Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,743 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (699 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (180 votes [25.75%])

Percentage of vote: 25.75%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (82 votes [11.73%])

Percentage of vote: 11.73%

3. No, it could be improved. (437 votes [62.52%])

Percentage of vote: 62.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by zielarz119, 14 December 2013 - 05:50 AM.

Anyone who doubts the "magic police" thing should just steal a fighter jet from the military base. You can WATCH the choppers on the radar, spawning around you as you fly. You can dodge their cones of vision, of course, but it's proof enough that it's happening. 

I understand that line of sight is expensive when you have a lot of enemies looking past a lot of potential obstructions. That doesn't give you an excuse to program in telekinesis and teleportation so line of sight doesn't have to be calculated at all.

I also think it would be completely reasonable to expect that the police should show up at the place of the report - not the place of the person who committed the crime. Imagine how the JFK assassination would have gone down if real police worked like this!

I was flying fighter jet through ocean at 4 stars and the police maverick was spawning over and over next to me, EVERY F*CKING 10 SECONDS THE CHOPPER DISAPPEARED AND SPAWN RIGHT NEXT TO ME (I was above clouds so we didn't see each other but still it shows this game is broken, even in GTA SA the police mavericks didn't spawn like this)

gtaismyman
  • gtaismyman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:56 AM

GTA IV cops is the best nuff said

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:05 AM Edited by GamerShotgun, 14 December 2013 - 06:06 AM.

To be honest, patch by patch, it seems to me that they are making things even worse regarding cops. I mean..yesterday I've decided to replay one of the strangers & freaks missions, and it was a pain in the ass, due to me having a 2 star wanted level, and literally 20 cop cars were in my ass, and they'd constantly try to get me off of the road, which needless to say, was quite successful on their part... y'know... cuz they have SUPER f*ckING CARS AND AIM LIKE SPECIAL FORCES WHILE EATING DOUGHNUTS AND DRIVING WITH THEIR f*ckING FEET.

I can remember clearly that the mission which took me 10-15 minutes (losing cops in this game is... well, dunno the right expression for this), was only 3-5 mins on the first try. omfg...

• Palikari likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

I totally agree with you.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

the only thing that will fix this is the release of GTA 5 on PC. Rockstar made their millions already they don't care they have made that very very clear.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

The main problem is that police simply SPAWNS around you. There is no patrol route that you can perhaps VAGUELY learn, there is no pattern or logic behind the police. They just spawn wherever the f*ck they feel like they wanna spawn. And even if they spawn WAY ahead of you, they'll track you the f*ck down no matter how elaborate and clever your hiding spot is. 

It is absolutely fascinating, how hard the police is screwed and downright broken. The police in IV was a bit easy, but at least they were actually kind of fun to deal with. 

In V, two and three stars are way more common than one star for petty crimes. And that's a problem. 

I'm sure this has been complained to death already. None of the cops in any of the GTAs are that good. But the cops in V are simply not human... I mean, they aren't programmed to be human. You know what I mean. 

• Osho likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Well at least in GTA IV, the windshield ejections wouldn't abruptly end on a f*cking sad note of: 

'' Me, starring at my character flying in mid-air, in slo-motion, while the f*cking WASTED screen pops in my face with that weird bird clock coucou type of thing. ''

Am I the only one who hears something like that when you die  ? Like a bell or something ?

I never heard that, haha.  It makes a noise, though, but not a bell/coucou sound, I don't think so at least.

Give me a seatbelt so I can drive at top speeds and hit anything I like without flying through the windshield.  If my car is damaged enough, I'll get out and steal another, lol.  I don't even use any personal saved and stored vehicles, I always just resort to stealing them off the street.  Only for a session without saving do I sometimes take out my vehicles for a spin.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

@AlexL: Well the ramming is controlled by a weird rubberbanding or acceleration. If you get chased by cops (2 or 3 stars), hop in one of their vehicles, and take a look in cinematic view in slow motion. You'll see the cop chasing you (in the same car model) accelerate juuuuust a little tad faster. It's like every 6-7 ft, it gets a little boost. Like god is slightly pushing the car towards me, saying ''Come on, get the f*cker''.

