Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,638 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (587 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (170 votes [28.96%])

Percentage of vote: 28.96%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (63 votes [10.73%])

Percentage of vote: 10.73%

3. No, it could be improved. (354 votes [60.31%])

Percentage of vote: 60.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote
mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

I can't get into a bad ass gun fight without being dropped like a sack of bricks by them 

Appleshampoo
  • Appleshampoo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

The police system needs patched asap. It really is jank & is pissing a lot of people off. How am I supposed to terrorize joggers along a deserted beach if Pacific Blue shows up out of nowhere? Grr

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

I agree about weapon silencers. What was the point of Rockstar putting them in the game if they don't even do what they are supposed to do - kill people without getting attention?

BigIce17
  • BigIce17

A Righteous Yout

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

Completely agree.

ballen205
  • ballen205

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

I killed everybody at a BeanMachine once try to influence stocks (didn't work by the way) I collected all there money and was two blocks away before the police came.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

f*ck the police.

• mikeinthahouse and IDAS Leader like this

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by mikeinthahouse, 22 September 2013 - 04:44 AM.

f*ck the police.

f*ck the San Andreas state police.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Kinro
  • Kinro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:47 AM Edited by Kinro, 22 September 2013 - 04:48 AM.

You've got to remember that if you kill someone in the game, and a bystanding npc sees it, they will contact the police.

• Chessmaster likes this

MagicNarcosis
  • MagicNarcosis

The Original.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

I agree with the OP..

Has anyone noticed that there are NO roaming police, unless in pursuit of someone else?

I see no patrolling squad cars unless near the police station, and even then they're stationary.

Kinda bumming me out, these police got that Sam Fisher gear.

• theGTAking101 likes this

PringlesMan
  • PringlesMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Peds love calling the police in GTAV, I bumped into a lady, then she said "Back off or I'm calling the Police" stood there for a few seconds, then "That's it I'm calling the cops". Make sure no one is around, I did the same thing and killed everyone around, Cops didn't come at all. But all of that aside, Bull you're known for Taking a sh*t on GTA V, like you're one of the known Complainers on the forums. Especially for the Driving bullsh*t. So I don't take most sh*t you say seriously.

ballen205
  • ballen205

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Peds love calling the police in GTAV, I bumped into a lady, then she said "Back off or I'm calling the Police" stood there for a few seconds, then "That's it I'm calling the cops". Make sure no one is around, I did the same thing and killed everyone around, Cops didn't come at all. But all of that aside, Bull you're known for Taking a sh*t on GTA V, like you're one of the known Complainers on the forums. Especially for the Driving bullsh*t. So I don't take most sh*t you say seriously.

Once I was using Trevor I walk up to a lady, she called the police I was shock, so i killed that bitch so the police would have a reason to come.

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

I agree. I really find it dumb that as soon as I kill someone, no matter where it is or who's around, I get a wanted level. Although this is the best game I've ever played in my 17 years of video gaming, there's quite a few strange and/or annoying flaws/glitches. They really need to fix the police popping up out of no where too. Magically appearing police is NOT cool.

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

And another stupid thing I noticed, is police can get called on you just for talking to random pedestrians. It's quite bizarre.

liesch
  • liesch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

you are lucky the cops in my game are slightly retarded

Jako98146
  • Jako98146

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Yeah, GTA's weird about cop mechanics.

GTA San Andreas was pretty good with it though

GTA IV was just kind of annoying

GTA V i hate the f*cking police!  When I try to shoot a driver who I ran into, the cops come, when I try to brutally kill some ballas for the sake of nostalgia, cops wreck the fun.  And then it takes 1 million years to shake them, but I respect that part for its realism

What I don't respect is how the spawn 2 feet from you and then seem magically know your location...

• alfonsogomezmontoya likes this

Dest45
  • Dest45

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

You've got to remember that if you kill someone in the game, and a bystanding npc sees it, they will contact the police.

I went to the island with the shack and 3 people around the fire, the only people there, kill them all pretty quickly then 3 seconds later I have cops coming to get me...

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

The cop system in this game is brilliant. Escaping them is finally intelligent and isn't just random driving. If you can't shake them then you need to think more. Seriously.

They don't have magic intelligence and they don't cheat. If they're chasing you and you duck into an alleyway without them seeing you and they go into the alley it's because they know that it's most likely that you went in the alleyway. And if you're anywhere near the crime scene then forget about it, they will search the surround area thoroughly. This is realistic behaviour. Likewise, if you're hiding in a place where they won't look they won't find you. If you're on a rooftop behind cover then they won't find you unless they see you peeking. If you're in a tunnel and you see them looking above you it isn't them having supernatural senses (otherwise they'd be in the tunnel will you), it's them searching for you based on the direction you were headed.

If you're in Los Santos and you need to evade the cops drive down a subway tunnel. They won't follow you and the train will stop before it hits you. If you're in the wilderness then always avoid the roads, as thats where they will look for you.

And this should go without saying, but when you're a reasonable distance out abandon your car and get a new one. If you're in a different car than the one they're told to look out for they won't notice you if you pass through their field of vision (just don't get too close!); Your icon on the map will be greyed out.

