Invincibility Time Limit Discussion

188 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Keep it here. No need for 8 threads about this.
  • Liz.Fizz likes this

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Now that I know how to successfully enter the cheat in pause mode, I am not too concerned. Certain death is no longer a foregone conclusion :)

• Silent Dogwood likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Wonder how long it takes before people notice this topic...

Anyway. I don't have any kind of problem with the 5 minute time limit, although it's strange that why it exists.

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by shansha, 29 September 2013 - 08:36 PM.

no reason for 5 minutes and people should stop bitching for people to keep it 5 minutes and to say it is fine because you make yourself look like an asshole and if you don't have any problems you should see it from the perspective for why people are complaining.

• MCjingle and Deathwish91 like this

Spoil
  • Spoil

Chief of Police

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Some dope actually had to program in the time limit to this cheat. What the hell was he thinking,

• shansha likes this

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

I don't want to put cheat every 5 minutes. It's not funny. Next disappointment.  

• theGTAking101 likes this

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Some dope actually had to program in the time limit to this cheat. What the hell was he thinking,

I agree or it was probably some debug feature that people consider a cheat like most games.

• Spider-Vice likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

But in IV if you got shot to sh*t, you would have to keep entering the health/armor cheat every 5 minutes. Does it really make that much of a difference?

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

But in IV if you got shot to sh*t, you would have to keep entering the health/armor cheat every 5 minutes. Does it really make that much of a difference?

This isn't 4 this is the modern world where people don't want to have to enter it every 5 minutes.

• Mini Mac likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

back when cops were easier to kill but now you got shorter amount of health and precise marksmanship to deal with from those f*cking sniper cops

Da Kno
  • Da Kno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by Da Kno, 29 September 2013 - 08:57 PM.

The thing is, you can all complain that its bullsh*t.

But what you all forget, is that sometimes things are necessary.

Theres a huge possibility that they had to add the five minute timer.

Or they just did it to piss everyone off, either way, if they added it for a reason or just to annoy everyone, there will be no fix or a chance of* it being changed.

Pretty obvious

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

This isn't 4 this is the modern world where people don't want to have to enter it every 5 minutes.

You're not speaking for the modern world you are speaking for yourself. Not everybody is upset. And GTAiv is game from the "modern world" whatever the hell that means anyways. 

• Get_Head_Ed likes this

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

You're not speaking for the modern world you are speaking for yourself. Not everybody is upset. And GTAiv is game from the "modern world" whatever the hell that means anyways. 

A majority of the people aware of this issue are upset. I am saying that GTA 4 was the past and we are in the modern world where people want other stuff.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

A majority of the people aware of this issue are upset. I am saying that GTA 4 was the past and we are in the modern world where people want other stuff.

You don't know what everybody wants. And what majority are you speaking of? the few users on this forum who are upset? These forums that hardly represent a fraction of the global gta gamer base. Yeah I think you are using "majority" a bit too loosely. 

Da Kno
  • Da Kno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

You don't know what everybody wants. And what majority are you speaking of? the few users on this forum who are upset? These forums that hardly represent a fraction of the global gta gamer base. Yeah I think you are using "majority" a bit too loosely. 

The thing is, you can all complain that its bullsh*t.

But what you all forget, is that sometimes things are necessary.

Theres a huge possibility that they had to add the five minute timer.

Or they just did it to piss everyone off, either way, if they added it for a reason or just to annoy everyone, there will be no fix or a chance of* it being changed.

Pretty obvious

Like i stated, it isn't an "issue" lol.

This will not be fixed/changed.

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

I wish it would be removed completely so it would give the children something to really complain about.
  • tarheel716 likes this

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by shansha, 29 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

The majority of the people AWARE of the issue are upset. And the forums is the majority that represents and expresses that issue. 

And next people I'm sure they will change it unless they want to be big assholes and cause a spark of more people to complain about it and why the hell would a company put a cheat and remove it that just makes you teasing people causing you to be some of the biggest assholes on the planet. This is an issue since it causes more problems then it solves.

RaptorTaco
  • RaptorTaco

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

I'm just gonna go ahead and suggest maybe there's a technical reason for the limit? The invincibility cheat in RDR was pretty clitchy. Maybe the RAGE engine working with euphoria just isn't that great at sustaining a modification like that, and eventually the thing freaks out.

If that were the case, I think it makes sense for rockstar to put a set limit on it rather than leave it until the game breaks it at some random time. It's a cleaner fix and gives them control over them breaking their system.

And yes, it is breaking their system. That's what cheats do. And no, I don't think it would have been worth their time to find a way to break their engine better. It's much more important for me to focus on their game the way it is generally intended to be played, than to refine a cheat mode.

I have no idea If that's even close to why the time limit exists. But I think its a better idea to try to think of reasonable explanations for it, rather than going on angry tirades about being wronged by a company and calling them tyrannical and discrediting their work over one small extra feature that isn't even an official part of their product.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to be bummed out by it, but try to put things in some perspective before going off.
  • skovie11 likes this

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

The majority of the people AWARE of the issue are upset. And the forums is the majority that represents and expresses that issue. 

