Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,788 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (809 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (192 votes [23.73%])

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (99 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

3. No, it could be improved. (518 votes [64.03%])

Percentage of vote: 64.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

I don't see how console limitations are a problem. GTA 4 had amazing cops. They didn't have the "search patterns" but other than that they acted like actual cops and also shot like them to, not like some deadeye cowboy from a western movie. It was actually fun to have shootouts and chases. Now its tedious and impossible to have a gunfight with the cops if you aren't hiding in a corner and blindfiring. That's with most of the AI actually

• GTA_fear, josephene123, matajuegos01 and 3 others like this

RamsdenGaming4
  • RamsdenGaming4

GTA V UNDERCOVER COP

• New Members
  • England

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by RamsdenGaming4, 17 August 2014 - 05:30 PM.

I agree with this complaint. The police system is just f*cking weird. You can kill someone in the middle of nowhere, but it HAS TO be in stealth mode, or you'll gain a wanted level. I did, however, shoot someone with a silenced pistol in the middle of the street and no cops showed up.

Well I do agree that the police can be improved when I first played it I didn't mind it, it was fine i was happy to see police patrolling but then the chases come out even happier then I get pitted BOOM! busted then it happens again with a modded car thats the fastest BOOM! busted just hoping that they will put it in gta 6 better police AI. TIP:Use a lspd skin on your guns and a silencer on them 2 will help just don't shoot black people or police will go to get you.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

I don't see how console limitations are a problem. GTA 4 had amazing cops. They didn't have the "search patterns" but other than that they acted like actual cops and also shot like them to, not like some deadeye cowboy from a western movie. It was actually fun to have shootouts and chases. Now its tedious and impossible to have a gunfight with the cops if you aren't hiding in a corner and blindfiring. That's with most of the AI actually

its not such an issue in single player or in pubic sessions where no one is interacting with each other but join a public session where 6 or more people are in the same spot shooting each other blowing everything up and you will quickly notice a major difference is the amount of NPCs and police that spawn, and the police behavior compared to if you have the same number of stars in an invite only session by yourself.  Far less spawn and they are much easier to escape from, and they spawn at a much slower rate the more people/explosions there are.  Ive often been in lobbies where there is zero cars or police spawn even though you have 5 stars, ZERO.  sometimes one car will show up that will instantly disappear as soon as the cop gets out and if you do see npc cars they usually disappear if you touch them and have no drivers.  This is because, CONSOLE LIMITATIONS, not enough processing power/memory to keep up with demand. Its actually quite pleasant when they slow down or cease spawning, but it really sucks when you cant find a f*cking car to get the hell outta there and yours is impounded or your mechanic cooldown timer has a few minutes left, lol!

DrewFly123
  • DrewFly123

Rampant Glitcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

Stealth is a completely non existant feature in GTA 5. It bugs me too, I wish police actually patrolled the streets rather than appearing out of thin air.  

• matajuegos01, Onlybigjim and Lumpy Mango like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

Stealth is a completely non existant feature in GTA 5. It bugs me too, I wish police actually patrolled the streets rather than appearing out of thin air.  

it actually does work somewhat, but the mistake most people make is thinking that a suppressor is a silencer, and its not, they still make considerable noise.  stealth also doesnt make you invisible, so line of sight is important but if you get out of a car and use it in a dark alley where no one is around you will lose the stars much faster than if you stay in the car.

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:06 AM

The LAPD has around 26 helicopters in their entire fleet, with around 25 as of today, in working order. 

But the LSPD apparently has a billion dollar budget and you can take out thousands, no problem. There is also a response time of 30 seconds in the forest. Good God.

Unlike in older GTAs, the 'lethal force' wanted level (2 stars) will bring as many police cars you encounter during your pursuit. So if you find ten, all of them will pursue you.

SA limited the police car to 1 unit per 2-star pursuit, if another cruiser intercepts then it 'subsitites' the other one already in the pursuit.

Hardest to evade? GTA4 no doubt. The police radius is huge. Snipers on the roof added to the excitement though.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

The LAPD has around 26 helicopters in their entire fleet, with around 25 as of today, in working order. 

But the LSPD apparently has a billion dollar budget and you can take out thousands, no problem. There is also a response time of 30 seconds in the forest. Good God.

Unlike in older GTAs, the 'lethal force' wanted level (2 stars) will bring as many police cars you encounter during your pursuit. So if you find ten, all of them will pursue you.

SA limited the police car to 1 unit per 2-star pursuit, if another cruiser intercepts then it 'subsitites' the other one already in the pursuit.

Hardest to evade? GTA4 no doubt. The police radius is huge. Snipers on the roof added to the excitement though.

police on the ground also commandeer the nearest npc vehicle if you take off and its pretty funny if they get in a firetruck, they shoot water at you. first time i saw that i was like WTF? thought it was some player off the radar at first, haha!

