Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,788 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (809 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (192 votes [23.73%])

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (99 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

3. No, it could be improved. (518 votes [64.03%])

Percentage of vote: 64.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
doebeezy
  • doebeezy

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Get a minigun. You're like a one man army. I can survive for awhile using a minigun and cover.

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

First Person Shooter Aficionado

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Fair enough having a tough wanted system in single player but what really takes the piss is the fact that they are the same in online.

It makes it difficult to piss about and have a laugh with your mates as you can't do anything without getting a wanted level and then you either have to let yourself be shot dead (losing cash as a result), pay to get Lester to get them off your back or drive around for 5 minutes to lose them.

And even in singleplayer it's a joke, firing a weapon or blowing up a car in the middle of an isolated area like a forest and you have a f*cking cop car dispatched to there within seconds. I reckon GTA IV had the wanted system spot on.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

People think the cops in IV were too easy and the cops in V are "too hard."

I prefer the cops in III, Vice City, and San Andreas over IV and V.  But I still enjoy IV and V cop system.  Each game has a different system and you simply just gotta learn the system.  Out of all the time people spend on this forum bitching about the cops being too hard, they could of spent the time on learning solutions on how to avoid the cops and get better at 5 star wanted level chases.  I mean, after 100% completion, there isn't much to do besides 5 star rampages and having with the cops anyways.

On the Train Flatbed Car, I can last 2 hours, 7 minutes.  In my Police Riot, I can last 2 hours, 6 minutes.  In my Lazer, I can last 1 hour, 49 minutes.  In my Tank, I can last 36 minutes, and in the Attack Chopper, 15-20 minutes.  The Train, Riot, and Lazer are easy for me, but the Tank and Attack Chopper I have trouble with surviving.  Tank blows up so quickly and the Attack Chopper gets shot full of holes to quickly and goes down...

• ten-a-penny and Luuk' like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

And even in single player it's a joke, firing a weapon or blowing up a car in the middle of an isolated area like a forest and you have a f*cking cop car dispatched to there within seconds. I reckon GTA IV had the wanted system spot on.

GTA SA had the same system. fire an RPG on top of the mountain (GTA SA!) and you'll have an army behind you.

• Luuk' and MetalMilitia89 like this

Kimbly
  • Kimbly

Rebel Softy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:56 PM Edited by Kimbly, 19 February 2014 - 05:54 PM.

I was trying to push the fighter jet that l stole from the military base into the hanger with a truck and ramming the jet caused 2 stars and the police came and shot me before I can save the jet.  God damn that jet is hard to get. 

LOL ... I actually managed to steal that jet; mind you ~ I did put in my 5-min. invincibility so at least I had a chance of surviving for a bit ~ and ran to biggest hangar where there is a jet inside - it faces a Titan. You can fly that jet straight out, and within a minute of being away from the base, your stars flash and soon disappear if you fly toward the ocean.
Then I landed the jet on the Sandy Shores air strip and parked it in his hangar. I saved & reloaded the game, and voila - Trevor owned the jet.
--- additionally ---

If you're really good with the Buzzard, zoom into the hangar and land as close to the jet as possible, then fly the jet out.

http://socialclub.ro...O2UK2XoBrArCOzQ

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Invincibility to steal a Lazer?  Give me a break.  That sh*t's so easy...

I do it the SAME way you talk about, the large hanger with the Jet inside facing the Titan, but invincibility is NOT needed in the slightest.  It goes like this:

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:35 AM

Anyone else see it? The way they drive?? Like they just skip 2 feet and go... or when they are in back of you, they quickly catchup even though youre in a fully customized adder.

PeriodZeroHero
  • PeriodZeroHero

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

Video Game cops are faster than race cars, been like that since the 80's bruh lmao

Username_already_taken
  • Username_already_taken

http://gtaforums.com/

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

I've been playing this game for a while now and I don't recall anyone getting busted, you just get shot.

restlessmind
  • restlessmind

nothing to see here

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

Do the police ever give up? A car hit me whilst I was turning into Franklins place in the hills. The driver came out to assault me so I had no choice but to knock him out. Instant wanted level so I figured if I go inside the house I'd be fine. I went down to the end of the hallway on the lower level knowing that I can't be seen in that spot from the outside and waited patiently hoping they would go away. A cop came down the stairs and started shooting at me, I shot back and more came. Before I know it I was at four stars and they kept coming. Then it hit five stars, by that time the stairwell was clogged with cop bodies and then they started getting in through the entrance at Franklins room....

