» «
Photo

Why I love the invincibility code

88 replies to this topic
Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by Zinthaniel, 29 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

For someone with both a RDR avatar and Sig, you don't seem to know much about that game's cheats.

All of your posts are basically sum up to saying "Shutup and be thankful for what you got". 

You seem to be the one confused about how this cheat divides the community.  Let's illustrate this quickly:

Cheat as it currently is:  Many people annoyed and unhappy about having to re-enter it constantly

Cheat if it was a simple "enter once to turn on, again to turn off": Nobody would have ANY reason to be upset.  People who want to be invul are happy, people who want to use it temporarily are happy.

I don't know why you insist that Rockstar dislikes invul cheats or that this somehow represents one of thier "core values" (rather silly if you ask me).  If that's true then why include it at all?  Are you saying that they included it, but nerfed it's fun factor and functonality out of spite? 

I do not consider myself entitled at all, I just want to know why they chose to do what they did when functionally all it serves to do is worsen the intended experiance of being invulnerable.  

No you are confused.  

You don't understand that RDR was created by an entirely different team that has no relation to GTA series other than fact that they are both under Rockstar. 

So RDR cheats represented what the developers for the title wanted in their game, Rockstar N, the creators of all GTA titles, had no say on what happened and what cheats are involved in San Diego's games and vice versa. 

So understand that distinction. 

Now let's address you over blown proportions of who is upset. "Many people" If you are referring to the few people commening on this forum then you are mistaken. The forum represents a very small fraction on the gobal gta gamer base. So "Many" "Majority" and "Everybody is upset" are phrases that are being thrown around to looslely

And now we are back to your entitlement - "The way I want it to be done is the way they should have done it, Grr I'm so mad, f*ck them" 

That's called entitlement. When it comes to creating something as the creator there is a balance you must strike between pleasing your consumers and staying inline with your own values. Rockstar North clearly is not so savvy on the ability to play their games invincible  If you have noticed they have never included an all out complete invincibility cheat. They either don't include it at all or they limit it.

However for the first time they have created an invincibility cheat that protects from all damage, granted you will have to re enter it after 5 minutes. 

So the answer to your question of - Well why not just make it permanent is, and this my assumption based off of their collection of work, they do not want that kind of invincibility cheat in their game. So they don't include in that way. 

Sylenall
  • Sylenall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

For someone with both a RDR avatar and Sig, you don't seem to know much about that game's cheats.

All of your posts are basically sum up to saying "Shutup and be thankful for what you got". 

You seem to be the one confused about how this cheat divides the community.  Let's illustrate this quickly:

Cheat as it currently is:  Many people annoyed and unhappy about having to re-enter it constantly

Cheat if it was a simple "enter once to turn on, again to turn off": Nobody would have ANY reason to be upset.  People who want to be invul are happy, people who want to use it temporarily are happy.

I don't know why you insist that Rockstar dislikes invul cheats or that this somehow represents one of thier "core values" (rather silly if you ask me).  If that's true then why include it at all?  Are you saying that they included it, but nerfed it's fun factor and functonality out of spite? 

I do not consider myself entitled at all, I just want to know why they chose to do what they did when functionally all it serves to do is worsen the intended experiance of being invulnerable.  

No you are confused.  

You don't understand that RDR was created by an entirely different team that has no relation to GTA series other than fact that they are both under Rockstar. 

So RDR cheats represented what the developers for the title wanted in their game, Rockstar N, the creators of all GTA titles, had no say on what happened and what cheats are involved in San Diego's games and vice versa. 

So under that distinction. 

No let's address you over blown proportions of who is upset. "Many people" If you are referring to the few people commening on this forum then you are mistaken. The forum represents a very small fraction on the gobal gta gamer base. So "Many" "Majority" and "Everybody is upset" are phrases that are being thrown around to looslely

And now we are back to your entitlement - "The way I want it to be done is the way they should have done it, Grr I'm so mad, f*ck them" 

That's called entitlement. When comes to creating something as the creator there is a balance you must strike between pleasing you consumers and staying inline with your own values. Rockstar North clearly is not so savvy on the ability to play their games invincible  If you have noticed they have never included an all out complete invincibility cheat. They either don't include it at all or they limit it.

However for the first time they have created an invincibility cheat that protects from all damage, granted you will have to re enter it after 5 minutes. 

So again you question of - Well why not just make it permanent is, and this my assumption based off of their collection of work, they do not want that kind of invincibility cheat in their game. So they don't include in that way. 

