Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,785 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (800 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (189 votes [23.62%])

Percentage of vote: 23.62%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (98 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

3. No, it could be improved. (513 votes [64.12%])

Percentage of vote: 64.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The Khamelion
  • The Khamelion

The Drifter

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

I would actually just like to point out that the cops randomly upping their aggression from one to two stars for no reason is not a new thing.... I was playing IV earlier and realized that if you climb on top of an SUV with one star the police will swarm the vehicle and try to arrest you but cannot reach you and therefore cannot arrest you. I was laughing at them for about a minute when suddenly I got another star and they opened fire.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

Less the difficulty and UP the ammount of police on you.

otherwise than that, that's just a suggestion. I think it's fine. In fact, they need tanks like all the old school gta's. Maybe they should add another star so that the people with tanks gets killed by other the police with tanks

there is a great ammount of police officers already.. enter an ammunation, start a shootout with them.. it is impossible to leave the store to a getaway car.. there is an infinite number of cops. when you kill 1, 5 already spawned..

they should put more police departments in game, and patrolling vehicles, and the police ONLY chase you from wherever they are, or dispatch from the PDs. not just spawn nearby you.

kingkole02
  • kingkole02

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

I find the police annoying.  For example you steal a car they chase you.  You drive several miles away out of police sight, dump the car and run over or around several buildings to hide.  All of a sudden cops show up and run around to the back where you are.  How do they know I am there?

In a real life scenario this would not be the case.  You would loose sight with the police and they wouldn't be able to find you unless they knew which direction to look.  Certainly they are not going to go up to a random building and search it unless a large force is required and you are a high security risk target.

Loosing a 1-2 star level should be easier.

Loosing a 3 should be about the same for the ground police but the choppers.  How do they see me inside Trevors garage when they didn't see me go in??  How do they see me under an overpass, or under any structure for that matter??

Loosing 4-5 are about the same or should be.  I held the police off for 10-15 minutes in this level, just need to find a spot to lay low after that.  Yet when your wanted by the whole map, that is harder in the game.

GrandTheftNine
  • GrandTheftNine

Sit down and Relax, you'll feel better!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Doing a small test on the wanted level.

I was driving a car and shot a women who over took me. I get a instant wanted star and police start poring out of nowhere. 

The PDR (Police Dispatch Radio said it was a "Citizen's report but it's physically impossible to call the cops that fast and have them sent to the area)

Of course there were people around, no one called the cops, The best that should happen is

* If you kill someone you have 5-10 seconds to escape or end the person who will call the cops

* Use a Weapon with a Silencer on it and as soon as your suspect/threat is down, run off.

But the game is a bit unrealistic with the wanted level.  

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Zaibatsu
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

They are not really difficult to get rid of,you just have to know the best hiding spots troughout San Andreas

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

The police ruin this game and that's the bottom line. You are literally ALWAYS running from someone in this game. If it's not some other idiot online, it's always the police. I was trying to take a pic of something in the game and some AI model was blocking the picture, so I punched him to make him run away and I had 2 stars on me before he hit the ground. Sh*t like that happens 24/7 in worthless GTA 5.

The cops are at a 7 when they need to be at a 4.

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

Commissioner Revenge x 3

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

They r cannon fodder for my tank, i just back it up into a hanger and let the games begin. Target practice, the hanger covers my rear, flanks and celing from enemy fire, u get 4 noose kills and 2 cops kills 4 every vehicle you make go boom. :panic:

• Pavle and MetalMilitia89 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

They r cannon fodder for my tank, i just back it up into a hanger and let the games begin. Target practice, the hanger covers my rear, flanks and celing from enemy fire, u get 4 noose kills and 2 cops kills 4 every vehicle you make go boom. :panic:

