Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,638 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (587 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (170 votes [28.96%])

Percentage of vote: 28.96%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (63 votes [10.73%])

Percentage of vote: 10.73%

3. No, it could be improved. (354 votes [60.31%])

Percentage of vote: 60.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

I have no trouble getting away from them, that is easy. But out in the open they have super accuracy way more than any other enemy. That is the bad part in my eye's

Yeah, you're right.  Nobody will deny their accuracy here, unless they are straight up brainless.  Cuz indeed, they do have 99% accuracy it seems and in the open sooner or later you'll die.  But the moment I reach a higher wanted level over 2 stars, I just head for a tunnel until the wanted stars go away, works 100% of the time.

It's annoying when you're trying to do something or find a car and accidently run over a cop or something, THAT is annoying cuz then you gotta waste your time and go hide, but usually there is a train tunnel, subway tunnel, or sewer close by to hide.  Or going into the water actually can lose the wanted stars if you keep diving repeatedly.

Artichoke
  • Artichoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by Artichoke, 21 December 2013 - 07:50 PM.

People complaining about cops spawning in front of you are acting pretty silly. This is not the early 1800s where there was no two way radio communication... If you keep driving down the same road constantly heading the same way. Of course cops are going to spawn ahead of you,do you think the cops chasing you aren't going to warn units up ahead? Keep taking turns, left here, right there, and you'll get away, switch a car even that helps! Also going to comment about people complaining of peds calling the cops on them just for standing. During character creation there is a choice in how much criminal activity your character participates in during the day.. If your character participates in a lot of crime then well you're probably a well known criminal and a ped will call the cops on you. Just like when you stand by cops sometimes and they attack you. You don't think one of them remembers you sticky bombing his car or shooting his partner etc?  I will agree though I don't think I deserve to get shot at because I bumped your patrol car officer. Fender bender and assault with a deadly weapon are a little different. 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

People complaining about cops spawning in front of you are acting pretty silly. This is not the early 1800s where there was no two way radio communication... If you keep driving down the same road constantly heading the same way. Of course cops are going to spawn ahead of you,do you think the cops chasing you aren't going to warn units up ahead? Keep taking turns, left here, right there, and you'll get away, switch a car even that helps! Also going to comment about people complaining of peds calling the cops on them just for standing. During character creation there is a choice in how much criminal activity your character participates in during the day.. If your character participates in a lot of crime then well you're probably a well known criminal and a ped will call the cops on you. Just like when you stand by cops sometimes and they attack you. You don't think one of them remembers you sticky bombing his car or shooting his partner etc?  I will agree though I don't think I deserve to get shot at because I bumped your patrol car officer. Fender bender and assault with a deadly weapon are a little different. 

You are one of those people who cannot face reality but make up excuses to feel better.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Yesterday I ran over an already dead body that the cops killed in a scriped police chase, got two stars and shot at by police, lolol

The system is surely flawed, and the accuracy is just wack.  But it's still managable to get away as we stated numerous times already.

Artichoke
  • Artichoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by Artichoke, 21 December 2013 - 08:21 PM.

You are one of those people who cannot face reality but make up excuses to feel better.

I can't confirm the character creation aspect of what I said so sue me for having an imagination and actually you know role playing/pretending while playing a video game, but you can hear them describing the vehicle you're driving and what general direction you are driving in countless times. So switching vehicles and direction would seem to help don't you think? I am going to again repeat wheat I said earlier and say that I still do agree with them being a little to aggressive.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

I can't confirm the character creation aspect of what I said so sue me for having an imagination and actually you know role playing/pretending while playing a video game, but you can hear them describing the vehicle you're driving and what general direction you are driving in countless times. So switching vehicles and direction would seem to help don't you think? 

I'm sure it helps, but I find it kinda funny that no matter which direction you take they always spawn cops in your way. That's just cheap AI programming, don't you think?

• Militia likes this

Artichoke
  • Artichoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by Artichoke, 21 December 2013 - 08:25 PM.

