» «
Photo

Every GTA Title Just Gets Better Than The Last

62 replies to this topic
Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 29 September 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Ok, so I posted this in another thread a few days ago, but seeing all of these depressing threads from complainers and trolls has led me to create my own thread, and expand on my original post.

First of all, I genuinely don't understand how anyone can be bored with this game. I'm no "fanboy" or whatever, and I appreciate others opinions, but I just don't get it. With the amount of content and features in V (the game required us to install 8gb of data for Chists sake!), how can you be bored already?

This is why I firmly believe they are one of the following:

-A generic FPS gamer

-A spoiled child who expected way too much from this outdated hardware

-A troll

-The type of gamer who needs to rush everything while not appreciating the finer details

I'm having an absolute blast with this game. Just the exploration of the gigantic map alone is a seller for me. Like the thread title states, every GTA just gets better and better in my honest opinion:

GTA III: Introduction of a 3D gaming open world

Vice City: Introduction of helicopters, a protag with actual personality, bright lights, great setting + soundtrack

San Andreas: Multiple cities, introduction of countryside + desert, an endless amount of features

GTA IV: Amazing upgrade on graphics, extremely fun physics (both driving + ragdoll), great storyline with a good length, great characters and voice work

GTA V: Absolutely massive map (I don't care what anyone says, it looks AND feels huge to me), introduction of multiple protags (the switching is great fun), hugely improved shooting mechanics, loads of new side activities, just a general mix of everything from previous titles

I'm not saying V is perfect (the campaign was a bit too short for me, and I still prefer the driving physics of IV), but it doesn't deserve anywhere near the level of hate it's getting from some people on this forum.

Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest.

• deyessorc, alb-mac, HoleInTheSky and 12 others like this

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

I agree with everything! 

If you are getting bored you are not playing the game right. I am playing the Xbox and ps3 game in tandom. I've experienced each mission differently on the other console. This is what makes GTA awesome. nobody experiences the missions in the same way.

• malcolmfunktion and Lucchese like this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

I agree with everything! 

If you are getting bored you are not playing the game right. I am playing the Xbox and ps3 game in tandom. I've experienced each mission differently on the other console. This is what makes GTA awesome. nobody experiences the missions in the same way.

Exactly!

Even just replaying the campaign feels different than the first time, with all the different choice you make, who to play the mission as. This kind of makes up for the short length.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Also agree.

And as vocal as the "whiners" are polls have shown us time after a time that they are just that, a very vocal minority.

• deyessorc likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Also agree.

And as vocal as the "whiners" are polls have shown us time after a time that they are just that, a very vocal minority.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I just hope R* doesn't read this forum and all of the whiney bullsh*t, as I hate seeing such hard work be met with such ungrateful complaining.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Ok, so I posted this in another thread a few days ago, but seeing all of these depressing threads from complainers and trolls has led me to create my own thread, and expand on my original post.

First of all, I genuinely don't understand how anyone can be bored with this game. I'm no "fanboy" or whatever, and I appreciate others opinions, but I just don't get it. With the amount of content and features in V (the game required us to install 8gb of data for Chists sake!), how can you be bored already?

-A generic FPS gamer

-A troll

-The type of gamer who needs to rush everything while not appreciating the finer details

I'm having an absolute blast with this game. Just the exploration of the gigantic map alone is a seller for me. Like the thread title states, every GTA just gets better and better in my honest opinion:

Vice City: Introduction of helicopters, a protag with actual personality, bright lights, great setting + soundtrack

San Andreas: Multiple cities, introduction of countryside + desert, an endless amount of features

GTA IV: Amazing upgrade on graphics, extremely fun physics (both driving + ragdoll), great storyline with a good length, great characters and voice work

GTA V: Absolutely massive map (I don't care what anyone says, it looks AND feels huge to me), introduction of multiple protags (the switching is great fun), hugely improved shooting mechanics, loads of new side activities, just a general mix of everything from previous titles

I'm not saying V is perfect (the campaign was a bit too short for me, and I still prefer the driving physics of IV), but it doesn't deserve anywhere near the level of hate it's getting from some people on this forum.

GTA SA > GTA VC = GTA V > GTA III = GTA IV

Rockstar lost focus in how to make a GTA game.

Now GTA SA = RDR

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Jimmy Darmody, 29 September 2013 - 06:47 PM.

I agree with all, and i'm going to come out of the closet and assume myself as a "whinner" for the sake of the discussion, as i think there is a really good thread here.

When i criticize GTA V that doesn't mean i don't like the game. Quite the opposite. I think i speak for preety much everyone when i say that it's impossible to not love a GTA game.  (unless you have a FPS taste or so and that's fine). 

As a "whinner" i think i speak for everyone when i say i love V, except maybe for the "fundamentalists" ones. 