LOLOL, I started doing this just two days ago too!  Why?  Camping is lame?  Well, because everytime you take your tank out of the hanger, you get shot full of holes or accidently run over a police car when you're trying to shoot at the helicopters and die within 5 minutes, 20 tops.  It is kinda lame to just sit there, it gets boring as hell after a while, I only can stand an hour sitting down to play in the tank inside the hanger.  But I don't JUST sit there, I do go out occasionally because I like blowing up the helicopters while I am trying to drive, makes it much more of a challenge to last long.  Just about 5 hours ago today, I was doing this very thing.  I would get the five stars on me INSIDE the hanger, then take it out for like 5 minutes to blow up the helicopters that continuously spawn all around you, and re-enter the hanger, I could prob last hours doing this, but like I said, it gets boring.  BUT, BUT, BUT, it's still a lot better than getting in your tank, and die in a couple minutes just for running over a car.  I miss the tank in GTA III and Vice City man, damn near invincible and so fun to turn the tank cannon around and use it as a speed booster.  Lol

But honestly, I don't think the police are bad at all, I don't really do dumb sh*t within the game but cruise around and explore (now that I have 100% the game, bought all properties, full stats, all 42 cars in impounds, garages, safehouse garages, and helipad/hanger filled) the map and still finding cool stuff out.  The only time I get wanted is when I am TRYING to get wanted or if I do dumb sh*t, like run into bikers and motorcycles on the road, I don't shoot the cops or other people, stealing a car with a cop standing right next to me at the impound, etc.  All this stuff can be avoided, the only time I mainly get wanted is when I am trying and using my Lazer, Tank, or Police Riot.  Seeing how long I last with 5 star wanted level and so far, inside the Lazer, I've gone 30 minutes.  Inside the Tank, I've gone for an hour (only when inside the hanger and coming out for short periods of time without running over cop cars), and inside the Police Riot, I've gone a little over two hours.  By far is this the best vehicle to obtain if you want to cause chaos and destruction with 5 stars on you.  The Police Riot is completely bulletproof, all sidings, all windows, everything, except the wheels.  If you save one of these at the strip club as Trevor, and go inside it without any body armor, it gives it to you, full armor.  I've also tested the Police Transporter Van, it's awful, I get BLOWN up (as it's not fully bulletproof) within maybe 30 minutes, and it's slower than the Police Riot.  If you're looking for something to do other than use your tank, get a Riot Truck, it's badass and can be saved in single player at T's strip club.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

A week or so ago, I went on a deadly rampage in a tank is LS and killed about 1000 policemen in 15 hrs (in-game), it was really fun. And there's a reason why I learned the Reduce Wanted Level cheat by heart. It can be useful when you get wanted for dumb sh*t.

Example: I go outside of Franklin's house, and start to kick his Buffalo. After 4 kicks or so, I get a 1 star wanted level. Now let's make things clear, there are no sidewalks near his house to allow for any witnesses, no cars were in the area when I kicked the vehicle, and as you may have noticed, Franklin's neighbors are very far apart.

Sometimes, cheating is justified.

MacCar11
  • MacCar11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

Are the police too difficult?

Me and my friends have almost to deal with them abit everyday,i would not say they are difficult people as like hard to understand or something,but is very annoying to get interupted then puffin on a phatie,as well as wrestled down and this happend on of my buds 2 Days ago he also got a Little taste of the pepper spray and did not recomend it,hes glad they didnt tazer him or exercise the batoon this time  though in my experience of the batoon i find it to be a silly toy and it aint so baad to take a few hits .So far we have not got into any real shootout with the police  as we Believe that is when they will get abit difficult,  we believe alot difficult, as is not year 1911 now they cheat with cellphones and computers and gps and fast cars and such and as soon as the piggies get scared they call for more piggies...sure we Dream about taking out the whole nation of piglets(minus maybesome pretty female ones,yes we do have them too) but that would require alot of planning and also a real big crew. i might or might not post here later about those specific plans but anyway we usually get abit too ignorant then puffing the herb and starts to focus on boring stuff like Music,sport,women and smaller crimes ,video games,money,cars etc

"A week or so ago, I went on a deadly rampage in a tank is LS and killed about 1000 policemen in 15 hrs (in-game), it was really fun"

f*ck man thats some serious hardcore gangsta sh*t right there nigga, oh sure i Believe that it must have been fun..but how the hell di you loose that heat? 1000 pigs and you even bold enough to be here to write about it.Mad respect!

