Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,604 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (557 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (165 votes [29.62%])

Percentage of vote: 29.62%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (60 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

3. No, it could be improved. (332 votes [59.61%])

Percentage of vote: 59.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote
gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

The cops aren't that hard until you get to 4 stars. I can always escape 3 stars in singleplayer and multiplayer, and I'm not hiding in my garage, just in dark corners. Its actually very easy for me.

NBking6
  • NBking6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hell no. Alleys, tunnels,and bushes if you're smart and instinctive. That's all I gotta say.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hell no. Alleys, tunnels,and bushes if you're smart and instinctive. That's all I gotta say.

They'll just get out of their car and track you down. You really need to know EXACTLY which tunnels and alley's you can use. Definitely so when you have a chopper on you, which sometimes can see through walls ... There's this one store you can rob which has a river tunnel next to it. Perfect for hiding in, because they won't swim down there and police boats won't spawn. You can easily escape a five star wanted level in there. 

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by Midnightz, 03 May 2014 - 08:22 PM.

I wouldn't say the police are "too hard" but here's what I like and dislike about them:

LIKE:
- Improved AI
- Aggressiveness
- Persistence
- Creative boxing in (in vehicles or onfoot)
- Following/entering buildings
- Escalation of wanted level
- Stores won't do business with you if wanted
- Switching vehicles quickly reduces wanted level if done when unseen
- Swimming underwater sometimes confuses them - they don't know where to look for you

DISLIKE:
- Loitering wanted level (ped calling police)
- Wanted level if you're attacked and defend yourself
- Instant ability to find you despite being hidden before wanted level
- Ability to find you despite not being able to see you during their pursuit
- Fistfights causing wanted level - it should just never happen unless the fighting is excessive (more than 5 peds involved)
- Becoming wanted when absolutely no one is around (in the wilderness)
- High speed car ramming when your vehicle should be faster than theirs

- Persistence despite being hidden for a long time

- Too aggressive at 1 or 2 stars

- Their shooting ability is too accurate

As for the stealth issue: It's ridiculous that we can't use it to gain access to restricted areas. What's the point of a sniper rifle or silencer or sneaking, then?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by AlexL, 10 November 2013 - 02:20 AM.

I wouldn't say the police are "too hard" but here's what I like and dislike about them:

LIKE:
- Improved AI
- Aggressiveness
- Persistence
- Creative boxing in (in vehicles or onfoot)
- Following/entering buildings
- Escalation of wanted level
- Stores won't do business with you if wanted
- Switching vehicles quickly reduces wanted level if done when unseen
- Swimming underwater sometimes confuses them - they don't know where to look for you

DISLIKE:
- Loitering wanted level (ped calling police)
- Wanted level if you're attacked and defend yourself
- Instant ability to find you despite being hidden before wanted level
- Ability to find you despite not being able to see you during their pursuit
- Fistfights causing wanted level - it should just never happen unless the fighting is excessive (more than 5 peds involved)
- Becoming wanted when absolutely no one is around (in the wilderness)
- High speed car ramming when your vehicle should be faster than theirs

As for the stealth issue: It's ridiculous that we can't use it to gain access to restricted areas. What's the point of a sniper rifle or silencer or sneaking, then?

What about the helicopters? You shoot one down and another one comes after 10 seconds, when you have 3 helicopters on your ass it's impossible to shoot them all down before another one spawns... It's damn annoying, it would have been so much better if every helicopter has a 45 sec spawning delay, and they should not spawn RIGHT in the air and close to you, instead they should spawn at the nearest police station AFTER 45 sec and fly towards you last location where you were spotted.

Msteward89
  • Msteward89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

I agree with you to a certain extent. I don't believe there too hard but i don't like there "spidie-sence" either where i drive i hooker up to a moutain and kill her.. No witness' but they know somehow.. That needs to be changed for sure. I do like how you can hear actual witness' call the poilce and report an issue but when your in the boonies there is no way. But as far as difficult , no i don't think there too hard just had to have some ammo and a hell of a get away car. Go up a hill or hide in an alley there EASY to evade. Are you on PS3 or Xbox?