Have a minigun and/or a heavy sniper and are good at free aim? shoot the tail rotor, it takes choppers down QUICK, lol

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

police on the ground also commandeer the nearest npc vehicle if you take off and its pretty funny if they get in a firetruck, they shoot water at you. first time i saw that i was like WTF? thought it was some player off the radar at first, haha!

Have a minigun and/or a heavy sniper and are good at free aim? shoot the tail rotor, it takes choppers down QUICK, lol

Well we didn't have that in IV, and the RPG was overly realistic it was annoying.. that HUGE radius at 6 stars made it worse than the 5-star V, for me at least.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

Well we didn't have that in IV, and the RPG was overly realistic it was annoying.. that HUGE radius at 6 stars made it worse than the 5-star V, for me at least.

yea but if you could drive without crashing which was 100X harder in 4 than it is in 5 you at least had a break between waves so once you shot down the chopper and killed any cops blocking your way you could get out of the circle usually pretty easy but 6 stars was highly difficult i think, i dont much remember having that many stars too many times, before i figured out how the cops worked in gta 5 i felt that 3 stars now was like 5 or 6 in gta4 cause if you use gta 4 methods against the cops in gta 5 youre gonna f*cking die guaranteed, lol! 

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

Have ever seen a cop use a taser or a SWAT guy use a grenade?

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

No.

calvooo
  • calvooo

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

I agree witth OP. It will be good if cops dont shoot at me like maniacs..

Someday i steal the car, somebody call police. Ok, thats right. I was try to escape without hiting anybody (cars, people) with one wanted star. After reaching two stars police start to shoot at me, wtf.. And the chooper, oh my god, happy trigger pilot. 

The police is toooo agressive.

My suggestion: police not shoot at you until you shoot them or civilians. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

Shoot first ask later. They ain't gonna read you your rights, because this is GTA. You have no rights.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

Oh ya it's easy to hide in a tunnel when out running them, but it gets repetitive and boring doing it every-time. 

And FFS I hate how I can't go skydiving without getting 1 star from the plane crash. 

• Trevorphilipjfry likes this

GTAV-KID
  • GTAV-KID

The All Seeing Eye :)

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Police some how have x-ray vision as I had 2 star police and was hidden behind a wall and as the were aproaching me they some how saw me throught the wall.

WTF EVERY TIME!!!!

:blink: :sui: :(

CallofDutyGTA
  • CallofDutyGTA

Call of Duty & My Little Pony members

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

At that game, I didn't play as I'm getting Grand Theft Auto 5 on my PC. It's similar to San Andreas and therefore, I would be having a cop uniform brought from the precinct like Barbara does.

bewaretheclaw
  • bewaretheclaw

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

The police ai really does suck! I argree with most people about how they spawn like f*cking crazy and don't stop till your forced to put a damn cheat in! But honestly what pisses me off the most is the fact of when you do have like one or two stars they mirror every goddamn move you make and it is almost impossible to avoid a collision. They are overpowered no matter what vehicle your in!! I'm in a 80,000 pound fully loaded 18 wheeler! Like seriously come on!? And that ramming bullsh*tting they do?! Wtf is that?! Why would they think that is a good idea to do? They never die from collisions either. I honestly do not think rockstar will fix this problem unless drastic measures are taking or someone that has power does something about it. They are so rapped up in there money scheme that they do not give a f*ck! Money card!? Are you kidding me!? I know this is not a forum about money but you think the amount of money they get from that sh*t they would honestly care about all these people complaining about these simple fix issues! This is my reply...thank you!
  • josephene123 and matajuegos01 like this

bewaretheclaw
  • bewaretheclaw

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:59 PM Edited by bewaretheclaw, 24 August 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Disregard this post,accidentally put twice.

triplem
  • triplem

Asshole

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by triplem, 24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM.

The police ai really does suck! I argree with most people about how they spawn like f*cking crazy and don't stop till your forced to put a damn cheat in! But honestly what pisses me off the most is the fact of when you do have like one or two stars they mirror every goddamn move you make and it is almost impossible to avoid a collision. They are overpowered no matter what vehicle your in!! I'm in a 80,000 pound fully loaded 18 wheeler! Like seriously come on!? And that ramming bullsh*tting they do?! Wtf is that?! Why would they think that is a good idea to do? They never die from collisions either. I honestly do not think rockstar will fix this problem unless drastic measures are taking or someone that has power does something about it. They are so rapped up in there money scheme that they do not give a f*ck! Money card!? Are you kidding me!? I know this is not a forum about money but you think the amount of money they get from that sh*t they would honestly care about all these people complaining about these simple fix issues! This is my reply...thank you!

That ramming bullsh*t is actually something cops in America do in real life. It's palled a "PIT Maneuver", they hit the back/side of the car and try to make it spin out. All cops behind the wheel are taught how to do it.... it's not something Rockstar made up.

If you wanna really discuss the bullsh*t part, that would be that you can actually steer out of the spin in the game if you're good enough. Not something that would happen in real life if your ass end was fish tailing around doing over 100mph!

