Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,682 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (636 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (176 votes [27.67%])

Percentage of vote: 27.67%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (72 votes [11.32%])

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

3. No, it could be improved. (388 votes [61.01%])

Percentage of vote: 61.01%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

You're a plague.  You're scum, and that's final.  Get off my back, boy.

Hahaha, "boy". Get a job, pussy.

"That's final", as if, because YOU said it, its true. Arrogant dumbass.

Do we have the same time zones?  I already went to work today, 8 hour shift.  Did you go to 1st period middle school class yet?  Don't miss the bus.

It's my off season. If I don't have to plow the cemetery or get a funeral ready, all I have to do is, well, whatever the f*ck I want, and collect a paycheck (I'm on salary). Whatever job you have, my job is way sicker. Especially when you consider I don't pay rent or utilities on the two story house I live in because its included. But keep trying to kick that "you're still in school" bullsh*t my way. It just shows how ignorant you are.

@ "Moonshield" (awesome username by the way, sounds like some pussy Final Fantasy defense): To quote Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction, "shut the f*ck up, fat man, this is none of your goddamn business".

You're too into yourself, you know that?  "I am better than you" I guess computer forensics degree is worthless by your standards cuz working with graveyards is much cooler and appealing.  lolol (facepalm)

@Moonshield, just ban him.

Of course it is. I only work every day for about 7 months out of the year, the rest of the time I just chill out, watch Walking Dead DVDs and play video games while getting stoned and drunk. And I never have to worry, cause my job always means I have a kickass place to live (Google Earth "188 Britton Road" and see how sick the house I live in is). I'm not "too into myself", I just love my job. It doesn't matter what degree you do or dont have in whatever area, I still get to live better than you. How does THAT make you feel, college boy?

"lolol famepalm"

Full of yourself.  Wanna run for president, too?  Douche bag...Lol

The Khamelion
  • The Khamelion

The Drifter

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

The police are not too difficult... like others have said, when the AI works the way it is supposed to, the police are actually enjoyable to run from! Yes, they can be annoying at times - having to drive way off road into the mountains in a recently jacked Comet is never fun, but it adds to the realism of the game and makes you think before running into the street to pull the driver out of his car. Police chases in V are a lot of fun on foot as well, up until the point that the chopper finds you. But hey, if the choppers do, after all, have that IDing system or whatever it is, so they aren't unrealistically powerful to be able to spot you from a while away.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:11 AM Edited by nkjellman, 02 December 2013 - 02:12 AM.

The helicopters are annoying. Here is the problem. You can't aim as high as in IV. Sometimes the heli's sit above you and shoot at you. Not much you can do because you can't aim that high to shoot at them.

As for the cop cars, the game has the same issue as Vice City. Cops can just magically speed up and ram you.

GTA should have a difficulty system.

Easy: Police are not so rough. They act like IV (minus the fact that they always know where you are.)

Medium: Plays just like the game does now.

Hard: Same as medium, but cars have more damage and drive like in IV. (Except they drive at the more realistic V speeds)

Expert: Cars require gas, and a one star wanted level is obtained if rules of the road are broken (like in driver).

I think a system like this would make many players happy. You can play like the traditional GTA, or add things to make having wanted stars more difficult, and making the game more difficult if the player desires. Oh, and I forgot, you also can look up further like in IV so you can do something about heli's that sit out of your aim area.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

A difficulty setting isn't needed. Instead what's needed is consistency and for the systems in place to work. Stealth for example - once I used stealth and snuck round some cops, in a nice circle. I was on a roof, and the cops somehow knew i was up there. they came up, so i snuck off, jumped down to a lower roof, suck behind the police, down to ground and got in a car and drove off.

Most times, by looking at the radar, i can see what way the cops are, and sneaking behind them in vehcile works.

but not 100% of the time. it simply needs better build quality imo

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

the actual problem is the characters are less resistant to bullets, and police are way more accurate than previous gtas.

not to mention the useless stealth sistem.

Tomy1986
  • Tomy1986

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

Shaking the police off is rather easy after playing for a while. Here's some tips:

-Drive up a mountain/hillside. Kill the helicopter's pilot. Wait a few minutes.

-Drive to a train tunnel. Kill your pursuers. Wait a few minutes.

-Navigate/swim through the underground canal next to Pleasure Pier (the same you go through on Daddy's Little Girl mission). Kill your pursuers. Wait a few minutes.

