Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,785 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (799 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (189 votes [23.65%])

Percentage of vote: 23.65%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (98 votes [12.27%])

Percentage of vote: 12.27%

3. No, it could be improved. (512 votes [64.08%])

Percentage of vote: 64.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Schumy7
  • Schumy7

The Black Pearl Organization

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

Well the police scanner is made by a moron. Give me break!
  • SilverRST likes this

Officer Garza
  • Officer Garza

Rick Sanchez

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

Well the police scanner is made by a moron. Give me break!

What about the dispatcher, I like her!!!

Schumy7
  • Schumy7

The Black Pearl Organization

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

In her ass. Yup

FlippyTheDolphin
  • FlippyTheDolphin

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:09 AM

Yeah I agree one time i was in the middle of the desert there was only one person there and i decide to kill him with a silent combat pistol and then a random cops shows out of nowhere and starts chasing me because apparently all the cops have wall seeing vision or some sort of wall hacks to see you out of nowhere,.

QuoteU
  • QuoteU

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

Officer Garza
  • Officer Garza

Rick Sanchez

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:58 PM

Yeah I agree one time i was in the middle of the desert there was only one person there and i decide to kill him with a silent combat pistol and then a random cops shows out of nowhere and starts chasing me because apparently all the cops have wall seeing vision or some sort of wall hacks to see you out of nowhere,.

They have CtOs! Oh, I thought this was Chicago.

ThaJackelin920
  • ThaJackelin920

thinking the unthinkable

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:33 AM

I wish rockstar would just patch these issues already but they couldve done that long time ago

MAD MANX XIII
  • MAD MANX XIII

Gun 4 Hire

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:22 PM

For f*ck sake this is the main problem I am beginning to have with the game and tbh its only (I wouldnt say game breaking) insanely irritating flaw, I shoot a hiker WITH A SILENCED f*ckING WEAPON ontop of Mount Chilliad (where the trail is) and BOOM f*cking wanted and cops start driving up the mountain? Wtf is this BS? I kill people in the desert and BOOM wanted? f*ck that it is beginning to annoy the sh*t out of me and imo ruined GTA IV and I was hoping they would fix it with this one but nope. Also its annoying how the cops just spawn infront of you when your wanted,,,, 

Walk within two foot of a cop... BANG you're dead. Maybe on 1 star they could case you with nightsticks. Maybe they could add an arrest physic like on story mode onto online

• UVtears likes this

KL3B3D0SK3Y
  • KL3B3D0SK3Y

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:12 AM

I hate it when I am driving, a cop hits me and it gives me a wanted level...

That gets me mad.

• MikeMyth and Bleached like this

Bleached
  • Bleached

I laughed and shook his hand and made my way back home.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:21 AM Edited by Bleached, 12 April 2016 - 08:22 AM.

I hate it when I am driving, a cop hits me and it gives me a wanted level...

This only happens to me in Grand Theft Auto Online because so much people are having wanted levels, however, I don't struggle so much with the police in Grand Theft Auto V. It's only the frustrating moments when you accidently attack someone and you already have the police breathing in your neck, so it's between too hard and just right. There are some place for changes though.

Truejsefan666
  • Truejsefan666

Bully Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

My problem with the GTA V cops, they ram you if you're in a car. I must say, I like the GTA IV cops better, since they actually try to force you to pull over by pushing the side of your car, and in IV they actually go to your car door and arrest you. In 5 the cops at 2 stars and up go, "HE'S IN A CAR! KILL HIM!!!" And when trying to pull you over, "RAM HIM! THERE'S NO OTHER WAY TO GET HIM TO PULL OVER!!!"

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:07 PM Edited by SilverRST, 19 May 2016 - 10:08 PM.

Lol, funny topic and I laughed my dick off rading those posts XD

Yeah, i totally can relate to this bullsh*t wanted system. I once was in the deserts and there was only one NPC out there

and I killed him a hammer. So no loud gun shot. However, f*cking cops were coming and I was looking around who snitched me.