• Savo7en likes this

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

It's hit or miss. I sniped someone from the roofs near Wade's cousin's hideout with a silenced rifle and no cop showed up, even though I heard screaming from the streets below.

But, I've also had plenty of times where I killed someone silently with no witnesses around, or killed the other witnesses before they called the cops and yet the cops still show up.

It's weird.

• Timely likes this

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

The cop system in this game is brilliant. Escaping them is finally intelligent and isn't just random driving. If you can't shake them then you need to think more. Seriously.

They don't have magic intelligence and they don't cheat. If they're chasing you and you duck into an alleyway without them seeing you and they go into the alley it's because they know that it's most likely that you went in the alleyway. And if you're anywhere near the crime scene then forget about it, they will search the surround area thoroughly. This is realistic behaviour. Likewise, if you're hiding in a place where they won't look they won't find you. If you're on a rooftop behind cover then they won't find you unless they see you peeking. If you're in a tunnel and you see them looking above you it isn't them having supernatural senses (otherwise they'd be in the tunnel will you), it's them searching for you based on the direction you were headed.

If you're in Los Santos and you need to evade the cops drive down a subway tunnel. They won't follow you and the train will stop before it hits you. If you're in the wilderness then always avoid the roads, as thats where they will look for you.

And this should go without saying, but when you're a reasonable distance out abandon your car and get a new one. If you're in a different car than the one they're told to look out for they won't notice you if you pass through their field of vision (just don't get too close!); Your icon on the map will be greyed out.

R* fanboy alert. The cop system is FAR from brilliant and is quite broke which has been pointed out in this thread. Furthermore, they do have "magic" intelligence. I climbed onto a roof with 2 starts and was presently out of the "alert" state. They were searching for me. I ducked behind an AC unit and there was no line of sight on the road. Somehow I was magically seen. There are countless times where I am hiding, yet magically they find me.

They see you when you are fully hidden. You can deny that all you'd like, but you're just being delusional.

• alfonsogomezmontoya likes this

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

I can't get into a bad ass gun fight without being dropped like a sack of bricks by them 

Thats why Im mostly behaved in game.. Because the cops will magically appear and gun me down with body shots or a magic head shot.. 

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

And sometimes u get 2 stars FOR NO REASON

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

Waiting for R* cocksuckers defending this game.

Because you suck at it, they need to defend it. WTF

Not that but these fanboys see NO flaw with their favorite game. I never tried this but if this really happen then it needs to be fixed. 

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

There are some faults in police ai and in general many things.
On topic, actually problem lies in stealth which feels half-assed for now.

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Seems pretty glitched to me. Just today i crashed into a jeep in the middle of nowhere and got a wanted level(no one else around). Didn't even know you could get a wanted level for crashing into a non police vehicle. 

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

There should have been some areas in the game where we could go on rampages without getting cops attention e.g. Grove Street.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

Wow. I expected to reopen my thread and see a sh*t ton of hate against me. This must be a truely legitimate complaint. Seriously I love the idea of robbing 24/7 (not enough of them tbh) and hiding from the cops but I hate:

1. Robbing a 24/7 and boom 2 stars the minute i pick the bag of cash up

2. Hiding from the cops only to have them STAY around my area until either they catch me OR the wanted disappears 

3. Killing people WITH NO WITNESSES only to have a star

4. The length of f*cking time the 1 star stays on you... Seriously it feels like it is longer than 2 stars at times

5. Random Wanted levels sometimes

Seriously the game would be fine if it wasnt for those flaws. Hopefully a patch fixes it lol seriously I have committed HARDLY ANY crimes due to this fact (wierd considering its a GTA game) and tbh its sucks for the most part. 

Bottom line. It is TOO easy to gets cops and TOO hard to lose them (Not really hard more of a FREQUENT nuisance as you get wanted for the slightest of things...)

• Timely likes this

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Sometimes I even let them kill me so I don't have to go through the trouble to lose them

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I agree with the OP..

Has anyone noticed that there are NO roaming police, unless in pursuit of someone else?

I see no patrolling squad cars unless near the police station, and even then they're stationary.

Kinda bumming me out, these police got that Sam Fisher gear.

I still don't get this complaint. I see plenty of patrolling cops, a realistic number that is. In their cars, I mean. I've seen SOME walking around. Very sparse. But they do patrol. 

I love this game, but I MASSIVELY agree with this complaint. Hell, I can't even quietly punch someone off the mountain without a damn wanted level. COME ON. 

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:37 AM Edited by NothingPersonal, 22 September 2013 - 06:38 AM.

I love the new wanted system, it has so much potential. Ever tried hopping over backyards DOWNHILL in Vineyard as cops pursue you at 2 stars? Try it, foot chases are now epic as car ones! Ever hid behind a dumpster as cops are right in front of it, searching nearby? Such tension with line of sight!

There are flaws, obviously, as noted, but you have to admit it's great overall, with pulling into an alley to escape a car chase, slightly dodging their vision with precision, as nothing but incredible.

• neuhier likes this

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

White-skinned N-word.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

There was a stupid asian on a paleto bay ATM, I walked to it slighty pushing the man and he says "Im going to call the police. Yes police? I hear big mess here". 5 seconds later, 2 star level and cops SHOOTING at me. I didnt even have a weapon equipped. :sui:
  • Lisha likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users