However, it's true that the police are quite a bitch in V. Difficult wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe them, but intense. Three cars shotgunning me just because I refuse to pull over in a two-star wanted level? Holy f*ck!

Also, pedestrians in Los Santos are a bunch of cowards that will report you for nothing. Try staring at a pedestrian for a while. In 50% of the cases, they will say something on the lines of "I'm going to call the police!". The punchline: they actually do it.

Rockstar should ease a bit the police heat (no rhyme intended). Also, they should fix those annoying cases such as shooting your gun in the middle of nowhere and getting a wanted level, or punching a single person in a lonely town of Blain County and still be found by the police at the next turn.

• stjimmy3 likes this

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Less the difficulty and UP the ammount of police on you.

otherwise than that, that's just a suggestion. I think it's fine. In fact, they need tanks like all the old school gta's. Maybe they should add another star so that the people with tanks gets killed by other the police with tanks

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

[NTWK][SHERIFF] Desert Fairytale

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

For me, the police is quite hard. Hope in GTA VI R* makes police better. Such as use a riot shield, military come back, jet war.

Andronikos
  • Andronikos

Doing well on the stock market

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by Andronikos, 05 December 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Yeah,I have a story for you guys.Today I was riding my Sabre GT,as Franklin.So,I parked up in Vinewood Boulevard to get a tattoo.As I closed the door,I got my phone,just to see what time it was.As I did it,a blond female ped looked at me and said "Oh my god,get OUT of here!",so I ignored her and walked to the tattoo parlour.The ped said "That´s it,I'm calling the cops",imediately,1 star wanted level flashed on screen,I wanted to kill her,but I decided to wait and see what happens.She started to run,and the Police Cruiser crashed in my parked Sabre GT,I kept looking at them,and they shot me dead.I had 1 star wanted level and they shot me dead.I guess the police is very violent,and may be racist,cause they never shot me when I was controlling Michael or Trevor with 1 star wanted level.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Yeah,I have a story for you guys.Today I was riding my Sabre GT,as Franklin.So,I parked up in Vinewood Boulevard to get a tattoo.As I closed the door,I got my phone,just to see what time it was.As I did it,a blond female ped looked at me and said "Oh my god,get OUT of here!",so I ignored her and walked to the tattoo parlour.The ped said "That´s it,I'm calling the cops",imediately,1 star wanted level flashed on screen,I wanted to kill her,but I decided to wait and see what happens.She started to run,and the Police Cruiser crashed in my parked Sabre GT,I kept looking at them,and they shot me dead.I had 1 star wanted level and they shot me dead.I guess the police is very violent,and may be racist,cause they never shot me when I was controlling Michael or Trevor with 1 star wanted level.

Haha, before I obtained the Lazer as Franklin, it took me many many many tries, the tank's accuracy would always destroy me.  I also see more problems and people "hating" Franklin over Trevor and Michael.  Sometimes Trevor gets it bad too, never Michael.  What you say, never happened to me, but I can believe it.  I don't find the cops all that bad, just simply one word "annoying."

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

[NTWK][SHERIFF] Desert Fairytale

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by JoshDa1, 06 December 2013 - 01:05 PM.

So, GTA V has racism too ,hah?

dansisishot
  • dansisishot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

It is absurd that at two stars you get police with seal shooting abilities.  I just do not understand the logic in having seals shooting at me for stealing a car.  Then again I could usually exit the car and stand next to a wall and then they will loose interest.  It doesn't matter that super cops can fire pistols at me from a mile away, because immediately after the stars disappear they seem to forget my face.  I guess the police are trained to fire magically in the air without seeing me and the bullets just end up in my car driving 100mph.

Then again I have major issues with the fact every npc in the game seems to fire magic bullets into my car.  They make it look so easy. 

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by Militia, 06 December 2013 - 05:44 PM.

Am I the only one who sucks at shooting?  My accuracy is only like 25-30%.  Cops have 95-100% accuracy.  Lol

I also have my game on traditional GTA or whatever how the aiming is and that tiny little white dot does not help me aim any better.  Aiming while driving a vehicle trying to shoot at cop cars to kill them inside is a challenge for me as I shoot the car, and they swirve out of the way, or use their special ability to speed up 50 mph quicker and ram me.

