» «
Photo

Possibly a new Mystery I'm dubbing the 'Bonjo Arirang Mystery&

13 replies to this topic
LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:44 PM Edited by LillyOfTheValley, 29 September 2013 - 10:04 PM.

So I came across a building named 'Dream Tower', and straight away it made me think of this picture:http://i.imgur.com/yOahvZq.jpg. The clear indication toward the word 'DREAM' got me interested to find out if the graffiti had anything in common with the building, so i went about trying to figure out who wrote that message on the wall. The first thing that came to mind was the sentence "The fruit tree is a lie". To me this sounded biblical and struck me as anti-religious, so i searched the Atheist Society on Eyefind (you should give it a read).

Here, there's a lot of talk about evolution and why "FACTS" trump religion. And so I strongly believe that the Dinosaur in the image is there to represent Evolution, and it also seems clear that the person who owns this website (Dr. Dale Jenkins) put it there. You have an anti-religious statement, and a reference to Evolution. Clearly an Atheist at work.

After finding out where the Graffiti came from, i then went back to finding the link between the 'Dream Tower', and the Atheist website (because the deliberate and pronounced use of the word "DREAM" still meant something, and now I had another channel to go down; the website) Now if you look back up at the Dream Tower picture you'll see red symbols which also say "Dream Tower", in Korean. I thought this was kind of odd but pretty interesting, and it turned out to be. I was reading through the "Frequent Asinine Questions" section of the Atheist website and noticed a topic about Charles Darwin, and remembered that "Darwinism" was referenced a few times in the main game, so i read on. In the small paragraph about him, the word "Dragonbrain" was used which i thought stuck out like a saw thumb, so as a stab in the dark i ran it through an Anagram Solver. It came back as "Arirang Bond". And there was the Korean connection.

Wikipedia search shows that Arirang Bond refers to Arirang, a Korean folk song. The Etymology of the word 'Arirang' show us that many versions of the song describe the travails of the subjects encounters while he crosses a mountain pass.

"There are apparently a number of passes in Korea called "Arirang Pass". One such is a pass among some hills in central-northeastern Seoul" - Wikipedia. (Recognise the name Seoul? you should, one of the areas in the Los Santos city is named 'Little Seoul'). "Many variations of the song exist. They can be grouped into classes based on the lyrics, when the refrain is sung, the nature of the refrain, the overall melody, and so on. Titles of different versions of the song are usually prefixed by their place of origin or some other kind of signifier."

"The original form of Arirang is Jeongseon Arirang, which has been sung for more than 600 years. However the most famous version of Arirang is that of Seoul. It is the so-called Bonjo Arirang - Wikipedia. And so that's the version of the song I chose to follow...literally. Here is a link to the Wikipedia page for the lyrics of the song (It's important you read the lyrics if you want to take part in this - as far i see it - obvious mystery). My suggestion is to try complete the mystery with Franklin so you can bring the Space Docker (Read the first 2 lines of the 'Bonjo Arirang'and you'll see why). Also wear his 'Children of the Mountain' t-shirt. Let's do this! Oh, and well done if you made it this far :)

• dang_blanco likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Why type in black on a navy blue background?

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Must of been when i copied and pasted it.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Must of been when i copied and pasted it.

Oh, hit that eraser before posting copied text next time ;)

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Ariramg mass games confirmed?

Can't wait to visit north pyongyang

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Well i'm screwed. I traded my space buggy for an Adder :(

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well i'm screwed. I traded my space buggy for an Adder :(

I'm not even sure you'll need it. 

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

This all might sound far fetched and I might have taken the anagram as a coincidence if they didn't already have something else in common. I dunno, maybe it's R* f*cking with me 

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

honestly... you linking all that together was kinda amusing... but i doubt r* put that much thought into this...

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

honestly... you linking all that together was kinda amusing... but i doubt r* put that much thought into this...

They seem to put a lot of thought into a lot of the things they do...This mystery drawing at Mt Chiliad is a testament to that.

2spooky4u
  • 2spooky4u

Mayor of LS

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

I dream of Illuminati - so does this make this situation Illuminati? 

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

Nice research and very interesting. But if R* put that much thought into an easter egg or whatever, I kind of hate them for it, lol. Seriously, though, I can't help thinking every time I play that if I had 5 years to work on a game world this size, man, I would definately put in some deep dark hidden crazy stuff for people to find ... or not find. It always makes me wonder what in this game I might be missing and what might be there that no one has found yet.

Vexedd
  • Vexedd

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I dream of Illuminati - so does this make this situation Illuminati? 

OMG! 'Illuminati' has five syllables. What is five minus two?

That's right, three! Half-Life 3 confirmed?!?!?
  • trusk89 likes this

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

A couple of other things i've come across that might mean something:

http://i.imgur.com/4S329qE.jpg

I travelled parallel from the Plaza for a while and came across this poster: http://i.imgur.com/Oh1Nke7.jpg

I rang the number on the poster and after a few rings i heard some weird feedback. Dial the number see what you think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users