Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,616 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (568 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (166 votes [29.23%])

Percentage of vote: 29.23%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (61 votes [10.74%])

Percentage of vote: 10.74%

3. No, it could be improved. (341 votes [60.04%])

Percentage of vote: 60.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Davis313
  • Davis313

Photographer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

I like the police system in GTA for the most part, but I think they're a bit too cruel. You accidentally hit a cop car from the vehicle impound or on the road, the cops are going to shoot you. You stand in front of an officer (I guess getting in his face), he'll shoot you. That's about all I have to say, for the most part the cops are pretty good.

• NinjaWJ likes this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

I have a strategy which I think works alright:

When getting into it, as the helicopters start to come, take cover but don't go for the helicopter, make sure you kill everyone on the ground first. 

silencedfrags
  • silencedfrags

Hello Everyone!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

They shoot at you for no know reason even if you looked at them.

Merr
  • Merr

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

They need to take slipstream off on cops too. I play the game to have fun not to be annoyed and mad and f*cked in the ass.

Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

My opinion on this is:

Easy to beat and run away from, but annoying as f***, as you get one star from the most stupid things or for unreal stuff, like:

- Staring at a officer.

- Walking nearby a house

- Killing someone with a supressed sniper rifle, in the middle of a mountain or a desert, while using stealth mode.

- A police car hitting your car while they chase another guy,

And the list goes on and on...

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

police AI in a nutshell lol

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

I like how strong the police are, it makes every chase an intense battle between me and the cops, though they could use a little more satire. But killing someone in the middle of nowhere shouldn't make you wanted.

canadianwingnut
  • canadianwingnut

don't mess with the wingnut

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:32 AM Edited by canadianwingnut, 20 April 2014 - 12:37 AM.

I cannot f*cking well believe this many people sincerely think GTA V police system < GTA IV police system. In IV, this was just after 9/11. Cops were EVERYWHERE in that game. On foot, cruising around, you do ANYTHING ANYWHERE and they lighting your ass up. These cops while not as amusing, are a lot better. The whole damned system is better. In my experiences with these cops, they come for a reason :> Them hitting YOUR car and you getting wanted is lame, that's all gta games I guess though. them not scrambling Lazers at five stars is lame, remember when 5 or 6 stars was the military? Smoking the noose hanging off the trucks is fun.

To all the people crying about police attention on Chilihad... they're probably thinking what I'm thinking. Wtf are you up there shooting randoms for anyway? You're probably up to other shenanigans, better cut you down.

I like these polices, just right with a pls add a titch of military.

Easy enough to evade, fun to f*ck around with.

Edit: also love the dispatcher. "Suspect is going 90mph... in a.... uhhmmmm... private jet" LOL fkn ditz love it
  • Vec likes this

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

The police are definitely easier in the latest patch. It feels sort of like IV now in terms of difficulty. 

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:41 AM

I think I'm improving more at escaping them since I didn't need to use an underground hiding spot in a while for a 3 star wanted and above

Bombshock
  • Bombshock

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

It could be improved.

1.You are in fully modded adder down the highway and the cops just catch up to and ram you..

2.You are on top of Chiliad,shooting at the sky and the police just spawns on top of the mountain..

3.It takes too much time staying hidden to evade the wanted levels.You literally have to stay hidden 1 minute waiting to evade 5 stars,its annoying...

• thekillerdonuts likes this

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Just too scripted

Muthaphuckaa
  • Muthaphuckaa

Pimp not a simp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

I don't like how on a straight cops will always catch up, weather you're in a sports or cop car, and hit you

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

I just recently deleted the latest update then redownloaded it. But the police accuracy ha returned to their original state :(
Can anyone help?!

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

3.It takes too much time staying hidden to evade the wanted levels.You literally have to stay hidden 1 minute waiting to evade 5 stars,its annoying...

Not if you know how to hide. 

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

is this the first gta poll where the no option is the most chosen for a game feature?

BapheN
  • BapheN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

Sometimes police seems too stupid... Other times... So bad!!

Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

Cops have no regard for their own lives at all as soon as you do anything they'll drive full speed crashing into you and driving off cliffs using every fibre of their being to get you, completely unrealistic. If I stick my middle finger at a cop he isn't going to risk his life just to kill me for it
  • thekillerdonuts and jeanrjm like this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by im_stoned, 28 April 2014 - 03:12 AM.

to people in this thread saying ''cameras are everywhere'' please explain too me why the police always have to make deals with crime lords friends to arrest them ? the police let rapists, murders, drug dealers ect go free on a daily basis if the person can help the cops arrest the rich man they really want !

you can say its bullsh*t but its not look up Carl Williams the f*cking government paid his daughters school fee's because he claimed too have info on corrupt cops. He ended up getting killed by someone like me who takes expectation to the police, government and justice system treating the law as a joke .

make no mistake about it folks the only people who get punished are the innocent and the folks who don't have milions of dollars in illegal money to bribe the government with.

f*ck THE POLICE !!!!! I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEM and neither should you !!! they will in prison a pothead and free child rapists to make room .......... that's real life !

