Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,717 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (675 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (179 votes [26.52%])

Percentage of vote: 26.52%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (79 votes [11.70%])

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

3. No, it could be improved. (417 votes [61.78%])

Percentage of vote: 61.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Yokairaizen
  • Yokairaizen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by Yokairaizen, 16 October 2013 - 07:47 PM.

I completely disagree with your opinion, and believe the cops are not agressive, nor hard.

The cops aren't aggressive? Really? They begin shooting at one star, they ALWAYS use deadly force. Why is there a police baton in the game for the player, but the cops never use them?

The cops aren't hard, I actually like them. But getting a wanted level for standing next to a cop, and then they start shooting without even using a baton first, are little things like that irk me about them.

Well, they don't ALWAYS start shooting. You do have the chance of being busted. But it seems like they start shooting a lot more than they need to.

Cops spawning ahead of you is another thing, it would be okay if they were already there, but i'm literally watching them spawn on my mini map right in front of me. Same as helis.

You get into a shoot out with a gang, you're the only one the police come after, unless you use the wanted down cheat.

Same goes for when a pedestrian starts a fight, the only way to not get in trouble for fighting a pedestrian is to just keep dodging their attacks until the police arrive, and even then it sometimes seems like the pedestrian never gets in trouble. What happened to that in GTAIV? One of the main things I liked in GTAIV, was that you wouldn't get a wanted level for protecting yourself in a fist fight.

Also, how sometimes when you're out of the police line of sight, and you dip into an alley or behind/on top of a building, and sometimes they automatically know exactly where you're hiding. Like, really? They're in search mode, but the only place they really search is EXACTLY where you are hiding..

GTAV is an improvement in many ways, but there are some things that still do need to be fixed. Mainly just the Cop AI.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

I'm not one to complain about the cops in the game but I just want to express it is very frustrating to switch to Trevor when he is in the middle of a police chase. The scripted rams to my rear bumper are annoying as all hell.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Yeah they can be annoying. Part of the reason I dont like switching to Trevor, incase I get thrown into the middle of a police chase. Escaping them in his sh*tty off road truck is damn near impossible.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Yeah, especially since it generally seems to start on that freeway east of Downtown L.S. and while you only have 2 stars, there are about 6 cop cars already on your tail. I always wind up having to speed my way over to the golf course without being followed too closely so I can hide in the tall bushes over there.

So ridiculous, :panic:

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Oh... And how on Earth would the police know that I've set my car on fire IN THE MIDDLE OF THE f*ckING DESERT WITH NO ONE ELSE AROUND?!

Should that be patched, what do you think?

When I shot ma helicopter down the secondary shooters were still shooting, and hit me!

wtf?

• Smaher. likes this

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:54 AM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 17 October 2013 - 11:54 AM.

The Police AI is such a big part of the GTA experience - it needs tweaking or at the very least, an option for the player to adjust the difficulty / aggresiveness of the Police AI, even a slider would be good,

passive, aggressive, insane   "i would say insane is the level we are at now with the psychic police, 

Someone above mentioned about the consoles age being the reason why we dont see them patrolling only spawning in,  i think that when you get stars the game enters and instanced state like a mission state thats why its so inconsistent !!

ScooterBrother
  • ScooterBrother

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I am just amazed at how accurate they are with their guns and how fast they can jump out of their vehicles to shoot you dead.  It takes my character like an hour to get out of the vehicle to begin a shoot out but the cops will jump right out and shoot you. 

The spawning is a little ridiculous though especially if you are in the middle of the desert and not even on a road. 

sirrap1
  • sirrap1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

I had a similar experience with the cops where I almost hit a pedestrian, three stars instantly! My pet peeve about them is when they get involved while I'm in the middle of a mission, running from the ballers and the cops.

Kucey
  • Kucey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

Cop difficulty is perfect. Wait till its flashing, avoid the cops on the map then hide in an alleyway and their gone. Nine times out of ten I can get rid of level 3 stars.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

Cop difficulty is perfect. Wait till its flashing, avoid the cops on the map then hide in an alleyway and their gone. Nine times out of ten I can get rid of level 3 stars.

I'm sorry, but when you crash your plan in the middle of the mountains with no people around, I should not get a three star wanted level!

bigpoppapack
  • bigpoppapack

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

Had a cop drive down an ally get out and go up a ladder onto a building rooftop I was hiding on.  They were nowhere near when I went up there and it was only 2 stars!

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

There's one legitimate cheat called 'classic GTA' in the settings -> aiming. Auto aim can be mean...speaking as a free aimer.

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

OP question, are the police too difficult?

No.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

Cops aren't overpowered, the thing is their accuracity and strengh had been improved. You can give a cop the sh*ttiest weapon in the whole game yet he'll be able to kill you one way or another, and i've experienced a Law Enforcer using his fists to beat me and I swear to god it took him only two hits to knock me down, the worst thing is that he was a Park Ranger even.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Atteez
  • Atteez

From crime to legit business

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

GTA V has been an excellent game for me, but my only peeve with the game is obviously the police.

