Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,748 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (719 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (184 votes [25.59%])

Percentage of vote: 25.59%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (83 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. No, it could be improved. (452 votes [62.87%])

Percentage of vote: 62.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote
AtchooMatchew
  • AtchooMatchew

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

I don't think the cops are difficult, per se, when we're discussing AI. I do think the way the game arbitrarily spawns them when players are out of sight is not a matter of difficulty, but of spam. Ideally, if your last known due direction was East and you sneak past them to the West, there should not be a three cars and a helicopter zeroing in on your westward location.

The frustration really kicks in at three stars, when clusters of cops seem to be coming at you from distances you some times are going too fast toward to avoid being seen again. Especially when there's no logical reason for them to believe you were headed in that direction and also because they sometimes don't appear on the GPS until they're right next to you. I've had thirty-minute alley chases in which I zig-zagged in every unpredictable direction and yet they were still arriving at my exit points.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Grand Theft Auto: Singapore.  You get wanted just for standing near an NPC. 

While I sometimes like the challenge and aggressiveness and generally more realistic hostility of the cops, they are a pain in the ass, taking away some of the fun of the game, when you are trying to explore and relax, and accidentally get a star.  Pretty soon it's two stars and you have to go a third of the way across the map, way out of your way, to lose them. 

KiiNGKiiLL
  • KiiNGKiiLL

Semper Fatalis Leader

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

In SP, no. They seem relatively easy to deal with to me. However, online is another story. The state is full of robo cops. 

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 08 October 2013 - 06:50 AM.

If they didn't take away the crouching (away from walls) feature, then the cops would be easy pickins.  This basic feature always bought me time in every other GTA shootout until now.  Cheap move by R* IMO.  It kinda dumbs down the gunplay while making it harder at the same time.  Lose-lose situation tbh.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:10 AM Edited by Pig__Destroyer, 08 October 2013 - 08:12 AM.

I think the point is the cops arent hard to get away but why I get 3 cop cars in the middle of nowhere for shooting my car is dumb as FFFF. Love the "you just suck at the game comments". Not the point idiots. Sh.t one time with three stars in a heli with the heli smashing as fast as i could it took about 4 minutes for the stars to go away. Needs balancing thats all. Maybe a glitch. Would'nt be suprised at all

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law, and the law lost.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by Yorpie, 08 October 2013 - 09:19 AM.

The only thing that bugs me is that you receive a wanted level to fast. Can't even kill one person in the middle of nowhere or jump out of a plane anymore without getting a wanted level. Also hate it that when you are hiding in an alley, cops always will go and check out exactly that location.

Escaping 4 or 5 stars is a bit to hard imo. Escaping the 5 star wanted level after the last mission was easy though, they must have turned down the spawn rates just for that mission, lost them in 2/3 minutes.

Except for that, I think the police are fine in terms of chases and combat. Not impossibly hard, but defenitly not easy, which is good.

• Grand Cannon likes this

Ibunshi
  • Ibunshi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I think they are great this time around... Except, for yeah, their super human senses that magically can detect where you are.. If stealth had actually worked, and that you can not get a wanted level for killing anyone, including a cop, if it is in a location with no witnesses.. Then I would have seen no issues... I really hope they fix this, but I think it is highly unlikely at this point...

It really is much more improved this time, but it still suffer from strange cop behaviour that kills immersion with the game.. They give you an amazing game world, and stealth mode/equipment, but it has little to no use when in free roam... And you still have the old "instant star levels" when going into certain areas, even when no one saw you... such things and the cop behaviour should be improved...

Gavlaaar
  • Gavlaaar

Balla.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

No.

They are more difficult, but not too difficult.

oni911
  • oni911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

I have been really enjoying the fact the the 5-0 seem to be a little more difficult, but also in others find them much smarter but also less god like! for example. 

1) I was driving along with a two star rating and had a load of police after me....think Thelma and Louise desert scene! and one of the cops got in front of me and then another proceeded to sit right on my arse while a third was coming up on the side.....I was like holy hell I am being boxed in! They boxed me in and I had to jump out of the car off a bridge in to the river....then proceeded to be pumped full by a 5-0 boat....I still hate those ones in the boats. 

2) I like that fact that police cant see through walls anymore. The most times I can evade the police is by driving them up to vine wood and jumping out of the car and start climbing/running through the backyards and hiding. Even the helicopters cant see if you hide under an awning or something. so there can be a car on the other side of a wall/hedge and they are wondering where you are. 

3) same goes if your in LS. then you can dive off down alleyways and they drive really slowly past but if you are hidden from view they roll straight on through. 

all these I thought were really cool. 

on a side note, I do love the tracks left when you go off road! also really enjoying taking the jet skis down the rapids. anyone else fallen off while going down! the water effects are stunning!  

• TragicSatireIndeed likes this

Greenthum6
  • Greenthum6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

I love the police in GTA V. First time I got a high star rating I retreated to Michael's safehouse. To my amazement when the cops arrived they actually entered the house! Having only a pistol in my hand as a weapon I was gunned down in my own bedroom by automatic rifles after short fight. Good times...

