Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,748 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (719 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (184 votes [25.59%])

Percentage of vote: 25.59%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (83 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. No, it could be improved. (452 votes [62.87%])

Percentage of vote: 62.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote
vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

i dont find them difficult, just annoing. they auto find you when you do something (try sticky bombing sumthing, run around a couple blocks and hide, then detonate. its fricken silly)

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Although the individual Police Car's Radar fan style is better than previous set ups, it is annoying how they suddenly appear in front or near by when it feels like I'm almost home free, and it's extremely annoying that they still have that "Hammer from behind" effects, even though I'm driving at full speed

It would be nice to have the Option to equip any car with the "Spikes drop" like the James Bond's Aston Martin's, or an Oil Sleek?:-/

• ASAPRocky likes this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by im_stoned, 12 October 2013 - 03:05 AM.

The police are a disgrace in this game. You can't do anything without getting a wanted level. I can't believe they create and play these games and still haven't figured out the police kill freedom in this game.

I don't care that you can '' lose them easy'' I shouldn't have to lose them in the first place. I've legit had fights with people in a private area no one could see and yet I somehow get a wanted level WTF !? Hell you can shot people out in the bush and get a wanted level WTF !?

They need to tone the cops down 100% If you cant punch someone in the face without getting a wanted level somethings wrong.

The other day though I had a glitch/fluke that was epic and how the cops should be ! I got a one star wanted level but it took the police like 10 seconds too respond it didn't happen instantly like usual.

This gave me time to run and hide because the cops were a few blocks away and only came from one direction. That's how it should be ! A wanted level should be an achievement not a drag.... It should be hard to get a wanted level and fun to lose the wanted level. It's just stupid you cant do anything illegal in a crime game without getting wanted by the police. I Swear the early games weren't this over the top they got annoying sure but this is 2013 it should be epic and improved out of site by now not on the same level or arguably worse !

NikosBellend
  • NikosBellend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:20 AM Edited by NikosBellend, 12 October 2013 - 09:23 AM.

Wow, guys, seriously? Look at the tone of some of  you and seriously reconsider the way you approach and perceive things.

Using words like "unacceptable" would make it to seem that your opinion is objectively the only correct one to have, and that's not a stance to have if you wish for people to take you seriously.

Here in reality, you needn't look further than the name of the game to see that if cops were passive this game just wouldn't live up to what it is trying to sell you.

If you took a moment to try and see things from another perspective before talking, you might find that things like "cops spawning in front of you" might actually seem really logical to those of us possessing appropriate amounts of common sense. You're running from the police down a highway, okay, and how do you expect them to intercept you if you're going down one straight path? In real life what they do in these situations is put out an APB for where you'll be moments from then and police will meet you once you reach them. That is how the real world works, join us in it.

Some things are a little intense, like the spawning radius of helicopters. This much I can admit, but even then so long as  you drive over the speed limit you'll succeed in overcoming them nine times out of ten. Standing next to cops can arouse their inner bloodlust, also a bit much, but probably the least of any worry someone needs to have when playing this game.

In my opinion and experience, I think the cops in this game are the best they've ever been in a GTA game. Their ruthless pursuit gives a tension to the chase that you just don't find in other games, and I wouldn't trade that if the game holding my hand is the other option. Once you're accustomed to the nuances of the chase, you'll find that police are also the easiest they've ever been to shake. If there's no challenge left in a game then what is there to keep me coming back for more, to learn, and do better? It surely isn't running down the street gunning down defenseless NPCs for hours on end with nothing achieved.

All in all, the police show of force is awesome. The raw difficulty of GTA Online is irrefutably satisfying once you achieve the sweet taste of victory. This isn't your typical morning stroll with a minigun through the park, this is cops and robbers at its finest.

If you disagree, well, that's fine. If everybody could be good at things then there'd be nothing to seperate our differing opinions. Ninja Gaiden was a million times harder than GTA could ever be, and with each installment they have stuck to the jaw clenching difficulty because that's what makes it so enjoyable and rewarding to overcome. If you can't face the challenges of GTA and learn to appreciate your victories and learn from your defeats, and instead complain that its simply too hard for you to cope; how are you able to handle the harshness of real life if a video game gets you that worked up?

• TragicSatireIndeed likes this

NikosBellend
  • NikosBellend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Just this quote for instance is a spectacular example of what I'm talking about. Want to play a cops and robbers game without the cops?

Use cheats, because that's not how this game was designed to be played.

It's like wanting to play Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell without any guards to evade, or like playing Far Cry without any antagonist. It's like wanting to play Battlefield 3 online without having the trouble of having to fight other people. That's pretty much exactly what it is, and you're deluded if you think thats how video games should be.

I don't care that you can '' lose them easy'' I shouldn't have to lose them in the first place

It's just stupid you cant do anything illegal in a crime game without getting wanted by the police.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by Harwood-Butcher, 12 October 2013 - 10:25 AM.

Try a police chase in an everday car then try one with a SUV with full amour, bulletproof tyres and a tuned engine and the police will have a hard time trying to stop you.