1. Their response: When I'm feeling bored and I KO a civie, the cops come. Ok, not that much a big deal. There is a person around the corner who phoned the police, so I'd have the impulse to knock him out too. The cops would come for that. They'd come for no reason too. Anyway, they come, I run away from them and they chase me. I'd only run for 20 seconds, and BAM! Two stars! They star shooting at me for no reason, and i wonder to myself, "What did i do to deserve this?!" I evened timed how much time it'd take to get 2 stars after running in IV. Only 5 minutes. I guess their response is shoot to kill. Even at one star. In real police chases, a man would whip a gun out, run a marathon, and get caught without a single shot fired by each side. The most they'd do in a hairy situation is tase the suspect if they don't comply within a certain time.

2. Car chases: They can be ridiculous sometimes. I'd be going about 500 mph in a Vacca and the police would have no problem catching up and ramming me. And also, what is it about the cops, or any NPC for that matter, that they can ram you in the back of the car and you screech off the road. I try to do that to everyone else and the most they do is shift forward. Then there's the moment when I cop lands in front of you. They somehow foretell your every move and mimics you. It gets annoying. And do you know the guy in the van on the roads? I actaully fear trying to run him down. He's rediculuosly accurate! Also, there are the locations. If you run somebody down on a mountain, the cops come. Just...what? Did somebody call them? A ghost perhaps? Man, they spawn anywhere and everywhere. What is, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (That one scene where the police cars are sticking to the warehouse walls like Spiderman)? There's then the choppers to conclude. Why do they appear like 5 seconds after taking down one chopper? Why are the sharpshooters way more accurate than ever? That's something we'll never know, I guess.

3. Line of sight: I'd be being chased by a bunch of cops. I'd swap cars while the line of sight is initiated. I'm black on the radar and pass by a cop searching for me. I get my wanted level back. They never visually ID the character I play as, unless they saw what I looked like when I did a drive by in a limo tinted car. In addition to that, I'd be hiding in a bush or in an extremely concealed location, and using their psychic powers, they somehow locate me without any witnesses in sight.

I can bear all of this, it's just that they are a tad too agressive. If like it of this were toned down a bit.
  • namor likes this

swishersweets20031
  • swishersweets20031

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

No not really.. after getting the handle on the game  a bit more.. i find them easy to get away from.. but at first yes i thought they were horrible.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I still think it's the wanted system that needs tweaking. Pedestrians with their GODD@MN cell phones. They call the police for utter bullsh*t. Flipping someone off (boom a wanted star), Standing too close, not even on top or up on them (boom a wanted star). I like running from the cops and a good chase...NOT every 5 f*cking minutes though. Sh*t get's old and prevents any fun.

Also if you agro a ped/or AI driver they attack you (no cops) You attack them (do I really need to say it). Where is the tattle tale with the phone calling the cops then? Just a little tweak would fix these problems most people are having.

30flightsofstairs
  • 30flightsofstairs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Well, let's STRONGARM them into fixing this!

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:48 PM Edited by Spaghetti Cat, 19 October 2013 - 08:49 PM.

Personally I think the line-of-sight is fine. Too easy in some cases. One trick I've learned, if it's night, is to turn off the lights in your car. If you have a decent hiding spot most time they will pass right by.

I think what most ppl have a problem with is the aggressiveness and the escalation factor. Too often it seems the police are hyper-vigillant. A few pages back I wrote about a ped running into me, not the other way around. Bam! 2 star level with the cops aiming to kill.

Maybe, just maybe, this is some sort of comment about the LAPD by R*. Shoot to kill and ask questions later. Like the whole force is Cole Phelps on a side mission. What? Some guy stole a lady's purse? Shoot to kill!

S99
  • S99

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Police to dificult? f*ck no, still to easy. The follow you so get in a car with them 1m behind you drive up a hill, You loose them. Got a helicopter. High wanted level? Fly out to sea, past the pier and wala lost them

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

Tequlia Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I agree, the police are complete knobs. With armor, you still get gunned down within 3 minutes except if you use Trevor's special ability. Even if you think you've got the hang of it you, you don't. These idiots keep killing you. I e-mailed Rockstar about this because compared to other games, the police difficulty is just unacceptable imo.

You e-mail R* to complain because the police are "too real" that's the whole point of the game.

Take off your panties and put on some boxers and play the game like a real man.

How else thinks these folks complain about how hard the cops are little 13 year olds who can't take not winning everything they do.

Either use the cheats or go to the gun range and practice you're shooting and driving and you'll figure it out soon enough but don't whine like a bunch of babies about it.

If you did these things in real life and shot back at the cops you'd be shot and killed too the game is suppose to be realistic go play GTA III if you want to beat the cops every time otherwise take off your panties and grow a pair and quit being babies

Trent_Bolone
  • Trent_Bolone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

I personally like the cop AI in 5. I live in LA and people really do call the police for any little thing, especially in the more Ritzy neighborhoods. Ive literally had the cops called for sitting in my car.

Its 2013 and the game makers are able to create a very realistic experience.

