Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,682 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (638 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (176 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (72 votes [11.29%])

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

3. No, it could be improved. (390 votes [61.13%])

Percentage of vote: 61.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

just found a new way to get rid of these dudes!:

hide in bushes. I just saw a video of it now! :cool:

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

And thats another problem. I shouldnt have to exploit a glitch to get away from the cops.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

And thats another problem. I shouldnt have to exploit a glitch to get away from the cops.

It's not a glitch.

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by X12-1992, 03 November 2013 - 01:14 AM.

Either way, I think R* should implement a difficulty slider, which will effect what medal you get when you complete a mission. Completing a mission on Easy will get you a Bronze Medal, Normal will get you a Silver Medal, Hard will get you a Gold Medal, and Very Hard will get you a Platinum Medal. Skipping a mission will get you an Iron Medal. The mission scores will be percentages, for example, completing all optional objectives would get you a 100% on the mission, and whatever medal you get depends on what difficulty you played it on. The difficulty can be changed anytime during free roam. On Easy cops will be much less aggressive and unless you are in the line of sight of anyone, the cops will not be called. On Very Hard all cops are FIB and you can get a five star rating in a few minutes. 

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

?

elias2012
  • elias2012

Master gangster

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I totally agree. The police are too hard to escape. I miss the old days gta 4 where it was still easy. That's okay, though, because that's what makes it more realistic.

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by TXF, 03 November 2013 - 07:37 PM.

I just got the game on the first, 2 days ago. I've been playing it pretty much constantly since then. And some things I noticed about the cops are..

- They're really easy to lose..sometimes. The AI seems to be bugged a bit. If you hide in a tunnel or under a bridge, a lot of times they'll drive on top and not be able to get to you. Same goes for driving on train tracks and stuff. Other times though, I'll punch someone, get 1 star, run 4 blocks away, hide in a bush behind a dog house while crouched down, and they'll come right for me like they know my exact location.

- They put more effort into knocking your car off the road. Not a bad thing, but can be annoying if you're in a slow car. Semi-Realistic though, and not TOO hard to get away, so it's not bad.

- It's way too easy to get a wanted level. I'll be under a bridge. Only 1 person anywhere near by that'd be able to see me. I shoot him in the head with a single bullet of a silenced pistol. I instantly get a star. Other times though, I'll run down the street punching everyone, and it takes 6-7 people before a star pops up.

- They tend to have really good aim. Driving around a corner at 40 mph, and they still hit almost every shot they take on me.

- Also, since when do cops shoot instantly at 1 star. Like, seriously? I punched 1 guy, and they're shooting at me.

- I also don't understand why, if there's a shootout between a cop and random people... If you HELP the cops, and kill the guys they're shooting at, you get a wanted level. They should be happy you helped. As interesting as the random shootouts are, they're kinda pointless if you can't even help the police without an instant wanted level.

I wouldn't say they're too hard, but I would say they find out you did something way too fast.

My suggestion for fixing it, would be to bring out an update. This update would make it so cops don't instantly notice every little crime you commit, if there's no one around to see it. Even if someone hears it, no one's gonna call the police instantly just because they heard what MIGHT be a gun shot. They could also fix the AI a bit so they ram your car a BIT less, just to make them a little less annoying to deal with. Also make it so they can't pinpoint your location from 4 blocks away. I'm not too concerned with them getting stuck on bridges and tunnels, as it's nice to be able to use them for hiding and now they'll PROBABLY work. Their aim could be made a bit worse too, it's a little too accurate at the moment.

• ten-a-penny likes this

sirrap1
  • sirrap1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

I don't like how you fire one shot and instantly get 2 star warning level equipped with a helicopter!

Also sometimes I'm unarmed but still shot down like a rabid dog. I'd prefer being cuffed and sent to jail but these cops shoot to kill.

sirrap1
  • sirrap1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Last night I witnessed a first. My son was playing and got into a police chase on the GOH. He drive off the road towards the ocean, jumped out off the car and swam out...the cops were relentless! One even swam out after him! I didn't know they would go that far, after all my son was chasing a criminal to begin with.

terickson30
  • terickson30

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think one of the things that makes the police so tough is that they don't seem to miss unless there is a physical object in their way. In shootouts I've had, they come through a door I'm aiming at, waiting for them to come through, and they still manage to hit me. They aim well, which is to be expected from police, but the real problem is that they aim perfectly in literally an instant.

