Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,385 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (316 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (131 votes [41.46%])

Percentage of vote: 41.46%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (25 votes [7.91%])

Percentage of vote: 7.91%

3. No, it could be improved. (160 votes [50.63%])

Percentage of vote: 50.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

I agree with the OP..

Has anyone noticed that there are NO roaming police, unless in pursuit of someone else?

I see no patrolling squad cars unless near the police station, and even then they're stationary.

Kinda bumming me out, these police got that Sam Fisher gear.

I still don't get this complaint. I see plenty of patrolling cops, a realistic number that is. In their cars, I mean. I've seen SOME walking around. Very sparse. But they do patrol. 

I love this game, but I MASSIVELY agree with this complaint. Hell, I can't even quietly punch someone off the mountain without a damn wanted level. COME ON. 

Lol seriously im actually curious of what the programming looked like for it.

IF player damage civilian THEN any officers within 20 mile radius make player wanted

Lol some srs programming sh*t up in here!

Btw does the game get more insane? Im at mission 19/69. like do the mission length increase and the story picks up abit more? Not complaining but so far the story is abit childish / fun / chaotic. Does the story get more serious later?

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

f*ck haters

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Also you get 1 star for landing a parachute on the street WTF
  • bikemike likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

I agree with the OP..

Has anyone noticed that there are NO roaming police, unless in pursuit of someone else?

I see no patrolling squad cars unless near the police station, and even then they're stationary.

I still don't get this complaint. I see plenty of patrolling cops, a realistic number that is. In their cars, I mean. I've seen SOME walking around. Very sparse. But they do patrol. 

I love this game, but I MASSIVELY agree with this complaint. Hell, I can't even quietly punch someone off the mountain without a damn wanted level. COME ON. 

IF player damage civilian THEN any officers within 20 mile radius make player wanted

Btw does the game get more insane? Im at mission 19/69. like do the mission length increase and the story picks up abit more? Not complaining but so far the story is abit childish / fun / chaotic. Does the story get more serious later?

It gets a little bit mature but nothing like what you might think it is. 

I rate the story ( NOT MISSIONS ) a 7/10. It could of been a lot better if you ask me. 

calearne
  • calearne

GREATNESS AWAITS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

I agree with everything here.

One time I got 2 f*cking stars for crash landing my chopper out in the middle of the desert.

f*ck that sh*t.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

I agree with the OP..

It gets a little bit mature but nothing like what you might think it is. 

I rate the story ( NOT MISSIONS ) a 7/10. It could of been a lot better if you ask me. 

Take it im miles away from completing it? Trevor has just met michael and had to save you know who (it involved Lazlow, no spoilers dont worry noobs)

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

cameras are everywhere these days mate.

If cameras/magic police are everywhere and that's how they see your foul deeds on top of a mountain or in any other hiding place, then how come we can eventually lose the cops? It's a PARADOX!

calearne
  • calearne

GREATNESS AWAITS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

If only we could wear a fib suit and not get wanted.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Guys know this seems like a dumb question but not making a new thread.

Roughly how long until I have completed the game?

I am at the part were Trevor meets Michael again (Done the mission were you save Michaels Daughter from something ;)) so Yea am I ANYWHERE NEAR the end? Or still miles away?

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:13 AM Edited by redx165, 22 September 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Guys know this seems like a dumb question but not making a new thread.

Roughly how long until I have completed the game?

I am at the part were Trevor meets Michael again (Done the mission were you save Michaels Daughter from something ;)) so Yea am I ANYWHERE NEAR the end? Or still miles away?

You got a while to you complete the game. The game gets a bit better near the end when Michael and Trevor have a conflict. 

You just meet Michael from Trevor's view? 

You have

Spoiler
heists left. 

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

at least the police are somewhat smarter than gta 4's

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

For f*ck sake this is the main problem I am beginning to have with the game and tbh its only (I wouldnt say game breaking) insanely irritating flaw, I shoot a hiker WITH A SILENCED f*ckING WEAPON ontop of Mount Chilliad (where the trail is) and BOOM f*cking wanted and cops start driving up the mountain? Wtf is this BS? I kill people in the desert and BOOM wanted? f*ck that it is beginning to annoy the sh*t out of me and imo ruined GTA IV and I was hoping they would fix it with this one but nope. Also its annoying how the cops just spawn infront of you when your wanted,,,, 

I agree to some extent. I think the way they chase you and what not is fine, I don't have a problem getting away from 3 stars in downtown LS. but it takes way too long to get rid of the *blinking* wanted stars, that's annoying at times. 

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:16 AM Edited by Racecarlock, 22 September 2013 - 07:17 AM.