I really wonder why they gave this rubber band ability to the cops. What were the devs thinking? This ain't NFS

• Choco Taco and Militia like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

^, even after you nearly cripple and explode a cop car inside your tank, it will still have the ability to ram you.  Prob can do it even withOUT tires.  The police, yet again, as we keep saying over and over are annoying and rediculous, but tolerable.  Like I said numerous times as well, I don't get wanted unless I am trying to, so it's not really that big of a deal to me.

Also, when cops ram my tank, they don't seem to explode.  What usually happens is the nose of their vehicle dips down and their back end goes up, as if they are doing a handstand on the front bumper, lol.  They NEVER explode, I have yet to actually see this happen.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

^, even after you nearly cripple and explode a cop car inside your tank, it will still have the ability to ram you.  Prob can do it even withOUT tires.  The police, yet again, as we keep saying over and over are annoying and rediculous, but tolerable.  Like I said numerous times as well, I don't get wanted unless I am trying to, so it's not really that big of a deal to me.

Also, when cops ram my tank, they don't seem to explode.  What usually happens is the nose of their vehicle dips down and their back end goes up, as if they are doing a handstand on the front bumper, lol.  They NEVER explode, I have yet to actually see this happen.

Yeah, seems like they have to get close to you in order to activate their magic invisible rocket boosters.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, seems like they have to get close to you in order to activate their magic invisible rocket boosters.

Yeah, if you're looking in your camera view behind you, they are like 10-15 feet away and THAT is when they use the boost it seems.  You don't even need to be looking in the camera view and it will still happen when they get close enough.  Idk what Rockstar was thinking.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:48 PM Edited by gtafan899, 14 December 2013 - 01:49 PM.

they are like robocop. lol  :lol:

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Another thing that they downgraded for V. They could've at least used the witness system from RDR, but no. What's the point of the stealth skill outside of missions if the cops always know where you are when you shoot someone, even if you're hiding with a silenced sniper?

Then theres' this bullsh*t: if I'm driving through LS and I simply bump into someone with my car, I get a wanted level STRAIGHT AWAY. Seriously. Literally less than 1 second for me to get a wanted, even if there's no cops around, and no witnesses around. Try it yourself. Even in IV you could hit at least 5 people with your car before you got a wanted.

You must have a broken game. I've shot so many people in the desert with no witnesses or silencers on my guns, no stars. I think LS is just bugged. 

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

GTA V cops need some patch.

Just today I shot ONE guy, ONE! On mnt chilliad and got a star. 

Later, I had cops finding me while they should not of been able too. Cops also have magic 1 hit kill, police helis have 99.9% accuracy with snipers, etc.

Whoever at rockstar coded these joker police needs fired and the more realistic cops from IV need to be developed again for a patch.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Another thing that they downgraded for V. They could've at least used the witness system from RDR, but no. What's the point of the stealth skill outside of missions if the cops always know where you are when you shoot someone, even if you're hiding with a silenced sniper?

Then theres' this bullsh*t: if I'm driving through LS and I simply bump into someone with my car, I get a wanted level STRAIGHT AWAY. Seriously. Literally less than 1 second for me to get a wanted, even if there's no cops around, and no witnesses around. Try it yourself. Even in IV you could hit at least 5 people with your car before you got a wanted.

You must have a broken game. I've shot so many people in the desert with no witnesses or silencers on my guns, no stars. I think LS is just bugged. 

It's more the kill/minute ratio that's kinda f*cked. You could be on an island, far away from main land and kill straight away 3 pedestrians and you'd be wanted. You would even see the police boats spawn halfway between the map and the island you're on.

I am telling this because it did, in fact, happen to me. Anyway, everyone seems to have a different experience when it comes to this.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Whilst I was using Michael nearby to grab a case of cash, I decided to bust into the military airfield, with invincibility of course :lol: The curious thing is, how did you survive so long in your tank, (if it is paper) w/ other tanks shooting at you?!