Georgia98
  • Georgia98

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

It's pissing me off, the SWAT are bad too, they just keep shooting and eventually set your car on fire or blow it up after shooting non stop and the choppers are the WORST, don't get me started on them.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

That ramming bullsh*t is actually something cops in America do in real life. It's palled a "PIT Maneuver", they hit the back/side of the car and try to make it spin out. All cops behind the wheel are taught how to do it.... it's not something Rockstar made up.

If you wanna really discuss the bullsh*t part, that would be that you can actually steer out of the spin in the game if you're good enough. Not something that would happen in real life if your ass end was fish tailing around doing over 100mph!

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

GTA V police is horrible and even GTA SA's Police was even better and trust me that game sucked.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:41 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 29 August 2014 - 04:42 PM.

@triplem

The problem is not that the cops ram the player's back. The issue I have is that they seem to always have an advantage acceleration-wise. The fact that they can keep up (and destroy my ass) with my modified, improved, 1000HP Veyron for a mile until I reach 300 kmh (which is almost impossible because you can hardly go above 200 in a Coquette) is just ridiculous.

It just reeks of lazyness on Rockstar's part.
  • matajuegos01 and Lumpy Mango like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by Stoney0503, 29 August 2014 - 10:36 PM.

The police AI in this game is so smart its anything but realistic!

In GTA IV, if you did a small crime, a cop had to see it in order to get a wanted level. In GTA V, its just "Someone got shot lets give them a 1 star wanted level then a 2 star wanted level and spam cops everywhere lolololol".

I got the cops on me as usual, I was somewhere in the middle of LS, I then did the skyfall cheat and flew over to the beach, cops in boats started to spawn, WTF? Why would cops be searching in the f*cking water if the crime happened miles away?! Another thing  GTA IV does better with cops is that they stop searching if you escape the crime scene, in GTA V, the cops go on and on and on and on searching and its gets VERY repetitive, especially since standing in front of a cop gives you a 2 star wanted level, WTF is that about?!?

Lets hope the VCPD aren't as bullsh*t as the LSPD...

• Cutter De Blanc and matajuegos01 like this

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

In GTA IV, if you did a small crime, a cop had to see it in order to get a wanted level. In GTA V, its just "Someone got shot lets give them a 1 star wanted level then a 2 star wanted level and spam cops everywhere lolololol".

I got the cops on me as usual, I was somewhere in the middle of LS, I then did the skyfall cheat and flew over to the beach, cops in boats started to spawn, WTF? Why would cops be searching in the f*cking water if the crime happened miles away?! Another thing  GTA IV does better with cops is that they stop searching if you escape the crime scene, in GTA V, the cops go on and on and on and on searching and its gets VERY repetitive, especially since standing in front of a cop gives you a 2 star wanted level, WTF is that about?!?

Hopefully, I never played VC or VCS so I hope the introduction to them will be better than re-meeting the LSPD....

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Hopefully, I never played VC or VCS so I hope the introduction to them will be better than re-meeting the LSPD....

In the 3D Universe games, the VCPD were the best in terms of difficulty, they weren't dumb like the LCPD or Bullsh*t as the LSPD.

In Vice city, the cops were very fun to go on rampages with, and whenever I died it wasn't like in GTA V where I died from complete bullsh*t, no, in VC the difficulty was PERFECT, killing a cop only got you 2 stars, while in V it's 3 stars.

They also have tanks, which are very easy to steal ;)

• matajuegos01 and Lumpy Mango like this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

I really hope their difficulty gwta changed in SP DLC, I'm not betting on it, but its something I really want, the thing I don't understand is, during missions, the accuracy of the police is perfect, can be challenging, but also quite forgiving at the same time, but yet still have all the searching and advanced AI capabalities as they do in free roam,surely it wouldn't be that hard to tweak the police then, seeing as it already exists in game? sigh who know though, Recently started hood safari just to have a shootout with the police, it was so much more fun.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

The Cop AI gets incredibly dumbed down when in Missions for some reason, for example the final heist, 5 stars and there was only 1 helicopter and about 3 or 4 police cars... wat.

If it was in free roam, there would be 3 helicopters, about 20 police cars on your ass and the accuracy of the police increase by 10000%.

• Cutter De Blanc, matajuegos01 and Lumpy Mango like this

Lumpy Mango
  • Lumpy Mango

Edge Lord

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:37 AM

The Cop AI gets incredibly dumbed down when in Missions for some reason, for example the final heist, 5 stars and there was only 1 helicopter and about 3 or 4 police cars... wat.

If it was in free roam, there would be 3 helicopters, about 20 police cars on your ass and the accuracy of the police increase by 10000%.

Totally agree with your above postes. The only reason they dumb down the Police while in missions is so you don't have to fail three times and skip each section of a mission. If they made the Police like in VC, with a few changes that are in V like the cones of vision, I would gladly have the Police the same difficulty in missions that they are in free roam.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

The only GOOD improvement of cop AI I saw in V (I think it was the High life update) was the helicopter got closer to you when you were in a buzzard, making them easier to shoot with the cannons.

• Lumpy Mango likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users