Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,638 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (587 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (170 votes [28.96%])

Percentage of vote: 28.96%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (63 votes [10.73%])

Percentage of vote: 10.73%

3. No, it could be improved. (354 votes [60.31%])

Percentage of vote: 60.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Have the police gotten less accurate with the 1.17 update, felt a bit easier last night

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Have the police gotten less accurate with the 1.17 update, felt a bit easier last night

No, they're still bullsh*t as always though when I was online, I broke into the prison with my friends, there was barely ANY cops (we had 4 or 5 stars), there was just 1 heli and about 3 cops. Since It was online I just assumed it was trying to save space so it doesn't lag the server.

• matajuegos01 likes this

Colognenigguh
  • Colognenigguh

Rat

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Hmm, were you chased by a Bravado Buffalo PPV driven by a female cop? If so this interesting and something many players including myself have been asking for a very long time.

Cheers.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

Interesting that I've never posted in this thread, but anyway.

i've never felt like the cops in GTA V are that hard they're just annoying. The ridiculous rubber banding is probably the thing that has always pissed me off the most about it. The "cone of sight" system in itself is actually a very good idea, but it's still inconsistent and they can still see through walls.

For me it's more to do with the cops being really sensitive and inconsistent with their actions rather than being too hard or easy. 

• Wolfhuman, ten-a-penny, matajuegos01 and 4 others like this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

PS4 user.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Gtaman_92, 2 weeks ago.

I have never had too much of a problem with the cops to be honest. What I hate the most about them though is how they just spawn right in front of me whenever I lose sight of them and the fact that it takes way too long to lose just a one star wanted level. 

MehdiFR
  • MehdiFR

Grand Theft Auto IV Player

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Hmm, were you chased by a Bravado Buffalo PPV driven by a female cop? If so this interesting and something many players including myself have been asking for a very long time.

Cheers.

He was near the Mission Row Police Station, which has Female LSPD Officers and LSPD Buffaloes. He has just made her take a LSPD Buffalo and chase him. Or... Well... He probably simply killed her and took a picture of a LSPD Buffalo and a picture of her corpse.

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's not that hard (it's pretty hard back in 1.00, where cops automatically know where you are). But just annoying. Rubber-banding, godly accuracy, and boring quotes. No funny-running fat-cops are kind of a bummer too.

Also, don't bring that bullsh*t hardware limitation argument.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 2 weeks ago

Interesting that I've never posted in this thread, but anyway.

i've never felt like the cops in GTA V are that hard they're just annoying. The ridiculous rubber banding is probably the thing that has always pissed me off the most about it. The "cone of sight" system in itself is actually a very good idea, but it's still inconsistent and they can still see through walls.

For me it's more to do with the cops being really sensitive and inconsistent with their actions rather than being too hard or easy. 

This is what I used to say since day 1.

The system in itself is great, and IMO its the best cop system yet. BUT the cops are annoying. They should just nerf their accuracy and rubber-band bullsh*t.

• matajuegos01 and Trevorphilipjfry like this

NinjaHenrike
  • NinjaHenrike

Say good night to the bad guy

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

I dont get mad,made 100% and put a god mode on my save,its funny

Thebkrig
  • Thebkrig

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The only thing about them that pisses me off is the fact that they come after you for defending your properties from rival gang members. Yea I guess I should have just stood there and watched as those bastards threw Molotov's at my bar.

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by 79'Blazer4x4, A week ago.

The only thing about them that pisses me off is the fact that they come after you for defending your properties from rival gang members. Yea I guess I should have just stood there and watched as those bastards threw Molotov's at my bar.

They come after you for literally anything. Hanging around an officer too long(with the exception of the ones that hang out around the impound yard, pretty sure they're scripted to not do that though since it would be extremely difficult to get your vehicle back if they shot you down just for being in the vicinity of them), hang around a civilian too long(even at bus stops or waiting to cross the street beside them) and they'll call the cops on you(in reality THEY would be in sh*t for wasting the police's time), kill anyone(silenced, unsilenced or melee) ANYWHERE, even if there are no possible witnesses and they come after you. I never had a problem with them chasing me for defending my bar since if police arrive at a shootout they're not gonna be asking questions, they're going to open fire. And from my experience they open fire on any of the assailants they see fire a shot as well, not just you.

KaiHiggins
  • KaiHiggins

Based Wolf Unit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The police in this game are super annoying lol
  • GTAfear and matajuegos01 like this

restlessmind
  • restlessmind

nothing to see here

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by restlessmind, A week ago.

I think the difficulty is about right - it's very difficult to stay alive at 4/5 stars, but pretty easy in 1-3.

However it is very boring waiting for that 1 or 2 star rating to go away simply because you bumped somebody while running or had a cop car run into you during their chase. Even after you switch cars you just have to sit there and wait.

It's a bit annoying that the cops just seem to go off the map when they're looking for you. For example if you land your chopper on a petrol station roof and then get a wanted rating the cops will just gather underneath you shouting insults. The same thing happens when you're underground. You can cause all sorts of havoc at a train station or in the tunnels and provided you've taken care of the station guards the cops just gather on the streets above and they seem to follow you which is just nonsensical.

The funniest part is that the cops are afraid of water, so if you have a high rating you can jump in the canal tunnels under vespucci and take out the swat team while standing on the pylons. It's funny to watch them as they jump into the water and then frantically swim back to the shore like little girls.

alex1369
  • alex1369

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

For me its just right.

With 3 stars it gets a bit tougher...

So its good.

Only bad thing is when you have 4,5 stars and you go under tunnel and stay there you can evade them.

But i dont understand they saw me going in tunnel and i didnt come out, so they have to send the policemen there from chopper or by car..

But its nothing bad

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

For me its just right.

With 3 stars it gets a bit tougher...

So its good.

Only bad thing is when you have 4,5 stars and you go under tunnel and stay there you can evade them.

But i dont understand they saw me going in tunnel and i didnt come out, so they have to send the policemen there from chopper or by car..

But its nothing bad

when those things happen I don't think "it's nothing bad"

Carter15678
  • Carter15678

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

I just wish that they had fewer, far more intelligent police instead of having all these stupid police spawn all over the place.

• Kampret likes this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

their are some things good about the cops if you drive like a normal person in a car they don't know your in they ignore you. the accuracy and the cop car ass push need nerfs though. all the cop system need is just needs a few more nerfs and then its perfection.

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago

their are some things good about the cops if you drive like a normal person in a car they don't know your in they ignore you. the accuracy and the cop car ass push need nerfs though. all the cop system need is just needs a few more nerfs and then its perfection.

I don't think they need nerf in any way, I just think they should change it from cops catching you even when you're going top speed in a Zentorno and ramming you from behind to not being able to catch up and actually using strategy to make up for it. Say if you have 2 stars and are in a car they can't keep up with they send a helicopter that doesn't have any gunners and isn't aggressive to just follow you and tell the ground units where you are, where you're headed, etc. so that they can plan more strategic road blocks with no openings to pass through without ramming it. But you could also listen in on their chatter to hear where said road blocks are so you can avoid them. On the other hand if you're in a car they can keep up with they still shouldn't do the ramming from behind thing, instead they should try pit maneuvers and stuff like real police use. There is a pit maneuver coded to them in the game,as you see in the video about glitches in the game that was somewhere on this forum(forget where), but they only ever use it maybe 5 percent of the time at most(rough guess). 

So I don't want them nerfed by any means. If anything my suggestion would make them harder to lose at 2 stars since there would be a helicopter following you, but it would be much more fun if they actually used strategy instead of brute force, numbers and 2000 horsepower police cars that turn back to average performance the moment you steal them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users