After I finally got down the runway near to a hanger my car was blown up in like 2 seconds because magically tanks appeared out of nowhere and so I was on foot then and of course tanks firing away, running over Michael. One of the tank drivers got out so I jumped in his tank and was taking fire from all angles, foot, at least one other tank, helis, clearly as I had full stars out in the open, jeeps running into my tank, really didnt do anything more than what tends to happen when I'm in the bull dozer. It def didnt stop my progression...

It does get a *bump* but nothing more, the tank wasnt taking any visible damage, I managed to drive down the runway back around to the right, then to the left hitting the barricade at the guard house because the tanks are a bit awkward, so got straightened out, I drove down the way to the main highway, all that time taking all that fire and my tank was ok. I got rid of the cops, letting the small fire on the back of the tank go out and finally driving along and shooting ped vehicles, 2 exploded on impact, some near to the tank etc, somehow my tank got stuck. I'm guessing it allows the tracks to be *destroyed* so the tank ends up being like a car where its tires are shot. Anyway, cops kept showing up, about the 6th cop vehicle that I blew up, finally the gun blew off the tank, it was dead.

Honestly, that took a lot more damage than *paper* would. The Rhino tanks were pretty strong but werent invincible either, just more so than these. Most of the vehicles in V are just all wrong anyway. A 3000lb mini impacting a 15000lb dump truck @ an avg speed of 40mph, should do a lot more damage to the mini and a lot less to the dump truck, the truck shouldnt be pushed around by it... I think the dozer and the time I had in the tank were at least a little more realistic than the others.

It was really bad getting one of the huge dump trucks from the quarry and only after running over one or two cars that blew, it explodes. In real life that might actually happen too but really, they should increase its damage threshold, because you cant help but run OVER cars w/ something as tall as a 3, 4 story building... But again, if they come out w/ the game on PC @ some point AND its remains mod friendly, we can fix some of this unrealistic handling etc.

It makes me wonder IF R* got *messy* w/ the cop AI is that the only time you see cops now is the random vehicle chase and those parked @ random along the highway...

In IV they used to be cruising around town and on foot. We dont see that now, maybe that is why they're more aggressive and apparently, *expert* marksman :whuh:

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

@Militia: Oh don't worry, they explode good with me. They could fire rockets you know, but nah, they prefer to drive at 50 mph into my ass and kamikaze their way into saving the day and 'Merica.

• Militia likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

@Militia: Oh don't worry, they explode good with me. They could fire rockets you know, but nah, they prefer to drive at 50 mph into my ass and kamikaze their way into saving the day and 'Merica.

They also blew up my plane once while I was taking off.

• Militia likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

The main problem is that police simply SPAWNS around you. There is no patrol route that you can perhaps VAGUELY learn, there is no pattern or logic behind the police. They just spawn wherever the f*ck they feel like they wanna spawn. And even if they spawn WAY ahead of you, they'll track you the f*ck down no matter how elaborate and clever your hiding spot is. 

It is absolutely fascinating, how hard the police is screwed and downright broken. The police in IV was a bit easy, but at least they were actually kind of fun to deal with. 

In V, two and three stars are way more common than one star for petty crimes. And that's a problem. 

I'm sure this has been complained to death already. None of the cops in any of the GTAs are that good. But the cops in V are simply not human... I mean, they aren't programmed to be human. You know what I mean. 

All the cops are Agent Smith

agent_smith.jpg

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by Militia, 14 December 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Whilst I was using Michael nearby to grab a case of cash, I decided to bust into the military airfield, with invincibility of course :lol: The curious thing is, how did you survive so long in your tank, (if it is paper) w/ other tanks shooting at you?!

After I finally got down the runway near to a hanger my car was blown up in like 2 seconds because magically tanks appeared out of nowhere and so I was on foot then and of course tanks firing away, running over Michael. One of the tank drivers got out so I jumped in his tank and was taking fire from all angles, foot, at least one other tank, helis, clearly as I had full stars out in the open, jeeps running into my tank, really didnt do anything more than what tends to happen when I'm in the bull dozer. It def didnt stop my progression...