Getting real sick of you playing the "entitled" card everytime you confront a opinion different than yours.  I do not appreciate your attempts to straw-man me either "The way I want it to be done is the way they should have done it, Grr I'm so mad, f*ck them".  I have never said this, nor implied it.  I have said that I am unhappy with the caveat that Rockstar has thrown in with the cheat and would like to understand their reasoning for it being there at all, as currently I can find no sensible reason. 

I argue that "many" people are upset, because inheriantly those people are the ones who wanted to use an invul cheat in the first place.  People who WANTED to use an invulnerability cheat were NOT looking forward to re-entering it every 5 minutes.  You can bash me for not having statistics on that or whatever, but I find it hard to think otherwise(please make a poll, if you disagree).  So yes.  I contend that the majority of the people who were excited for this code would not be happier to get what they are looking for + uneccesary complications.

Which is why a simple enter once, enter twice on/off system would objectivly be the better choice when it comes to pleasing everyone.  There's nothing Naive about it, all bases and camps of opinion would be covered.

I can tell you are too much of an apologist to have a contructive argument with, you presume to know R*'s opinion, and seek to tell everyone else to shut-up and be humbled that we have the chance to enjoy the flawed gift they have bestowed upoun us.  If R*'s reasoning is as you say then this was indeed done as a back-handed compliment (we don't like this cheat so we'll give it to them, but make it annoying on purpose), and nothing about that makes me feel greatfull rather than insulted.  That is not the sort of maturity I would expect of them.  

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I had the Noose chase me all the way up chilliad mountain and I must've destroyed thirty of their squadrons they repel down ropes to get closer to you I like to shoot them down as they're sliding down the ropes.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Getting real sick of you playing the "entitled" card everytime you confront a opinion different than yours.  I do not appreciate your attempts to straw-man me either "The way I want it to be done is the way they should have done it, Grr I'm so mad, f*ck them".  I have never said this, nor implied it.  I have said that I am unhappy with the caveat that Rockstar has thrown in with the cheat and would like to understand their reasoning for it being there at all, as currently I can find no sensible reason. 

Well I'm just calling a spade a spade. And that's how you are coming off. Nothing I have said thus far has been in any way shape or form a straw man. That is you attempting to deflect legitimate points through weak ad hominems. 

I've given you a reason for why they did not include in the way you think they should have. So let's do this again. Rockstar North, which has no relations to RDR so comparing the two is pointless and irrelevant, has never included an all out invincibility cheat in any of their games. They either do not include it or they limit it. They always do this. Why? Because from their perspective they most likely do not want their players playing their game in that way.  They my find that a full invincibility cheat is in conflict with how the want their game to be played even with cheats activated. 

I argue that "many" people are upset, because inheriantly those people are the ones who wanted to use an invul cheat in the first place.  People who WANTED to use an invulnerability cheat were NOT looking forward to re-entering it every 5 minutes.  You can bash me for not having statistics on that or whatever, but I find it hard to think otherwise(please make a poll, if you disagree).  So yes.  I contend that the majority of the people who were excited for this code would not be happier to get what they are looking for + uneccesary complications.

You can guess, assume, and think all you want. If you don't have the numbers then you are simply pulling facts out of your ass, which in actuality are not facts. I was expecting an invincibility cheat too, but I was aware that Rockstar N never includes a full on invincibility cheat, so I was ready for limitations, and they proved me right. From what I can see as well many other people understood that and are ok with that, so your assumption that majority of gta fans are upset, is just that an assumption.  If you have not gathered that they have never included a full invincibility cheat then that is your issue not theirs. 

Which is why a simple enter once, enter twice on/off system would objectivly be the better choice when it comes to pleasing everyone.  There's nothing Naive about it, all bases and camps of opinion would be covered.

It's not about what you wanted though. It's about what and how they as the games creator wanted their game to be played as with cheats or without. So they didn't want you as the player to have unlimited invincibility. They clearly don't agree with that playing style.

I can tell you are too much of an apologist to have a contructive argument with, you presume to know R*'s opinion, and seek to tell everyone else to shut-up and be humbled that we have the chance to enjoy the flawed gift they have bestowed upoun us.  If R*'s reasoning is as you say then this was indeed done as a back-handed compliment (we don't like this cheat so we'll give it to them, but make it annoying on purpose), and nothing about that makes me feel greatfull rather than insulted.  That is not the sort of maturity I would expect of them.  