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

I agree with your suggestion. There is a way to deal with all of them and manage it but it requires careful selection of your position. It's easier to block yourself in somewhere and pick all off without a hitch but it's just constant mayhem which can get dull after awhile. I am VERY surprised they never eventually toss tear gas at us. I will write that mod for PC, no doubt. I've been able to spend unlimited time with a 5-star level and no cheats. It's just a matter of running out of bullets. That said, if on the run, it's frustrating to never catch a break between waves. I think R* has plenty of room for improvement to the system. Maybe we'll get it via DLC tweaks?

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by TXF, 10 November 2013 - 04:54 AM.

One thing I noticed while playing that annoys me a bit about police in gtav.. is the fact that, aside from the random shootout, predestrians don't get arrested.

I stand too close to someone, a pedestrian doesn't like it, he attacks me first. No cops come to help. I fight back, i get an instant wanted level and cops show up within seconds.

I used to love getting into fights, then letting the guy chase me near a cop car, and watching him get arrested for hitting me.

I think another issue with GTAV police, is that it's a bit "too" realistic at times. Meaning, if you went out and punched people for no reason, someone would probably call the cops on you. But in a game where the main goal is to cause havoc and destruction, the fact that you get an instant wanted level for almost anything, makes it hard to actually do a lot of the fun stuff. I remember in GTA3, I could run over a whole group of people and I'd be LUCKY to get a single star. I could usually kill a whole group of people and ride off without a single cop showing up, and it was fun. It gave you some freedom. Now, with the cops showing up over almost anything, the game feels like it's trying to give you a hint of freedom, but then takes it away as soon as you get a star, because by then you're forced to run, or start a shootout with cops that'll most likely end in death.

I appreciate the realisim Rockstar, but it's a video game, you're allowed to make some things a bit less realistic for the sake of fun.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:56 AM Edited by AlexL, 10 November 2013 - 05:04 AM.

One thing I noticed while playing that annoys me a bit about police in gtav.. is the fact that, aside from the random shootout, predestrians don't get arrested.

I stand too close to someone, a pedestrian doesn't like it, he attacks me first. No cops come to help. I fight back, i get an instant wanted level and cops show up within seconds.

I used to love getting into fights, then letting the guy chase me near a cop car, and watching him get arrested for hitting me.

I think another issue with GTAV police, is that it's a bit "too" realistic at times. Meaning, if you went out and punched people for no reason, someone would probably call the cops on you. But in a game where the main goal is to cause havoc and destruction, the fact that you get an instant wanted level for almost anything, makes it hard to actually do a lot of the fun stuff. I remember in GTA3, I could run over a whole group of people and I'd be LUCKY to get a single star. I could usually kill a whole group of people and ride off without a single cop showing up, and it was fun. It gave you some freedom. Now, with the cops showing up over almost anything, the game feels like it's trying to give you a hint of freedom, but then takes it away as soon as you get a star, because by then you're forced to run, or start a shootout with cops that'll most likely end in death.

I appreciate the realisim Rockstar, but it's a video game, you're allowed to make some things a bit less realistic for the sake of fun.

Lol half of the time I'm playing the game goes into escaping the police, they definitely need a patch.

"Ah don't want to escape anymo', di polis can take meee!"

Spoiler

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

I think one thing that defines what's wrong with the police in GTAV..

I can be on top of Mount Chiliad. There's only 3 people up there. I can use a silenced pistol and kill all 3 people. I end up with a 1 star wanted level, and within seconds, I have 2 police cars up there.

Notice how many things are wrong with this.

-No one should even know I killed anyone, if I killed them all before anyone called the cops

-cops shouldn't even be able to get to the top of the mountain that fast, especially in normal police cars.

• BoeserBengel83 likes this

Laqueesha
  • Laqueesha

The Right Honourable

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

I agree TXF. The cops should only show up if a witness alerts them, or a cop sees the crime in progress.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

I just drove away from a four star wanted level, only to be greeted by spawning helicopters and clairvoyant police officers. FUN.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, the problem for me is not the difficulty or aggressiveness of the police ( except maybe the stupidly infinite number of police choppers ), its how easy it is to get in trouble, which is WAY TOO EASY. Thats why I have the wanted down cheat remembered by heart. I don't care about trophies but I still don't like having to use it as much as I do. But hey, it beats having to stop what I'm doing to run and hide from the cops for like 3 minutes.

