Quantcast

» «
Photo

Screenshots of things that never happened?

129 replies to this topic
IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

V-12-1280.jpg

These lights never happened.

Spoiler

those lights actually look pretty cool

Hodor Hodor
  • Hodor Hodor

HODOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Ecuador

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

The scene where Trevor says: "Your therapist has a lot to answer for.." isn't there too.

It is in ending c.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 29 September 2013 - 07:26 PM.

That never happened

819-1280.jpg681-1280.jpg

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

I was waiting for Trevor to strangle that old man like in his trailer, I never saw that in game though am I missing something??

Your contact lenses :lol:

Spoiler

The transporter mission happened, and if you press B or circle you get a cinematic view of Franklin much like the screenshot.

And were you seriously expecting a mission where all three posed for a screenshot?

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by Okin, 29 September 2013 - 07:31 PM.

The scene where Trevor says: "Your therapist has a lot to answer for.." isn't there too.

It is in ending c.

Which is a completely different context and scene to the trailer. 

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but this scene never happened? Looks too scripted to be in free-roam. 

gtav_shot004122412_1280.jpg

It happened

9861088456_f7ef618355_c.jpg

Hodor Hodor
  • Hodor Hodor

HODOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Ecuador

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yeah I know they did that with a lot of the audio in the trailer's.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

V-12-1280.jpg

Spoiler
Correct me if I'm wrong but this scene never happened? Looks too scripted to be in free-roam. 

It did. When you hijack the giant cargo plane. It's just a different location. You could make it happen there though if your timing is right.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

2. Ending C
4. That did happen. Just not there.

This. 4 is one of the earlier missions,
Spoiler
. It also takes place in a different area.
Wrong scene, the picture is from the mission Pack Man where
Spoiler

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by malcolmfunktion, 29 September 2013 - 07:50 PM.

V-12-1280.jpg

Spoiler

It did. When you hijack the giant cargo plane. It's just a different location. You could make it happen there though if your timing is right.

I remember this exact shot, it was earlier in the day though...or later.. The sun was higher!

A few things were different but its no big deal. The trailer when Trevor says "Take a shot amigo!" he was in a train cargo and not in the middle of desert. It happens with movies also, sometimes they have a picture on the back of the case that NEVER happened in the movie, or for the purpose of the trailer they will chop and re-edit audio and different camera angles etc...

xcroptic
  • xcroptic

I'v killed people

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

I never found the scene with the voice of michael for trailer 1 in the game.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

I never found the scene with the voice of michael for trailer 1 in the game.

Did you go to the shrink much? I've been a couple of times and had two phone sessions but will go back again just for hell of it. Presumed he was talking to his shrink maybe when he said that...Not finished the game yet :)

anon123
  • anon123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by anon123, 29 September 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Spoiler

turkeygoo2
  • turkeygoo2

Raging Hardon!!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

hkpjcS2.png?1?5409

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

hkpjcS2.png?1?5409

Another good one, I can only think that it may be a switch scene, that nobody has encountered?

Lordani66
  • Lordani66

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Also, isnt the guy running from the cops Stretch?

It is in
Spoiler

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

hkpjcS2.png?1?5409

Switch only scene.

THC 300
  • THC 300

hombre condón

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

V-12-1280.jpg

Spoiler

during the

Spoiler
mission, if you get in a certain possition trevor will say hi to the fighter pilot. 

GlaucusAtlanticus
  • GlaucusAtlanticus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by GlaucusAtlanticus, 29 September 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Some spoilers below.

Rockstar have got a lot of control over what goes into the trailers. For example, in the final "Official" trailer we got, when Michael goes on about how a few weeks ago, he was happily sitting by his pool, the scene is taken from the intro to the mission where David and Steve Haines tell them to buy the cargobob, then get into the IAA base underwater. In the game, they're sitting in Trevor's meth lab, with all the meth stuff sitting around, and David and Steve standing just nearby. In the trailer, both the meth equipment and the two agents are missing.

They also changed around a lot of the audio to remove swearing and even rearrange conversations almost completely. A lot of films and games do this for the sake of cramming more info into a trailer, but honestly, there was so much of it its bordering on false advertising :p

Some of the screenshots posted are of the same thing. Franklin hanging off the truck with the cars is taken from that last Devin mission, though that happens way out near Paleto Bay, and that screenshot is clearly in LS. Also, Trevor in the plane with the jet is taken from his raid on the Merryweather carrier which takes place over Blaine County, not the city. Its not hard for Rockstar to just move whole scenes elsewhere to make it look more dramatic. 

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

It is in
Spoiler

It is?

