External Scripts & Objects (GTA SA)

11 replies to this topic
daniHCF96
  • daniHCF96

Sanit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Well the problem is that i'm making a sort of "game template" for a conversion mode in GTA SA. I want to make a Tenpenny Stories or sort of it and therefore i have to remove lots of missions (and maybe objects or scripts) that are useless and waste space. I still don't have the knowledge or creating complex missions but i would like to "clean" a little bit the copy of Main.scm, and after practising on that template start seriously on it.

Any help would be great, maybe describing the external scripts or objects... :D  Thanks!

daniHCF96
  • daniHCF96

Sanit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

By the way, i've found the external scripts use here, if anyone's interested...

http://www.gtamoddin...img&redirect=no

I'm only searching for the 389 objects loaded in Main.scm, if someone knows anything it would be great help!

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

It is very hard to remove content from originally main.scm because everything is allocated together in any way.

I already started years ago with a stripped main and added then the external scripts

check it out: Stripped main with Externscripts

The object table is still the same as in the origially main

You have to remove yourself the unused objects like these of the area51

I think 60% are used in externscripts and 10% are useful for basic gamplay

Furhtermore is it no problem to keep all objects in the table(unless you make a main for a map TC where several objects not exist)

You can call objects models by the ID number, then you don't need to list them in the object table

// 2927, a51_blastdoorR, a51_imy, 100, 0
029B: 0@ = init_object 2927 at 215.941 1874.571 13.903

daniHCF96
  • daniHCF96

Sanit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

wow thats exactly what I needed, great stuff! Eventhough i still want to reduce a little bit the stripped archive and i need some advice...

Ifi delete this lines Horsehoes, Oysters, Photos and graffitis will be definitely deleted or i have to do anything more?

0959: 882@ = create_horseshoe_at 1224.0 2617.0 11.0

0958: 932@ = create_photo_at -2511.28 -672.99 195.75

095A: 982@ = create_oyster_at 979.0 -2210.0 -3.0

What does this features do?

"Most skills are pushed up"

"Game bonies are available"

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

they are useless in the stripped main, there you can delete them

these are special pickups and it can be checked if they're picked up, by using stat opcodes:

0652: $COLLECTED_OYSTERS = integer_stat 243

0652: $COLLECTED_HORSHOES = integer_stat 241

0652: $STAT_TAKEN_PHOTOS = integer_stat 231

the originally main contains a thread, name_thread 'COLLS' to check if they're picked up and to gives the boni

the tags are placed by ipl and there is an extra opcode to check:

08E1: $STAT_TAGS_SPRAYED = total_tags_sprayed

daniHCF96
  • daniHCF96

Sanit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Ok, i've cheked all that, but there's a last thing.

I'm not able to compile my eddition on your stripped text because of the variable range. In the main thread you've putted local variables up to 250@ and even 730@ in order to create pickups and marking assets on the radar. An error text shows off about only letting until 33@ local variable, which I already knew about. In your stripped text, without editing anything, no problems occur when compiling eventhough you still have such local variables. Why may this happen?

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

i think you're wrong, i placed such locals in the mission 0 or 1 but not in the main thread

maybe you changed something wrong

daniHCF96
  • daniHCF96

Sanit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by daniHCF96, 08 October 2013 - 07:28 PM.

yes sorry, I cheked it out again and all that locals are in Mission 0, but Sanny Builder still shows me the error message as if they were in the main thread....

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

you made something wrong, you should start again from new

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

A Tenpenny Stories has already been made. I don't like it when mods try to meddle or interpret original GTA game stories without a lot of research into the GTA timeline as I did for Vigilante Justice and I think the story is still separate enough that it doesn't just feel like a less impressive GTA story (can't beat the creators at their own game - well, metaphorically anyway) and only uses elements of the San Andreas story to make it feel more immersive in the game itself. Tenpenny Stories was pretty creative though, as it used actual Samuel L film samples when Tenpenny talked.

Anyway, you PM'd me about this so good luck with the project.

daniHCF96
  • daniHCF96

Sanit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by daniHCF96, 10 October 2013 - 04:29 PM.

I made lots of research, not only on San Andreas, but on the real CRASH; the Rampart Scandal, checked out Samuel L Jackson's voices in films, Chris Penn, San Andreas mission scripts for useful pieces, as Vice City's for extra characters... I've already seen the Tenpenny Stories and it's a DYOM Mission pack, it's good but there are really nonsense missions. I'm working on a storyline too, based on the Green Sabre issue, relationship with LS gangs and all that stuff... it's not a research problem, it's more coding what anoys me xD but I just started a month ago so i guess it's normal.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Just something to look out for. And coding skills are really important, since you have to keep an entire collection of scripts all stable in one when modding the SCM, rather than just a short script like CLEO. You've gotta plan the script layout as much as you have to plan the story :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users