And guess what who snitched me?? A f*cking rabbit!! Seriously, R*! WTF! Rest assured, I killed that rabbit.

The most retarded wanted system ever.

• PhillBellic likes this

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

Can't have a good shootout between CGF and the cops. Shoot the cop and straight away it's a three star. CGF flee due to it being a 3 star. This wasn't the case in SA.

UVtears
  • UVtears

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

I see people complain a lot about losing money constantly from PK's in Online mode, but seriously, I think I've died more times (and been arrested, but rarely am I not shot to death) and lost thousands thanks to the LSPD in Story Mode, and that ticks me off more.

I get that they're apart of the game's satire of modern American life, and they are definitely hitting the mark with police brutality but... does it need to be as harsh in the game? I mean to the point where I don't even feel like stealing cars because I'm so sick of running from cops every time I steal a car in the middle of nowhere? And take a taxi because my car won't spawn outside hospitals/precincts? (That should be a thing, too, IMO)

It needs to be toned down in certain situations, i.e. trespassing, theft, harassing an officer (talked to a female cop three times, all three times she kept saying "f*ck you!" but I did not expect it would end in eating lead)... Like, before they go apesh*t, fire some warning shots, maybe? Let you turn yourself in...

YetAnotherGTAFan
  • YetAnotherGTAFan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

I'd love no police sessions (with the ability to rob stores or anything we can take advantage of to make money without cops taken out) for those who want to completely kill each other. Also, dead peds won't drop money (which in Online averages $30-54)

Truejsefan666
  • Truejsefan666

Bully Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

Seriously, why do you get a wanted level when you kill a hiker on mt. chiliad and then after like 15 secs 3 cop cars are AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN.

You need at least more than 1-2 minutes to get to the top with a car

Look at it this way: If Mt Chiliad existed in real life and you killed a hiker with a silenced weapon and no one else was around, it could take weeks before the body was found, depending on when he was reported missing and how elusive his body's location was. Then there needs to be a full police investigation with coroners, detectives, forensics etc. Which involves the cornering off of a large portion of Mt Chiliad and treating everyone hiking/riding to the top as suspicious persons. Detectives may or may not find a casing for the bullet which would identify where you stood when you fired the shot, enabling detectives to get a better look into how you took the shot (firing from the bushes, from a distance, if you were chasing the victim etc.), as well as what type of firearm was used in the killing. They would then reach out to the public to see if anyone could identify any suspicious persons that were heading to the top of Mt Chiliad or where at the top on the day the coroner finds to be the date of the victim's death. If someone saw you head up Mt Chiliad without any actual hiking gear on, they could view that as suspicious and phone the cops after hearing their appeal for witnesses to describe you to them. Then there would be an investigation into the car you drove up, the clothes you wear wearing, your build, hairstyle, facial hair etc. And more often than not, you would eventually be tracked down. The police would then have to come up with a strategy to corner you at your most vulnerable in order to bring you in for questioning. They would execute this strategy, and you will either die in a shootout weeks, possibly months after you killed this random hiker, or be arrested. You would then have to either admit you're the killer, come up with an alibi or convince the detectives some other way you were not the killer, and if they found a firearm in your house matching the bullet type and casing and/or have CCTV footage of you heading to Mt Chiliad at the time of the murder, you won't have much chance at evading the law. Judging on the circumstantial evidence they have gathered, they may or may not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were the Chiliad assassin and you may or may not go to jail for murder. 
Keep in mind you're also trying to plan heists and  enjoy yourself, maybe playing a bit of golf or tennis with the wife, whilst waiting for your day in court (which may even be inside a jail cell, depending on your bail grant).

In GTA you kill someone, the police come to try and find you instantly, you escape their line of sight, hide for a minute and you get away with the murder enabling you to carry on with the rest of the game.

What would you prefer?
You forgot one thing. Silencers are illegal, because bullets hit the walls, denting the bullet, making it difficult to find out the gun used.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users