Photo

Random Explosions Every 10-15 Seconds

21 replies to this topic
Scimitars Of Drizzt
  • Scimitars Of Drizzt

Cranky Forum Members

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Is anybody else experiencing this? I loaded up my game today and went for a drive with a Sultan. As I'm driving, a car and a bike randomly explode on the other side of the road as I'm nearing them. I pretty much accepted it and moved on.

I went to Franklin's house and got into his Buffalo, on my way to Sandy Shores to find an ATV to rip around in. Nothing happens on my trip to Sandy Shores. Though once I get there, explosions start happening (similar to the sound of a vehicle explosion) all around me but I can't see them. I keep running around to try and discern the location, but it's random and sporadic. It seems to just be the sound effects although it's a very likely possibility that vehicles are in fact exploding in the distance. I made a video if anybody is interested.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

This happened to me, too, only once though. I was sitting in a car outside of the FIB building listening to the radio for a bit before starting a mission, and there was the sound of an explosion nearby, along with the camera shaking as if one had happened, and the cars around me sped off. I honestly thought at first it was some kind of random event, a bombing or terrorist attack of some kind! But there was nothing burning nearby, no dead bodies or burnt-out cars.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

how sporadic is it?

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

So far, I've experienced one random explosion. I loaded up a game, a cop patrolled past my house (first time I saw an actual cop patrolling) and he just blew up. I lolled.

0_0.jpg

Scimitars Of Drizzt
  • Scimitars Of Drizzt

Cranky Forum Members

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:47 PM Edited by DeathByDrizzt, 29 September 2013 - 05:48 PM.

More Info

Anyways, the explosions keep happening every 10-15 seconds.

Other weird things that happened:

- When I went to Franklin's house to grab the Buffalo, the vehicles in my garage were different than my last save point. I did have an ATV in the garage, but it was gone and instead, there was a dune buggy in there that had disappeared in that same garage on me a few days back.

- When I arrived at Sandy Shores (before the explosions kept happening) a cop randomly pulled out of the sheriff's office in front of me and turned on it's sirens and started cruising. I started following it, but it just went in the same roundabout route. It eventually stopped, and kept running in to a invisible wall, over and over again. Eventually, the cop took a different route to avoid the invisible wall. It ended up being a female cop, I blocked her path with a tractor to prevent her from taking the exact same route and I guess it was enough to earn me a star.

-People were randomly screaming and running away as the explosions were happening, although they were not visible from their location.

These are all things that happened today. Seems very glitchy

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Your game is all f*cked up lol

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by DeadZombie, 29 September 2013 - 05:51 PM.

It's part of the game. Aliens

Honestly your copy sounds a lot more fun then ours. Lucky!

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by OhHeyBro, 29 September 2013 - 05:50 PM.

LOL this is hilarious for some reason.

Share the vid please.

Scimitars Of Drizzt
  • Scimitars Of Drizzt

Cranky Forum Members

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

@ Jimmy

pretty damn sporadic. And yeah I know, only been today though and I've had it since midnight release.

@poklane

That is just amazing

tapz63
  • tapz63

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

I had the sound of a trucks horn one time just continuously blaring wherever I went. I switched characters and it was fine. You gotta expect some bugs in a game this big.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 29 September 2013 - 05:51 PM.

Same things happen to me. It's probably random to make the map more alive.

Scimitars Of Drizzt
  • Scimitars Of Drizzt

Cranky Forum Members

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

LOL this is hilarious for some reason.

Share the vid please.

I'll upload it to youtube, I'll post a link when it's done

Scimitars Of Drizzt
  • Scimitars Of Drizzt

Cranky Forum Members

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

It's part of the game. Aliens

Honestly your copy sounds a lot more fun then ours. Lucky!

Could be aliens.

I had the sound of a trucks horn one time just continuously blaring wherever I went. I switched characters and it was fine. You gotta expect some bugs in a game this big.

Yeah I'm not really complaining I just think it's funny. I have the game paused still, so I can eventually see how long it continues to go on for

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

HEADSHOT GOD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by the7ftmidget, 29 September 2013 - 05:58 PM.

the sandy shores incident is trevor throwing grenades in his lawn while sipping a beer. but idk any explenations for the explosions happening elsewhere.

but look neer trevor;s trailer and you will see him droppin nades while drinking.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:57 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 29 September 2013 - 05:58 PM.

yea the game has random glitches. check this vid for some funny ones. 3:07 is just sad though

Scimitars Of Drizzt
  • Scimitars Of Drizzt

Cranky Forum Members

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

the sandy shores incident is trevor throwing grenades in his lawn while sipping a beer. but idk any explenations for the explosions happening elsewhere.

but look neer trevor;s trailer and you will see him droppin nades while drinking.

I unpaused the game and one more explosion went off before I could look into it.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

HEADSHOT GOD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

I unpaused the game and one more explosion went off before I could look into it.

yeah, like i said bro, look in the lawn by trevor's trailer, near his garage. he will be there cooking grenades and tossing them while drinkin, good ol redneck fun i suppose.

Scimitars Of Drizzt
  • Scimitars Of Drizzt

Cranky Forum Members

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

@ the7ftmidget

Yeah I just read online that it's happened to other people and that it's Trevor. Funny sh*t. Too bad when I unpaused he stopped before I could see him

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

HEADSHOT GOD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

yeah, a lot of random sh*t to find in the game...  im still in shock about the ghost in the mountain. i found it and was tripping out thinking i found something new and strange, but it had been found by others as well.. this game still manages to surprise me 

forophiend
  • forophiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:07 PM Edited by forophiend, 18 October 2013 - 01:09 PM.

rohra
  • rohra

ROHRA

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Is anybody else experiencing this? I loaded up my game today and went for a drive with a Sultan. As I'm driving, a car and a bike randomly explode on the other side of the road as I'm nearing them. I pretty much accepted it and moved on.

I went to Franklin's house and got into his Buffalo, on my way to Sandy Shores to find an ATV to rip around in. Nothing happens on my trip to Sandy Shores. Though once I get there, explosions start happening (similar to the sound of a vehicle explosion) all around me but I can't see them. I keep running around to try and discern the location, but it's random and sporadic. It seems to just be the sound effects although it's a very likely possibility that vehicles are in fact exploding in the distance. I made a video if anybody is interested.

Is he referring to the Gun shot sounds that cletus keeps firing before you do the 2nd hunting mission ?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

So far, I've experienced one random explosion. I loaded up a game, a cop patrolled past my house (first time I saw an actual cop patrolling) and he just blew up. I lolled.

I guess that's why you don't see many cops patrolling, they spontaneously combust when they aren't chasing someone. Like a shark that dies when it stops moving (although that's a common misconception).

OP, have you downloaded any patches?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users