It does get a *bump* but nothing more, the tank wasnt taking any visible damage, I managed to drive down the runway back around to the right, then to the left hitting the barricade at the guard house because the tanks are a bit awkward, so got straightened out, I drove down the way to the main highway, all that time taking all that fire and my tank was ok. I got rid of the cops, letting the small fire on the back of the tank go out and finally driving along and shooting ped vehicles, 2 exploded on impact, some near to the tank etc, somehow my tank got stuck. I'm guessing it allows the tracks to be *destroyed* so the tank ends up being like a car where its tires are shot. Anyway, cops kept showing up, about the 6th cop vehicle that I blew up, finally the gun blew off the tank, it was dead.

Honestly, that took a lot more damage than *paper* would. The Rhino tanks were pretty strong but werent invincible either, just more so than these. Most of the vehicles in V are just all wrong anyway. A 3000lb mini impacting a 15000lb dump truck @ an avg speed of 40mph, should do a lot more damage to the mini and a lot less to the dump truck, the truck shouldnt be pushed around by it... I think the dozer and the time I had in the tank were at least a little more realistic than the others.

It was really bad getting one of the huge dump trucks from the quarry and only after running over one or two cars that blew, it explodes. In real life that might actually happen too but really, they should increase its damage threshold, because you cant help but run OVER cars w/ something as tall as a 3, 4 story building... But again, if they come out w/ the game on PC @ some point AND its remains mod friendly, we can fix some of this unrealistic handling etc.

It makes me wonder IF R* got *messy* w/ the cop AI is that the only time you see cops now is the random vehicle chase and those parked @ random along the highway...

In IV they used to be cruising around town and on foot. We dont see that now, maybe that is why they're more aggressive and apparently, *expert* marksman :whuh:

And all of this could of happened in UNDER 20 minutes, which is the life of the tank.  Check Youtube.  Nobody has lasted more than 19 minutes.  If you're out in the open, you're dead within as little as 4 minutes to 19 minutes.  Stay in your hanger and you can last for unlimited amount of time. The Lazer also gets no "visible" damage to it, nor does the tank - UNTIL you see the tons of black smoke coming from both back ends of both vehicles, then it's a matter of seconds until you crash and burn.  They sure are made out a weak material.  There is no way you're gonna tell me you can run over more than 4 vehicles, take fire from helicopters, and survive in the tank longer than 20 minutes, it's not possible.  It just isn't.  And using invincibility cheat most likely effects the health of your vehicles, along with your character.  I don't cheat, I just use the paper-made tank.

Edit: You actually managed to get the tank to stop being on fire?  Lol, everytime mine catches fire by the wheel/tracks/belt thingy it's literally a matter of 15 seconds until it blows up on me.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 14 December 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Oh god. I made a quick U-turn in Franklin's Buffalo and was amused by the way the bushes in the middle part of the road would make way for my car to be.

It seems a Gruppe6 security guard did not like the roughness of my U-turn and decided to get out of his van to tell me so. Im not really sure what he said but I think I head: ''Get outta the car sir.''

As I made my way out of the vehicle, he proceeded to hit me with his nightstick. Directly, I was at half health, the shock also made him go down. We both got up at the same time and I tried to punch him. He immediately hit me once more and there I was, dead on the road.

You have no idea how hard I must try right now, to resist the urge to throw the game out of my house and into a fiery inferno.  :miranda:

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Oh god. I made a quick U-turn in Franklin's Buffalo and was amused by the way the bushes in the middle part of the road would make way for my car to be.

It seems a Gruppe6 security car did not like the roughness of my U-turn and decided to get out of his van to tell me so. Im not really sure what he said but I think I head: ''Get outta the car sir.''

As I made my way out of the vehicle, he proceeded to hit me with his nightstick. Directly, I was at half health, the shock also made him go down. We both got up at the same time and I tried to punch him. He immediately hit me once more and there I was, dead on the road.

You have no idea how hard I must try right now, to resist the urge to throw the game out of my house and into a fiery inferno.  :miranda:

Dude, I also notice the bushes and other boxes and sh*t in the middle of the roads in grassy areas randomly de-spawn when I am driving fast or making a sharp turn, f*cking glitchy as hell lol

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Dude, I also notice the bushes and other boxes and sh*t in the middle of the roads in grassy areas randomly de-spawn when I am driving fast or making a sharp turn, f*cking glitchy as hell lol

Well, that's 7 year old hardware for ya.