Is there any way to get them off your back when you're cornered? In the end I got bored so tried making a run for it through Franklin's room and into the backyard.. Instant death.

georgia22
  • georgia22

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Dont even try to get out your car when they're chasing you on 3+ stars because they will justt shoot you within seconds which pisses me off sooo much , before i use to try and run but now i just wait to get shot. The game would be much better with them being less like hitmen than actual police officers 

• ViceCityStalker and Foulcrumb like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Do the police ever give up? A car hit me whilst I was turning into Franklins place in the hills. The driver came out to assault me so I had no choice but to knock him out. Instant wanted level so I figured if I go inside the house I'd be fine. I went down to the end of the hallway on the lower level knowing that I can't be seen in that spot from the outside and waited patiently hoping they would go away. A cop came down the stairs and started shooting at me, I shot back and more came. Before I know it I was at four stars and they kept coming. Then it hit five stars, by that time the stairwell was clogged with cop bodies and then they started getting in through the entrance at Franklins room....

Is there any way to get them off your back when you're cornered? In the end I got bored so tried making a run for it through Franklin's room and into the backyard.. Instant death.

What?  You can't use weapons inside a safehouse.  Did they patch it?

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Maybe you can if you got a wanted level...how are you otherwise supposed to defend yourself when in your safehouse together with pissed of cops? :D

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Foulcrumb
  • Foulcrumb

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Online mode - the cops can stay aggressive as all hell.

Story mode - should be able to tone them back a bit.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:12 PM Edited by DutchGangsta, 21 February 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Has anybody noticed that when you steer, the cops also steer in that direction? This is pretty annoying when you're behind a cop car and you try to steer left to go past them, but they steer left too and block you.

• Peregrin Brandytook and MetalMilitia89 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

Has anybody noticed that when you steer, the cops also steer in that direction? This is pretty annoying when you're behind a cop car and you try to steer left to go past them, but they steer left too and block you.

This is annoying.  You know why I like the Police Riot with Franklin, right?  Cuz of his Special.  You gotta stay at full speed, if you slow down and a cop car gets in front of you, you're rampage basically comes to a halt due to the f*cking pigs cheating, literally, and doing what you described to box you in.  They also use NOS I'd assume like we can get in the Hazard Save Editor as they have the magic ability to speed up.  Those f*cking pigs...

• Luuk' likes this

Taberone
  • Taberone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

Do the cops still have the issues with 90% accuracy, rubberbanding, chasing after you for honking a horn near him/flipping him off/staring at him/taking a picture of him/getting punched and not fighting back/minor offenses and being psychic because terrorist paranoia gave them psychic powers allowing them to see crimes and discriminate against player characters?

Is LA really like that? (Cops chasing you for minor things, pedestrians calling the cops for no reasons, cops shooting to kill because you ran away)

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Play the game and find out for yourself.  Go to Los Angeles, and find out for yourself, too. ^^^

Taberone
  • Taberone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Play the game and find out for yourself.  Go to Los Angeles, and find out for yourself, too. ^^^

I cant fly all the way there.

figit090
  • figit090

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

I think the biggest thing that I would find neat would be the ability to drop stars by switching vehicles while out of view during 1 and 2 star wanted levels.  Cops aren't looking hard enough to see you switch, and that would make things a bit more fun.

Otherwise, I don't think the cops are particularly difficult except at 6 stars things get tricky and I pray to find a tunnel.  Usually works.

5 stars isn't terrible, and I've stolen tanks outside the military base and the jet took a few tries but didn't require cheats.  I have yet to look at a cheat code besides stock trading tips and I'm looking forward to running the game again with free-aim and lesser HUD tips, possibly none.  Maximum immersion!  I only hope a triple-screen option will be available for PC, that would ROCK.