I can't hit them before they hit me. Eventually, I will be killed by them unless I am fleeing them. Basically, they will quickly beat you in a shoutout unless you have a serious advantage. They don't seem to be nearly as powerful in missions, but outside them they are significantly overpowered. This problem with aiming also applies while in a vehicle.

The police cars seem to be impossible to outrun. No matter how fast I go, they go faster. It feels like, if their cars could fly, I couldn't outrun them in a fighter jet.
  • Ermac. likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

The police cars seem to be impossible to outrun. No matter how fast I go, they go faster. It feels like, if their cars could fly, I couldn't outrun them in a fighter jet.

It's not just the police i've noticed. I hit a car yesterday and the movements of the civilian (chase, slow down, hit rear quarter) mimic that of the cops. The whole A.I system, no matter the car, is out to get you when necessary and are faster anyway.

Gingersnaps
  • Gingersnaps

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

I just got a 3 star wanted level because I was watching a police shootout (that didn't involve me) and the last cop was killed and fell against my car.

wat.

Aragrox
  • Aragrox

F*ck That

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

The cop system is f*cking stupid.

terickson30
  • terickson30

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

I just got a 3 star wanted level because I was watching a police shootout (that didn't involve me) and the last cop was killed and fell against my car.
wat.

A police car rear ended me once while it was chasing someone else, and I got a one star wanted level. I wasn't even moving at all when it hit me.

OpenWorld23
  • OpenWorld23

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

I've has problems with cops in GTA 5 as well. Like when you have a mere two or three stars even on one star wanted level cops seem to spawn near the front of you when you know for a fact there's no cops they on your radar when you are trying to loose them. Makes losing cops in missions kind of annoying. They should have brought back the lock wanted level cheat. Also, is anyone else annoyed by the fact you get a wanted level after bailing out of an airplane after the airplane or chopper explodes on the ground? Like for example after I stole a fighter jet from fort zancudo and they shot my engine up pretty bad I lost power and had to eject and after my plane crashed I had a wanted level again.

terickson30
  • terickson30

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

I've has problems with cops in GTA 5 as well. Like when you have a mere two or three stars even on one star wanted level cops seem to spawn near the front of you when you know for a fact there's no cops they on your radar when you are trying to loose them. Makes losing cops in missions kind of annoying. They should have brought back the lock wanted level cheat. Also, is anyone else annoyed by the fact you get a wanted level after bailing out of an airplane after the airplane or chopper explodes on the ground? Like for example after I stole a fighter jet from fort zancudo and they shot my engine up pretty bad I lost power and had to eject and after my plane crashed I had a wanted level again.

In GTA-IV, I liked that cheats were saved in the cell phone after you entered them once. It made it easy to spawn vehicles, etc., especially if being chased by police. The full health cheat was one that I used frequently, but the cheats we have in GTA-V can't be used without pressing all of the buttons. When I'm in Fort Zancudo, one of the biggest problems I have when I am trying to steal planes is that they get seriously damaged without fail, and even if I managed to take off, their engine dies.

Having the cheat system from GTA-IV would help even the odds against the police, who are very overpowered in several ways.

dado123
  • dado123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

There are some bugs with the police, ex. when i was going to get my car at the cop impound... I was going there with, like, 2 stars. I lost them and went for my car, suddenly, i started being wanted for approaching the impound? wtf?

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

They (R*) really need to TONE THE F DOWN on the police sudden Radar spawning and remove the F "Hammer From Behind" EFFect!

Give me a f break!

I'm driving a Coquette at full speed on the highway and a Wanted Level 3 and those effin ... hit me from behind and make me spin ...? Are you eFF serious?

And they stick like glue ... :-/

As if ....