I'm not apologist at all. I'm realist. And I'm someone who can see things from both sides. I understand that you want the cheat to work the way you see fit, but it doesn't always boil down to giving in to everyone's demand. There has to be a line drawn.  I don't presume anything. I stated what I believed their reasoning was based off of legitimate evidence. You on the other hand refuse to see that Rockstar has never included a full invincibility cheat and thus refuse to draw the connection that Rockstar North simply will not and does not want a full , permanent, invincibility cheat in their game.  

Backhanded? To who? To You? Ok well that's your opinion. It's not a fact. it's not the "truth" because you said it is. It sounds more like you are upset and thus want to berate them for not doing something they you think was right. 

Sylenall
  • Sylenall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by Sylenall, 29 September 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Ignoring your presumptions about Rockstar's mindset and history, answer this so that I can simply wipe my hand clean of this argument.

Do you think that a invulnerability cheat is better or worse when you have to re-enter it every 5 minutes?  Try to answer it in a vaccumn if at all possible, completely disregarding this instance and GTA in general.

I contend that it is worse because, simply put: it is annoying and tedious to have to continually re-enter it over and over.

If you think it is better, then please give me any objective reason why. Accounting for the fact that a on/off system could easily address any complaints about using such a cheat in a temporary fashion.

Most people do not put a company first when it comes to forming opinions based on measuring results with their own expectations.

Feel free to continue justifying this particular instance on account of R*'s deep belief that having a proper invul code is wrong (or whatever the truth may be), I'm just curious to know what you think of this kind of flawed implementation on a personal level, and why, R*'s mindset and past should convince people to disregard thier own feelings on the matter.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by Zinthaniel, 29 September 2013 - 10:48 PM.

Ignoring your presumptions about Rockstar's mindset and history, answer this so that I can simply wipe my hand clean of this argument.

Do you think that a invulnerability cheat is better or worse when you have to re-enter it every 5 minutes?  Try to answer it in a vaccumn if at all possible, completely disregarding this instance and GTA in general.

I contend that it is worse because, simply put: it is annoying and tedious to have to continually re-enter it over and over.

If you think it is better, then please give me any objective reason why. Accounting for the fact that a on/off system could easily address any complaints about using such a cheat in a temporary fashion.

Most people do not put a company first when it comes to forming opinions based on measuring results with their own expectations.

Feel free to continue justifying this particular instance on account of R*'s deep belief that having a proper invul code is wrong (or whatever the truth may be), I'm just curious to know what you think of this kind of flawed implementation on a personal level, and why, R*'s mindset and past should convince people to disregard thier own feelings on the matter.

No obviously it would be very convenient for it to last permanently. And this me answering your question in a very black and white since. 

I do at the same time understand why they believe it's better to limit the cheat,  because it gives players more of an incentive to play the game the way it was intended. Rockstar spent 5 years trying to get this bad boy out. They went all out for us fans. The cheat would make every thing they did be all for not, because many players would activate it and never turn it off.  So put yourself in their shoes. You just spent 5 years of your life putting your all into a project. As a perk you add this cheat for fun, under the assumption that the players will not cheat their way through the game, I don't know why anyone would be this naive, but this is a hypothetical. 

Now you answer honestly would you be ok seeing you work be all for not as gamers, many of them, zip through your game without putting in the effort that you wanted them to? How would you feel? i mean rockstar isn't a machine it's a collection of artist and programmers and people who put  there heart in this. So I can understand why they don't want the cheat but they are willing to compromise for you and the fans. Can you understand that or not? 

sammm
  • sammm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by sammm, 29 September 2013 - 11:15 PM.

No obviously it would be very convenient for it to last permanently. And this me answering your question in a very black and white since. 

I do at the same time understand why they believe it's better to limit the cheat,  because it gives players more of an incentive to play the game the way it was intended. Rockstar spent 5 years trying to get this bad boy out. They went all out for us fans. The cheat would make every thing they did be all for not, because many players would activate it and never turn it off.  So put yourself in their shoes. You just spent 5 years of your life putting your all into a project. As a perk you add this cheat for fun, under the assumption that the players will not cheat their way through the game, I don't know why anyone would be this naive, but this is a hypothetical. 

Now you answer honestly would you be ok seeing you work be all for not as gamers, many of them, zip through your game without putting in the effort that you wanted them to? How would you feel? i mean rockstar isn't a machine it's a collection of artist and programmers and people who put  there heart in this. So I can understand why they don't want the cheat but they are willing to compromise for you and the fans. Can you understand that or not? 