I do not like heli spawning though, san andreas didn't seem quite so bad, I could blow those up as soon as they entered sight and they would disappear without explosions.  In this game even when I'm hiding on a train helicopter after helicopter comes in begging to be obliterated.  It would be nice to see a slightly more realistic spawn distance, you know...something a few miles away instead of just out of view??
However, considering how you can carry a HUGE arsenal of guns I think it would also be unfair but using EVERY rocket does kindof make you wonder where they've hidden their magic helipad..

I think Rockstar did a pretty good job making things feel "even" despite being able to carry more guns and ammo than a small group of soldiers but it is excessive on the choppers.

I do dislike the look-at-cop-receive-stars thing, but sometimes it gives me that gameplay morality I need to start some sh*t, because after all I got shot at for standing next to someone...shouldn't I start taking heads?  Wouldn't be as fun if I slapped first.

It's hard to say I'm really at all annoyed by the cops, they're competitive and having a car that would outrun cops could possibly pose spawning issues, it's probably easier on the processor for a cop to stick around than for 100's of cops to spawn everywhere as you blow by them.  who likes static cops anyway?  they reverse into your path and screw everything up, no real cop would suicide like that.

Not to mention you'd be out of the jurisdiction in about two minutes with the top level supercars, so suddenly having a cop several miles away pull up and enter the chase like he's known you forever would be just as unrealistic as one keeping up, so they perhaps figure - why not have both.

Now if they could figure out a way to let you outrun the cops and a realistic response time, you'd probably look at one or two roadblocks in the direction you were last headed, not five in any direction you head, and once you blew a few helicopters and switched directions a few times you'd be out of sight and home free.  BUT NOPE look there's another helicopter.  Does anyone know if turning off your lights helps?

So all-in-all I can't say how it could be improved besides making cops a bit harder to provoke, keeping cop cars from going after you if THEY bump you (hard to code perhaps?  doesn't happen to me much), and making one and two star wanted levels a bit less smart.  

afanofmods
  • afanofmods

Player Hater

• Members
  • Peru

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

I Really think that cop A.I stills retarded, real USA cops , are very  seriously, but rockstar didn't coded cops friendly, why all of they know you're a bad guy, you can't talk to them normally before they take out they're guns,  i think i GTAVI we need more realistic cops, and Speeding Tickets, just to make it more real, have anyone seen an LSPD Officer  stopping someone when it goes fast, so rockstar needs to improve cops sistem 

Taberone
  • Taberone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Here is a fair comparison between the LCPD and the LSPD:

LCPD:

• Simplified mechanics
  • X-Ray Vision
  • Scripted so 3 star or above wanted levels could not be escaped in a helicopter

LSPD:

• Every cop has it's own cone of vision, unlike the LCPD, which has a single large search circle
  • Can be escaped by hiding in a fixed position
  • Can be escaped in a plane or helicopter
  • More aggressive than the LCPD
  • Uses smarted tactics

Overall, despite the LSPD being more aggressive, I find them easier than the LCPD as they don't have x-ray vision, and they are possible to escape from using an aircraft.

LCPD:Chase you all day on a one star wanted level before shooting to kill. Actually quite nice guys who dont give you a wanted level for every single thing. Theres no cone of vision, only a circle, though. Compared to the LSPD, they are 5 year old cops.

LSPD:I guess LAPD cops are more brutal than NYPD cops, because they are like Saints Row 3 cops that barely even make an attempt to arrest you. (Saints row 3 cops shoot to kill. The LSPD is the same, but they atleast TRY for 20 seconds to arrest you.) Has cones of vision and the cops are all cyborgs in disguise with targeting systems from the 2080's. How else can they pistol snipe me in a chopper from that far away?

They apparently overclocked their psychic powers after 9/11 and growing terrorist paranoia, allowing them to respond to ANY CRIME, including silently stealth killing a guy from behind with a knife in the middle of a mountain with all other witnesses shot to death with a suppressed pistol. Or blowing up a car in the middle of the desert with nobody else watching or alive. Compared to the LCPD, these guys are like human ED-209's. Except you have 20 seconds to comply, they are smarter, and they have mass numbers and lack of self preservation.

