Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,640 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (589 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (171 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (63 votes [10.70%])

Percentage of vote: 10.70%

3. No, it could be improved. (355 votes [60.27%])

Percentage of vote: 60.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote
dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Best way to escape 2 stars is park in an alley but get out of your car and take cover behind it.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, I do think the police are too tough and overpowered, hence the amount of health you have. I CAN have quite an unstoppable rampage with Trevor because of his high strength and PCP special ability to do extra damage. However, fighting the police in open areas is almost hopeless with Michael and Franklin. Not only do loads of these guys spawn at once, but they can gun you down within seconds. I don't care how realistic it is, I just wish Rockstar would have added a double health/armour upgrade of some sort like in Vice City and San Andreas.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:23 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 26 October 2013 - 01:24 PM.

I don't want the cops to be easy to slaughter.  I got bored of GTA III and Vice City for that very reason.  After I completed everything and got 100% in each game, it wasn't long before 'rampages' lost their fun.  You could take them on forever in the older GTAs.  

I'm sorry, but GTA III from my experience is the hardest GTA game to survive wanted levels, mainly because of the outdated autoaim system and how fast your health can be drained, as well as how fast forces drive at you. Don't even get me started on the military that can drain your health and armor with assault rifles in less than a second. Vice City on the other hand is a different story, especially when you have extended armour and health, and Tommy's ability to sprint extremely fast.

Also apologise for the double post.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

I like the field of view feauture its really realistic but I also liked the Gta 4 Manhunt Circle. The System in 5 is more realistic but I dont know if you go underground they never find you. But if you hide behind  wall were in Real life no one could see you they like see through Walls very anoying. And in my opinion the Manhunts last way to long and even if you punch somebody in the middle of the Desert they mostly come directly. In Gta 4 I loved having some Punchouts in the Ghetto. But an improvement is that with 1 star you can pretty easily run out the Cops.

yea after spending more time in blaine county, i also think that the cops are actually on the cheap side.

i used to think they were quite easy to escape from, and they are really, in the city, up to 3 star level.

but damn in the countryside theyre harder to escape since there are less dark places to hide, and they can spot from far away across a field, etc.  chases out there last MUCH longer, and can be more messy and difficult to handle.  they do spawn way to fast if you punch out someone there as well, which is bs, concerning realism.  

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Why is everyone so okay with the stupid spawning? The police would seriously have to be interdimensional psychic wizards to know to spawn ahead of me on every road, every time. sh*t, sometimes the game feels like having a laugh and surrounds you with spawns.

And then there's the fact that even when just blowing bikes up on a mountain, somehow I still get a wanted level despite there being no possible way for the cops to find out. Explosions aren't THAT loud.

I also find it funny that people tell us to "just use tactics", because the cops don't seem to. Even if the cops know you're armed and on top of a ladder, they'll still climb up there, just assuming that maybe they won't get shot off the ladder and fall to their deaths. I can easily lose most vehicle units in a few seconds and even the choppers are f*cking stupid.

So the only reason they're any threat is because of the spawns. It's the equivalent of your friend using gameshark in tekken 3 multiplayer and then telling you you're just not good with "Tactics".

• namor likes this

Mr.Wr0ng
  • Mr.Wr0ng

Book-Burner

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by Mr.Wr0ng, 27 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

I also find it funny that people tell us to "just use tactics", because the cops don't seem to. Even if the cops know you're armed and on top of a ladder, they'll still climb up there, just assuming that maybe they won't get shot off the ladder and fall to their deaths. I can easily lose most vehicle units in a few seconds and even the choppers are f*cking stupid.

The cop AI is actually quite competent this time, and they also seem to being able to learn and change their tactics. If you want to see what I mean, get into an ammunation store with a wanted level and camp there for a while. First, they'll just try to rush into that store. After some casualties, they usually build up a vehicle barrier as cover in front of it where several cops provide covering fire. If you start to use explosives to blew up the barrier, they'll park their vehicles outside of your sight. After too many casualties, they'll start to camp outside of the store instead of rushing in.

The most impressive AI performance I've seen so far in this game was a chopper landing on the hospital roof to drop off special forces instead of using the ropes, as I shot them down while they tried climbing down the robes earlier.

Yes, It's true that they rely on swarming, but they actually use and adapt different tactics, which makes fighting with them actually quite entertaining, at least if you manage stay alive for a while.

• BoeserBengel83 likes this

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

cops are easy its the gangs, drive down grove street flip one baller off 20 of em shooting with out thinking :L and cops are easy just gotta get out of eyesight,

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

The police are awesome.

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:22 PM Edited by WorldofCog, 27 October 2013 - 05:27 PM.

You probably won't believe me, but this just happened.

I was playing as Michael. I parked my Adder at an RV rentals place across the street from the Los Santos Customs in the Grand Senora Desert. I parked it, and was browsing the Internet. After a few minutes, a guard came out of nowhere and started shooting at me, and I got a star for absolutely no reason at all. A few seconds later, it becomes a 2-star wanted level, and I end up having to lead the cops on a 10-minute chase through the entire desert. (I kept having cops spawning out of thin air on dirt roads and beaches where I was traveling on.)