"Example: I go outside of Franklin's house, and start to kick his Buffalo. After 4 kicks or so, I get a 1 star wanted level. Now let's make things clear, there are no sidewalks near his house to allow for any witnesses"

Ok so we actually did this similar thing, i remember having a few beeers and some bomb weed, i dont Think the brand of my car were a Buffalo tho and i saw no witness and still i baasically got interogated for this sh*t 2 hours later f*ck. I mean if you come out here revealing ur hardcore thing i wont let my paranoia over a day in Court and a massive ticket bother..ok i actually beat it up pretty hard on that car too. my reasons was we had no drums in the garage and i wanted to hear a beat...oh well.

aite laters

Cheri0$

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by Militia, 13 December 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Nah, cheat codes take the fun out of the game.  Wanted?  Drive into a tunnel (subway, train with 3+ stars) or up a moutain (when 1 or 2 stars on you) - That simple.  Cheats are the easy way out, I don't like using them since GTA III, I never activate codes, lol

• ThroatSlasher2, Pavle and Luuk' like this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Nah, cheat codes take the fun out of the game.  Wanted?  Drive into a tunnel (subway, train with 3+ stars) or up a moutain (when 1 or 2 stars on you) - That simple.  Cheats are the easy way out, I don't like using them since GTA III, I never activate codes, lol

I don't like using cheats either but there's a limit to what I can accept. Getting a wanted level for shooting a bunch of peds in a public area, stealing a car in plain sight, running over people, starting a rampage in a tank, throwing a grenade in the streets, that makes sense. But getting a wanted level for kicking my car a few times in a discreet area or because I stood too long next to someone at an intersection, nah f*ck off.
THAT ruins my game experience and takes the fun out of the game. '' Well ! Gotta run away from the cops again cuz the AI is f*cked up. ''

@MacCar11: Quite simple actually, I drove the tank in a subway tunnel.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

^^ I agree that it takes some of the "fun" away and is "annoying" but it's only like 2-3 minutes out of your life to run for the hills lol, idk, it's just a huge pet peve to me.  I like to have game saves 100% and without any cheat codes activated.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

I don't like using cheats either but there's a limit to what I can accept. Getting a wanted level for shooting a bunch of peds in a public area, stealing a car in plain sight, running over people, starting a rampage in a tank, throwing a grenade in the streets, that makes sense. But getting a wanted level for kicking my car a few times in a discreet area or because I stood too long next to someone at an intersection, nah f*ck off.

THAT ruins my game experience and takes the fun out of the game. '' Well ! Gotta run away from the cops again cuz the AI is f*cked up. ''

@MacCar11: Quite simple actually, I drove the tank in a subway tunnel.

At least if we had the cheats on the phone it would be better.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 13 December 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Yeah I agree, phones cheats were more efficient and quick to use. Or better yet, RDR cheats. You activate them, and you don't need to bother after.

^^ I agree that it takes some of the "fun" away and is "annoying" but it's only like 2-3 minutes out of your life to run for the hills lol, idk, it's just a huge pet peve to me.  I like to have game saves 100% and without any cheat codes activated.

Speaking of cheats, you should try riding a BMX with the moon gravity cheat, you are in for a ride !

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Well you have to remember that *fun* is relative. Cheats give the character an advantage he wouldnt have normally. While the tank is in-game, it still affords the character something he ordinarily doesnt have, greater protection from gun-fire, vehicle ramming. The same with armor. In the end, cheats just give the player/character more of an advantage than what is normally available. A car gives the character greater advantage over being on foot, a tank more so than a car, an invincibility cheat more so than a tank. Some would argue that a tank is likened to *invincibility*.

Get a ** wanted level whilst on foot in the mountains or even better in the hood where the gangs are, do gun battles w/ them & the cops, see how long your character will last, no doubt, not very long, especially as your wanted level increases. You can do it from inside an ammunation but again that is increasing the character's advantage. I did that after someone else mentioned it, you could last awhile in there, just like your tank/hanger scenario, you're protected from heli's and there is only one way to get at you.

