Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,785 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (800 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (189 votes [23.62%])

Percentage of vote: 23.62%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (98 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

3. No, it could be improved. (513 votes [64.12%])

Percentage of vote: 64.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Cheesyduck
  • Cheesyduck

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Anyone who has gotten to level 100 in online (and is aware of their surroundings) knows that the police AI are basically suicide drones (as well as the civilian drivers). Anyone who voted "Yes, I love the police AI" doesn't realize how a Zerg rush works.

Wov4ik-
  • Wov4ik-

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

i hate the fib dudes who are hanging on the side of the big suv snd shoot you down when youre sitting in your car

Han RX-7
  • Han RX-7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

The police are absolutele BS in this game. I thought IV's were sensitive but f*cking christ they're even worse in this. Don't need to say anything since everyone really has said it all here as you cannot do squat without them giving you a star or two. Some days I don't know what is worse - their sensitivity or the fact that it takes entirely way too long for your wanted level to go away in this. Even getting rid of a star or two is hell and takes forever not to forget the game cheats and spawns cops on your location. The obstructions aren't 100% either as they can see you in walls when they feel like it; it's just random when it comes to whether they will be fooled or not.

IV's system wasn't perfect either but it was leaps and leaps better than this garbage in V. Cops could still spawn near you once you broke away from their scope and restart your chase but it was much better evading them in that game than this shoddy system V has.

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

The LCPD Chopper (wanted level 5) is just too unrealistic,the gunners on the side would not be able to get an accurate shot when the chopper is maneuvering side to side  

• LightningLord likes this

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Michael stops at a gas station in his car, pops out and buys a soda from the e-cola machine inside the shop. Receives one star!!!! As soon as he walks out of the door, it jumps to two stars with five police interceptors teleporting in from the USS Enterprise (or so it seems). Happened on more than one occasion. The wanted system in the game is completely f*cked, there's no denying it.

Oh, and as for "The police behind you do this because of the draft you provide for them" this should not happen, especially if you're driving an Adder at full speed along the motorway. There is absolutely no way whatsoever that a police interceptor would accelerate and exceed the speed of the Adder under any circumstances.

• jeanrjm and LightningLord like this

Ashes2AshesNN
  • Ashes2AshesNN

Crackhead

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Not difficult, just REAL Assholes with Navy Seal training, you can't even help them in a gun fight without getting shot by them yourself (except those random events)

I was playing as Franklin( this happened just now) and well, I'm still by the part where he lives with his aunt, and so I remember I went to go get Chop and take a walk around Forum Drive, and well, I heard sirens, and I see one of the Families gettin chased by the cops (note that this guy was on a bmx).

So the guy zooms past me, taking an excellently executed turn, while the cop took a really hard right, going onto the pavement, and BAM!!, the asshole runs me over, causing me to catch air, and face 1st into an oncoming car...WASTED

Yet he still got away with it, no trouble, no nothing what-so-ever...

Off Topic(kinda): After all this happened, Chop isn't appearing behind the house anymore, causing me to fail the mission "Hood Safari", with a message saying "Chop Was Abandoned"

f*cking LSPD....
  • Alanbeales1 likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Gotta say the Police system is pretty cool, although it gets on my nerves sometimes I like it.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Gotta say the Police system is pretty cool, although it gets on my nerves sometimes I like it.

I completely agree, I didn't really know what to think about it at first, but it is very well thought out.

In GTA IV, it was just a single search radius, which was cool but in GTA V, all the individual cops are independent which I personally find a lot better, and is slightly more realistic, it allows you to see the exact viewpoint of the cops as well.

The only thing I have ever disliked about GTA V's police is how the Helicopters can be extremely accurate.

Clarkbar_9
  • Clarkbar_9

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

The police are really stupid in this game. They may be hard at some points, but overall, if the police ere like that in real life we'd all be extinct.

• jeanrjm likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

The police are really stupid in this game. They may be hard at some points, but overall, if the police ere like that in real life we'd all be extinct.

I dont think that they are really stupid, they just are heavily determined to stop us :p

BigDaddyWink
  • BigDaddyWink

Wink Stephenson

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

They don't piss me off as bad as the mountain lions.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

LethalDrizzle
  • LethalDrizzle

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

Thebull94, on 22 Sept 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

For f*ck sake this is the main problem I am beginning to have with the game and tbh its only (I wouldnt say game breaking) insanely irritating flaw, I shoot a hiker WITH A SILENCED f*ckING WEAPON ontop of Mount Chilliad (where the trail is) and BOOM f*cking wanted and cops start driving up the mountain? Wtf is this BS? I kill people in the desert and BOOM wanted? f*ck that it is beginning to annoy the sh*t out of me and imo ruined GTA IV and I was hoping they would fix it with this one but nope. Also its annoying how the cops just spawn infront of you when your wanted,,,, 

The cops are insane, spawning out of nowhere in places like Chiliad, it takes some of the fun out the game how easily you become wanted in remote places.

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

I know complaining about the wanted system is beating a dead horse, but I was just wondering that if there's even a tiny possibility that it could get fixed?

I think most of us can agree that gaining one star is a little too easy, I mean yesterday I was out in the middle of no where, fired my weapon just so I could hear the birds fly away, and i got one star. They somehow managed to find me straight away, and it took a long time to lose it.