What I think needs to change is the 3rd star where the police helicopter comes out.

If it isn't bad enough the police have an eye in the sky watching you, it can shoot you which I feel a sharpshooting helicopter should'nt be unlocked until your 4th star.

aladdin85
  • aladdin85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

i got a wanted level for killing some sort of mountain lion. ridiculous

BellicEnterprise
  • BellicEnterprise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Yeah they can be a pain in the ass on moments but the reality of it is fun tough .

bubbaloo
  • bubbaloo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

We can argue about this until we're blue in the face. But the bottom line is that nothing is going to change it. Do you really think Rockstargames gives a crap about it? They have their billion plus in the bank. Screw you, the people who gave us all this money!!!

grimper12341
  • grimper12341

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I don't think the difficulty is too bad. Only issue I have is the things they respond to....mainly the overly antagonistic peds that love to call them. It makes for way too many police chases when I'm not in the mood for them.

Herbiehunter
  • Herbiehunter

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I take a no nonsence attitude to the Police. As far as I am concerned I payed for the game and so it is mine!

Ram me? I'm glad, it just makes me more ruthless.

You have to show them who is boss.

Want to take a plane. Well sir, take it...By Any Means Neccasary...

OP you may be being too soft on them. Remeber it is YOUR game and they need to Respect your authoritah!

Otterisadumbshit
  • Otterisadumbshit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

the police are fine, your skills at this game are obviously sh*tty. change that and you wont constantly bitch about the cops.

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

I pretty baffled by all these threads. I haven't once been overly frustrated by the police. Admittedly it's kinda lame that they seem to be omniscient and I can't get away with crimes even in the most isolated places. However the field of vision thing and the law enforcement system in general is a huge improvement over GTA IV.

Do you guys think that Rockstar with the biggest gaming budget in history hired a bunch of retards to playtest for them? Thousands of man hours of tweaking has resulted in the law enforcement system in the game, and I friggin' love it.

Herbiehunter
  • Herbiehunter

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Anyone else think so???? Yeah I'm sure I'm going to get a sh*t load of comments saying "No, the police are fine you're just terrible at the game" but seriously, no I'm not. I can survive for quite a long time while battling the police. The game is so amazing but whenever I want to just have a bit of fun the police just step in and put me down hard.

For example, I wanted to go to one of Trevor's strangers and freaks missions in the desert but I was in LS so I thought I'd break into the airport, steal a jumbo jet, fly it over to the desert then base jump out. But oh my GOD! An instant 3 star wanted level caused me to undergo a high speed chase across the airport until I found a jet I could actually enter. I got into the jet and was immediately surrounded by a sh*t load of police cars and 2 helicopters firing at me.

I tried to reverse out of the docking bay and onto the runway but the plane eventually stopped being able to reverse because the police were shooting at it so much. Unable to move anywhere in the plane I had to get out, and after less than 2 seconds of being outside the plane the overpowering police shot me dead. Yes it's very realistic, but I don't want ultra realistic police if it means I can't have a little bit of fun when I want to.

Not to mention how stupid it is that if you stand next to a cop for too long you automatically get a wanted level. It's ridiculous. No more silly rampages like on San Andreas. The Los Santos Fun Police are on your case...

Oh... And how on Earth would the police know that I've set my car on fire IN THE MIDDLE OF THE f*ckING DESERT WITH NO ONE ELSE AROUND?!

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. There's just a few things which really, really bug me...

Now you listen to me...You steal that jet. If you didnt get it the first time then you go in HARDER and FASTER!

There is no time for mercy in LS. You take it. And you have your fun!

To hell with that wanted level!!

You hear me?

To hell with that!

Cos the minute you let those LS cops get the better of you...well, you might as well tuck away your console and roll over like a nice little doggie...

Now are you gonna take it, or are you gonna let them take You??

myname2917
  • myname2917

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yes, the cops are a joke in both GTA 5 and GTA Online...specifically in Online where they are all Robocop.

Here is one thing that annoys me with the wanted level...i can have even just a single star and it gets to flashing when I find cover and it will take ovvr a freaking minute to be gone. Other times I can find cover and the stars will flash and be gone within ten seconds. There is zero consistency to it and it doesn't have to do with finding cover. 

Rockstar really screwed the pooch when it came to cops in this game. IT MAKES IT LESS FUN though based on other changes they made I am thinking fun factor wasn't a big priority for them. 

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

I take a no nonsence attitude to the Police. As far as I am concerned I payed for the game and so it is mine!

OP you may be being too soft on them. Remeber it is YOUR game and they need to Respect your authoritah!

Youre a f*cking moron.

• GarrowsKai likes this

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

I wouldn't say they're too difficult, just that they're a bit too heavy handed.  They pull their guns out and start trying to kill you for the slightest infraction, the fact they've brought back the nightstick however the police never use it is a bit strange. 

Herbiehunter
  • Herbiehunter

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Youre a f*cking moron.

I admire your passion. But where are you when the chips go down?

the_suicide_fox
  • the_suicide_fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by the_suicide_fox, 12 October 2013 - 11:18 PM.

