Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,751 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (741 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (183 votes [24.70%])

Percentage of vote: 24.70%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (87 votes [11.74%])

Percentage of vote: 11.74%

3. No, it could be improved. (471 votes [63.56%])

Percentage of vote: 63.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote
PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

S0 many things to comment

1) Mission where you had to steal briefcase as Franklin

Tip:  Just kill the f*ckin dude and get the hell out there at start. Worked for me

2) Cops are full of coffe and LS coffe has too much coffeine

3) Think that you are police operator and you get call from an elk

That third one is actually true. The animals do call the police on you.

GrandTheftNine
  • GrandTheftNine

Heading Back to the VC 80's

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:43 AM

Citizens report, A citizen ran over by a car at the same time I'm getting attacked by a bunch of gang members that jump right in front of me.

Game AI doesn't give 2 Shts to report any other person doing criminal activity but OH WOW I can commit something so simple and get a wanted level for firing a gun in public...

But wait don't gang members fire their weapons into the air too? They do and the game AI doesn't give a Sht to call the police and dob them in as the citizens are programmed to run away screaming if a NPC fires a weapon.  but the moment I do the same thing "Citizens report, A gun fired in public"  and i'm dobbed in WTF! 

The system is broken and it would of been more fair if the Game developers coded in a code that also lets a Citizen call the police if another NPC (Say Ballas in this case) I get them to attack me but I haven't let a bullet fire from my weapon yet but they have, if a citizen is around they can report it to the police and have an officer come out.

Also in GTAIV I could fire a AK-47 for a minuet and fire 30+ bullets or so before the cops would come out, there was no "Citizens report"  in IV as far as i'm aware of and it would take some time for the cops to come out.

The moment I do the same thing in V in a city with just 1 bullet this time it's a instant wanted level. 

At this rate i'm starting to think the LCPD were relaxed officers (Sure the Search zone may of sucked but it's better than V's method which flashes forever and spawns a infinite amount of cops in front of you) 

• B Dawg and GTA_fear like this

American Alpha
  • American Alpha

Mr. Conservative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:47 AM

• Bring back the police AI from GTA IV, where cops would arrest, chase, and shoot at suspects other than your player character.
  • It needs to be impossible to get a wanted level if someone doesn't report you. I want to be able to go out to a desolate area and shoot my guns off without getting a automatic star. No more auto cops.
  • Turn down their shooting accuracy. Do this for bad guys as well.
  • I don't mind their aggression when giving pursuit, but get rid of that super charge move they do where they hit your vehicle with the force of Brian Urlacher.   
  • GTA_fear likes this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

I am still amazed that you peoples have a such difficult time with cops in this game. They are easy to hide from, pretty easy to run from, and don't take your weapons/ammo/cash like they have in previous titles. Maybe they are a bit aggressive at times and it would be nice if you could stop when you have only one start and get fined. But they are a marked improvement over the previous version and have some realistic aspects.

The police helicopters will run out of fuel while on pursuit and will leave to "refill". Cops will pull wounded comrades out of the way and behind cover. Kill a pedestrian at a cross walk and hide on the roof on the opposite corner and you can watch the police arrive at the scene of the crime and then start searching the area.

Lumpy Mango
  • Lumpy Mango

G

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:52 PM Edited by Lumpy Mango, 03 April 2015 - 01:57 PM.

My most recent cop chase: Killed the bitch cop in front of the police station/hospital in sandy shores, killed the dog that was chasing me, then ran to the tattoo shop and I threatened the owner and took the money. I was hiding behind the desk  blind firing outside towards the cops. They parked their cars outside and were taking cover. After about two minutes of killing them, I made a decent window, big enough to run outside and get a car. I drove to Trevors Airfield and parked the car Horizontal so I had a bit of extra cover. By the time I was here I had four stars. The Noose were getting involved. I was trying to get some shots, as they were hiding behind there cars. Then I start taking damage but I didn't know where the fire was coming from. Then I see a Chopper shooting at me, as there are holes in Trevors Hanger. I managed to fit a rocket through the gap (lol) and teach those sons-a-bitches a lesson. Then more Noose turned up and were smart enough to take cover behind their cars. Then all of a sudden I get killed because a cop threw a well tossed can of Tear Gas at me. That (even though it probably didn't sound very badass and epic) was probably one of the most thrilling, realistic ( how the cops where smart enough not to just barge in guns blazing in my face), tactical (that Tear Gas though....) and awesome chase I've had. I feel this chase was better than most of my others is because I wasn't really using a whole lot of stealth as it was mostly gun fights. The Police are pretty smart (IMO) when it comes to full on gun fights. That Tear Gas throw was really amazing at the time, I didn't even know they utilized Tear Gas. And how the Heli tried to get a good shot on me by positioning there chopper in the right spot through the holes in the Hanger for their gun man to fire at me. Now regarding the chases. I think the cops are pretty good in the chase aspect as well. They set up Roadblocks and utilize road spikes, try to trap you and stop you from going further (mainly on lower wanted levels) and ect. But the stealth aspect of the cops is not as good. The cones of vision IS a good idea, and it...half works well. You do need to be in there cones/line of sight to catch you, but they seem to just ''stumble'' upon your location while you are hidden. Another flaw with the stealth is the ''wanted level for killing people in the middle of nowhere with no witnesses around'' flaw. Sometimes I can get no wanted level for killing people on Mt. C, in the desert ect. But other times, instant wanted level. It's kinda luck. Your chances for being more likely to be hidden doing said thing, is obviously a silencer and being in stealth mode, LS or L3. But yeah, their are some of my opinions, and my little cop chase. :)

• k0NG3ěRN likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:29 AM

I can't wait to see what Police AI will be like in the PC version, and what changes will be modded in.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

• Turn down their shooting accuracy. Do this for bad guys as well.

Why decrease the cops accuracy?

The player got a very good accuracy. Especially with auto-aim activated. Decreasing the AI accuracy further is going to make it very easy for the player.

• Lumpy Mango likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Untouchable

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:48 AM

They're too easy.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:05 AM

Cop accuracy should be toned down.... from 1-2 star. They shouldn't do lethal force like that.

And 1 star in Online shouldn't start them shooting at you either.

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Master Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

Better than the police forces in III, Vice City and San Andreas, but not nearly as good as the robocops of GTA V.

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 days ago

Police system sux like hell. They spawning like crazy. We killing them so quick but they spawning even quicker! Bullcrap!

lilskilz
  • lilskilz

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Albania

Posted A day ago

the cops are one of the many things that keep this game from being amazing 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users