Still how you get in trouble and where the police instantly spawn in places theres no way in hell they would already be (top of mount chilliad for instnce) makes absolutely no goddamn sense. Most times nobody even calls the police or theres nobody there to even call in the first place before there bullsh*t senses go off instantly and all of a sudden they know exactly where to go and who to look for. It's really f*cking stupid and they should work on patching it someday. 

CoyoteX69
  • CoyoteX69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

I've only been playing for 2 days now and I am a casual gamer at best. I do think the cops come after me really quick.. Feel like I'm walking on eggshells not to do anything wrong.

vq35altima
  • vq35altima

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

The cops are very aggressive in this version.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

Is there any difference between online and SP? First day on there was unreal, accuracy and difficulty felt way different.

CoyoteX69
  • CoyoteX69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

So I get 1 star and can most times get away from the cops (finally figured out to avoid the blue blobs on the mini map .. Game didn't explain that too well) .. But if I get 2 stars it's pretty much give up time and wait to get wasted. Usually when running from cops I inevitably run over pedestrians and the 1 star becomes level 2, then 3 , etc... As cops get more aggressive, I get more frantic in trying to get away and hence more careless..

dchiggins
  • dchiggins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

The police dont take any sh*t in this game, I would have liked to have been there while the sergeant was briefing them.
"Ok lads whenever you suspect a crime open fire straight away, even if the suspect is unarmed, just shoot to kill"

Seroiusly once the police crashed into me, I was stationary and I got 2 stars and gunfire.

The biggest danger in los santos is the police ha ha

Ricklarz
  • Ricklarz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

The police dont take any sh*t in this game, I would have liked to have been there while the sergeant was briefing them.
"Ok lads whenever you suspect a crime open fire straight away, even if the suspect is unarmed, just shoot to kill"

Seroiusly once the police crashed into me, I was stationary and I got 2 stars and gunfire.

The biggest danger in los santos is the police ha ha

That's more realistic than what happened to me. I got a wanted level for not being able to pay a taxi fare and was slaughtered as soon as I left the taxi! Not only was I surrounded by an armed response team, a helicopter was also gunning down on me.

I think next time I'll just walk...

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

I really don't think so. Driving into the metro or underground railways seems to be quite effective. I racked up five stars on a rocket launcher rampage on a rooftop with Trevor, killing cops, then managed to off enough of them to run down and nearly hide for long enough to shake it. Another time I killed two cops who had just finished chasing me with two stars, got three stars, then hid in a bush while the chopper hovered around. The stealth system has flaws, but it's a step in the right direction and provides a counter to the higher difficulty level. I'm liking the direction the police are taking now. A little more tactical, whereas in previous games they behaved like zombies with guns.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

Dan Houser: "Police are going to be more intelligent in GTA V and will rely on a cone point of view to spot you in the area".

*Police helicopters spawn ahead of the player*

f*ck off Houser.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

The police? Tactical? Only if you consider rushing suicidally forward en masse and overwhelming you with sheer weight of numbers to be tactical - think "going over the top" in the trenches during World War One.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

The police? Tactical? Only if you consider rushing suicidally forward en masse and overwhelming you with sheer weight of numbers to be tactical - think "going over the top" in the trenches during World War One.

"Oh look that guy's got a tank and he just killed an army of policemen, let's send more!"

"Oh look that guy's got a military jet, let's spawn enough helicopters ahead of him and shoot him till his engine stops... at 35.000 feet!"

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

I wouldnt say the cops are more intelligent as much as their shooting seems to be much more accurate & deadly than IV, their cop cars ram harder at only two stars and they have invoked new superpowers like teleportation/supersonic speed from point A to B.

I decided to invoke cheats during a session because gun battles with cops/gangs was one of my fave things in the series. Obviously you wont last too long in "V" doing duals with gangs and cops.

I was also robbing the 2 stores to the left of the pacific bluffs and banham canyon, frequenty. As I kept robbing them and eluding cops. The curious thing is, the cops *seemed* to be getting worse?! My nephew was playing it before me under his own account and he was getting stars w/ the military, even entering codes to drop his stars down to one, he immediately had 3 stars, then a 4th star. This was out in a desert-like area, not on the base.