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

FS

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I mentioned it on the last page, but the police helicopter spawning seriously needs a fix. In V, as soon as you hit 3 stars, a helicopter materializes out of thin air right above you most of the time, giving you no chance of escape if you aren't in the city. In previous GTA's the helicopters would spawn quite a distance away giving you time to shoot them down on approach (which should have been a useful tactic in V due to the line of sight mechanic). Plus, once destroyed they took around a minute or two to respawn, giving the player a reason to take them down, especially in IV. In V, once you down one chopper, another spawns with it's sights already on you.

I managed to take down at least 10 police choppers on a Speedophile yesterday via grenades, sticky bombs, and the combat pistol. It would have been a great escape (police boats are relatively easy to avoid), but the helis were respawing as soon as i took one down. Don't even get me started on the fact that they spawn thousands of feet in the air right in front of your face when you're flying in a plane with 4 or 5 stars.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

I managed to take down at least 10 police choppers on a Speedophile yesterday via grenades, sticky bombs, and the combat pistol. It would have been a great escape (police boats are relatively easy to avoid), but the helis were respawing as soon as i took one down. Don't even get me started on the fact that they spawn thousands of feet in the air right in front of your face when you're flying in a plane with 4 or 5 stars.

Flying the fighter jet just makes them come at you even quicker, especially high up.

Has anyone taken the heli to it's highest point to see if it's possible to get their heights?

Or is it the same as the jet's?

But, this worked for me twice - go high and when they're behind you, sink to cloud level and fly upside down... Maybe the upside down thing was a fluke, but they seemed to spawn at the same altitude when you're below them. Gives you enough time to lose the stars before they magically say hello, especially when they spawn from out in the middle of the ocean.

And don't fly in a straight line when you have stars.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

If you can understand the Police line of sight and how they attempt to "search" for you, and understand their limitations at exploring upper and lower levels of the game word,  then the Police are much more fun,  however areas like the countryside with the helicopter spawning rates,  you still see flaws in their implementation -

I used to be dead against the poice in V but as I have adjusted my strategy agaist them,  they are more fun to engage, except for the helicopters at 4 stars and above,  the Police I appreciate as an improvement over IV.

DnBSoldierman
  • DnBSoldierman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

No. You just cant drive

vashcampbell
  • vashcampbell

Prof Phat Packs

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Too difficult? Some of the 4 and 5 star weapons do a LITTLE much damage, but I'm more upset how as soon as some other player attacks me, and I start killing him the cops immediately become his butt buddy proteciton voice. Seriously, even if no cops are ANYWHERE near you, and you kill a player you immediately get "spotted" by the police and your radar starts flashing. I can shoot 10 pedestrians in the face without the cops giving a f*ck but HEAVEN forbid I shoot another criminal in the face.

YFV17D
  • YFV17D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Only when they run you off the road at a one or two star level. They are far to hostile. 

Yokairaizen
  • Yokairaizen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Oct 28th, still no patch released that tweaks the Police even just a little bit.. :miranda: :sui:

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:53 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 29 October 2013 - 01:54 AM.

The LSPD and FIB are just the worst. At times I miss the fat and incompetent LCPD and NOOSE.

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by tch2296, 29 October 2013 - 02:21 AM.

I think the police are better than in any previous game because they are more of a challenge but at times it can be a bit much. I really like the line of sight system and have escaped many times using it and it worked perfectly. However I don't like that police know you commit crimes when there is nobody around you and no conceivable way the authorities would have been aware of my behavior. I doubt they will change that however as I'm sure it's an important game mechanic for many of the missions, etc, etc. 

It is what it is. Still fun as f*ck.

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by luisniko, 29 October 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Here's my cop tales:

1. One day I stood in front of a ped. Then 1 star wanted level attained

2. One day I bumped a security. Then 1 star wanted level attained plus bullet in my Mikey's ass

3. One day I honked my car in front of the cops. Then 1 star wanted level attained, plus another one for running away.

4. One day I was chilling in the middle of nature. Nobody's there other than me and a fisherman. So I stealth and smacked him to K.O from behind. Then 1 star wanted level attained with 2 cars incoming towards me.

5. One day I used my Minigun and did a free aim with it without even shooting a single bullet. Everyone ran away. 1 star wanted level attained.

6. One day I saw someone sitting on a chair. Then my Franklin jumped over her and she died. 1 wanted level attained.

...and then there's a Paramedic chasing me. I got on a car and called the cops. After a while, a cop came but he didn't give an F about me getting punched.

GTA logic

-----

Then the Nooses shot me dead during chase while I was using Infernus in top speed and hundred of meters away from them.