Am I doing something wrong?  Isn't the dot supposed to lock on if I am using Tradition GTA aiming?  I liked Vice City how it was a large red box and you just hit the button to fire your weapon and it auto-locks right onto the police.  If I am doing something wrong, or not using the right aiming, can someone please tell me what I should be using for what I want as described above?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Am I the only one who sucks at shooting?  My accuracy is only like 25-30%.  Cops have 95-100% accuracy.  Lol

I also have my game on traditional GTA or whatever how the aiming is and that tiny little white dot does not help me aim any better.  Aiming while driving a vehicle trying to shoot at cop cars to kill them inside is a challenge for me as I shoot the car, and they swirve out of the way, or use their special ability to speed up 50 mph quicker and ram me.

Am I doing something wrong?  Isn't the dot supposed to lock on if I am using Tradition GTA aiming?  I liked Vice City how it was a large red box and you just hit the button to fire your weapon and it auto-locks right onto the police.  If I am doing something wrong, or not using the right aiming, can someone please tell me what I should be using for what I want as described above?

Once I was getting shot by 3 cops with shotguns, my auto aim decides to lock onto the police helicopter.... Perfect example

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Once I was getting shot by 3 cops with shotguns, my auto aim decides to lock onto the police helicopter.... Perfect example

How do you auto aim it though?  I am using PS3 controller, and seem to only get a tiny white dot on my screen when aiming and I need to manually position the dot directly on the cop to shoot him, then the dot becomes a red X only after I am directly on him, doesn't auto-aim automatically aim at the cops?  I don't get what I am doing wrong.

What you say above also happened to me a few times too, by accident.  I don't even know how I did it to auto aim in the air, lol

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

How do you auto aim it though?  I am using PS3 controller, and seem to only get a tiny white dot on my screen when aiming and I need to manually position the dot directly on the cop to shoot him, then the dot becomes a red X only after I am directly on him, doesn't auto-aim automatically aim at the cops?  I don't get what I am doing wrong.

What you say above also happened to me a few times too, by accident.  I don't even know how I did it to auto aim in the air, lol

Well I was using the traditional GTA aim too, and even tho there are cops spraying you with buckshots in the face, it decides to aim at the helicopter that mostly does nothing. Probably it considers the helicopter more dangerous, don't know.... Lol

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Well I was using the traditional GTA aim too, and even tho there are cops spraying you with buckshots in the face, it decides to aim at the helicopter that mostly does nothing. Probably it considers the helicopter more dangerous, don't know.... Lol

How is your accuracy with this little white dot?  I think it's really hard to shoot and kill, honestly lol

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

How is your accuracy with this little white dot?  I think it's really hard to shoot and kill, honestly lol

I changed that from the dot to a + like this, it helps with accuracy:

ku-xlarge.gif

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

I changed that from the dot to a + like this, it helps with accuracy:

ku-xlarge.gif

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you change it to that?  I think I also saw on Youtube someone changed it to a small white box, kinda like that little triangle you have.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you change it to that?  I think I also saw on Youtube someone changed it to a small white box, kinda like that little triangle you have.

You gotta go to Settings/ Display/ Weapon Target then change it from simple to complex.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

You gotta go to Settings/ Display/ Weapon Target then change it from simple to complex.

Thanks man!  I don't understand how a dot can be simple and the triangle/X or box is complex, lol.  Imo it should be reversed, there is NOTHING SIMPLE about a small as f*ck white dot on your screen that blends in with any other white things, especially when trying to fire at the helicopters and I can't even see where I am shooting cuz the dot blends in with the clounds being white.  Rockstar f*cked it up imo, bring back the BIG RED BOX like in Vice City!

When I use my Police Riot and aiming at the white cop cars, I prob unload like 500 bullets hitting absolutely nothing to do with the car or the cop, f*cking white dot, man, lol....

Thanks again.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Thanks man!  I don't understand how a dot can be simple and the triangle/X or box is complex, lol.  Imo it should be reversed, there is NOTHING SIMPLE about a small as f*ck white dot on your screen that blends in with any other white things, especially when trying to fire at the helicopters and I can't even see where I am shooting cuz the dot blends in with the clounds being white.  Rockstar f*cked it up imo, bring back the BIG RED BOX like in Vice City!

When I use my Police Riot and aiming at the white cop cars, I prob unload like 500 bullets hitting absolutely nothing to do with the car or the cop, f*cking white dot, man, lol....