That's not the worst part. I actually got a wanted level while buying the hen house as trevor because some woman thought I looked a bit weird. Seriously, rockstar? That's justification now? It also happens when any of my aircraft I bail out of crash, which is fine if they don't magically f*cking know I did it.

And then there's the spawning. The god damn spawning. Every single f*cking time I'm about to get away, some f*cking cop spawns ahead of me two streets away. Often, they spawn in a pattern that completely surrounds me so I can't get away and have to get out of sight again, not that that matters because they simply spawn again.

Is the dispatcher using both psychic powers and a god damn star trek transporter? I'm glad rockstar didn't go in an entirely realistic direction, but in some cases, it is actually nicer, guys.

• Timely likes this

FF_sniper
  • FF_sniper

A real canadian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Just throwing this out there walk into someones yard and open your cellphone when playing as franklin 9/10 the peaple will scream and you get  a 2 star wanted level. also killing a fellow main charecter is ok. i used a rpg against frankling playing as michial only lost 5 grand.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:25 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 22 September 2013 - 07:25 AM.

wanted cheat = problem solved

fight bullsh*t with bullsh*t...unless you actually care about game achievements.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

wanted cheat = problem solved

fight bullsh*t with bullsh*t...unless you actually care about game achievements.

You ever deal with a d-pad that often interprets one d-pad button as two and summons up the phone in the middle of cheats just to ruin them?

Vamp 1911
  • Vamp 1911

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:50 AM Edited by Vamp 1911, 22 September 2013 - 07:52 AM.

Yeah, the cops are very annoying. I had 5 cops all over me at only 2 star wanted level. There were 3 behind me and another 2 magically mirroring my direction from the front. It was on a dirt bike and had to do some crazy offroad. That is certainly overkill.

It would make sense at 3 or 4 level, but not at 2 star.

Mostly I use the Dewbauchee Rapid GT if I am going to rob a store. Give it a go. The car can blow the cops away in a straight line. Changing vehicles seems to be the next best way that I have found.

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

You also get stars for doing anything now. And even if it's 1 star it takes like a minute for it to go away.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

at least the police are somewhat smarter than gta 4's

No, they're not. They just magically spawn in right the f*ck ahead of you whenever you're about to get away. It's worse than it was in IV. Sure, they use line of sight now, but they suck at actually chasing.

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

I've only been arrested once and killed by the police a few times. I think the "we know where you are at all times" system sucks though.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

I've only been arrested once and killed by the police a few times. I think the "we know where you are at all times" system sucks though.

Yeah, I thought that being outside the line of sight meant they couldn't see me. Guess I thought wrong. Maybe they used their scouters to sense my power level.

• D3ADSH0T and Conservative like this

MagicNarcosis
  • MagicNarcosis

The Original.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:33 AM Edited by MagicNarcosis, 22 September 2013 - 08:33 AM.

I agree with the OP..

You got the complaint quite much, actually.

Let me have your game, then. I literally have a ghost town when it comes to police until I do something, or I see someone running from the pigs in a pursuit.

Also,

I find it funny we can get police called on us for standing around peds,

but no police are called when I shoot the would-be robbers for taking store money, and keeping it for myself...............

I have a fun time getting away from the police with the new system, it just needs some work. I f*cks with you R* but yo 5-0 is somey-timey as hell.  I'd take the density of the police presence from GTA IV and the AI from V and be happy (in my case)

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

what is the liklihood that R* is going to fix the police to make them less superhuman? I feel like there are some real flaws like many people have been pointing out,  that could be easily fixed.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:06 AM Edited by Cinoy, 22 September 2013 - 09:06 AM.

you're stupid as hell.. the cops dont f*cking spawn in front of you it took a minute for them to get to me in the desert.. One of the amazing things about gta v is that evading the police is like a minigame on its own. When I get a wanted star I run out of the "crime scene" area so the stars blink. Then you can see all the cops/cop cars marked on your mini map and their line of vision.. Its so fun trying to evade them, its like playing a minigame in the minimap trying to evade the cops by checking which roads are open etc, then hiding in a building or behind bushes etc...

• neuhier likes this

Mr. Schneobelen
  • Mr. Schneobelen

That's harassment

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

I agree with the OP, the cops can be quite annoying.

You shoot someone with a silenced pistol, or blow a plane with a sticky bomb from a distance, and the cops somehow know that You are the one who did it.

The line of sight is nice and all, but the cops need to lose their Omniscience, especially when there are no witnesses in the area.