The problem here does indeed have to do with expectations. And expectations are personal so ofc every person has their opinion on V, wether it's good or bad. 

I invite you to put yourself on my shoes. There was a lot of speculation presented as facts on the game about features. By actual reviewers and people who watched/played the game. Even R* itself gave us information about features that were not in the game. For example: http://media.gtanet....noculars-gi.jpg  - where exactly is this in the game? 

I could go with endless examples (zippo lighters, bears, drivable trains...). And a lot of the features there wasn't as good as expected either ( wouldn't you be expecting it to have at least as many clothing stores as san andreas?) People who payed attention on the reviews and based their expectation on what they read know what i mean. 

R* also specificly said in the past that they look into revolutionizing the game everytime they jump from each series. It was a huge revolution from II to III and a even bigger from III series to IV series. From IV to V it doesn't feel like that much of a gap (maybe it would if it has been released for PS4).

Ofcourse people can say "Just wait for the online", but as far as i can tell it can be as much of a let down for me as the actual game was, not to mention i was not looking to play it.

To finnish, there's a lot of people out there in both "sides" that can't respect an opinion. "if you don't like it you're a piece of sh*t winner motherf*cker" and "if you like it you're a piece of sh*t with little ambition f*cktard"...

It's a matter of understanding that people have different opinions. There's no right or wrong, just different. It's the basics of socializing. Every person has their own opinion and is free to share it. If the other side gives a sh*t or not is their choice as well and everybody gets happy.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

@Jimmy Darmody

I read all of your post, and you do raise some valid points. Like I said, I appreciate others opinions, but don't necessarily always understand them. I just simply can't comprehend how anybody can be bored with this game already. There's so much to do. I've put in around 90+ hours with this game, and I've probably only explored about 20% of the map. I still haven't visited Chilliad yet. I haven't even customised a single car! 

Regarding your point about V not being as revolutionary as previous titles, I think people are not understanding just how complex and composite the character switching system is. To pull off such a feature in a game of this scale, and on such ancient hardware. and to make it so fluid, is pretty revolutionary in my opinion.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

@Jimmy Darmody

I read all of your post, and you do raise some valid points. Like I said, I appreciate others opinions, but don't necessarily always understand them. I just simply can't comprehend how anybody can be bored with this game already. There's so much to do. I've put in around 90+ hours with this game, and I've probably only explored about 20% of the map. I still haven't visited Chilliad yet. I haven't even customised a single car! 

Regarding your point about V not being as revolutionary as previous titles, I think people are not understanding just how complex and composite the character switching system is. To pull off such a feature in a game of this scale, and on such ancient hardware. and to make it so fluid, is pretty revolutionary in my opinion.

What's to do? I've been at 90% and would of got 100% but no strangers and freaks spawn in. 

t-p-d-a
  • t-p-d-a

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

A Big LIKE

I played all GTA (III to IV) 100 %.

Since Vice City i played the final mission when i finished ALL side missions in the game. When you played the last mission, enjoy the credits and you have reached 100 % you got a awesome feeling.

I don't like the way you played the main story first and then the sidemission, activity with friends & the other stuff.

I started my main GTA IV save game file in 2008 and finished the game with the last mission in 2011 and BAAMMM 100 % :-D

I enjoyed every mission on GTA. and GTA V is absoluty Fun!!!! I'm on 14 % and i played the game since 16th Sept. I play about 2 mainmission in a week. I'm enjoying Tennis with Armanda.

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

agree with all but 1, id say GTA SA>GTA 4.

the graphics were obv a massive step forward, but the actual gameplay had a lot less. from things like player stats (stamina/muscle etc) and no planes.

Carnotaurus
  • Carnotaurus

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

-A generic FPS gamer

-A troll

You must have low expectation because Rockstar had never had an unfinished game until now.  

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Ya if you cant appreciate the detail and diversity in this game then you will never understand it. The other day i must have spent a couple hours just walking around the city talking too random peds to see what type of conversations would happen and how different peds react to it. I gota say i did not hear the same thing twice the whole time. that along with random shootings and police chases. Sitting in franklins house and hearing a gun fight down the street. This game has so much life like no other game in history.

The people on here complaining fail to see this because they are too focused on findong things that are wrong with it instead of just enjoying it and letting themselves get immersed in the world. They speed through the story and miss out on 80% of what this game has to offer. Then they come on here saying that they are bored or that it was too short instead of playing the story again and having a completly new experience with it.

I agree with eveything you say other than the driving physics. Once Online starts and you start racing people online you will see why the driving phyics are the way they are. We will now be able to actualy have races with traffic on.

Johan
  • Johan

Days since avatar changed: 6

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

I disagree, I think V took a little step backwards from IV in my opinion.

