it is a deliberate action to "force" microtransactions in the first "few weeks".

ZeroDemon
  • ZeroDemon

Zero420

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

You are right, but here is what I am NOT fine with.... not having heists in the game at start - heists being probably the best source of money for anyone not interested in BAWSAQ. Because, as it looks right now, the game will launch without the full "balanced for normal gameplay economy". I am almost convincing myself that it is a deliberate action to "force" microtransactions in the first "few weeks"

This is a possibly theory, you never really know when it comes to the behind the curtains stock holders. regardless heists wouldn't really be available till we get a home for the planning board and the ranks required to do such so regardless heists wouldn't have been an immediate thing. Don't get me wrong i'm pretty disappointed as well but hopefully they're just trying to fine tune them since they seem to be a center piece of the game in general.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

You are right, but here is what I am NOT fine with.... not having heists in the game at start - heists being probably the best source of money for anyone not interested in BAWSAQ. Because, as it looks right now, the game will launch without the full "balanced for normal gameplay economy". I am almost convincing myself that it is a deliberate action to "force" microtransactions in the first "few weeks"

This is a possibly theory, you never really know when it comes to the behind the curtains stock holders. regardless heists wouldn't really be available till we get a home for the planning board and the ranks required to do such so regardless heists wouldn't have been an immediate thing. Don't get me wrong i'm pretty disappointed as well but hopefully they're just trying to fine tune them since they seem to be a center piece of the game in general.

I really really really hope you are right...

DarkWarrior454
  • DarkWarrior454

The Ghost Rider

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yup, if you don't have the stuff unlock buying $1M isn't really going to help you. Unless you wanna buy a pistol and have a million bullets on it :/

domtoretto1
  • domtoretto1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Lol all you getting up in arms about this are dumb tbh,is it a let down r* did this after breaking almost every record possible..........yes

But on the other hand who has played online and can say for sure if lvls unlock higher weapons?

If they don't and I have not seen rstar state the best or higher weapons are only unlocked at higher lvls so you can't say your sure its that way tbh it is all your opinion

If any weapon is unlocked right away at lvl 1 hell yea ima buy in game money and one shot people with my fully auto while they use a knee or low pistol that's just the way it is

I think a lot of people are going to be upset when they see people who spend money get to buy better weapons even at lvl 1 because tbh if it wasn't this way the micro trans would not make any sense when money is easier to come by online so expect all weapons to be there if you do micro trans or rstar won't make any money on it at all cause there will be no point

Take everything I said how you will cause I don't care tbh,but that said I do have over 50.00 on my psn just waiting for rstar to put the online up then ima own noobs who are to broke to buy In game money like all you whiners here lol

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Lol all you getting up in arms about this are dumb tbh,is it a let down r* did this after breaking almost every record possible..........yes

But on the other hand who has played online and can say for sure if lvls unlock higher weapons?

If they don't and I have not seen rstar state the best or higher weapons are only unlocked at higher lvls so you can't say your sure its that way tbh it is all your opinion

If any weapon is unlocked right away at lvl 1 hell yea ima buy in game money and one shot people with my fully auto while they use a knee or low pistol that's just the way it is

I think a lot of people are going to be upset when they see people who spend money get to buy better weapons even at lvl 1 because tbh if it wasn't this way the micro trans would not make any sense when money is easier to come by online so expect all weapons to be there if you do micro trans or rstar won't make any money on it at all cause there will be no point

Take everything I said how you will cause I don't care tbh,but that said I do have over 50.00 on my psn just waiting for rstar to put the online up then ima own noobs who are to broke to buy In game money like all you whiners here lol

It's been confirmed and stated plenty of times that weapons along with almost everything else unlock further with rank. Money doesn't equal rank.

xspeed
  • xspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by xspeed, 30 September 2013 - 11:34 PM.

People being able to buy ingame cash will make very little diffrence,

If buying in-game cash makes little to no difference why R* is doing it? I mean offering something for real money that no body needs doesn't make any sence. They have to bring some way of advantages (major ones) for those spending real money otherwise no one will buy their "cash" and trust me R* dosn't want that.

Most of you forget that R* is company and all they care is money, they gonna milk their cow (GTA 5) in every possible way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users