Thanks again.

No prob.

• Militia likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

am i the only one that actually liked the small white dot? i aways played shooters, and the triangle or crosshair sucked in my opinion. this dot style aim remembers me BLACK in ps2. that game was perfect, and accurate as f*ck because of the small white dot.. i agree that sometimes its almost impossible to see it, but the bullets go straight where i want them to go..

if you loose sight of it, just shoot and see where the bullet hit, or to which side the cop or enemy leans.. it'll aways be the opposite side the bullet flew past him, and you can find it easely.

jammyoharasmith
  • jammyoharasmith

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:33 PM Edited by jammyoharasmith, 06 December 2013 - 09:33 PM.

no i had lots of awesome police chases... for example last night i was driving an intruder with a 3 star wanted level and its more fun when the police stay on your tail and keep ramming you... my chase lasted for 15 minutes but for at least 10 minutes i was driving on a flat tire and it only ended because i attempted to take a shortcut offroad onto the freeway and smashed into a rock and got surrounded by cops... it was epic

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

no i had lots of awesome police chases... for example last night i was driving an intruder with a 3 star wanted level and its more fun when the police stay on your tail and keep ramming you... my chase lasted for 15 minutes but for at least 10 minutes i was driving on a flat tire and it only ended because i attempted to take a shortcut offroad onto the freeway and smashed into a rock and got surrounded by cops... it was epic

Do you find it epic getting killed by T-600's?

• Militia and daliakiller like this

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

I didn't like Snakes on a Plane

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

You've seen sh*tloads of comments saying the police is fine? that also means you've seen a sh*tload of threads whining about the police, so exactly why the f did you feel the need to post another one?

He never said hes seen sh*tloads of comments saying the police are fine... He just said hes sure hes gonna a lot of responses saying the police are fine... Next time you try to criticize someone's post, read it thoroughly please...    

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

I didn't like Snakes on a Plane

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by gukklleb_911nn, 07 December 2013 - 02:38 AM.

Less the difficulty and UP the ammount of police on you.

otherwise than that, that's just a suggestion. I think it's fine. In fact, they need tanks like all the old school gta's. Maybe they should add another star so that the people with tanks gets killed by other the police with tanks

oooh... that's probably why they removed the 6 star tanks, so someone doesn't camp next to a 6 star person and hijack a tank while they're spawning... 

BassDemolitia
  • BassDemolitia

ARMA Guard Tac. Driver

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

I agree completely. I stole a car on Grove St. while the heli was searching nearby and they shot me to death before I had even started the car. Not to mention the car chases; I was taking a cab and accidentally hopped out, so I didn't pay the fare. Instead of coming back the cabbie speeds the f*ck away and I'm sprinting for a car a few feet away. Cops on every street and they rush me. Bastards. hsvlhwdbg;uabehybfuhwebfuyasbvcouaybelg

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by Militia, 08 December 2013 - 01:20 AM.

I agree completely. I stole a car on Grove St. while the heli was searching nearby and they shot me to death before I had even started the car. Not to mention the car chases; I was taking a cab and accidentally hopped out, so I didn't pay the fare. Instead of coming back the cabbie speeds the f*ck away and I'm sprinting for a car a few feet away. Cops on every street and they rush me. Bastards. hsvlhwdbg;uabehybfuhwebfuyasbvcouaybelg

Gotta play the game smart....You gotta be one step a head of these psychic police.

You gotta KNOW that getting into a car takes a few seconds, worse with Trevor, he takes a good 6-10 seconds.  You can't be out in the open in gang territory, with cops on you and think you can get away while trying to start a car.  Within seconds you will die, like you did.  So you gotta plan your ways around the cops to do and get what you want.

• daliakiller likes this

NBking6
  • NBking6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

I personally think they are easy to get away from because of the whole "cone of vision" thing. If you're in the heart of Los Santos there are so many alleyways and things to hide in/behind. The main thing with me and probably everyone else is when you get 3 or 4 stars and the LSPD keeps spawning helicopters like they have enough to supply to the world. But even then just find a tunnel or a bridge to hide under, and following railroad tracks will eventually lead you to one or the other. Oh, and make sure you have a fast car because that might just be the problem your dealing with. You can't run from the cops whippin' a Weeny Issi or a Faggio :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users