Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,691 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (649 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (176 votes [27.12%])

Percentage of vote: 27.12%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (72 votes [11.09%])

Percentage of vote: 11.09%

3. No, it could be improved. (401 votes [61.79%])

Percentage of vote: 61.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

El Virus Los Antrax

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

The cops are not that bad. I read in a post someone said they getting chased maybe one-two stars up? Not sure, but, they just hid in the bushes and the cops didn't see them. I tried that but got seen, so maybe they talking lies?

Not so, it does work.

I hid in the bushes near the air force base when i was shooting the troops, 3 stars and they went away.

Find the right ones and they work well, if you're lucky..

O'yeah? sh*t, I hid in the bushes as said not far up from the weed place and they found me. I was fully covered I couldn't even see myself. The arrow even went silver for me, does that mean I was hidden? Or means nothing? I never taken much notice before but it was not orange when I was hidden and I was with, Trevor.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

If you're away from roads and have a good spot to hide, it occasionally happens where they'll look elsewhere. As said, it's just luck.

If the search function comes on, you're in a good position.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

proof the wanted system is bugged and broken as is the majority of the AI in the game 

Does this sound familiar and this is animal AI not police AI, but has exactly the same issues.

now the elks have super human senses like the police

"WHAT YOU CAN NOT DO

Make A LOT of noise. Explosions will be heard by the elk even across the map and you will fail the mission."

taken from this post.

http://gtaforums.com...-with-no-stars/

My guess is that the wanted star system works similiar. If you kill/blow up/hurt anything while being spotted by anyone, it automatically triggers a wanted level after a short period of time (or instantly, if cops are nearby). The problem seems to be that the game does not seem to check if the person that spotted you is actually alive long enough to theoretically being able to call 911.

exactly - i am not saying that they share the same AI programming,  just that similar bugs are apparent across similar mechanics in the game which inadvertantly "brake" the experience and consistency

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

I managed to take down at least 10 police choppers on a Speedophile yesterday via grenades, sticky bombs, and the combat pistol. It would have been a great escape (police boats are relatively easy to avoid), but the helis were respawing as soon as i took one down. Don't even get me started on the fact that they spawn thousands of feet in the air right in front of your face when you're flying in a plane with 4 or 5 stars.

Flying the fighter jet just makes them come at you even quicker, especially high up.
Has anyone taken the heli to it's highest point to see if it's possible to get their heights?
Or is it the same as the jet's?

But, this worked for me twice - go high and when they're behind you, sink to cloud level and fly upside down... Maybe the upside down thing was a fluke, but they seemed to spawn at the same altitude when you're below them. Gives you enough time to lose the stars before they magically say hello, especially when they spawn from out in the middle of the ocean.

And don't fly in a straight line when you have stars.
Jets go higher

Ghettoblaster
  • Ghettoblaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

ANYONE saying that the cops in this game aren't broken are f*cking idiots and need to sit down and play the game.

You do realize that TALKING to a cop gets you arrested right? Sitting in your car within 10 feet of a cop (On ANY CHARACTER) gets you shot in the head. Talk to a pedestrian, make him hit you and a cop starts unloading with a gun. They spawn instantly out of thin air in the middle of no where.

Obviously if you BREAK INTO an airport or a fort you'll get cops up your asshole, that's not the REAL issue. Stop being fan boys and realize that they're f*cked up. This games amazing, but pull your heads out of your asses. The cops are broken.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

ANYONE saying that the cops in this game aren't broken are f*cking idiots and need to sit down and play the game.

You do realize that TALKING to a cop gets you arrested right? Sitting in your car within 10 feet of a cop (On ANY CHARACTER) gets you shot in the head. Talk to a pedestrian, make him hit you and a cop starts unloading with a gun. They spawn instantly out of thin air in the middle of no where.

Obviously if you BREAK INTO an airport or a fort you'll get cops up your asshole, that's not the REAL issue. Stop being fan boys and realize that they're f*cked up. This games amazing, but pull your heads out of your asses. The cops are broken.

you find them HARD and f@cked up because YOU doesn't know how to deal with them :bored:

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

I just discovered Cops actually have Nightsticks in their inventory, they just don't use them. (One of those cops in the metro, I tazed him and before he could get his Pistol out I kicked him, once he went got K.O'd he dropped a nightstick)

philadelphiaflyers
  • philadelphiaflyers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Well said. The cops need an update patch or something because they ruin the game experience completely. Its such a nice beautiful environment to explore and drive through but no matter how fast you go they always catch up to you and spawn ahead of you so youre always on the run and dont get the feel the city if you know what I mean..like a nfs game. I can battle the cops but you cant get away from a never ending supply of choppers that dont miss when they shoot. And the 8 man swat truck wit hthe guys hanging on shooting perfectly with an automatic with one hand? Thats realism. Why dont the cops have k9's? The funniest thing I seen was that typical one cop car chase thing that spawn around you sometimes, the cops got out and started shooting and a dog ran up and took down the cops i was dying ahaha

Ghettoblaster
  • Ghettoblaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:52 AM Edited by Ghettoblaster, 01 November 2013 - 04:54 AM.

you find them HARD and f@cked up because YOU doesn't know how to deal with them :bored:

Hey dipsh*t, thats not what i said. Before you spout off, read the post.

Honestly what the f*ck is going through your head, where in that post do you see ANYTHING about how "hard" they are? "Obviously if you BREAK INTO an airport or a fort you'll get cops up your asshole, that's not the REAL issue"  Why cant you read?

The cops being hard have nothing to do with MY post. Im not the OP. Read a post and actually reply to whats inside of it, not to some random ass thought that just passed through your empty head.

Ghettoblaster
  • Ghettoblaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

Honestly what the f*ck is going through your head, where in that post do you see ANYTHING about how "hard" they are? "Obviously if you BREAK INTO an airport or a fort you'll get cops up your asshole, that's not the REAL issue"  Why cant you read?

The cops being hard have nothing to do with MY post. Im not the OP. Read a post and actually reply to whats inside of it, not to some random ass thought that just passed through your empty head.

Dont know why that post is in white. cute though

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by ten-a-penny, 01 November 2013 - 08:54 AM.

who have the super-broken understanding now?

you said that people who say that the police system is good are idiots.

well I find them MORE than fine. read more before replying.

and need to sit down and play the game.

I've played beat the game for a whole month and STILL playing it :p. still nothing. can escape a whole 4-star wanted-level without problems. :p

You do realize that TALKING to a cop gets you arrested right

I talked to those dudes like tons of times and STILL nothing.

Sitting in your car within 10 feet of a cop (On ANY CHARACTER) gets you shot in the head.

first that never happened to me :bored: second, me. with my Black AK. if someone stands with me for a lot of time, of course I'll try evading him. especially if my sister is with me :p

Obviously if you BREAK INTO an airport or a fort you'll get cops up your asshole

this is ALSO in GTA IV so don't act like this is the first time it come to a game :p

if so, buy the LS international airport, they wont chase you. :bored:

Stop being fan boys and realize that they're f*cked up

no they are not. you are the person who doesn't know how to deal with them :p I just played the game for a short month and KNOW how to evade them :p

this is the 23 time I read your post :sarcasm:

Honestly what the f*ck is going through your head

what's going on in my head now? now lets see, trying to figure out what to say next, plus fighting to know more types of fighter aircraft, STILL fighting to draw my childhood friend "that -I-didn't-see-him-since-he-was-in-the-first-elementary-school-class :cry: " in Trevor's artwork

sh!t is in my head :pp

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

You really make my skin crawl.

Back to topic: Has anyone even considered the fact that the police puts an APB on you and units will be searching all 'round the state?

That infact happened in IV, but units were disparsed or were really away from the crime scene, making it able for you to get a clear getaway.

And I honestly think Choppers were already spawned, its just the GPS that delays a couple of seconds in telling you what is coming.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

"Hey bud how are you?" "That's it, I'm calling the Police."

U wot?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Meh, it's more like:

Hey Man.

Hello.

So how's it going?

You know what? You're one nasty f*ck.

Dude chill out or im calling the cops.

COME ON, BRING IT MOTHERf*ckER

f*ck this dude im calling five-o

(Police Scanner: Citizen's report, complaints of harrasment towards a crowd, at ummh... Del Perro Beach)

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

f*ck this dude im calling five-o

Trevor i'm assuming? I'd probably do the same thing if he were next to me irl :p

But i see your point.

Apparently the cops like their building, crashed into it again today and instant 2 stars. Bastards.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

If you're playing as Trevor, that's understandable, but taking Franklin for a walk with Chop (or should that be the other way around) someone pushes Franklin and punches him for no reason. I lock onto the attacker, but even before Franklin takes a swing at him....PING...one star and three police cruisers teleport in within five seconds. Police/Wanted system IS broken.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yesterday a cop was chasing a vehicle. Said vehicle passed me. The cop smashed into my rear-end and suddenly I have a wanted level; I heard some crap about "obstructing" or something. The cop hit me and I get a wanted level? That's pretty dumb. Is it going to ruin my life? No.