Well as I kept robbing stores, having to wait some time between, the cops seemed to get more aggressive. The store owners would keep appearing and acting the same, sometimes trying to shoot you, other times giving you the money. One time, I had to shoot the owner, get the cash out of the register, then as I began to run away from the register, there were already 2 cop cars and 4 cops outside with guns pointed at the building, they werent there just an instant earlier! I also noticed that even though I had TIME on my 5minute invincibility (1 or 2+minutes), after robbing the store & trying to leave, my invincibility was immediately deactivated! :wtf:

The next time, they followed my car all the way up the mountain (not on a trail or dirt road) & kept ramming it etc. So maybe this is what Dan means in adding *intelligence* to them or what I think, superpowers of instant teleportation! After getting on the roadway in a fast car, I noticed a cop car that looked like it teleported from the lower left of my radar to midways where he appeared on the winding road I was on trying to escape. Its odd, how it seems that you can get one star and then IF/when a cop *sees* you, its automatically 2 stars. So what if in real life, a cop gets a dispatch to look for a vehicle in the area that may have been involved in some sort of crime, when he sees your car, he is immediately allowed to floor it, ram your car and shoot you dead... Really?!?!

I havent played very far in the game and I have the latest patch 1.05, doesnt seem like I noticed some of these odd behaviors before.

Ova-Destroy
  • Ova-Destroy

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Their aim is the overpowering

its to easy to get stars for dumb things

adlerjac
  • adlerjac

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

I love how they can shoot upward out of a helicopter door through the rotors and take out my buzzard....not.

HellsKilla
  • HellsKilla

GTA Gun

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

I agree with the fact that we spend more time killing & running from the cops, then actually playing GTAV for what it is.

While I’m playing GTAV SP or Online, it’s guaranteed that the 5-0 is lingering around somewhere to start trouble. After killing as many as I can I inevitably get killed, and then you somehow have to get your vehicle back from them! Which of course they just waiting for you, to go for round two. :miranda:

When ramming the 5-0 I sometime find their vehicles to be utter bricks, they receive no damage & build this super powered acceleration & return a counter smash not even the Marvel Avengers could pull off!

If you drive pass a cop with a one star wanted level you should be pushed up a star for “Resisting Arrest”, but the whole shoot to kill at star level one & two is total rubbish!

One Star – Peaceful, Non-violent, TAZER & Verbal Warning pursuit.

Two Star – P.I.T’s, Rolling Road Blocks & other tactics maybe even citizen assistance every-so-often.

Three Star – Helicopter support, Spikes / Shooting tyres & heavy resistance with possibility of arrest. NOT immediate death!

Four Star – Full POLICE force.

Five Star – Full Police & Military force, at all costs.

As motioned by everyone the teleporting ability is too much, how you supposed to lose them‽

nivek500
  • nivek500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

For those who said anything about there is no 5 stars wanted level.
haven't been busy raising it long enough.
now i've done this in online multiplayer, using a jet fighter. i was just flying arround for like 15 to 30 minutes. and kept killing any cop car/ helicopter that's getting locked.
after nearly half an hour i've finally got the 5 stars wanted level.

I have to say i dislike the militairy wanted level (5 stars)
because in gta san andreas when you have 5 stars, you'd be chased by a militairy jet fighter.
tanks would come after you, the whole damn militairy would be used. just like the heist with trevor in the desert.

That's not happening in gta V with 5 stars....

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

For those who said anything about there is no 5 stars wanted level.
haven't been busy raising it long enough.
now i've done this in online multiplayer, using a jet fighter. i was just flying arround for like 15 to 30 minutes. and kept killing any cop car/ helicopter that's getting locked.
after nearly half an hour i've finally got the 5 stars wanted level.

I have to say i dislike the militairy wanted level (5 stars)
because in gta san andreas when you have 5 stars, you'd be chased by a militairy jet fighter.
tanks would come after you, the whole damn militairy would be used. just like the heist with trevor in the desert.

That's not happening in gta V with 5 stars....

Do you mean 6 stars?

nivek500
  • nivek500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by nivek500, 14 November 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Do you mean 6 stars?

yes my bad, but it seems that the 6th stars has been deleted during the update..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users