I use cheats in SP when I want to battle it out w/ cops/gangs on foot or in the dozer, its *fun* flipping the vehicles and the cops/gangs w/ the bucket, I picked up one of the dudes in the bucket and dumped him over the railing of the bridge :lol:

Otherwise, the cop AI is still not all that R* *promised* as they said there wouldnt be any of this "spawning on top of the character" kind of thing but we see helis drop straight out of the sky. When you go in the ammunation to battle them, you will see helis *shoot* across your radar, same w/ cop cars on occasion, they will appear to *slingshot*. The same ironically happened in the mission "Daddy's little girl" when one of the pursuers had slingshot across to keep up w/ Michael... Very unrealistic AI.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

I agree with what you said ^

But everyone has a choice to use them or not, and my choice is to NOT use them like I have been doing since GTA III.  I don't need a CHEATING or GLITCHING advantage.  I want a realistic advantage, of which you listed above.  For instance, like camping inside your hanger with the tank so you don't take on helicopter bullet spray and blow up in 10 minutes.  Also, no cop cars seem to drive inside the hanger, but stop right outside the hanger which helps you to not have to deal with driving over top of one accidently and blowing up afterwards.  The tank is made out of paper in this game, unlike the invincible tanks in GTA III and Vice City, it'd take like 50 rockets to blow them in those games, and I wish they made the tank like that in this GTA V, even San Andreas game tank was good, but it was still worse than III and Vice City tank.  GTA V tank is by far the worst one when we speak of damage it takes on.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

But everyone has a choice to use them or not, and my choice is to NOT use them like I have been doing since GTA III.  I don't need a CHEATING or GLITCHING advantage.  I want a realistic advantage, of which you listed above.  For instance, like camping inside your hanger with the tank so you don't take on helicopter bullet spray and blow up in 10 minutes.  Also, no cop cars seem to drive inside the hanger, but stop right outside the hanger which helps you to not have to deal with driving over top of one accidently and blowing up afterwards.  The tank is made out of paper in this game, unlike the invincible tanks in GTA III and Vice City, it'd take like 50 rockets to blow them in those games, and I wish they made the tank like that in this GTA V, even San Andreas game tank was good, but it was still worse than III and Vice City tank.  GTA V tank is by far the worst one when we speak of damage it takes on.

Lol, paper tanks.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Lol, paper tanks.

It's pretty much true, lol.  Same for the damage of the Lazer, it's made from paper too, a gust of wind will destroy it, lol

I don't understand how said MILITARY vehicles get destroyed so easily, but when it comes to my favorite, the Police Riot, which isn't a military vehicle and technically is in a LOWER class than the Tank or Lazer, that the Riot is invincible basically over the other two.  It should really be the other way around!

• AlexL likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

It's pretty much true, lol.  Same for the damage of the Lazer, it's made from paper too, a gust of wind will destroy it, lol

I don't understand how said MILITARY vehicles get destroyed so easily, but when it comes to my favorite, the Police Riot, which isn't a military vehicle and technically is in a LOWER class than the Tank or Lazer, that the Riot is invincible basically over the other two.  It should really be the other way around!

Woud have been cool if you could use the 50. cal machine gun on the tank tho.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Woud have been cool if you could use the 50. cal machine gun on the tank tho.

Indeed, I agree.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

The tank could have easily been fixed with a few tweaks.

A) The tank crushes car into little sheets of paper instead of blowing them up.

B) Make the ramming with cars only. Have you ever noticed that the police will ram you no matter what vehicle you're in ? Try escaping a 2 star wanted level on a mountain bike, have fun. Unfortunately, you ain't Spiderman and you won't do a (controlled) backflip to save yourself. Ever tried to escape the police in a Boeing 747 ? They fire up their turbo and ram the plane, which of course, desintegrates like every other aircraft in the game, by a mere brush.

• AlexL likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

B) Make the ramming with cars only. Have you ever noticed that the police will ram you no matter what vehicle you're in ? Try escaping a 2 star wanted level on a mountain bike, have fun. Unfortunately, you ain't Spiderman and you won't do a (controlled) backflip to save yourself. Ever tried to escape the police in a Boeing 747 ? They fire up their turbo and ram the plane, which of course, desintegrates like every other aircraft in the game, by a mere brush.