After playing some online, the cops are definitely too strong and buggy. I had put my controller down and was just standing there after finally getting rid of my wanted level. Went to search something on youtube and suddenly MY WANTED LEVEL CAME BACK! One of the cops, while walking back to his car, bumped into me and then started to shoot me. It's really stupid. 

Even more stupid is the damn helicopter. In SP it's not so bad but online they can see me through walls, WTF?!

I'm really not interested in playing the online modes. Cops being too strong is one reason, along with a really dumb matchmaking mechanic, and that fact that most players are douchebags and will just kill you for no reason. The missions aren't very fun, and the gametypes don't set up properly. I went into a team deathmatch with a friend, but when the game starts it automatically put us on different teams. Hello!! If I didn't want to play with a friend we wouldn't have joined each other's games.

SP is phenomenal, but online is just a big clusterf*ck. I also don't like that if I join a friend using GTA aiming that I have to switch off my free aim. I picked free aim for a reason, segregating players because of it is really dumb. I can understand doing it for TDM, but really just make it an option for those modes, or just make free aim the standard and let people choose which one the want for SP only. Aim assists have no place in player versus player modes anyway.

cid420
  • cid420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

LOL don't get into a Semi truck the cops will stay with you unless you can move around like a champ.

Morons03
  • Morons03

Angry Gamer-Formerly Postit123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by Postit123, 13 October 2013 - 02:19 AM.

I don't think they're too 'difficult'

BUT

They are WAY too aggressive...

Stealing a CAR after a minute gains you TWO wanted stars and the guns start blazing. Why the f*ck did i get killed by the police for stealing a BIKE?!

And people call the police on you for STANDING.

THAT, is horse-sh*t 

A one time when I was going for a nice hike, I pushed the button that has the character say stuff and said "What's up" to some random people and they called the police just because of that.

• szmty likes this

Nick
  • Nick

Clean

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

It's fine the way it is.

pyrhhus5
  • pyrhhus5

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

adapt and overcome.  Easy E said it best.

marko dash
  • marko dash

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

the AI in general needs it's aimbot nerfed.

NikosBellend
  • NikosBellend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

We can argue about this until we're blue in the face. But the bottom line is that nothing is going to change it. Do you really think Rockstargames gives a crap about it? They have their billion plus in the bank. Screw you, the people who gave us all this money!!!

Look at you acting like you speak for the rest of us. Presumptuous twat.

PTdumptruck
  • PTdumptruck

Vice City is the best

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

The police in GTA V look's like the police in Mafia 2 simply becuse they both are very agressive,in Mafia they also ram your car and if you are in a gun figth against them you really have to be lucky to survive their thompson machine gun burst, so if you can deal with police in Mafia 2 i think people can deal with the police in GTA V.

gtaadam81
  • gtaadam81

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Im not really liking some elements of the Police. Did a random encounter where someone had a broken down car and had to rush him to the airport to catch a flight to Liberty City. I dropped him off, completed it and suddenly there was a police car chasing another car but the police car happened to ram into the back of my car even before I could move and got a one star wanted level which soon turned into two-star wanted.

Anyway trying to get rid of them was difficult and really for something that wasnt my fault I was getting shot everywhere. It ended up being 3 star wanted level but trying to hit the pay n spray the garage door opened but a police car happened to drive into the carpark area and even though I got in, it said "Lose the Cops" well 4 police cars just burst into garage and the only way out was to do a shootout with them. That then went to 4 stars. Long story short I lasted only a minute after that and died. Can't believe all this just because a random police car rammed into me.

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

What they do could be a little altered, but it's not that bad. How you get the first two stars however is something that needs to be changed. It's BS. 

3ddie93
  • 3ddie93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

I beleive they are too difficult. I get out of hospital, call a cab, punch a few people while I'm waiting, before I know it helicopters are shooting me. And its very difficult to lose them when they spawn out of nowhere and they keep searching for you for about an hour.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

That's a bit of an exaggeration, I think...

Typically it takes a cop seeing either your firearm or murder, or police assault, to trigger 2 star,

For example, if you run someone over, it's not a 2 star.

But if you drive by cops (e.g. police station) with blood on your hood, it is instant 2 star.

If you punch people and cops come, 1 star.

But soon as you draw a weapon on the cops or just punch the cops, 2 star.

Then once you kill a cop or two, that's when they bring in the 3 star.

That said, if by "Few people" you mean murder 10 or 20 with punches, then maybe it becomes 2 or even 3 star....  they'll bring in the cavalry if you kill or hurt enough people, regardless of method...

But otherwise I feel the Stars are actually pretty logical.

It's not perfect but it's such a depth and detail improvement over GTA4, Sleeping Dogs, etc.

And the new reporting system, Line of Sight, etc is awesome. Once in a while I'll blow up a vehicle and I'll feel the Star response is a tad weird but for the most part, there is ALWAYS someone realistic to report you.

Even if you think no one is around, there is probably some Hiker over the hilltop who just ran off and actually used his cellphone to call the cops. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users