It's not hard to get away from 2-3 star rating if you have a decent car. I'm wise enough not to escape into buildings anymore.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

The police are fun when you want to be chased, but when you do something crazy in the countryside or if you want to just relax but accidentally do something illegal like hit a cop car on accident, it gets annoying. The aggresiveness at ** needs to be toned down. *** is where it should get fierce, at ** they should just follow you and shoot just to injure if you're on foot.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

Greenthum6
  • Greenthum6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

The police are fun when you want to be chased, but when you do something crazy in the countryside or if you want to just relax but accidentally do something illegal like hit a cop car on accident, it gets annoying. The aggresiveness at ** needs to be toned down. *** is where it should get fierce, at ** they should just follow you and shoot just to injure if you're on foot.

There are police in the countryside as well. Did you think there are no laws? You've played too long as Trevor:)

Also I can't think of any relaxing activity that involves hitting cop cars by accident.

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by Terminus, 08 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

There are police in the countryside as well. Did you think there are no laws? You've played too long as Trevor:)

Also I can't think of any relaxing activity that involves hitting cop cars by accident.

Look up the meaning of the word "accident", then proceed to step off your high horse.

The fact of the matter is that people get stars by doing nothing, cops are damn sharpshooters and it takes 3-5 shots to kill you.  Whereas you can shoot the same cop 5 times in the chest and he'll fall down and get back up each time... or eventually he'll shoot you from the ground.

In which game do non-boss NPCs have MORE health than the f*cking main character?

• namor and Sting4S like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Dafuq is wrong with you? I'm not saying I'd do this but if you went to the countryside, shot somebody up, burned their car via a grenade, and then killed another person, I doubt the cops would respond that quickly or at all. Someone would have to see the burning car or maybe like a sheriff would come to investigate if someone called. A team of cops wouldn't just automatically know what you're doing and come by. I mean the cop system IS flawed. Rockstar didn't really think through the system as well when it came to the countryside. The countryside is supposed to feel more distant and free and you should be able to get away with stuff.

"also I can't think of any relaxing activity that involves hitting cop cars by accident"

:rol: I can't believe I have to dumb this down for you but here I go:

Picture me cruising in an Oracle II and just soaking in the sights. I'm in the city and driving like a civil person, stopping at lights, listening to awesome music, looking at things. And then one of those annoying cop chases start up from behind you and the dumb ass guy being chase dings your car. Worse case, and it has happened, the cop hits you and then he thinks you hit him. That means they chase you. And due to this stupid new system, if you try to move you automatically gain ** and then cops just come out of nowhere and start ramming your "used to be beautiful car" and your relaxed mood is shattered. In IV it was fine, I just turned the cops off and used the health cheat to repair my car. Well in V it seems like Rockstar has some vendetta against cheats now, like some of the morons around here that say cheats are for unexperienced gamers, and you have to go through the process of tapping stupid ass buttons to put the no wanted level cheat in, and it doesn't remove the level, you have to put it in as many times as the # of *'s you have. And then there is no health cheat and you have to drive ALL of the way to to shop and waste your f*cking money to repair your car hoping the same sh*t doesn't happen again.

Get it now dude?

• stjimmy3 likes this

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

It's challenging. A good thing.

15 minute car chases with Trevor driving and Lamar taking shotgun.

Haha fun.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Don't forget how if you bail out of a plane and it crashes, you get a 1 star wanted level. BECAUSE f*ck GTA LOGIC

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Dafuq is wrong with you? I'm not saying I'd do this but if you went to the countryside, shot somebody up, burned their car via a grenade, and then killed another person, I doubt the cops would respond that quickly or at all. Someone would have to see the burning car or maybe like a sheriff would come to investigate if someone called. A team of cops wouldn't just automatically know what you're doing and come by. I mean the cop system IS flawed. Rockstar didn't really think through the system as well when it came to the countryside. The countryside is supposed to feel more distant and free and you should be able to get away with stuff.

"also I can't think of any relaxing activity that involves hitting cop cars by accident"

:rol: I can't believe I have to dumb this down for you but here I go:

Picture me cruising in an Oracle II and just soaking in the sights. I'm in the city and driving like a civil person, stopping at lights, listening to awesome music, looking at things. And then one of those annoying cop chases start up from behind you and the dumb ass guy being chase dings your car. Worse case, and it has happened, the cop hits you and then he thinks you hit him. That means they chase you. And due to this stupid new system, if you try to move you automatically gain ** and then cops just come out of nowhere and start ramming your "used to be beautiful car" and your relaxed mood is shattered. In IV it was fine, I just turned the cops off and used the health cheat to repair my car. Well in V it seems like Rockstar has some vendetta against cheats now, like some of the morons around here that say cheats are for unexperienced gamers, and you have to go through the process of tapping stupid ass buttons to put the no wanted level cheat in, and it doesn't remove the level, you have to put it in as many times as the # of *'s you have. And then there is no health cheat and you have to drive ALL of the way to to shop and waste your f*cking money to repair your car hoping the same sh*t doesn't happen again.

