Quantcast

» «
Photo

Screenshots of things that never happened?

129 replies to this topic
Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

And this???  :/

trailer1_024.jpg

I was going to add this in the OP but I havent completed all the drug runs from the Grapeseed runway and thought it MIGHT be included in one of those misisons. 

Ryder 556
  • Ryder 556

derp

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

Good topic!

I've been wondering about the pre-release screenshots, and especialy this kind, with Michael siting on the car bonnet.
Does it ever happen? Like an idle animation if you wait near the car for a moment.
889-1280.jpg

I think it might be a switch scene. I've switched to Mike once and he was leaning on his car, just not at that area.

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

I'm two thirds of the way through my second playthrough and have found some new things by going different paths and finding new side missions etc... but i've never seen anything close to all 3 protags hunting together as seen in this artwork:

fqtb.jpg

And yes i know its just artwork and not a screen shot, but it was released like a week away from the games release, so you'd think that what you see may be something that could happen. Also that rifle that Michael is holding is not seen in the game right? (M417 battle rifle from the looks of it). Unless the rifle and all protags together hunting is going to be a future DLC.

Also note that Michael's car looks how it does after 
Spoiler
, meaning this scene should take place late in the story.

Some screen shots that have had scenes that are not in the final game could be scenes that were cut, it doesn't mean they were made just for trailers, as the first 2 trailers were released over 10 months before games release, plenty of time for things to change.

Another scene i noticed was missing, was the from the gameplay trailer when the 3 protags were standing on a building wearing the overalls as Trevor says: "So now what" as they see a car explode (from the 3rd heist with the armored truck), you never see all protags together during that mission, and Trevor is the only one on the roof. Even though it was the gameplay trailer, it is still possible that it was an early build of the game and missions have changed since then, its just kind of annoying that not everything in the trailer was in the final game (even if it was just that one scene) 

M_Redfield
  • M_Redfield

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Good topic!

I've been wondering about the pre-release screenshots, and especialy this kind, with Michael siting on the car bonnet.
Does it ever happen? Like an idle animation if you wait near the car for a moment.
889-1280.jpg

I think it might be a switch scene. I've switched to Mike once and he was leaning on his car, just not at that area.

I've seen this exact scene when switching to Michael.

The cars on the trailer is a mission, the jets intercepting the supercargo is a mission, a lot of them are free-roam things that just sort of happen. The only screens I've seen that "didn't happen" are bits from the first trailer.

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

I'm two thirds of the way through my second playthrough and have found some new things by going different paths and finding new side missions etc... but i've never seen anything close to all 3 protags hunting together as seen in this artwork

That artwork is from the

Spoiler
mission.

at 5:55

• poklane likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

You cant even say it wasn't part of a mission as you cant collect protags etc together in free roam.

...and your thread fails before it begins.

• poklane and RhainbowGames like this

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

I'm two thirds of the way through my second playthrough and have found some new things by going different paths and finding new side missions etc... but i've never seen anything close to all 3 protags hunting together as seen in this artwork

That artwork is from the

Spoiler
mission.

at 5:55

Thanks, i totally forgot about that mission (i paused it on that vid and other than the clothes, the guns and trevors vehice it looks identicle, even michaels car is in the same position), but then again i was thinking it was a hunting mission not a 

Spoiler
, like all protags hunting for sport or something, working as a team to hunt a rare animal or something.  Still doesn't explain the gun not found in game though lol (i still think it could be dlc thats coming soon).

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

I was also wondering about the cropduster scene.  Can they actually release pesticides? I have not seen one do it so far, and have not found a way to do it while flying one.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

The scene where Trevor says: "Your therapist has a lot to answer for.." isn't there too.

Yes it does. He just says it at a different time than he does in the trailer (he says it if you pick ending C, at the cliff scene)

• poklane likes this

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by dp415263, 30 September 2013 - 03:23 AM.

I was waiting for Trevor to strangle that old man like in his trailer, I never saw that in game though am I missing something??

Go meet nigel

TheNando
  • TheNando

poophead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

4.jpg

This ^ involved Trevor instead of Franklin.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

e3sony_6.jpg

It is impossible to aim with one arm, and it is impossible to get this goatee as facial hair.

And that hairstyle (Used in various screenshots/Trailers) Which seems to be the standard fade slightly better kept, and with 2 stripes at the top.. instead of the hideous tramlines we got now.

NickSimo
  • NickSimo

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

I'm two thirds of the way through my second playthrough and have found some new things by going different paths and finding new side missions etc... but i've never seen anything close to all 3 protags hunting together as seen in this artwork:

fqtb.jpg

And yes i know its just artwork and not a screen shot, but it was released like a week away from the games release, so you'd think that what you see may be something that could happen. Also that rifle that Michael is holding is not seen in the game right? (M417 battle rifle from the looks of it). Unless the rifle and all protags together hunting is going to be a future DLC.

Also note that Michael's car looks how it does after 
Spoiler
, meaning this scene should take place late in the story.