If you knocked somebody out on the street for no reason or car jacked someone in real life the cops would f*ck you up. So why should you get away with it in the game easily?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I get an easy way to get rid of these dudes:

if you're in the city, then go to the tram tunnels. they won't follow you inside, if you're far (i.e in the county) try to hide from their sight. then carefully drive to Los Santos Costumes. change your colors (GTA classic!) and get out and act normal like a normal civilian. they won't know you! :lol:

best way is the tunnels. as long as you're deep inside, they wont find you! :)

just remembered another trick. if you're nearby the water, dive deep inside. they wont see you NOR realize you're in the water anyway! better to activate the invincibility for 5 minutes cheat. since you'll drown even before they leave you! :*(

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

I agree that the wanted system is the one that requires fixing, I stand close to someone, they get mad and start to hit me, I hit back and the cop comes after me, if he would go after both of us then I wouldn't mind as much.

Also, the other day I'm on the highway as Trevor, a bunch of Lost MC start chasing me/shooting at me, I stop to fight them but a cop car was chasing them and starts attacking them, I thought: "cool, that's realistic, Ill just cover behind my car and wait", but then a Lost member walks around my car and starts shooting at me, so I kill him and now the cops forget about the Lost and start chasing me, WTF??.

ishouldnthavekilledtrevor
  • ishouldnthavekilledtrevor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Do the police bikes ever spawn in chases  ? 

I have never seen one in my game , I haven't gone looking for spawns I mean just playing generally - do they chase and has anyone ever seen more than one ?

To the guys who have never been busted. ITS IN THE GAME BUT RARE IMO

I was busted on 4 stars - I was trapped between cars and they didn't shoot at me but and officer arrested me - and instead of wasted the "game over screen" it says "busted" instead of wasted ,  I lost all my ammo and my armour - has only happened once in over 60hrs game play.

I have seen Police with a parked up police car - talking to a drug user / suspect outside a café, unsure if its a fixed spawn like the preaches or a random event.

I have yet to see police patrol on foot but have seen one or two lone officers driving in crown vics in the city.

I have seen and stolen a police bike up on the great ocean highway, they were just pulled in and one was off his bike talking to another officer, looks the same as Franklin's green bike, just a bit faster.

I actually got arrested for the first time yesterday just after robbing a 24 7, losing all your ammo is a pain in the hole though

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Their accuracy is out of this world, they can hit me (repeatedly!) when I speed past a cop on a motorcycle with full speed. And they NEVER miss. Now this I can deal with, but what I'm really disappointed with is how soon they start shooting. What happened to fun chases on foot? They start shooting when you run for 10 seconds or get into a car. This combined with their crazy accuracy just kills the opportunity to have fun foot chases. You can't live through a foot chase unless you're 100 meters ahead of them. I want to have cops run like 5-10 meters behind me, dammit. They should use tasers at 1 star, that way foot chases can be done.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

The only bad thing about the police is the police transporter at 3 stars. They appear too frequently and then join the pursuit which then means you have more police vans than cruisers after you. It  is set in present day which is realistic, what would cops do if you run onto a runway endangering a load of lives.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Gst0395, 20 October 2013 - 04:32 PM.

I agree, the police are complete knobs. With armor, you still get gunned down within 3 minutes except if you use Trevor's special ability. Even if you think you've got the hang of it you, you don't. These idiots keep killing you. I e-mailed Rockstar about this because compared to other games, the police difficulty is just unacceptable imo.

You e-mail R* to complain because the police are "too real" that's the whole point of the game.

Take off your panties and put on some boxers and play the game like a real man.

How else thinks these folks complain about how hard the cops are little 13 year olds who can't take not winning everything they do.

Either use the cheats or go to the gun range and practice you're shooting and driving and you'll figure it out soon enough but don't whine like a bunch of babies about it.

If you did these things in real life and shot back at the cops you'd be shot and killed too the game is suppose to be realistic go play GTA III if you want to beat the cops every time otherwise take off your panties and grow a pair and quit being babies

You're seriously going to insult me over a post I made nearly a month ago? I'm used to the difficulty now you idiot. I still feel it's too hard at times, but I can last a while with Trevor when I use his special ability. And why does it matter how "real" it is when I want to feel like an almost indestructible psycho like in other GTA games?

And GTA III was even harder than V was when surviving wanted levels. Fail logic.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

3 things make my cop experience that much more engaging

Less accurate shots from crazy distances - hate the one shot kills from other end of the map

Helicopter spawning instamtly

Polcie car ramming me when I am in a faster car -

I prefer doing some of the missions and getting the "mission only 3 and 4 stars as its more fun and the AI is toned down to make it fun enaging them .

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

What happened to fun chases on foot?

You can't live through a foot chase unless you're 100 meters ahead of them. I want to have cops run like 5-10 meters behind me, dammit. They should use tasers at 1 star, that way foot chases can be done.

This ^

Its a shame running from the cops or changing vehicles is no fun anymore,  it's more hide and seek - like someone said - a big game of pac man - with a one hit death almost.

I MISS seeing who I was killed by in the death ending screen  -  u could see which lucky cop shot u -  R* probably removed this as it would expose the sh*tty AI and show us dying by a cop from blane county whilst we are in Los Santos -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users