I can't confirm the character creation aspect of what I said so sue me for having an imagination and actually you know role playing/pretending while playing a video game, but you can hear them describing the vehicle you're driving and what general direction you are driving in countless times. So switching vehicles and direction would seem to help don't you think? 

I'm sure it helps, but I find it kinda funny that no matter which direction you take they always spawn cops in your way. That's just cheap AI programming, don't you think?

I guess I just never seem to have that issue, maybe its because I constantly change direction so they tend to spawn a couple streets to my left, right. I'll try and pay attention to the in your way spawns more often, maybe i'll stop changing direction so frequently. Plus 90% of the time im in LS. 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by AlexL, 21 December 2013 - 08:29 PM.

I guess I just never seem to have that issue, maybe its because I constantly change direction so they tend to spawn a couple streets to my left, right. I'll try and pay attention to the in your way spawns more often, maybe i'll stop changing direction so frequently. Plus 90% of the time im in LS. 

I'll give you a perfect example. Get 5 stars, steal a plane, fly straight and count how many police helicopters they spawn in your way until you lose your wanted level. There's no way that the cops should know exactly where you are in a plane flying at 35.000ft in order to make those magic helicopters appear out of thin air and flying straight towards you, but yet SOMEHOW they do...

• Militia likes this

Artichoke
  • Artichoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'll give you a perfect example. Get 5 stars, steal a plane, fly straight and count how many police helicopters they spawn in your way until you lose your wanted level. There's no way that the cops should know exactly where you are in a plane flying at 35.000ft in order to make those magic helicopters appear out of thin air and flying straight towards you, but yet SOMEHOW they do...

Thats a very good example, I completely forgot about flying and boats, I know exactly what you're talking about now.

• AlexL and Militia like this

diesel47
  • diesel47

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Cops are ridiculously difficult in this game and it completely KILLS all the joy you may get from this game. It's pretty much impossible to get away from cops. Once they start chasing you, it's pretty much game over for you. 

Artichoke
  • Artichoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

FYI, you can also pay lester to get rid of the heat for you. 

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Pfffff....... just hide in a dark corner behind your car. Works for me.
  • Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Pfffff....... just hide in a dark corner behind your car. Works for me.

Numerous ways to escape.  Tunnel of train, Tunnel underground for Subway.  In the water by diving repeatedly, driving up a mountain (with 1 or 2 stars) only as far the cops stop and don't continue running or driving up the mountain, and plenty more I am sure.  Just find a cubby hole, lots of places to hide!  Just gotta find them all, and memorize their location on the map like I did, helps a lot.

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

FYI, you can also pay lester to get rid of the heat for you. 

Only in Online.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

While I was rampaging around earlier I kept thinking: "This sucks, why are the police so deadly and accurate?"

Then I thought, Max Payne 3 is the same way.

If you're going to run around in the open and try to play like you did in the older games, even IV, you're going to die. But if you make use of Michael's Bullet Time, or Trevor's Red Mist, stay on the move, go behind objects or use cover, you'll do fine.

The only issue I have with the police are the helicopters instantly respawning, getting a wanted level when you shouldn't, and deadly accuracy over long distances with pistols (which is an AI issue in general).

• Militia likes this

ThePantsTent
  • ThePantsTent

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

I think a couple of the police cruisers accelerate much too quickly during chases. Other than that, the wanted level system fits in with the detail of the game

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

The choppers are not that bad.  I regularly hit the armoured trucks which gives me an instant 3 star wanted level which means snipers in choppers.  Of course I bolt straight for the underground but I have to say it's rare that my character gets shot by them.  The car has plenty of hits but I think as long as you're going fast enough the chopper is not much of a worry.  It's the cops on the ground that set up road blocks which cause you to slow down or crash that cause the damage.

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:25 AM

Drive into the subway tunnels or into the cannals and swim until the stars start flashing then join a random race. Unless you want the RP then just chill and wait. For some reason the cops don't go in the tunnels after you. They're pretty stupid.