Some screen shots that have had scenes that are not in the final game could be scenes that were cut, it doesn't mean they were made just for trailers, as the first 2 trailers were released over 10 months before games release, plenty of time for things to change.

Another scene i noticed was missing, was the from the gameplay trailer when the 3 protags were standing on a building wearing the overalls as Trevor says: "So now what" as they see a car explode (from the 3rd heist with the armored truck), you never see all protags together during that mission, and Trevor is the only one on the roof. Even though it was the gameplay trailer, it is still possible that it was an early build of the game and missions have changed since then, its just kind of annoying that not everything in the trailer was in the final game (even if it was just that one scene) 

Could that be from the saving Lamar mission ? 

• tommzy2 likes this

Wrex_Flitz
  • Wrex_Flitz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

2. Ending C

4. That did happen. Just not there.

This. 4 is one of the earlier missions,

Spoiler
. It also takes place in a different area.

Its the last mission of car theft. the cars you steal are on the truck, loads of police following you, franklin climbs out of the truck, gets into the vintage aston martin and uses the special weapons to get rid of the police

Picture 3 could probably happen, hang out with both other characters at same time, fly to top of maze bank,

Damn I don't remember him climbing on the truck like that :lol:

The mission is called "Pack Man"

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

To all of you complaining about screenshot and ingame mission takes place in different area: R* HAD to edit the script to make screenshots so that the map won't be revealed too much. Think about it, if you could see the desert from the sky or the countryside via cinematic camera, it'd be too much spoiler.

• RhainbowGames likes this

Krad Oren
  • Krad Oren

Pi▀wasser Movement Member

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:33 AM Edited by Krad Oren, 30 September 2013 - 11:33 AM.

Isn't #4 the mission where you

Spoiler

You sir are 100% correct.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I never came across the iconic "Why did I move here?" line.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

V-12-1280.jpg

These lights never happened.

Spoiler

Correct me if I'm wrong but this scene never happened? Looks too scripted to be in free-roam. 

gtav_shot004122412_1280.jpg

The mission where Trevor flew the cargo plane and was shot down my jets?

And I never had the "do you want me to get my dick out again" scene happen :(

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:44 AM Edited by AllenKS, 30 September 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Also, isnt the guy running from the cops Stretch?

It is in
Spoiler

It is?

Spoiler

It may just be a beta version of Franklin running from the cops, just for cinematic effects, considering the fact that the first trailer was released in November of 2011, so they must have done some edits on all three characters during the time between the release of the first trailer and the second trailer.

Except that Franklin is in the 1st trailer already and he's just fatter and has a lighter skin tone.

It's just a normal NPC running from the cops. That NPC character model is still in the final game, and we know that police chases with the NPCs can happen, it's not a mystery.

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

ACTUALLY you can get protagonists together in free roam... Theres an achievement related to it. and All those did happen. Except idk how franklin got a black teeshirt under that jacket... I only have white

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

You are aware you can get all three together, and do hang out missions with them right?

Just drive them all to the same spot

the_warbsta
  • the_warbsta

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

I was waiting for Trevor to strangle that old man like in his trailer, I never saw that in game though am I missing something??

its a random event

TheEngin33r
  • TheEngin33r

"My advice? Give the sh*t up."

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:02 PM Edited by TheEngin33r, 30 September 2013 - 12:03 PM.

You are aware you can get all three together, and do hang out missions with them right?

Just drive them all to the same spot

You can also just call them both to hang out one after the other - you must wait until you've called both before you go and meet either of them, though.

saksoka
  • saksoka

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

And this???  :/

trailer1_024.jpg

I was going to add this in the OP but I havent completed all the drug runs from the Grapeseed runway and thought it MIGHT be included in one of those misisons. 

It's not a mission , just a random place 

13805427091.jpg

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

What i previously said about the protags together on the roof and Trevor says: "So now what?", well i just saw that scene during 

Spoiler
, which is weird as other than their positions and speech, everything is different, its a completely different mission, like 50% of the game's story apart, it makes you wonder why they rearranged the cut scene like that, 
Spoiler

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

These kind of topics show who really played through the game and enjoyed it and who rushed through it as fast as they could and immediately forgot the mission they just did. 

• RhainbowGames likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

What i previously said about the protags together on the roof and Trevor says: "So now what?", well i just saw that scene during 

Spoiler
, which is weird as other than their positions and speech, everything is different, its a completely different mission, like 50% of the game's story apart, it makes you wonder why they rearranged the cut scene like that, 
Spoiler

one can only assume they did it so they don't give away too much of final missions etc..

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

I don't think things in the game were changed. For the trailer they kind of mixed and matched scenes and audio to prevent spoilers.

RhainbowGames
  • RhainbowGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

OMG SOME OF DA SCREENSHOTS R A LITL BIT DIFRENT THEN THA PROPA GAME OMG R* SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No but seriously, I don't know why you're complaining. They changed little bits for the trailers/screenshots? So what!? Films and television shows do it too, quit your complaining please. This game is amazing. :)

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

I love this forum. 

Observations = Complaining. 

At what point did I complain or are you just illiterate? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users