I haven't tried the cheats out yet in my game but I was under the assumption that you couldn't enable the invulnerability while playing a mission so doesn't that pretty much invalidate your arguement that people will just rush through the game? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

• shansha likes this

shoelaces!
  • shoelaces!

Cultural Critic, Feminist, Tea, Video Games.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Even using cheats shows an enormous sense of entitlement.

Do you think you really deserve to explore Rockstars Massive breathtaking immersive and beautiful world with impunity from the game mechanics? It's like saying "I'm not happy with the great simulation they provided, let me break it with stupid sh*t like flaming bullets and god mode"

If you want stupid immature kiddy crap, go play sh*t's Row IV.

so many entitled whiners in this thread.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Do you think you really deserve to explore Rockstars Massive breathtaking immersive and beautiful world with impunity from the game mechanics? It's like saying "I'm not happy with the great simulation they provided, let me break it with stupid sh*t like flaming bullets and god mode"

Oh f*ck off with that pretentious bullsh*t.

shoelaces!
  • shoelaces!

Cultural Critic, Feminist, Tea, Video Games.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

Oh f*ck off with that pretentious bullsh*t.

It's pretentious to be grateful for what a company gives us and not expect more than we deserve.

kay.

Ozzy_Osbourne
  • Ozzy_Osbourne

Puttin' on the Ritz

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

I don't have to rely on it to have fun and enjoy the game.

Good for you, do you want a cookie?

Sure, seeing as how I'm playing my game and not bitching about some stupid cheat code :)

Mr. Schneobelen
  • Mr. Schneobelen

That's harassment

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:21 AM Edited by Mr. Schneobelen, 30 September 2013 - 02:23 AM.

Still better than nothing.

Did you happen to know that you can input cheats in the pause menu too?

Simple, once the time limit is up, just pause the game and input the cheat again.

Have fun.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

R* fanboy 

u know they were doing wrong while decieding to do a limit time 4 this cheat stop with the lies ....................................

One isn't allowed to be a R* fanboy on a GTA Forum?

Rockteur
  • Rockteur

The BIG one!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

OP is an epic fanboy. 

Liz.Fizz
  • Liz.Fizz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

So being a fan of R* on a gta forum..which is a game by R* is bad? 

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I played with invincibility activated an entire hour and having to repeat cheat every five minutes doesn't upset me anymore it actually keeps me from thinking I'm a god in man's shoes. Going on rampages is so much fun and the cops are very smart and collaborative I even seen where one cop dragged his partner away from gunfire it was so melodramatic when He gazed into his friends eyes with that Don't you die on me facial expression just as I shotgun blasting them both into the afterlife.

• Liz.Fizz likes this

Liz.Fizz
  • Liz.Fizz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

You now know the point of the 5min time limit congrats lol.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

You now know the point of the 5min time limit congrats lol.

R* thought we would choke on our own vomit but we prevailed!

five minutes sheesh why not make it one minute HA!

Crav3
  • Crav3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

I like that you dont die from falling like in san andreas I woukd die if I fell from high sometimes.

jessos1
  • jessos1

CEO - Legue of Shadows.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

I hate how it lasts for 5 minutes these is no good reason for it why should our fun be put to a stop? In video games you should be able to do whatever you want not be limited by some stupid limit or repetitive tedious code entering.

We are are true fans!!!!. The rest of these fake fan boys thanking rockstar for *5 minutes* can go f THEMSELVES.

If Rockstar called GTA V "Invincibility cheat with bonus GTA game" then you would have to right to complain, how lazy are you if it is such a problem to press 10 buttons in a row? In GTA IV to stay alive you had to open your phone select the Health Cheat and all while avoiding being shot and making the phone disappear! Is it so bad that all that happens if you get to exhausted while typing the Invincibility Cheat you end up in a hospital down the road with a little bit of money gone?

You cannot call yourselves "true fans" if your hung up on something as minor as pressing a few buttons, I have a feeling that yous had never played any other games from the series other than GTA IV.

Here is my solution ask Mummy if she still has the receipt for the game then go get her to exchange it for a Nintendo Wii. 

RAZD
  • RAZD

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

No but to admired every step they were doing with game with all the bad things they did with it POPIN in the digital edition is just awfull but i guess u would like it too 

R* fanboy

jessos1
  • jessos1

CEO - Legue of Shadows.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

This is all I could think of with these petty contradictive arguments about how much you hate GTA but are a "true fan".