• Jimmy Darmody likes this

BrimStone7
  • BrimStone7

2Pacstolemybike

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

The epicness of the grand theft auto games ended after gta San Andreas to be honest

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Days since avatar changed: 6

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Now GTA SA = RDR

Please enlighten us on how they,the creators of Grand Theft Auto, should make a GTA.

OT: I agree. The game isn't perfect (since perfection can't be achieved because we are human and all that jazz), but it is definitely better than IV. Its natural progression. How anyone can be bored with it already is beyond me. I'm only 40% done and most of the time I've spent playing has been dicking about.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

The epicness of the grand theft auto games ended after gta San Andreas to be honest

Agreed.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

I have to admit you're right on this.

I rushed through the game twice and finally restarted again and I must've been on it for about a day and only done 5 missions so far.

I also noticed that bushes actually collapse and spring up when you drive over them, I was fascinated by it and spent about 5 minutes driving through them literally haha. Loving the finer details now I've found a few.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Now GTA SA = RDR

Please enlighten us on how they,the creators of Grand Theft Auto, should make a GTA.

OT: I agree. The game isn't perfect (since perfection can't be achieved because we are human and all that jazz), but it is definitely better than IV. Its natural progression. How anyone can be bored with it already is beyond me. I'm only 40% done and most of the time I've spent playing has been dicking about.

They should make it like the III era. About the gameplay and content. Not about Story and graphics which they did this gen. Also shouldn't make half finish games like V. 

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Seriously?
It's 20 times better than IV but the story is shorter than IV.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Agreed to everything you said.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:58 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 29 September 2013 - 07:59 PM.

You must have low expectation because Rockstar had never had an unfinished game until now.  

If V is unfinished for you I'm afraid to know what you think about IV...

-A generic FPS gamer

-A troll

Couldn't have said it better, I'm having a blast playing this game (much more than I had with IV and probably even more fun than I had with SA), the world is just huge and the tons of side activites makes it really easy to stay off the story missions for a while, shame people hate so much on this forum but to be honest I've been on other places (like reddit) and this is def the only one where I see so much complaining

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

In what way?  :sui:

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

it has way more features than SA the only problem I have is there are to many side missions and not enough main missions.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Bigger map (with more than just buildings)? 3 Protags? More side activites/side missions? Better Graphics?

ah man nevermind I'm not even gonna start an argument over this...

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Bigger map (with more than just buildings)? 3 Protags? More side activites/side missions? Better Graphics?

Ya its not worth it man. These guys have made up their minds that they will not enjoy V. I just feel bad for them. I cant get enough of this game and the best part is yet to come. Tuesday!!!!!

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Ya its not worth it man. These guys have made up their minds that they will not enjoy V. I just feel bad for them. I cant get enough of this game and the best part is yet to come. Tuesday!!!!!

so true, I feel sorry for people who are convinced this game is bad (without playing it) or people who are playing and can't enjoy it because of simple aspects that most people woudn't notice. They are really missing on a lot.

I'm having a blast playing this game, haven't had this excitement over a game for a long time!

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Agreed.

Why? What is it about San Andreas that makes it more enjoyable than V for you? I respect your opinion, but I'm genuinely interested.

cjkuhlenbeck
  • cjkuhlenbeck

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

I agree with the opinion expressed by OP entirely, However OP you should never start a thread where you attack the other side before they even have a chance to be mature about it. 

On that note, i'd like to point out that several of the people who express EXTREME distaste of the game have experienced a "fatal bug". (FYI, I don't mean all that dislike the game, just quite a few i've seen here)

Perfect example is redx165. It appears he was hit with a strangers and freaks mission load bug. Rather than report the bug, and wait for RS to fix it, or attempt to resolve the issue or work around it himself, he instantly jumps to extreme dislike and feels the need to express it hundreds of times a day on a gta fan forum.

This is mostly what you're seeing here, and I wouldn't be worried about Rockstar drawing conclusions from it. They're smart enough to make those connections.

Now to those who actually dislike this game, I really am sorry that you feel this way. If you don't like how they changed the cops, the driving, the aiming, etc, the bad news is, you are in the minority For every one of you there's at least 2 who disagree, and while it may hinder your game experience, it increases ours. Unfortunately this means that many of those opinions will be overlooked. I hope it doesn't keep you from enjoying this game, but things happen, and I hope your next game purchase works out better.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 29 September 2013 - 10:06 PM.

@cjkuhlenbeck

I'm sorry if my op came across as a bit harsh over those who attack the game. I guess the frustration of having to see so many pathetic reasons for hating the game, got the better of me.

I'm not aware of the case with "redx165", but you're right, kicking and screaming on a fan forum isn't going to get him very far. All it does is get under the skin of members such as myself, who can appreciate this masterpiece for what it evidently is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users