Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,638 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (589 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (171 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (63 votes [10.70%])

Percentage of vote: 10.70%

3. No, it could be improved. (355 votes [60.27%])

Percentage of vote: 60.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by 2281, 15 December 2013 - 08:47 AM.

I think my biggest pet peeve is the fact that you can still gain a wanted level when the police hit you!

I was casually driving around this evening and when I stopped at a red light, the police came out of nowhere and rear-ended me. I gained a one star wanted level for their stupidity and a second star just for driving away. 

Normally I would activate a cheat but the game punishes me by locking trophies for using Wanted Down while free roaming ( :blink: ), and even if that wasn't the case, cheats are no longer conveniently stored on your phone. Thanks to all the nostalgic boys, I have to enter that stupid code every single time I gain a wanted level I didn't deserve.

Cockstar.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Here is a fair comparison between the LCPD and the LSPD:

LCPD:

• Simplified mechanics
  • X-Ray Vision
  • Scripted so 3 star or above wanted levels could not be escaped in a helicopter

LSPD:

• Every cop has it's own cone of vision, unlike the LCPD, which has a single large search circle
  • Can be escaped by hiding in a fixed position
  • Can be escaped in a plane or helicopter
  • More aggressive than the LCPD
  • Uses smarted tactics

Overall, despite the LSPD being more aggressive, I find them easier than the LCPD as they don't have x-ray vision, and they are possible to escape from using an aircraft.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

I think my biggest pet peeve is the fact that you can still gain a wanted level when the police hit you!

I was casually driving around this evening and when I stopped at a red light, the police came out of nowhere and rear-ended me. I gained a one star wanted level for their stupidity and a second star just for driving away. 

Normally I would activate a cheat but the game punishes me by locking trophies for using Wanted Down while free roaming ( :blink: ), and even if that wasn't the case, cheats are no longer conveniently stored on your phone. Thanks to all the nostalgic boys, I have to enter that stupid code every single time I gain a wanted level I didn't deserve.

Cockstar.

Lololol, I was shooting somebody who stole money from Pitchers that I needed to get back from owned properties and I got a two star wanted level after my bullets went flying.  Thing is, the cops drove right past me and actually were trying to ram the guy who I WAS CHASING, EVEN with two stars on ME!  AFTER we (me and the cops) killed him, that is when they came after me.

Why do you cheat?  Climb up a hill, or go underground, will always get rid of the cops.  3+ stars you go underground or in a tunnel, and 1 or 2 stars you just climb a mountain, it's quite easy lol

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Jesus Christ is my Nigga

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Both the LCPD and the LSPD have xray vision. And you can most certainly avoid the helicopters at 3 stars and above in IV. Their spawn rates locations and rates are nowhere near as ridiculous as in V where they will spawn right above you and in quick succession after destroying one.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by Mikey_Navaja, 15 December 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Why do you cheat?  Climb up a hill, or go underground, will always get rid of the cops.  3+ stars you go underground or in a tunnel, and 1 or 2 stars you just climb a mountain, it's quite easy lol

Because obviously its much more convenient. You forgot to mention that it takes days for the police to give up once you're out of sight. and honestly it annoys me that the cheat only takes down ONE STAR at a time. I honestly can't tell what the difference is between 4 stars or 5 stars and I always hated the fact that 2 stars automatically turns to 3 as soon as you shoot one cop.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by Militia, 15 December 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Because obviously its much more convenient. You forgot to mention that it takes days for the police to give up once you're out of sight. and honestly it annoys me that the cheat only takes down ONE STAR at a time. I honestly can't tell what the difference is between 4 stars or 5 stars and I always hated the fact that 2 stars automatically turns to 3 as soon as you shoot one cop.

I agree, it could be more efficient.  But I don't think it takes THAT long for the wanted level to disappear.  BUT, it could be WORSE after 1.07.  I am an avid tank and lazer user within single player and have noticed that when I am trying to escape the 5 star wanted level, at the last few seconds where it SHOULD have disappeared already, a random helicopter will always appear and my blinking 5 star wanted level will go back to fully solid, and the cycle will repeat past a few helicopters.  Not to mention, I am in the middle of the sea near the airport when this happens.  The cops system is bad enough the way it is now, Patch 1.07 only made it worse.  I don't think the system will be fixed ever, or anytime soon.  I just expect it now a days.  Rockstar surely went downhill with this game.  Totally lost my respect for them.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

I agree, it could be more efficient.  But I don't think it takes THAT long for the wanted level to disappear.  BUT, it could be WORSE after 1.07.  I am an avid tank and lazer user within single player and have noticed that when I am trying to escape the 5 star wanted level, at the last few seconds where it SHOULD have disappeared already, a random helicopter will always appear and my blinking 5 star wanted level will go back to fully solid, and the cycle will repear past a few helicopters.  Not to mention, I am in the middle of the sea near the airport when this happens.  The cops system is bad enough the way it is now, Patch 1.07 only made it worse.  I don't think the system will be fixed ever, or anytime soon.  I just expect it now a days.  Rockstar surely went downhill with this game.  Totally lost my respect for them.