HARDSTYLE83
  • HARDSTYLE83

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

even w/ all stars u can escape from the police by simply going into that tunnel from the first heist mission.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

one time in gta online i was driving around los santos when another player was being chased by the police when all of a sudden one of the cop cars hit my car and now i had a one or two star wanted level.

dado123
  • dado123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

They (R*) really need to TONE THE F DOWN on the police sudden Radar spawning and remove the F "Hammer From Behind" EFFect!

Give me a f break!

I'm driving a Coquette at full speed on the highway and a Wanted Level 3 and those effin ... hit me from behind and make me spin ...? Are you eFF serious?

As if ....

This is internet, you can swear freely.

dado123
  • dado123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

one time in gta online i was driving around los santos when another player was being chased by the police when all of a sudden one of the cop cars hit my car and now i had a one or two star wanted level.

I know right, it's like

*Other player passes*

*Cops chasing him*

*Cops hit your car*

Cops: HEY!!! WE HIT HIM!!! LET FILL HIS BODY WITH BULLETS!

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I don't find them difficult, they are just ANNOYING AS HECK.

AshMan306
  • AshMan306

Sit down and shut up.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Give me a f break!

As if ....

They don't f*cking stick to the road when you play pin ball with them with an eighteen wheeler (need a trailer to keep the f*ckers at bay behind ya. Use the tractor unit as a battering ram and they aint not longer in yer way. The best truck iv noticed with these trailers the Phantom & Packer will pull the RON tanker at full speed but the jo built will not but will pull a reefer at full speed. I have used all 3 trucks while getting chased by the piggies and the jo built lasts the longest iv took it from the docks right up to paleto bay. Granted the front wheels were not pointing in the correct way but it still out ran the piggies. And for an added bounce if you take the RON tanker before you set off put a few sticky bombs on it just incase.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

I'm defiantly in the minority here (like my opinion on flying in GTA V), but I thought the police system was much better than GTA IV, and in some cases, actually easier since the cops didn't have x-ray vision like they did in GTA IV. Yes they were tough, but they made police chases have the right balance between fun and realism.

DeceptiJon
  • DeceptiJon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I find the wanted level to be way too sensitive. One time I put my controller down while a taxi was bringing me somewhere and then all of a sudden a cop car flings into the taxi car giving me one star. I ended up getting killed because I wasn't paying attention. 

It hasn't happened to me all the time, but definitely more than once. 

FightBub
  • FightBub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

I guess cops are there to stop rampaging. If it was too easy, it wouldn't be fun. I guess you need balance. But I wish the cops didn't spawn out of nowhere

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:01 AM Edited by senormidget, 08 November 2013 - 09:02 AM.

Yes and no.

They shoot way too readily, I got shot at just for standing in front of an airport cop for too long. (I was Franklin at the time though so pretty realistic based on American police!)

They're also too accurate, you see shoot-outs on the news where it takes the cops 50 rounds to hit a perp but on GTA they pepper you with bullets as you soar past at 700mph in a fighter jet.

Their pursuit is challenging enough around the city but in the country it's just silly, if you get a little ahead of them and just go off-road they are clueless and you just have to park in a field for a few minutes. 

Helicopters are damn annoying but it would be way too easy without them.

I really like how if a cops car gets destroyed but he survives, he just jacks up a civilian vehicle and carries on the chase.

LosSantosKing
  • LosSantosKing

Los Santos King

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

It's GTA and yes they suck but thats the game.

Yeah i know they are over aggressive in GTA 5 as they are idiotic and relentless but to be honest they are a f***ing pain in the ASS in real life as well.

What i do in GTA 5 when they just wont back off is go at them hard. Shoot back at em and knock more than a few off. It feels good when you finally get away. But if you die? then all i can say is suck it up. It's just a game after all.

Erempiris
  • Erempiris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Ladies and gentlemen. THIS is why I believe that the cops in GTAV are AWESOME. 

PLEASE be warned! The footage contained in the link below contains a high-speed chase which ends in cops shooting the perpetrator. He did not survive. While no gore is visible in the video you can hear shots being fired. 

http://www.liveleak....=cd3_1383861373

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users