Username_already_taken
  • Username_already_taken

http://gtaforums.com/

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

I think your fun is restricted because of the police, I thought I'd have a bit of fun today on a motorway by parking a bus blocking two lanes of traffic, blew all vehicles up in a chain reaction and instantly got 3 stars. A second later the chopper is above me, then further explosions happen and then I get 4 stars, and then that was it, might as well blow myself up because if you shoot the chopper down another one magically appears, and no matter where you run they appear on the map.

The other day I thought i'd cause a nightmare in the jail by jumping the fence and hiding in the lookout post stairs and shooting them as they enter, even this was impossible to survive longer than a minute. They can only enter through one door and they're too fast, somehow you seem to be getting shot before they even enter, they run in faster than light blasting more and more powerful weapons, once minute they're nowhere and the next they're practically in front of you.

Another example is when I was cruising in a plane, I jumped out and started parachute cruising, soon as the plane exploded I got 1 star. I floated to Michaels house and got 2 stars before I even touched down, as soon as I did they were right outside his house running into the back where I was, I managed to run round and get a car from the garage but when I tried to floor it out the gate somehow there was a massive traffic jam with 3 police cars right in the middle, obviously they were out their cars shooting me with their precise aiming at this time. I dunno how I did it but I managed to get away from that one without getting more stars.

Bah!

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

I maxed my lung capacity thinking it might be a good way to evade police in a pinch... Nope! Even if they have the sight cones (so they don't know where I am) and i'm 30ft underwater their boats and helis follow me every move I make until i'm forced to surface and be sighted again.

They aren't hard to lose on land but you have to go very slow and just watch the radar closely under 3 stars, 3 and over, just find an underground area.

They definitely take some of the fun out of the game for me.

restlessmind
  • restlessmind

nothing to see here

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

What?  You can't use weapons inside a safehouse.  Did they patch it?

What? Police are coming into the safehouse? But isn't it meant to be "safe"? (that's what I was thinking at the time) Yeah, when you have a wanted level you can shoot up the safehouse. Mike can even start going after his family if he's wanted.

Now the game's finished I've been having some fun with the police and I have to disagree with a lot of the comments regarding the police catching up with cars. In Franklin's car fully modded I can outrun police on quiet roads. The only problem is the police spawning in front of you. I did not notice any lacky band effect. The highway is a different deal, I think the police are spawning behind you or something as I am being chased by a buffalo and all of a sudden it's the sheriff hitting me when I get past sandy shores.

Boy they are stupid, I decided to do some exploring in Vespucci and foud some large balconies accessible by jumping on some bins and climbing up. I decided to wreak some havoc by sniping and then blowing up the ambulances, got to five star wanted level and none of the police were smart enough to get to the balcony via the rubbish bin. and the heli's were dropping off men on roofs that had no line of sight to the balcony, AND the police were getting dropped off at a higher balcony next door but weren't smart enough to jump down and even then had no line of sight. The standout went on for about an hour until I ran out of grenades and got bored of shooting helis.. good fun though

And one more thing. One one or two stars and not in sight all you need to do is get off the road.. Drive up a hill, any hill, and they're like "which way did he go?". Swap cars and they seem to stop looking. 3 stars is hard but even so all you need to do is go underground or hide in a barn (once line of sight is broken).

The worst place to be is on the highway, the second worst is on foot with no escape plan (as per Franklin's house).

But no, I quite like the difficulty level, if it were too easy I would have stopped playing already!

Obamakiller
  • Obamakiller

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

Yes they are have you tried escaping the cops on a bike u can't they run you through at 175 mph that's a good spent 7k on a bike that just gets ran over

Foulcrumb
  • Foulcrumb

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

I have a revised comment after playing for a couple days now.  The cops in story mode lose their ever loving F***ing minds at two stars.  Where online mode 4 stars are a near breeze to outwit.

restlessmind
  • restlessmind

nothing to see here

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

Yes they are have you tried escaping the cops on a bike u can't they run you through at 175 mph that's a good spent 7k on a bike that just gets ran over

Hmm. I'm starting to think I have a different copy of the game from everyone else.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

I just received two stars for blowing my horn at a cop while waiting for the light to turn green.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

The helicopter spawn rate is ridiculous.  Shoot down 2 helicopters.  5 seconds later, 2 more helicopters are right above you.

• jeanrjm likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users