Yes! I f*cking hate when they spawn helicopters in FRONT of me, like how the hell do they know in which direction and altitude I'm flying at??

• Militia likes this

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

For me, they're not so much too difficult as they are just too bleedin persistent.  Out running them is a piece of p!ss but (depending on where you are) hiding from them for long enough can be tricky.  Plus, it's far too easy to get a wanted level.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

I agree, it could be more efficient.  But I don't think it takes THAT long for the wanted level to disappear.  BUT, it could be WORSE after 1.07.  I am an avid tank and lazer user within single player and have noticed that when I am trying to escape the 5 star wanted level, at the last few seconds where it SHOULD have disappeared already, a random helicopter will always appear and my blinking 5 star wanted level will go back to fully solid, and the cycle will repear past a few helicopters.  Not to mention, I am in the middle of the sea near the airport when this happens.  The cops system is bad enough the way it is now, Patch 1.07 only made it worse.  I don't think the system will be fixed ever, or anytime soon.  I just expect it now a days.  Rockstar surely went downhill with this game.  Totally lost my respect for them.

Yes! I f*cking hate when they spawn helicopters in FRONT of me, like how the hell do they know in which direction and altitude I'm flying at??

This happened before 1.07 was implemented, but not as nearly as bad as it it now.  It takes 10 minutes for me to lose the 5 stars now after 1.07, took 5 minutes before, they only made it DOUBLE in length and the game went DOUBLE downhill for my liking.  I am beginning to sound like all the complainers here on the forum obsessing over MP.  Even SP is getting f*cked up now.  My vehicle plates are f*cked as well, and the bullet proof tire option keeps coming back in LSC.  I put them on my vehicle, save it, turn it back on, go back to LSC, and it's as if I never put them on in the first place.  Good game slowly going down the drain.  Didn't even bother playing it today, only hung out here on the forum venting lol

• AlexL likes this

Wolficide
  • Wolficide

Wolf.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

To be honest with you I don't think it is the cops I think its how fast you die in this game. You take barely any damage and then you die. GTA IV had more heath and less time to die. :miranda:  <----------- You die from that to easily too. Next thing you know one hit kills everywhere  :panic:  :sui:

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Cockstar.

Exactly. That is why I want to cheat. I'm in the middle of Los Santos minding my own business then suddenly I have to go hide? Oh please. :sigh:

Not to mention that the police follow you anyway, even when you've been out of sight for a while, or never been in sight. I destroyed a bus at the Dashound depot and gained one star, so I did the responsible thing and went to hide in the rail yard. Not once was I in their line of sight. I hid behind a boxcar and observed as they stopped on the highway, hopped the fence, and came running straight for the boxcar I was hiding behind.  :/

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

I hate the f*cking cops in this game so broken and unrealistic. Ruins any fun. It is absolutely no fun at all fighting the cops like past GTAs. Now its just a nuicance and a chore. I did have the pleasure of watching that stupid female sheriff by the sand shores hospital scream while having her throat ripped out by a wild pit bull. Serves he right, f*ckin c*nt

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:31 AM Edited by GamerShotgun, 16 December 2013 - 06:33 AM.

There's a scene in on of the South Park episodes, which describes GTA V's police department in general...

Also, they are so retarded, they keep remindig me of this scene... 

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

And you can most certainly avoid the helicopters at 3 stars and above in IV.

I never said you can't avoid them, I said that it is impossible to escape a 3 star or higher wanted level in GTA IV while flying a helicopter yourself, the game was scripted that way.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

I never said you can't avoid them, I said that it is impossible to escape a 3 star or higher wanted level in GTA IV while flying a helicopter yourself, the game was scripted that way.

Imo, GTA V is the same way, get inside a Buzzard Attack Chopper, try flying super high up in altitude, or far out in the ocean.  Cop Helicopters will continue to spawn around you and firing at you.  More than likely what will happen is your Buzzard Attack Chopper will be shot full of holes too much and will just go down and crash and burn.  The only way imo to escape in GTA V in the AIR is with a Lazer.  On the ground, the subway tunnels underground, or the train tunnels.  Seems to really be the only way to escape in this game, lol, one or two stars is easy, even three, but when you get to 4 and 5, there is occasionally some problems.

killerj167
  • killerj167

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

The police are fine I like the way they act (besides for the obvious stuff) but it takes to long to get away from them. When you are just starring a screen waiting for the cops to go away 2 minutes feels like a long long time. They should reduce it down.