KatanaDV20
  • KatanaDV20

PS3 Slim on 60" HDTV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

I agree that the cops are a bit overboard in GTA5

Also there is hardly any delay with them showing up **no matter how remote your current location**. You could be on one of those islands dotting the coast, in the middle of a pine forest or in the desert near a random cactus. Within less than  minute of the word going out you hear sirens  :panic:

Ridiculous. Ok this is excusable in the citys where in real life the response times ARE very fast. But out in the boonies...cmon...they should have built in a far far longer delay to them showing up.

Also highly annoying that you dont even need to overfly the military base for those bozos to get excited and come after you. I was just clattering up and down in the Buzzard OUTSIDE the fenceline and next thing I know they come after me with SAMs  :blink:

Cant wait for the PC version and a GTA5 version of Simple Trainer  :catspider:

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

Turned the game on, switched to Trevor, Instant two star wanted level already because Trevor is being chased. I haven't had the game going ten seconds before I have a two star wanted level. I manage to dodge them downtown, wanted level flashing, and I'm coming through this intersection with no cops (because, y'know, one doesn't drive at them when one wants to lose them), and as soon as I'm halfway through the intersection a cop spawns on my right and spots me. I just said "f*ck this," blew up the cop car  with a rocket and turned the game back off. 

THAT kind of sh*t is obnoxious and makes me not want to play the game. When I'm playing according to their rules and still winning so they just f*cking cheat.

• ThroatSlasher2, zielarz119 and jeanrjm like this

T24
  • T24

Second to none

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Once I almost hit a ped with my car (ALMOST, so I didn't touch her AT ALL). She called the police and they shot at me lol. They were out to kill me because I almost ran over a ped :lol:
Another time I drove past Hookies with Trevor, the bikers there shot at me, I called 911 (lol) and TAZED one of them, the police shot at me...

Lmfao, yeah. Stupid stuff like this will also happen to me.
So yeah, I can agree with you in terms of "difficulty."

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Turned the game on, switched to Trevor, Instant two star wanted level already because Trevor is being chased. I haven't had the game going ten seconds before I have a two star wanted level. I manage to dodge them downtown, wanted level flashing, and I'm coming through this intersection with no cops (because, y'know, one doesn't drive at them when one wants to lose them), and as soon as I'm halfway through the intersection a cop spawns on my right and spots me. I just said "f*ck this," blew up the cop car  with a rocket and turned the game back off. 

THAT kind of sh*t is obnoxious and makes me not want to play the game. When I'm playing according to their rules and still winning so they just f*cking cheat.

You have no idea how often that sort of sh*t occurs in my game. I happen to see police officers/cars/helicopters/boats, materialize right in front of me, (sometimes, a matter of several feet) every time I play the game nearly.

• Militia and jeanrjm like this

Rifleman1776
  • Rifleman1776

Liberty or Death

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

Yes, the cops are pretty nasty. They shoot very accurate and even with body armor you die very quickly. Unlike GTAIV where you can rampage cops for atleast 10 min or so, but in GTAV maybe 30 seconds, lol. But I like realism so yeah I guess its okay, I just wish the body armor lasted longer. I also play with free aim for ultimate realism. Quite hard at times, lol. :evilgrin:

• jeanrjm likes this

AssassinArshia
  • AssassinArshia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by AssassinArshia, 24 December 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Police AI is pretty good but wt* they know where you are even when you're not in the fuc*ing sight and sometimes when you just stand near people they call the police and when you kill them BEFORE the call police comes anyway
  • zielarz119 and jeanrjm like this

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

I agree that the cops are too difficult and how they take too long to escape. I was pretty sad on how the cops arrest you at 1 star, but if they catch you running then you just get shot at. I hope they'll just make an update where you can get arrested at any star, just  as long as you just stand still your player will just put his arms up and  surrender. But you end up in prison so either you, your friend (if your online,) or another character, (if your playing single player of course.) It would be awesome and I would definitely have fun getting arrested for once. Other then the fact that you lose your weapons and car that is. I'd say the cops are realistic when it comes to their difficulty, but the fact that they shoot you at 2+ stars makes it SOOO unrealistic. (I'm not complaining though, just expressing my feelings :). )

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:30 AM Edited by jeanrjm, 24 December 2013 - 08:20 AM.