Also a health upgrade system like in GTA IV would be nice, I'm rather sick of the fact that you can die quickly.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

you're stupid as hell.. the cops dont f*cking spawn in front of you it took a minute for them to get to me in the desert.. One of the amazing things about gta v is that evading the police is like a minigame on its own. When I get a wanted star I run out of the "crime scene" area so the stars blink. Then you can see all the cops/cop cars marked on your mini map and their line of vision.. Its so fun trying to evade them, its like playing a minigame in the minimap trying to evade the cops by checking which roads are open etc, then hiding in a building or behind bushes etc...

If Spiderman's spider senses alerted him of fanboys it would be tingling.....

igrvks
  • igrvks

Proto Hipster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Technically everything you see in game spawns in front of you.

You can really see the police working their detective senses by hiding in the subway system, preferrably in a point where a street goes right above you. Somehow a few police cruisers decide to dismount exactly on top of you to investigate the area every single time. Another great example of Los Santos's finest is their amazing capability to analyze forensic evidence with such effect they can retrace the steps of a perp who has killed a low level gang banger in the ghetto, in the middle of the night AND dispatch 3-5 squad cars for active search AND somehow always end up in the same general area where the suspect is hiding even after he has driven to other part of the city. They also have some superhuman level capabilities of reading people, since they can spot the suspect from a group of males with same age, skin color, build and type of clothing and give chase only to this one suspect. There is no need to question everyone and there will be no wrong turns or searching from wrong area when detective Dick McSuperman is on the f*cking case.

Oh, what if you have hit someone or done some other minor crime and want to just f*cking surrender because you have so much money you just rather pay a few grand instead of a 15 minute Michael Bay-chase that spans from Vinewood to Paleto Bay? Tough sh*t, for some reason you can't surrender anymore like in IV. At least I Couldn't, for me the police just stood there aiming at me for a few seconds before opening fire. Because I punched someone.

There are no police officers in Los Santos. I know they are f*cking T-800's. That is the only explanation for their capabilities and the intensity of their actions.

• Cutter De Blanc and Timely like this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Technically everything you see in game spawns in front of you.

You can really see the police working their detective senses by hiding in the subway system, preferrably in a point where a street goes right above you. Somehow a few police cruisers decide to dismount exactly on top of you to investigate the area every single time. Another great example of Los Santos's finest is their amazing capability to analyze forensic evidence with such effect they can retrace the steps of a perp who has killed a low level gang banger in the ghetto, in the middle of the night AND dispatch 3-5 squad cars for active search AND somehow always end up in the same general area where the suspect is hiding even after he has driven to other part of the city. They also have some superhuman level capabilities of reading people, since they can spot the suspect from a group of males with same age, skin color, build and type of clothing and give chase only to this one suspect. There is no need to question everyone and there will be no wrong turns or searching from wrong area when detective Dick McSuperman is on the f*cking case.

Oh, what if you have hit someone or done some other minor crime and want to just f*cking surrender because you have so much money you just rather pay a few grand instead of a 15 minute Michael Bay-chase that spans from Vinewood to Paleto Bay? Tough sh*t, for some reason you can't surrender anymore like in IV. At least I Couldn't, for me the police just stood there aiming at me for a few seconds before opening fire. Because I punched someone.

There are no police officers in Los Santos. I know they are f*cking T-800's. That is the only explanation for their capabilities and the intensity of their actions.

/thread and its my f*cking thread.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Playing right now. Punched someone brb cops shooting me, brb 3 f*cking mins for the stars to disappear, brb cops hanging around the area I am hiding in and found me need to run away again, brb hit a cop accidently with my car trying to escape three stars, brb cop spawned infront of me time to take a left, brb that left was a bad If*ckINGDEA f*ck THIS LOAD.

Pretty much how most my encounters go but srsly that just happened to me like 2 minutes ago PISSED ME THE f*ck OFF

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

That's where they spawn out of nowhere though, in LOS refind the suspect mode. Nearly every time, a cop appears right on the road I'm driving on several paces ahead so I have to keep making big turns everywhere because the dispatcher is a witch.

TaazR
  • TaazR

Interiors & Parkour

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by taazr, 22 September 2013 - 09:58 AM.

Another thing that they downgraded for V. They could've at least used the witness system from RDR, but no. What's the point of the stealth skill outside of missions if the cops always know where you are when you shoot someone, even if you're hiding with a silenced sniper?

Then theres' this bullsh*t: if I'm driving through LS and I simply bump into someone with my car, I get a wanted level STRAIGHT AWAY. Seriously. Literally less than 1 second for me to get a wanted, even if there's no cops around, and no witnesses around. Try it yourself. Even in IV you could hit at least 5 people with your car before you got a wanted.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users