is it just me or is the radio VERY limited

97 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

I like the radios. The problem is that some people doesn't like to open their minds for new types of music. Worldwide FM and FlyLo for example are the best radios i've listened for a while. But the majority of metal/rock fans are close minded to hear other musics than metal. Look for new things. Open your mind.

I am a die-hard metal fan and my favourite stations are Flylo, Mirror Park, both talk radios and West Coast Classics. You are the one who should stop assuming and open your mind.

I think the radio stations seem to be smaller because they have certain songs that play every time you do a certain activity i.e. you enter a cab (Tatuado), jack a car from a lady in vinewood hills (Rihanna/West end girls), enter a strip club (Scandalous), play as Trevor (Channel X) etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and Channel X seems to have only a few songs because R* chose typical 2min. punk songs, so compared to a station with average 3min. songs it seems a lot smaller selection. I have listened to every station and there are at least two decent songs on every one EXCEPT the pop and mexican channels. They don't have necessarily bad music but I just don't like the genre.

You might be but metal fans are seriously some of the most closed minded people you can meet. Trust me my cousin is one and if it is not some guys making music with guitars he thinks it sucks.

gigsroy
  • gigsroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Maybe you're to straight when your playing. Get drunk and or high and expand your mind to some new beats. Spiritual man

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

^ Funny you should enjoy IV's rap as I thought it was the wackest sh*t since that local bitch drove into my parked automobile.

LOL... it was ok. the nas war is neccessary, busta where's my money and mobb deep, was on heavy rotation. the rest was meh, but damn how you only have like 2 good rap songs for part 5?  They need a better music director or something. barely any good west coast songs. rockstar needs to stop with all this low budget never heard sh*t and go for hits. straight hits. or at leat hard hitting rap songs that makes me want to murk someone while im playing the game.

Precisely. What V needed is a "mainstream" Rap station with popular hits and classics 1980-2013, and an "underground" Rap station with indie beats nobody has heard but fit the game's atmosphere. 

Then again I haven't really listened to the stations yet, I'm saving them for when I get to finally play the story tomorrow.

• exe_order_66 likes this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

It seems to me that R* chose a lot of the songs just because they were unknown. Luckily there are some hidden gems in there in addition to the trailer songs like The Cult-Rain for example.

droski
  • droski

SKi

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

I turned all music off in the game settings and I'm pumping my ipod music into my headphones along with the game sound.

Rebel radio only has 3 good songs.

how is this done?

UltraGizmo64
  • UltraGizmo64

ULTRA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by UltraGizmo64, 07 October 2013 - 02:28 PM.

I turned all music off in the game settings and I'm pumping my ipod music into my headphones along with the game sound.

Rebel radio only has 3 good songs.

how is this done?

Press start.

Go to "settings"

Then turn down the music volume and that should work.

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by TovarishchToNy, 07 October 2013 - 02:19 PM.

I want Vladivostok FM back so will end up using Independence FM as I checked the net about GTA V OST

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

The radio doesn't have nearly as many hits as the previous games. Since there are less good or known songs, you only notice the radio is on when those play, and that gives the feeling it's always looping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users