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

This game just plain sucks. The terminator cops are only a fraction of this sh*tty game's problems.

Oh f*ck off, do you want R* to dumb the game down for little idiots like you?

It honestly doesn't get any dumber than it already is, genius.

unfairlane
  • unfairlane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Depends on how streetsmart you are. If they`re on me inside citystreets it is easy to follow the railroadtrack into the subway. First thing I do is to maximise lungcapasity and use it to escape cops, they`re bad divers.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Depends on how streetsmart you are. If they`re on me inside citystreets it is easy to follow the railroadtrack into the subway. First thing I do is to maximise lungcapasity and use it to escape cops, they`re bad divers.

Lol, I've done this also in the past.  I crashed my Lazer in the ocean, Police Predator boats all around me, and helicopters above me, I somehow managed to keep diving and coming up to breath and actually lose 5 star wanted level just by diving repeatedly.  It only happened one time, other times I tried this, they shot me and I died.

BigIce17
  • BigIce17

A Righteous Yout

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

God damn people are rude. But @ Op, I kinda agree man. Its annoying how hard they go so fast. Online its just stupid. Idk why supressors have no god damn effect apparently when in a public lobby.

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

They can't be that bad.  I just drove past a police station in a Baller I'd just jacked and they didn't even bat an eye lid!

Doggydog08
  • Doggydog08

Forumer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

You've seen sh*tloads of comments saying the police is fine? that also means you've seen a sh*tload of threads whining about the police, so exactly why the f did you feel the need to post another one?

I'm sorry sir. In future I'll try not to share my experience of Grand Theft Auto V on a forum about Grand Theft Auto V. After all it is against the rules to critisize anything about this game whatsoever...

Yeah exactly, I did indeed tell you critique is not allowed *rollseye*

OMG I think I just found the first person able to roll a eye singularly..

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Imo, GTA V is the same way, get inside a Buzzard Attack Chopper, try flying super high up in altitude, or far out in the ocean.  Cop Helicopters will continue to spawn around you and firing at you.  More than likely what will happen is your Buzzard Attack Chopper will be shot full of holes too much and will just go down and crash and burn.  The only way imo to escape in GTA V in the AIR is with a Lazer.  On the ground, the subway tunnels underground, or the train tunnels.  Seems to really be the only way to escape in this game, lol, one or two stars is easy, even three, but when you get to 4 and 5, there is occasionally some problems.

It' hard but it's possible, you just have to keep an eye on the radar and avoid the Police Mavericks, in GTA IV, the game was scripted so that you simply could not escape from the cops using a helicopter.
This can be proven by sniping the pilot of the Police Maverick (in GTA IV) when it is flying low so that if falls to the ground without being damaged (this is the same method used to obtain a Police Maverick in GTA IV as it does not spawn anywhere else), the helicopter will still be considered 'hot' by the game, go and steal a helicopter which is inside the search radius (if you can't find one, spawn an Annihilator using cheats), and fly around and you will see that you can never loose the cops.

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by NeedleBanger, 21 December 2013 - 05:41 PM.

I like the police, even the ease of becomeing wanted. Yes, it's over the top... Being killed for trying to talk to a cop? f*cking hilarious! I really don't mind them coming after me for silly things, being wanted is half the fun of GTA for me.

And these are they types of people who inhabit the earth. What a f*ckin stick you are.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

I disagree with your opinion.

Why is that? 

Police cars can suddenly just speed up and ram the back of your car. That isn't realistic and simply sucks. Even in a very fast car, the police cars are even faster. I once tried to escape in a L.S police car and the other police vehicles were faster. Even though I can't escape from police helicopters, it is very realistic and it's good to get a chase. Although it can be very annoying if you have planned to do something and you've accidentally hit a police car. The helicopters will automatically come out from the invisible space and get you.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

I don't mind the police, either, NeedleBanger.  What do you gotta say about that?

Can't shake the cops off?  Maybe you just suck plain and simple at GTA V.

gixxerific
  • gixxerific

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yes i say they are too hash. Here is my reasoning, as Trevor with full armor I can do a "Rampage" mission standing out in the middle of the street with no worries and get through it every time just fine.

If I was do that with the same character and armor I would be dead in just a few seconds with 1/10 the number of police on me.

Just saying! :cool:

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Come on, just go to the subway or sewer and wait out. How easy is that? You can easily escape every wanted level with it.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Come on, just go to the subway or sewer and wait out. How easy is that? You can easily escape every wanted level with it.

People don't use their brains!  They just think, get in a fast car and speed away with no direction whatsoever.  Getting away from the cops is all about strategy.  Which some youngsters clearly do not have.

gixxerific
  • gixxerific

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have no trouble getting away from them, that is easy. But out in the open they have super accuracy way more than any other enemy. That is the bad part in my eye's

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users