-Their ramming is just a annoying script, note that their cars go the same way as you turn, like magnetism.
-They hit almost every shot.
-They spawn from nowhere, right on front of you even when you are out of sight, and on the less imaginable places like the horse race track (what were two cop cars doing there?).
-Your health is now lower than before.
-Notice that when you is hidden and they have not you in sight, they search near you and when almost see you, the wanted level desappears like magic.

I think R* just was lazy with wanted system, or want to annoy players, or tried to create a cheap fake sense of realism.
i don't see where that $260m gone on the development of the wanted system/police AI. Neither see where it had gone in a lot of things in this game.
The police system of GTA IV was simplier but worked. It is just leave the heat area and avoid spawning cops.

R* tried in fact to make two games at once, and delivered a problematic Online and a GTAV with only Yoga/Tennis and loads of "unfinished mechanics".

The police is important in GTA. Should be better, and work.
  • AssassinArshia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

You have no idea how often that sort of sh*t occurs in my game. I happen to see police officers/cars/helicopters/boats, materialize right in front of me, (sometimes, a matter of several feet) every time I play the game nearly.

Switched to Trevor to buy the Barracks and Crusader, yup.  Same cut-scene; Trevor on the highway running away from police.  ONE time, it was even worse, maybe it was due to the fact I had a Zion that I found on the road for the first time with Trevor, gave it to Michael.  Later on I switched back to Trevor to see how he was doing.  FOUR Police Cruisers were in front of me blocking me in as if I was the monkey in the middle.  And TWO cruisers were BEHIND me.  I nearly couldn't even escape with 6 cop cars surrounding me with TWO wanted stars.  These are the reasons I TRY to stay far away using Trevor.  Him and his meth f*ck the driving up so bad, I usually just wait for the "high" to wear off.  Him being a drunk doesn't help either, usually always wakes up in some alley drunk or doing something absolutely stupid and a waste of my time.  Even once spawned in Alamo Sea, dead in the center!  Took 5 mins to swim out of there!  He's just a waste of time to play with.  Only about 15% of the time you switch to him is he doing something "normal."  I much rather play with F or M, due to most times I switch to them, they are chilling at their safehouses on the couch, in the bed room, ironing clothing, eating, etc.  Simple normal stuff.  Not waking up on top of a building drunk with no way of getting down besides jumping off and losing health.  Trevor is by far the worst character in a GTA game, imo.  BUT one cool thing is his special and another thing he has TWO safehouses, so the more cars he can store over M and F.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

The ramming and accurate shot pissed me off at first but now im ''kinda'' oblivious towards it. What pains me most is the fact that they immediately search the area you're in, no matter how far you were when you committed the crime.

I made a grenade explode in front of Micheal's House and ran off to the LSC in Rockford Hills. Guess what ? I had to hide inside the damn store because police officers we're litterally driving up the alleys seconds after I got there. They didn't even bother going to Micheal's house. That's bullsh*t.

It doesn't matter how far you hide, what matters is the time. Time is your enemy, not the police. No matter where you hide, they'll always find you. It just depends on the mere seconds given to you to really escape. They spawn everywhere. In front of you, on the race track, in train tunnels (abso-f*ckin-lutely), and they sometimes spawn 4 cars at a 4 way intersection with no alleyways to go through. Gee, thanks game.

/rant

• Cutter De Blanc, Ermac. and jeanrjm like this

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by am30, 24 December 2013 - 05:56 PM.

I think the cops are being massively over-exagerated.  They're annoying and a bit harder than the cops in IV but they're not that bad.  I'm not the greatest gamer ever but I survive them more often than not.

shakeystylez
  • shakeystylez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hey play hard or get killed. The whole object of the game is rags to riches so only the smart and skilled survives. The more you battle the better you get. Merryweather so far has my butt frustrated.......but I'm never giving up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users