Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,785 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (799 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (189 votes [23.65%])

Percentage of vote: 23.65%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (98 votes [12.27%])

Percentage of vote: 12.27%

3. No, it could be improved. (512 votes [64.08%])

Percentage of vote: 64.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote
17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

They won't fix that. Mark my words.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

I don't thin the police are to hard, the way they sometimes spawn baffles me...

I mean highest altitude in the jet fighter, full speed, out of view for 2 minutes....an bam chopper right in front.. It was a 5 star though

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

I think you people have no skill and suck at games the cops are easy 

I think you people should read what my post is actually about instead of being f*cking retards.

Exactly. Their posts keep making me question their IQ levels.

HamSandwich
  • HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

they are fixing it look look!

http://youtu.be/lGABWh3fRfc

CaveRave
  • CaveRave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:53 AM Edited by CaveRave, 07 October 2013 - 05:54 AM.

I love the diffculty. I thought it added replay value as it made surviving assault waves very satisifying.

Helicopter spawnrates are arguable. Early on you would have trouble with them instantly showing up after another was shot down as opposed to GTA IV but you will eventually work around it using alleyways, carparks and tunnels.

GustavoMota
  • GustavoMota

Whatchu want, some wheels?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

I thought so when I first got the game, but I actually don't mind them now. Yes, sometimes you get a wanted level a little too easily (peds calling the cops because you dared to speak to them, etc) but they're very easy to get away from on the lower wanted levels.

As for long, protracted shootouts, use the super jump cheat to get onto rooftops and you can still have those.w

• ten-a-penny likes this

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

They should have added an experience level setting, so those who profess that they're "the greatest game players on earth and everyone else sucks" can select the hard level whilst the rest of us can select the casual level for just that, casual gameplay.

One of my other favourite free-roam games is Just Cause 2, I've racked up a few hundred hours playing that game, first started out on the easiest level to learn the game and progress through the storyline without feeling like every time I pick up the controller it's a struggle.

Then once I'd mastered it I went through the storyline on the hardest setting and really enjoyed it.

After that I went back to the beginning and started a new save on the easiest level just so I could muck around with the vehicles etc. without having to worry too much about the military killing me quickly. That's how I want to enjoy GTA V but they made the police too aggressive and too accurate to have any sort of decent gun fight that lasts more than a few minutes.

• ten-a-penny and Pedestrial like this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

At first I thought it seemed a bit hard to get away for little things, but now that's not a problem anymore as I know better where to hide. Very easy to hide in alleys, they go pretty much straight past every time. With one or two stars, it's even possible to loose the cops just by driving off road up a little mountain because they won't go there.

ad556
  • ad556

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

I disagree with your opinion.

Yeah i have to disagree, there not hard to get away from. Just don't be a retard and run into the blue area, when you can easily get away. Its so simple, i reckon GTA V cops were harder,

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:59 AM Edited by Glenni91, 07 October 2013 - 10:01 AM.

I've learned to deal with them, to be honest i like them like this, it really keeps you on your toes, like, I had to get creative, and hide inside a wrecked airplane, in the plane scrapyard, to hide from a police helicopter's light beam.

• ten-a-penny likes this

blvckkk
  • blvckkk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

man I got 2 stars for lighting up a fakkit deer I was heated

blvckkk
  • blvckkk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

as for what OP is saying, yah their kinda annoying but up to around 2, sometimes 3 stars I dont really got an issue evading them. the swapping cars things works better than I thought it would.

on a semi related note, its annoying how the cop cars ride so damn good till ur actually driving them

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

It gets annoying trying to escape a 5 star wanted level in the Lazer Fighter Jet. The game likes to spawn helicopters right in front of you at the same exact altitude. Same thing with free falling.

Wat.