The_life_of_a_GTA_game.jpg

• Liz.Fizz likes this

RAZD
  • RAZD

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

This is all I could think of with these petty contradictive arguments about how much you hate GTA but are a "true fan".

Agreed !!!!!!! finally one real man at this f*cking forum

Liz.Fizz
  • Liz.Fizz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by Liz.Fizz, 30 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

No but to admired every step they were doing with game with all the bad things they did with it POPIN in the digital edition is just awfull but i guess u would like it too 

R* fanboy

A cheat code is not really enough for me to damn the entire company lol.. and I never get the digital edition of games since they tend not to work right  which is not an issue R* is alone in.  A company has to do more then put a 5min limit on an invincibility cheat for me to be like forget this company they suck! since putting the cheat in is not difficult and is an improvement upon the last title gtaVI

And just spouting off insults..or your attempt of using "R* fanboy" as an insult is not an effective way to prove your point it just makes you look like a troll.

Is it really that hard for you to have a civil discussion on a point of view?

Ozzy_Osbourne
  • Ozzy_Osbourne

Puttin' on the Ritz

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by Ozzy_Osbourne, 30 September 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Lol I love how just because inputting a cheat code or what ever restrictions it has doesn't bother some of us, we are automatically either fanboys or not "true" fans. Such a compelling argument. Is it really so difficult to understand that some of us just don't give a sh*t and are fully capable of enjoying the game regardless? Especially since this is only the second game in the franchise to even have to stupid code? I've been playing the games since III and I've had plenty of fun rampages without some invincibility code, and that includes V up until 2 days ago. Bottom line is, quit crying about. If you don't want to be called "spoiled little kids" and whatnot, then it may help if you stopped throwing a temper tantrum over something insignificant like a little cheat code in a video game. It's not the end of the world, good god.

Amount of f*cks given:0
  • Liz.Fizz likes this

Zaltastic
  • Zaltastic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Lol I love how just because inputting a cheat code or what ever restrictions it has doesn't bother some of us, we are automatically either fanboys or not "true" fans. Such a compelling argument. Is it really so difficult to understand that some of us just don't give a sh*t and are fully capable of enjoying the game regardless? Especially since this is only the second game in the franchise to even have to stupid code? I've been playing the games since III and I've had plenty of fun rampages without some invincibility code, and that includes V up until 2 days ago. Bottom line is, quit crying about. If you don't want to be called "spoiled little kids" and whatnot, then it may help if you stopped throwing a temper tantrum over something insignificant like a little cheat code in a video game. It's not the end of the world, good god.

Amount of f*cks given:0

Couldn't agree more.... i don't even understand why there are so many damn people upset.. I thought people cared more for gameplay and graphics and not the nitpicking of flawless features just because it wasn't up to everyones expecttions.....

Why hasn't there been 100 threads on why the trees look absolutely horrific and the shadows on the roads from cars look staticky ... Or why a week in people are already figuring out elevator glitches/Wall Hacks .. I need someone to tell me... Honestly I have been here for a week and havent seen one arguement brough up in these little kids' defence to why they need to act the way they are insetad of moving on with life and more important things

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Not to mention having it forever isn't neccesary, most people use it to jump of buildings and down mountains or get hit by vehicles which takes about 5 seconds max, then it's used for police fights where you don't need invincibility unless you don't know how to use cover

Liz.Fizz
  • Liz.Fizz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Not to mention having it forever isn't neccesary, most people use it to jump of buildings and down mountains or get hit by vehicles which takes about 5 seconds max, then it's used for police fights where you don't need invincibility unless you don't know how to use cover

They want to run face first into cops and there guns lol.

Couldn't agree more.... i don't even understand why there are so many damn people upset.. I thought people cared more for gameplay and graphics and not the nitpicking of flawless features just because it wasn't up to everyones expecttions.....

Why hasn't there been 100 threads on why the trees look absolutely horrific and the shadows on the roads from cars look staticky ... Or why a week in people are already figuring out elevator glitches/Wall Hacks .. I need someone to tell me... Honestly I have been here for a week and havent seen one arguement brough up in these little kids' defence to why they need to act the way they are insetad of moving on with life and more important things

There main there defense has been the fanboy thing and that they think if they make enough noise R* will change the code to not have the time limit. 

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

HAHA boogie woogie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users