Spoiler

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

That's there if you choose option C

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

2. Ending C

Spoiler

No, number 4 with vehicles happens aswell.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Some spoilers below.

Rockstar have got a lot of control over what goes into the trailers. For example, in the final "Official" trailer we got, when Michael goes on about how a few weeks ago, he was happily sitting by his pool, the scene is taken from the intro to the mission where David and Steve Haines tell them to buy the cargobob, then get into the IAA base underwater. In the game, they're sitting in Trevor's meth lab, with all the meth stuff sitting around, and David and Steve standing just nearby. In the trailer, both the meth equipment and the two agents are missing.

They also changed around a lot of the audio to remove swearing and even rearrange conversations almost completely. A lot of films and games do this for the sake of cramming more info into a trailer, but honestly, there was so much of it its bordering on false advertising :p

Some of the screenshots posted are of the same thing. Franklin hanging off the truck with the cars is taken from that last Devin mission, though that happens way out near Paleto Bay, and that screenshot is clearly in LS. Also, Trevor in the plane with the jet is taken from his raid on the Merryweather carrier which takes place over Blaine County, not the city. Its not hard for Rockstar to just move whole scenes elsewhere to make it look more dramatic. 

That trailer editing to change quotes was insane. Like in Franklin's trailer where Lamar says "Ah gangsta sh*t", in the actual cutscene he said "Gangsta sh*t, nigga" or in Michael's trailer where he takes the remote from Tracy she says "I hate you" and screams. In the game she only screams. In Trevor's trailer "I'm new in town I've been making friend alright, a lot of friends. Things are going to get really messy". That whole quote in the trailer was one but in the game it was split between 2 different cutscenes.  And then using quotes like "Real hillbilly type sh*t" from Lester that had no actual connection with Trevor's trailer. I could go on for hours.

Champers
  • Champers

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by Champerss, 29 September 2013 - 08:26 PM.

It is in
Spoiler

It is?

Spoiler

It may just be a beta version of Franklin running from the cops, just for cinematic effects, considering the fact that the first trailer was released in November of 2011, so they must have done some edits on all three characters during the time between the release of the first trailer and the second trailer.

Cedimedi
  • Cedimedi

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by Cedimedi, 29 September 2013 - 08:32 PM.

I never seen that scene in michaels trailer where that coach jumps thru the window. There is this one mission, but he doesnt jump out of the window. 

edit: just rewatched a youtube vid, he jumps out there like in the trailer :/ I was very sure that he left somehow else.

edit2: okay, looks like the cutscene is different when you start the mission as franklin.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

2. Ending C

Spoiler

no that was different the 4th one is when you have to put cars in a truck,the cars you steal from these rich guys.

GlaucusAtlanticus
  • GlaucusAtlanticus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Some spoilers below.

That trailer editing to change quotes was insane. Like in Franklin's trailer where Lamar says "Ah gangsta sh*t", in the actual cutscene he said "Gangsta sh*t, nigga" or in Michael's trailer where he takes the remote from Tracy she says "I hate you" and screams. In the game she only screams. In Trevor's trailer "I'm new in town I've been making friend alright, a lot of friends. Things are going to get really messy". That whole quote in the trailer was one but in the game it was split between 2 different cutscenes.  And then using quotes like "Real hillbilly type sh*t" from Lester that had no actual connection with Trevor's trailer. I could go on for hours.

Yeah it's pretty mad how much was altered for the trailers. Like I said, they were getting dangerously close to presenting something different from what they were selling, which is a big no-no. 

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Glausus, wtf are you on?

IomMeza
  • IomMeza

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by IomMeza, 29 September 2013 - 08:43 PM.

V-12-1280.jpg

Spoiler

That happened in Minor Turbulence mission. It is a scene which I seen in the mission, just before he got shot down by jets.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Reading through these posts confuse me as I am sure it would others so I must contribute the following;

All of the screens in the initial post can happen throughout the course of the game.

Screens 1, 2, and 3 are based on the heist option you selected.

Screen 4 occurs just not in the same area the screenshot suggests.

I fail to see why some of you choose to criticize Rockstar for falsifying screenshots, or whatever your actual gripe is, when you have not played the game from multiple angles.

Play a second or third time through the story and select a different heist option from your initial go-around and then come back to this thread.

The only falsifying I can agree with is the quality within many of the screenshots. For example, shots of Mt. Chiliad show far more trees and plantlife than is actually in-game and urban shots feature far more trash and pedestrians than is in-game but thats due to hardware limitations.

I can't blame Rockstar if 360 hardware isn't up to the standards. Not their fault. Maybe the next generation will allow for more involved environments..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users