• Militia likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

My nose is bleeding. Is my nose bleeding ?

No not yet.

Argh, come on !

If you are a GTA IV fan, you should know what I am talking about.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

When you guys use the tank, does the fire go out?  When I use my tank, if it has fire near the wheel/track/belt thingy, it's blowing up in 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 seconds lol, no lie.  15 is all I get once it catches fire.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

When you guys use the tank, does the fire go out?  When I use my tank, if it has fire near the wheel/track/belt thingy, it's blowing up in 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 seconds lol, no lie.  15 is all I get once it catches fire.

Nah, it dosen't go out unless you drive in water.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Nah, it dosen't go out unless you drive in water.

The guy above with the wall of text says his went out, but he's using invincibility cheat, so like I said above to his reply, that is probably why he lasted "long" and thought the tank was good.  It's not good if you DO NOT cheat.  The tank is paper garbage, unless you stay under the hanger and camp like a f*cking moron.  Sure, I do this now, why?  Only to get my tank useage in.  It's f*cking pathetic going outside the hanger and blowing up in a few minutes, might as well not even have a tank in the game if that's the case.  But since there is a hanger with an overhead so you won't be shot by helicopters it's what I been doing lately.  Get 5 stars INSIDE the hanger, continue to blow sh*t up maybe for 15 minutes having "target practice" shooting the cop cars really far in the distance (which is quite hard to do, and when you do nail them dead on you see them go flying lol).  It's boring staying in one area though, when I get bored, THAT is when I take it outside in the airport and shoot down a few helicopters just to watch 3 more spawn right next to me, lol.  One time I made a sharp turn with the tank, it flipped over!  Like wtf, it's garage vehicle.

• AlexL likes this

Jedi the SITH
  • Jedi the SITH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

The only thing difficult about the cops is NOT auto-aiming on them when ur trying to shoot anutha player. It's annoying when I spin 180 degrees and my crosshair goes to the cop behind me instead of just locking on the player that's right in front of me. Thank god there's free aim.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by Costar, 14 December 2013 - 09:49 PM.

@ Militia, No it was definitely less than 20 mins, I never gave a time frame nor said it would last forever. I was just stating what happened. With 1 or 2 cars exploding under it, the huge dump truck didnt last 10 seconds. The fact that tanks were shooting at this tank, it already had some small fire on it, from all the weapons fire going on around my character, I thought maybe that is one reason the driver in that tank bailed and so I took it. From that point on I stated precisely what happened.

As for the fire I let go out, what I had said was "...letting the small fire on the back of the tank go out...", I did not say anything along the lines of, nor did I give an impression of - it was massive, it was billowing black smoke but I made it last for hours... No need to imply things I didnt say, nor infer, to make your point.

To say, I said it "lasted long" <- as tho that is something you can determine without a specified time frame or that "it was good" is something you made up in your mind. Furthermore, the invincibility cheat does NOTHING to your vehicle health, you would know that, if you ever used it, or even did a quick search on it.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

@ Militia, No it was definitely less than 20 mins, I never gave a time frame nor said it would last forever. I was just stating what happened. With 1 or 2 cars exploding under it, the huge dump truck didnt last 10 seconds. The fact that tanks were shooting at this tank, it already had some small fire on it, from all the weapons fire going on around my character, I thought maybe that is one reason the driver in that tank bailed and so I took it. From that point on I stated precisely what happened.

As for the fire I let go out, what I had said was "...letting the small fire on the back of the tank go out...", I did not say anything along the lines of, nor did I give an impression of - it was massive, it was billowing black smoke but I made it last for hours... No need to imply things I didnt say, nor infer, to make your point.

To say, I said it "lasted long" <- as tho that is something you can determine without a specified time frame or that "it was good" is something you made up in your mind. Furthermore, the invincibility cheat does NOTHING to your vehicle health, you would know that, if you ever used it, or even did a quick search on it.

I guess your definition of long is not much then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users