is it just me or is the radio VERY limited

97 replies to this topic
ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

i don't know about anyone else but to me it seems the stations are ALOT smaller than ever before

the pop station has like what 4 songs in it what happened?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

The game's supposed to have the largest number of songs in the series, but yeah - doesn't feel so. It actually feels much smaller than that. Maybe because 90% of the radio is made of crappy tunes?

• DeafMetal likes this

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

i think it's just you

ChimpySkater
  • ChimpySkater

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

It's you all the way. There are hours upon hours of content included in the radios.

AsPalacesBurn
  • AsPalacesBurn

Into the Everblack

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by AsPalacesBurn, 29 September 2013 - 09:38 PM.

each radio station has some where between 10 and 12 songs and a few commercials between them

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

The game's supposed to have the largest number of songs in the series, but yeah - doesn't feel so. It actually feels much smaller than that. Maybe because 90% of the radio is made of crappy tunes?

This. Personally I use 2 radio stations out of the whole range, and I'd say my tastes in music are 'average'. Most of the radio stations seem to be 'niche' stations - this means that there is something for everyone - just not a lot of something.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

It's you all the way. There are hours upon hours of content included in the radios.

No there isn't. Not with the Lazlow chat shows. There's like 2 or 3 of those and then it just keeps repeating and repeating...

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

You should experiment more with the other stations, my bet is you're sticking to what your used to

ChimpySkater
  • ChimpySkater

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:42 PM Edited by ChimpySkater, 29 September 2013 - 09:43 PM.

No there isn't. Not with the Lazlow chat shows. There's like 2 or 3 of those and then it just keeps repeating and repeating...

Yes there is. There's more hours included than any other GTA game.

Some of the best tracks can be found here: http://www.rdio.com/...Original_Music/

Best radio stations than any other GTA game (well maybe not Vice City), IMO.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:44 PM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 29 September 2013 - 09:47 PM.

I like the radios. The problem is that some people doesn't like to open their minds for new types of music. Worldwide FM and FlyLo for example are the best radios i've listened for a while. But the majority of metal/rock fans are close minded to hear other musics than metal. Look for new things. Open your mind.

calearne
  • calearne

GTAO is a complete abomination compared to GTA IV multiplayer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by calearne, 29 September 2013 - 09:45 PM.

I turned all music off in the game settings and I'm pumping my ipod music into my headphones along with the game sound.

Rebel radio only has 3 good songs.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by Murad96, 29 September 2013 - 09:46 PM.

Yes there is. There's more hours included than any other GTA game.

Some of the best tracks can be found here: http://www.rdio.com/...Original_Music/

Best radio stations than any other GTA game (well maybe not Vice City), IMO.

Not with the Lazlow chat shows...

Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

I think this is the best GTA Soundtrack along with San Andreas and Vice City

You're probably only limiting yourself to one station, experiment with some other music.

NijenhuisR
  • NijenhuisR

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I agree, should have been more rap music. And not that future bullsh*t. Icecube, 2pac etc.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

I was listening to the radio and almost busted my nut when I heard J.B smoove better known as Leroy from curb your enthusiasm.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

There seems to be an error in some stations, for example, Non Stop Pop, that has a load of tracks, yet the game keeps defaulting to f*cking "Glamorous" by Fergie each time you do a story mission. You have to stay on some stations before you hear outside of the default go to tracks it seems, apart from the single track mix stations like Worldwide FM, FlyLo FM, SoulWax FM, they seem to be fine.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'm almost positive the pop station had more than 4 songs on it. At least 9

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

There seems to be an error in some stations, for example, Non Stop Pop, that has a load of tracks, yet the game keeps defaulting to f*cking "Glamorous" by Fergie each time you do a story mission. You have to stay on some stations before you hear outside of the default go to tracks it seems, apart from the single track mix stations like Worldwide FM, FlyLo FM, SoulWax FM, they seem to be fine.

I always get Gimme More by Britney Spears on Non Stop Pop. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

It's just you.

My bet is that you aren't listening to very many stations, because there is loads of content and it's pretty much all good.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

There's a serious lack of good songs imo. A few on Non-Stop pop, then the songs that were in the trailers and The Cult-Rain and that's pretty much it. Before calling me close minded I loved a lot of the unknown songs on GTA IVs radio like No Sex For Ben or Greenskeepers- Vagabond.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

The soundtrack is mediocre at the very least. It's almost as bad as San Andreas, where the only station that was great was X radio. It is worse than IV and it doesn't even come close to vice.

Of course this is all a matter of taste, but I for one long for a custom radio station, and on foot radio, both will be possible when the game hits the pc.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

I always get Gimme More by Britney Spears on Non Stop Pop. 

Yeah that's the other track along with "Work (Freemasons Remix)", thos three tracks seem like they're on loop, but it's actually what the game default to for some odd reason.

drumbago
  • drumbago

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Ghetto boys on West Coast classics.

That is all.

jumper2011
  • jumper2011

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

Uh no.

GTA5 is still not on par with Vice City. Especially the pop station dissapoints in GTA5... So many great and known artists. And we get one Rihanna Song, one britney Song and so on. An 80s station would have been great too. Michael Jackson songs would fit greatly into GTAv

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Uh no.

GTA5 is still not on par with Vice City. Especially the pop station dissapoints in GTA5... So many great and known artists. And we get one Rihanna Song, one britney Song and so on. An 80s station would have been great too. Michael Jackson songs would fit greatly into GTAv

There's THREE Cut Radio Station in GTAV, one of them was an 80s Station. That's why Non Stop Pop and Los santos Rock Radio have a few 80s tracks, call it collateral fallout.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by Deacon Bosco, 29 September 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Which were the other two, Ash? And was NightRide FM one of them?

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

You're probably only limiting yourself to one station, experiment with some other music.

I think most people don't want to experiment with music, we just want familiar tunes we love in the background.

They can't please everyone, but since most people seem to be either Rock, Pop, or HipHop it'd make sense if that made up a larger population of song lists. I can go around the wheel to see what's playing, and usually 3/4 of the time I don't recognise the artists. Sure my music taste may be lame, but so is most peoples, which is why you get threads like this one :)

I'm not sure what it's like in LA, but here the general formula is : Pop x 2, Rock, Classic Rock, Easy Listening x f'ing 500. But in the game it seems like 1xPop, 1xClassic Rock, 1xHipHop, 1xCountry and then the rest (I might have missed one or two) seems to be niche (as in only a small percentage of players will recognise tunes from it)

But anyway it wont change, so what would be epic is if they sold radio DLC, e.g. let you extend each radio stations length, so your favourite station now has 15 songs instead of 8 etc. I'd pay a few bucks to extend some stations. Especially if I'll be playing long term GTAO.

Just my 2c.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Sadly the "largest number of radio stations" was misleading.

I would've preferred fewer stations with longer playlists.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

Roscoe182
  • Roscoe182

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

i really dont like the radio stations in this one feels really limited to a bit of rap some pop and then a tiny bit of rock/punk. i end up listning to either nothing or the talk shows. a bit of metal wouldnt have gone a miss or even a custom playlist from songs on my ps3/360.

such a small complaint tho considering everything they got completly spot on.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Which were the other two, Ash? And was NightRide FM one of them?

NO, NIGHTRIDE FM NEVER EXISTED, it was a lie by Kavinsky to get attention.

The other two were a 90s Heavy Rock Station and a Jazz Station.

• TheDeaconBosco likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users