Almost everyone's aggressiveness seems ramped up. Go stand by just about anyone and chances are they're likely to insult you and then pull out guns. For standing there.

geomason
  • geomason

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Cops are sh*t in this game, in GTA IV they were fun...and fat.

Luthandrian
  • Luthandrian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

I agree. Sometimes I just want to let loose and fly through the streets to get from point A to point B but I'll clip some pedestrian who didn't look both ways and now I need to divert my attention to avoiding the cops for a couple minutes. It's annoying.

LET THE BOY WREAK HAVOK!

But hey, this game is awesome, they have to leave some room for improvement for GTA 6 on the Xbox 1 in 4-5 years! I like the idea of cops only using stun guns with one star. maybe dogs/bean bag guns etc for 2 star, 3 star could be shoot to kill, 4 star could be all sorts of crazy ground vehicles, 5 star+ deploy the helicopters.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Police are totally out of control in this game, can't even barely kill 1 person even with just using the stun gun without being totally swarmed by them. The time you have to remain 'out of their sight' to lose the wanted level also lasts WAY too long.

taylorproject12
  • taylorproject12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

The wanted system, i admit sometimes can be a bit over the top. But overall rockstar have made another brilliant addition of Grand Theft Auto and they have a lot of great features in the game!

Gingersnaps
  • Gingersnaps

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

I change my mind. After more game time, I admit they are too tough. I can't even walk down Grove St. and finish a fist fight before a pair of squads are pulling up.

And the helicopters are friggin' relentless. Shoot down 2 and within 5-10 seconds there's 2 more hovering over you. You can't even have a good old fashioned police shootout unless you're camping inside one of the stores.

Definitely irritating at times.

IRiSH420SM0k3z
  • IRiSH420SM0k3z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

No, theyre annoying though, you notice the sherif cars are more difficult to escape from as they follow you on any terrain in those white cop cars, but the city cops in the black and white cars are easy as hell to evade, park in an allyway and theyre gone lol

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

I Will admit. The Police is a pain in the ass. But after a while you will get used to it.

Everyone hates the police when they start. Hell, I Even remember when GTA 3 Police was so difficult.

Oh yeah, Anybody remember's GTA IV Police? They all were hard in the beginning.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Oh yeah, Anybody remember's GTA IV Police? They all were hard in the beginning.

I feel your pain :sui:

I always had a damn headache from trying to escape them! :die:

QuickObjective
  • QuickObjective

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:42 AM Edited by QuickObjective, 02 November 2013 - 10:44 AM.

If your on xbox then there is a cheat which reduces the aggressive nature of the police and doesn't affect your achievements

Press HOME (Middle button), Y, UP on d pad, A.

Hope this helps

Hope the ones that think cops are too hard use this cheat!

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Like many people have said, the cops are not "difficult" per say, but overly agressive. I can outlast the cops no problem, but doing it in a short time.....just aint happening. Also like others have said, if i blow up a car in the Grand Senora Desert, away from anyone else, i should NOT get a wanted level. AT ALL. The game should reward stealth more often. I can understand getting a wanted level by doing something out in the view of many people, but a sneaky assassination against someone, that shouldnt get a wanted level if no one is around to see it.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Like many people have said, the cops are not "difficult" per say, but overly agressive. I can outlast the cops no problem, but doing it in a short time.....just aint happening. Also like others have said, if i blow up a car in the Grand Senora Desert, away from anyone else, i should NOT get a wanted level. AT ALL. The game should reward stealth more often. I can understand getting a wanted level by doing something out in the view of many people, but a sneaky assassination against someone, that shouldnt get a wanted level if no one is around to see it.

:^: this:^:

Spaaaaccceee
  • Spaaaaccceee

Corrupted Personality Core

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

I somewhat agree with your opinion, I wouldn't say they're difficult, but I would say they are more realistic in the fact that the chases last longer, but one annoying thing is that the Police Helicopters are very Overpowered, and Call me bad at the game but i find it difficult to lose a wanted level if I have a single Police Helicopter after me as their field/cone of vision is massive (Realistic but Difficult), and everytime I seem to finally get out of the field/cone another 90% of the time spawns in front of me and the Cops instantly see me again! :miranda:

• ten-a-penny likes this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Cops are too aggressive

It takes so long to get away from them. I was hiding in a tunnel for awhile just waiting for a 2 star wanted level to go away.

I shouldn't be shot dead on sight for sliding over a police car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users