Get it now dude?

I applaud this, there is so much truth.  :^:  :^:  :^:

• namor likes this

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

Yes, they are too hard. Someone at rockstar needs to learn how to code. They have 1 hit kill sometimes, snipers with 99% accuracy, cars that ram you to death... etc. 

Lets not forget this garbage:

invveoKOsjfUb.gif

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

Yes, they are too hard. Someone at rockstar needs to learn how to code. They have 1 hit kill sometimes, snipers with 99% accuracy, cars that ram you to death... etc. 

Lets not forget this garbage:

invveoKOsjfUb.gif

LOL, yea, WTF! thats bullsh*t, its like they know what youre gonna do before you do it! pure hell on a narrow road cause momentum doesnt help push the f*cks out of the way like it should, you stop like hitting a brick wall unless you are in a semi or big truck!  i started driving a lifted Vapid sandking XL, its slower but you can run over the f*ckers that do pull in front of you instead being forced to stop. ;)

RugerSpeedSix
  • RugerSpeedSix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

AI in general are way too good of shots. I've raged quite a few times from one random pistol shot on my character while driving that had no way of hitting me, yet it one shotted me.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

AI in general are way too good of shots. I've raged quite a few times from one random pistol shot on my character while driving that had no way of hitting me, yet it one shotted me.

yea they always shoot you in the head, armor is near worthless, lol!

D-Bomb129
  • D-Bomb129

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

Difficult, no, take too long to lose once you're out of sight and the stars are blinking, yes.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Got a wanted level as Michael and ran into his house and went into his bedroom without the police seeing me. Police pull up to the house and immediately dash upstairs into Michael's bedroom. Dead.

Don't even search the other rooms in the house? Police always seem to "wander" into your exact position when you're hiding. No matter if you are one block away from the crime scene or twenty and the police haven't tailed you. The f*ck is that.

• The Wooden Mask likes this

celdor
  • celdor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by celdor, 09 October 2013 - 05:34 AM.

Stars take too long to lose. Helicopters need at least a 30 second respawn time instead of the three seconds they seem to spawn at now, we should be rewarded with some breathing room after knocking two helis out the air. Accuraccy needs to be dropped just a tad. 

Oh and cop cars spawning on mountains is pretty stupid. Just some small adjustments to make them less annoying, Rockstar will never do anything though. 

GrieverXVII
  • GrieverXVII

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

i think sometimes they are easy...but for the most part they are too much and not even in a hard way, in cheap ways.

I was literally on a 1 star pursuit, had no hwere to hide but behind a vehicle in a secluded parking lot with 10 other vehicles minimum, i sat there for no lie...2 minutes waiting for it to clear...but low and behold one singular cop spawns out of thin air to come and check out the very spot im hiding at. i get into a car, get rammed by cops and shotgunned in the driver seat in less than 10 seconds. i don't think i've ever felt so frustrated with cops in a GTA game before.

oddity-1991
  • oddity-1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I think we should send this topic to Rockstar and hope they see it. About 90% of the people on here seem to agree that the cops need to be fixed. I doubt they'd do anything about it though.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yeah another one of my grimes as well is that they shoot so good that it IS unrealistic. Every road block I sped really fast by, somebody got a shot at me somehow. Utterly stupid, Why couldn't we just have funny slightly unprofessional cops like in IV, where is the hilariousness? This is GTA, did they forget?

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

This - The police are fun but OP -  and the helicopter spawning is a bit random. maybe all the game testers where playing as Trevor and were reporting back to Rockstar that the police are too weak lol

seriously though - the Police Ai needs patching to to allow for SP replayability. 

Looking at the online survival modes, the reduced AI is already in the game as they use it for the tiered waves.

Robbo1987
  • Robbo1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

In story mode I'm finding them quite easy to get away from tbh. not to easy, but it just takes a bit of thought. I'm upto the last mission and have just stolen the drill. Got a 2 star after taking it, drove straight down the road till I was out of sight, then literally parked the truck and hid behind it. they couldn't see me and I lost my wanted level.

I think they are a bit aggressive when they are on you but only on a few occasions have I had people ringing the cops on me for little things. And when they have, I've gotten away easily enough by just hiding in gardens behind walls or in the fields/mountains away from roads.

Played online last night for the first time though and found that to be very different and made it much less enjoyable constantly having cops chasing me.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Im noticing that if you rob a store with a mask on and then when you get away the blue cones are out taking the mask off removes a star in online anyway.  havent tried with hats, glasses, clothes but one of the game tips on the loading screen seems to suggest that this will also remove a star, not sure if its only one or if the more clothes you change the more you lose, but i wont be able to play for a few hours to try it.  mask works for getting rid of one, put it on before you get there, and get away before you take it off, one gone instantly, of course it doesnt much help losing one cause the remaining ones still take forever to disappear but ifyou can remove multiple stars this way it might be semi useful, though im not sure how you change clothes without a dressing room or whatever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users