And next people I'm sure they will change it unless they want to be big assholes and cause a spark of more people to complain about it and why the hell would a company put a cheat and remove it that just makes you teasing people causing you to be some of the biggest assholes on the planet. This is an issue since it causes more problems then it solves.

First of they are not going to change it. I can bet you on that. 

Secondly the forums do not represent that majority of GTA gamers.  

It doesn't cause any problems. Rockstar North rarely includes invincibility cheats at all, when they do they always limit it. 

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

First of they are not going to change it. I can bet you on that. 

Secondly the forums do not represent that majority of GTA gamers.  

It doesn't cause any problems. Rockstar North rarely includes invincibility cheats at all, when they do they always limit it. 

The forums represent the people expressing the issue and is major it is also a place that rockstar checks on to hear the global views. It does cause problems and make people pissed and people want invicibility cheats so we shouldn't have 5 minute invicibility it is a tease and makes rockstars cheat coder an asshole and should be brought on by global attention. They should change it and we should voice that.

RaptorTaco
  • RaptorTaco

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

"Biggest assholes on the planet."

Really? Because of a cheat code in a video game not working the way you want? This is what I mean about perspective...

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

The forums represent the people expressing the issue and is major it is also a place that rockstar checks on to hear the global views. It does cause problems and make people pissed and people want invicibility cheats so we shouldn't have 5 minute invicibility it is a tease and makes rockstars cheat coder an asshole and should be brought on by global attention. They should change it and we should voice that.

Rockstar doesn't check the forums. Unless you have proof that they do that's just your assumption.  If anything their feedback comes from their own site in which their user base out numbers this forum's user base damn near million to 1. So you are wrong there. 

Some people are pissed but not everybody so it's not as major as you think. 

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Rockstar doesn't check the forums. Unless you have proof that they do that's just your assumption.  If anything their feedback comes from their own site in which their user base out numbers this forum's user base damn near million to 1. So you are wrong there. 

They do even moderators of this site has confirmed so. This is major because this is the place that represents the issue the most and where people are even aware of it besides the cheat sites.  Only some people are aware of the issue and those people are mostly here to express it.

DaltyFbaby
  • DaltyFbaby

Notorious Drunkard

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by DaltyFbaby, 29 September 2013 - 09:38 PM.

And you have no proof of your assumption either.

RaptorTaco
  • RaptorTaco

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

To be fair, they probably have someone skim the fan sites now and then, but it's not going to be super in depth and thorough.

No, I don't have proof, because only rockstar knows their business practices, but I do know how PR works.

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by MikeyB, 29 September 2013 - 09:48 PM.

You don't know what everybody wants. 

Do you think there are people out there that think.. "Hmm an invincibility cheat would be great, but hey, why not limit it so I have to keep on putting the code in every 20 minutes. Better still why not reduce it to f*cking 5 minutes so it really pisses me off"?

I don't think ANYONE who would choose to use the invincibility cheat would wish it to be timed. If people have had enough of the cheat then they can disable it whenever.

Imposing a 5 minute limit is just mean.

The reason won't be technical. If it was then the time would vary depending on other factors. We could enable the cheat and then never really use it, but it's still limited to 5 minutes. If it was a way of reclaiming resources then the time would vary depending on how bogged down the system got.

witsalldonebefor
  • witsalldonebefor

Hello.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Rather enter it every 5 minutes then losing $5000 every 2 minutes.

• skovie11 likes this

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Do you think there are people out there that think.. "Hmm an invincibility cheat would be great, but hey, why not limit it so I have to keep on putting the code in every 20 minutes. Better still why not reduce it to f*cking 5 minutes so it really pisses me off"?

You don't know what everybody wants. 

I don't think ANYONE who would choose to use the invincibility cheat would wish it to be timed. If people have had enough of the cheat then they can disable it whenever.

Imposing a 5 minute limit is just mean.

The reason won't be technical. If it was then the time would vary depending on other factors. We could enable the cheat and then never really use it, but it's still limited to 5 minutes. If it was a way of reclaiming resources then the time would vary depending on how bogged down the system got.

No I expect people to understand that Rockstar North has never included an unlimited invincibility cheat in any of their games. They either don't include or they limit it. That's how they have always done it. that's probably how they will continue to do it. 

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by mr. libs, 29 September 2013 - 09:59 PM.

what's worse?

A. limited invincibility

B. having to pay for actual cheat with no time limit

C. f*cking f*ck no god mode!

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by Raavi, 29 September 2013 - 10:02 PM.

Yes it does. in IV it was merely a matter of bringing up your phone and selecting the cheat you wanted - as easy and user friendly as it gets. Unlike V which has implemented GTA SA's cheat system complete with the frustrating button mashing. Which is a nuisance, but that goes without saying.

• Ermac likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users