:)

And so I blew a stationed police's head with shotgun after killed so many times for petty crime.  :rampage:

Loc389
  • Loc389

I have a gun and a tomahawk

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

I don't find them to be an issue, when I press L3 to crouch and shoot with a suppressor I never get a wanted level, I even went on a 10 minute sniper spree in the desert on that billboard down the street from the hospital/police station in sandy shores without a wanted level as Trevor with a suppressed rifle no issues. Than I got brave shot a cop chasing someone and got a wanted level didn't feel like running so I just did a suicide by cop. 

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

I don't find them to be an issue, when I press L3 to crouch and shoot with a suppressor I never get a wanted level, I even went on a 10 minute sniper spree in the desert on that billboard down the street from the hospital/police station in sandy shores without a wanted level as Trevor with a suppressed rifle no issues. Than I got brave shot a cop chasing someone and got a wanted level didn't feel like running so I just did a suicide by cop. 

Tried this myself just then, same place. Didn't get 10 mins though :p

Crouched - 8 secs

Standing - 22 secs

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

proof the wanted system is bugged and broken as is the majority of the AI in the game 

Does this sound familiar and this is animal AI not police AI, but has exactly the same issues.

now the elks have super human senses like the police

"WHAT YOU CAN NOT DO

Make A LOT of noise. Explosions will be heard by the elk even across the map and you will fail the mission."

taken from this post.

http://gtaforums.com...-with-no-stars/

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

What's with police cars spawning ahead of you every 5 seconds in the countryside? You have a nice police chase going on down a narrow country lane only for a police car to spawn ahead and ram straight into you, its not you like can dodge them either as the road is too narrow. This seriously ruins the flow of the game when in Blaine County.

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I was able to get a police cruiser as Trevor which I store in my garage at Pillbox Hill. I was able to drive off with it because the 2 cops who were in it were killed by gangbangers during a traffic stop. Now seeing how quickly killing a cop earns me 3 stars right away, how come there was no police backup to this incident? The police spawn out of nowhere only when it is ME who is doing the cop-killing, not random criminals??? 

Phappy
  • Phappy

Seems Legit

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

The harder the better. bring on the damn army already.

Mr.Wr0ng
  • Mr.Wr0ng

Book-Burner

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by Mr.Wr0ng, 29 October 2013 - 11:26 PM.

proof the wanted system is bugged and broken as is the majority of the AI in the game 

Does this sound familiar and this is animal AI not police AI, but has exactly the same issues.

now the elks have super human senses like the police

"WHAT YOU CAN NOT DO

Make A LOT of noise. Explosions will be heard by the elk even across the map and you will fail the mission."

taken from this post.

http://gtaforums.com...-with-no-stars/

That has nothing to do with the actual AI of the deer, as that deers' AI shouldn't even be loaded if you are across the map. The game only checks if any explosions occur during these mission stages, and if that happens, it triggers the Mission Failed text. The developers didn't actually thought that someone would just leave the hunting area and free roam instead of hunting the deers down, which is probably why they programmed it that way.

My guess is that the wanted star system works similiar. If you kill/blow up/hurt anything while being spotted by anyone, it automatically triggers a wanted level after a short period of time (or instantly, if cops are nearby). The problem seems to be that the game does not seem to check if the person that spotted you is actually alive long enough to theoretically being able to call 911.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Just crashed into a wall at the police station, instant 2 stars - shot dead.

Angry mofos

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

They aren't too difficult, the problem is that they INSTANTLY know where you are. And the peds just call the cops too quick.

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

El Virus Los Antrax

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

The cops are not that bad. I read in a post someone said they getting chased maybe one-two stars up? Not sure, but, they just hid in the bushes and the cops didn't see them. I tried that but got seen, so maybe they talking lies? I had 2 stars? I robbed the weed place and cops come after me, I think I shot one the workers and a worker called the cops but I tried hiding in the bush and it didn't work. Another problem I hate is when killing gang members or other criminals the cops side with them... Another thing is when I follow the cop chasing a random car of criminals the cop might crash into my or slam on his breaks and I run into him and then they chase me! It's f*cking annoying because I want them to die (cops or the criminals) to steal the cash and guns. 
Everything else is not a worry, robbing stores and how cops get alerted annoys me but I didn't hear until yesterday when robbing a store there is cameras inside. So maybe that's how the cops get noted on you robbing or maybe it's just the clerk pushing a cop button without us seeing or whatever the f*ck it might be but sometimes for f*ck all cash it's annoying. Mainly when I'm in my pimped out ride and have to drive it off cliffs or crazy and smash it up.. can't go pick my hitch-hiking shag up in that beat up ride!

ALSO, NOTHING LIKE SITTING ON FORUMS AND YOUR PS3 TURNING OFF AUTOMATICALLY BEFORE YOU CAN SAVE ANYTHING. DAMN IT!  :lol:

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

The cops are not that bad. I read in a post someone said they getting chased maybe one-two stars up? Not sure, but, they just hid in the bushes and the cops didn't see them. I tried that but got seen, so maybe they talking lies?

Not so, it does work.

I hid in the bushes near the air force base when i was shooting the troops, 3 stars and they went away.

Find the right ones and they work well, if you're lucky..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users