Anyway my point is police in V are fake as f*ck just like real cops so its realistic  I guess

canadianwingnut
  • canadianwingnut

don't mess with the wingnut

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

to people in this thread saying ''cameras are everywhere'' please explain too me why the police always have to make deals with crime lords friends to arrest them ? the police let rapists, murders, drug dealers ect go free on a daily basis if the person can help the cops arrest the rich man they really want !

you can say its bullsh*t but its not look up Carl Williams the f*cking government paid his daughters school fee's because he claimed too have info on corrupt cops. He ended up getting killed by someone like me who takes expectation to the police, government and justice system treating the law as a joke .

make no mistake about it folks the only people who get punished are the innocent and the folks who don't have milions of dollars in illegal money to bribe the government with.

f*ck THE POLICE !!!!! I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEM and neither should you !!! they will in prison a pothead and free child rapists to make room .......... that's real life !

Anyway my point is police in V are fake as f*ck just like real cops so its realistic  I guess

Take your political opinion and f*ck off with it.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

I think im-stoned is stoned

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

They are just too agressive and acting like brutal Spetnaz special forces.

Massive follow up shots with every kind of weapons and kamikazi drivers(they hit your car hard even there are only 2-3 stars)

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

I think V lacks is being able to engage in gun battles with police for longer. It's easy to be killed by a head shot. Being in shootouts is fine but they always seem to finish up too quickly. 

Also, the countryside/desert in GTA feels too populated some times. You should be able to get away with a good few murders before police magically know where you are. I understand it can be peds seeing you commit crimes and they call police etc but even at that, it should take them much longer to respond. 

In San Andreas, I really felt like I was out in the wilderness at times. With V, I always feel like theres a cop just a few hundred metres away, waiting to pounce. 

Rockstar, please make a patch for police response times in the mountainous, desert and baron regions. What is the countryside when the police arrive quickly as if like you were standing in standing in Times Square?!

Killer1qa2ws3ed
  • Killer1qa2ws3ed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:40 AM Edited by Killer1qa2ws3ed, 01 May 2014 - 05:41 AM.

They need to decrease their accuracy also the amount of helicopter needs to decrease.

• Mister Pink likes this

AbigaiL001
  • AbigaiL001

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

I killed a guy in the middle of nowhere, where no one was to be seen yet I still gained wanted stars. Gta Iv had too easy of a police chase to be considered fun but on the other side, gta v has an annoying and hard type of police chase. f*ck it, the police cars can even accelerate faster then the Adarr. Lel
  • Mister Pink, thekillerdonuts and rahjee like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:32 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 01 May 2014 - 09:36 AM.

They need to decrease their accuracy also the amount of helicopter needs to decrease.

I agree. Although it may be more realistic that they are so accurate now, I do believe strongly that police are too accurate. And yes, the police helicopters spawn too frequently. On foot rampages are really difficult.

I thought I'd just get better at the game and have longer rampages  - I don't. The police get me way too easily.  

The poll proves that gaming fans believe the police are too hard. 

While I'll admit it's not beneficial to for every developer to do exactly as the fans say.. (I worked as a photographer and it's just implausible to react and do everything as customers want), this change would definitely benefit the GTA V experience. Maybe just modified a little bit. 

• Killer1qa2ws3ed likes this

squigly111
  • squigly111

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

They also magically know where you are at all times. It's not "last seen" or whatever. If you've been hidden from police for 30 seconds and keep driving and park in a tunnel, cops will just show up above you and sit there, even though no cop has seen you for half a mile. Same thing with turning into an alley. Even if nobody sees you turn into an alley, the cops will magically know to follow you into that alley.

I agree with this I mean when I am on the highway and I am driving along going really fast and I out rub the cops and leave them behind me there are always f*cking cops in front of you that pull in front of you and cause you to get in an accident and if you out run them there is another out run them there is another, how many cops can possibly be on one f*cking highway!! It is bs!!
  • jeanrjm likes this

ReggieLewisBC
  • ReggieLewisBC

I don't even know what street Canada is on.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:56 AM Edited by ReggieLewisBC, 03 May 2014 - 04:58 AM.

I feel like the police are a little too crazy

(Police Brutality)

Joestacos2
  • Joestacos2

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

to those sayinjg "i shot a guy in the desert and the police came after me" is proven WRONG

i tried MULTIPLE TIMES and nothing happened, that or get better at the game; not R*'s fault that yall are rusty at the game

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

No the police always know where you are and when you commit a crime, it's just that it takes 2 kills. Because it's scripted this way, but I guarantee you, you'll get wanted this way. You never feel like your far away from the city, because the police always spot your crimes, the rural and desert areas would be so much more immersive, if there weren't invisible police cameras.

Also the overall accuracy of the police should be reduced, and their bullets should do SLIGHTLY less damage just slightly. Noose operatives hanging off the side of the granger, should have an accuracy reduction. No way can someone be that accurate hanging off the side of a car driving 90MPH down the freeway. The police also shoot too quickly, they can shoot you before they're fully around the corner, or before they've even raised their weapon, which is pretty bad.
  • jeanrjm likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users