LOL I had that happen to me once. I was trying to take off with a plane while on 2 stars wanted level, a cop car came out of nowhere, rammed my plane and exploded..... :angry:

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

Personally for me, the ramming doesn't bother me the slightest.  The damage to the tank bothers me, it's health is at like 10% even when it's in perfect condition it feels like, unlike 100% like it should be.  Same goes for the Lazer.  Takes on a couple of bullets, starts to smoke black sh*t out, dies on you and you die.  These vehicles are totally sh*t compared to the Riot.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by AlexL, 13 December 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Personally for me, the ramming doesn't bother me the slightest.  The damage to the tank bothers me, it's health is at like 10% even when it's in perfect condition it feels like, unlike 100% like it should be.  Same goes for the Lazer.  Takes on a couple of bullets, starts to smoke black sh*t out, dies on you and you die.  These vehicles are totally sh*t compared to the Riot.

You could be driving a bugatti at 400kmh and police will still be able to ram you, that means they would have to accelerate to supersonic speeds, lol.

How realistic is that? Supersonic f*cking police cars!

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 13 December 2013 - 03:58 PM.

Well the ramming on the Tank is f*cking annoying because most of the time, cops ram me, and they f*cking explode. What the f*ck is the training like in Los Santos Police Academy ? Learn to be a damn kamikaze ? Anyway, it forces me to stop moving for a few seconds, and then move on, stop, move, stop, move. Very fun  :^:

@AlexL: Well the ramming is controlled by a weird rubberbanding or acceleration. If you get chased by cops (2 or 3 stars), hop in one of their vehicles, and take a look in cinematic view in slow motion. You'll see the cop chasing you (in the same car model) accelerate juuuuust a little tad faster. It's like every 6-7 ft, it gets a little boost. Like god is slightly pushing the car towards me, saying ''Come on, get the f*cker''.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Well the ramming on the Tank is f*cking annoying because most of the time, cops ram me, and they f*cking explode. What the f*ck is the training like in Los Santos Police Academy ? Learn to be a damn kamikaze ? Anyway, it forces me to stop moving for a few seconds, and then move on, stop, move, stop, move. Very fun  :^:

Their cars must have some invisible solid rocket boosters strapped to them, definitely...

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

You could be driving a bugatti at 400kmh and police will still be able to ram you, that means they would have to accelerate to supersonic speeds, lol.

How realistic is that? Supersonic f*cking police cars!

I fully agree, but there is more annoyances imo than the ramming.  Like flying out of the windshield.  Yes, this can happen in real life, but it happens when you don't wear your seatbelt.  Does this game even give me an option to buckle up?  Nope.  Rockstar is only half on the realism track and half completely wack.  And with the ramming, I can deal with it as I usually don't get wanted unless I am trying to get it but sometimes I am not even trying to bump into something, and I do accidently and have a near death moment when flying out, or sometimes I in fact do die, THAT is more of a waste of time and annoyance than anything else imo.  I miss GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas where this was not an issue.  One major aspect of GTA IV that also through me off when I played and bought that game in 2008 with the new PS3's, was going through the windshield.  They made the driving "too" realistic, but forgot to add in seatbelts so this WOULD NOT HAPPEN AND WASTE MY TIME!  Lol, tons of stuff Rockstar can do, but they just don't.  Idk...Lol

• AlexL likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

Well at least in GTA IV, the windshield ejections wouldn't abruptly end on a f*cking sad note of: 

'' Me, starring at my character flying in mid-air, in slo-motion, while the f*cking WASTED screen pops in my face with that weird bird clock coucou type of thing. ''

Am I the only one who hears something like that when you die  ? Like a bell or something ?

Teabragger
  • Teabragger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

Anyone who doubts the "magic police" thing should just steal a fighter jet from the military base. You can WATCH the choppers on the radar, spawning around you as you fly. You can dodge their cones of vision, of course, but it's proof enough that it's happening. 

I understand that line of sight is expensive when you have a lot of enemies looking past a lot of potential obstructions. That doesn't give you an excuse to program in telekinesis and teleportation so line of sight doesn't have to be calculated at all.

I also think it would be completely reasonable to expect that the police should show up at the place of the report - not the place of the person who committed the crime. Imagine how the JFK assassination would have gone down if real police worked like this!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users