Other then that one (I guess two) problem, I think the wanted system is great, I just wish it could be patched so that gaining one star is a little more difficult to do.

GrandTheftNine
  • GrandTheftNine

Sit down and Relax, you'll feel better!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

Maybe they could... But they seem to darn focused on the Online mode more than anything else.. Online may get wanted level improvements or whatever but SP/ Story mode gets nothing. But here's my problems with today's wanted system.

Playing in the middle of town with chop. Throw a ball down an alley-way and instally get a 1 wanted star which quickly turns into #2 wanted starts ( Really R*)

GangBangers must be on some protected species list because they can shoot my freely without the magic police turning up... but the moment i start on one or tazer them i get a instant wanted level.  

Yes it's a GTA Game, You break the law... You get what you deserve yadda yadda yadda... But Protecting myself while being provoked and having the offender get away is wrong. 

R* get yourself together and fix your lousy wanted system. 

• Niobium and Clarkbar_9 like this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

\ (•◡•) /

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

Real issues:
- Detect silenced weapon from nowhere.
- Cop Cars have Nitrous. (Usually 3-5 stars)
- Swat soldiers on the side of SUVs carry pistols and are incredibly accurate. PISTOLS. WHILE DRIVING.
- Regular cops are somewhat ok. Swat soldiers are more accurate at shooting. Helicopter? Most accurate. Why?
- I stole a random Honda. Apparently I must die. By bullets...
- In both GTA V and GTA ONLINE my characters have 100% driving. Yet no matter what, if a cop car nudges the back of my car it loses control for no reason. Even if I have a 4 Wheel Drive Car.
- I have a cop car. Cops still go faster.
- Hiding underwater. Cops send in 3 armored boats.
- My tire popped. I shoot out a back tire from a cop car. Cop car has no issues while I'm struggling to drive.
- I see an FIB SUV heading my way. Soldier on the side shoots from a quarter mile away with a pistol. I die. With half health.

Some of these can be solved if armor was more effective. Others just make no absolute sense.

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

you know what's really F*cked up? the LCPD Don't even shoot at you when you're on the Los Santos Airport landing strip in a plane,i'm like "WTF!!!?"

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

\ (•◡•) /

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

you know what's really F*cked up? the LCPD Don't even shoot at you when you're on the Los Santos Airport landing strip in a plane,i'm like "WTF!!!?"

Lol

Kidjoker
  • Kidjoker

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Ok so I was trying to do stump jumps on a motor bike when I accidently hit a civilian. Of course I go cops on me instantly. As I was trying to get away from them a cop car rammed the f*ck out of me while on the bike and sent me flying and leaving me dead!!! R* said gta 5 would be REALISTIC. The damn cops areant even close to being realistic. Their like a team of trevors on a rampage with badges.whats your most amnoying experience?

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

That is bothersome for sure, but what get's me is the sharpshooting.  That drives me nuts!! 

Don't matter if they are in a helo, boat, driving 100mph over rockey/bumpy terrain; they always hit their mark.  

This is one thing R* needs to fix.  It get's pretty ridiculous at times.

DrDetroit

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

They're not hard, no. They're just pretty damn annoying. So annoying that I can't stand anything police related in V. Its a shame because I used to love the cops and sparking chases with them.
  • jeanrjm likes this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

\ (•◡•) /

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

They're not hard, no. They're just pretty damn annoying. So annoying that I can't stand anything police related in V. Its a shame because I used to love the cops and sparking chases with them.

Yeah. :/

VanossGaming
  • VanossGaming

I'm back BABY!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

I gotta admit, they are a little harder.

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

they can be annoying at times. especially the helo gunners and their perfect aim in survival mode. 

or when the cops start shooting at you and you only got one star.. its hard for me to not shoot back at that point

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

\ (•◡•) /

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

0_0.jpg

FIB is a police division. The ufo teleports police to you. This is what makes the police harder to lose.
  • restlessmind likes this

restlessmind
  • restlessmind

nothing to see here

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

0_0.jpg

FIB is a police division. The ufo teleports police to you. This is what makes the police harder to lose.

It's all starting to make sense! Mystery solved.

LogScottWood
  • LogScottWood

The People's Favourite

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Well, I appreciate the efforts Rockstar have gone to to increase the amount of danger in the environment. Since the last GTA installment, you can now very easily be killed by sharks, mountain lions, gang members and the police. Before, nothing could touch you as long as you had an M5 and body armour. 

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

I'll tell you what pisses me off. The cop cars when YOU drive them are so slow as hell, but the moment a cop is in one, it's suddenly faster than the fastest super cars. Horse sh*t.
  • Choco Taco and Niobium like this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

\ (•◡•) /

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I'll tell you what pisses me off. The cop cars when YOU drive them are so slow as hell, but the moment a cop is in one, it's suddenly faster than the fastest super cars. Horse sh*t.

They're not that slow. But I agree. I'm in the same car as a cop and yet they go incredibly fast. WAT.

Niobium
  • Niobium

PROFESSIONAL IV FANBOY & SH*TPOSTER

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

the LSPD is god. they know when you killed someone even when you are alone in the desert with no witnesses. it's just so annoying

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:45 AM

Cops suck at this game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users