• ten-a-penny likes this

nin8220
  • nin8220

Recreation Gamer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Why, oh why did a quality game Company like Rockstar make such a HUGE f*ckUP!! This is a awesome game, but the cop AI should be patched, if possible.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:49 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 07 October 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Its called Grand Theft Auto, not Highway Code Auto. I wish they'd just let me speed through cities and not shoot at me the second I go through a red light. It adds nothing and it slows the gameplay down to a snails pace.

that's blatantly wrong

cops don't mind traffic violations, you can speed, run red lights and even crash into cars all day as long as you don't hit a cop or murder a bunch of people they do nothing

IMO the cops aren't exactly harder overall, they're pretty easy to get away from

if you want to duke it out you're going to lose though with the ridiculous spawn rate they have

especially the choppers that could definitly use some work

but to say it sucks or is horrible is just plain stupid, overall the police are definitely an improvement over the ones in gta 4. perhaps too much of an improvement

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

anyone realized that the police system is the EXACT SAME as Bully? :pp

both when you made trouble, the police/prefects will search for you. (not PO-UP from the middle of nowhere)

both will have blue lights in the radar (in Bully's case, its yellow.) if you enter these they will start chasing you (except that in Bully's case, that blue light stays on the radar while in GTA V that light disappear until you escape from their sigh)

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle car rule

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by beretta-gt88, 07 October 2013 - 03:34 PM.

I like the Cops I had a great chase with Trevor and Franklin I was surprised that bullet proof tires will pop over time and full auto armor lasted as long as it did :) the engine was smoking and the car was on rims:) awesome!  Rockstar did a great job on the Cop AI compared to GTA IV  :)

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 07 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.

1) They're not TOO difficult, though I think it's silly that they only get harder the more you kill them. In reality, if any suspect were to start inflicting massive casualties on a responding police force, brass would pull their units back to limit damage and hopefully get the suspect to calm down. They'd, if anything, watch from a distance and observe his next move. But they wouldn't just throw an endless swarm of officers and federal agents at the guy until they finally contain the situation. The closest we ever came to this situation happening in real life that I can think of was Christopher Dorner. Problem was, he didn't inflict large amounts of casualties, so the police had little motivation to let up and surround the cabin wherein he had barricaded himself. But I certainly don't remember any police force charging into the warpath of a raging gunman like the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan...

2) Maybe it's just me, but I feel like when you're hiding in an alleyway, the police magically seem to know which little nook or cranny you hid in, and they randomly decide to turn down that alley. What's the point of trying to hide if an army of telepathic, psychic goons are just going to weed you out with their sorcerous bullsh*t anyway?  :p You have a better shot at escaping by just flooring it and going somewhere they can't follow....like a mountain or something. But if you're at 3-star or higher and you have a chopper on you...good luck hiding on a summit.

3) Also...it's just kinda bullsh*t when you use a jet as a getaway vehicle and you can't get away because choppers keep spawning right in front of you, even at like 35000 ft, which is WAY above the flight ceiling for ANY kind of helicopter. No air, no lift. Those police choppers should drop like rocks at that altitude. Personally, I think they shouldn't spawn at all. It's silly that you can't escape the police by air. The only true escape vehicle I've found that can successfully carry you away from a five-star wanted rating is the DSRV-type submarine. 400ft below the surface is apparently the only place the police CAN'T follow you. And as far as I can tell, there is no accessible submarine in GTA:O, so you're pretty much screwed if you manage to get in that much trouble.

• Grand Cannon and Majesty Dreamworth like this

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 07 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by Stephan123, 07 October 2013 - 04:24 PM.

I easily passed the 5 star police chase after

Spoiler
with the first try. So the police system can't be too hard. Rockstar can only tweak it here and there to make it more realistic. Oh and I want the military/Merryweather private army to chase me at least in the country side, when I have 5 stars...

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

They never go in tunnels even if they see you do it. If you look at them it deactivates their super speed drive cheat,they won't follow you up a mountain unless they see you go up it. Don't sur in one shot they know where you are and come right to ya, the easiest is just keep moving slowly and keep turning and they will never find you. Gta 5 had slow speed chases, gta4 had high speed ones, lol once you understand how they work and what their patterns are they are laughably easy to get away from. The low player health and super speed cop cheat and instant spawn Chopper problems are annoying but easy and boring to beat once you figure it out. I much prefer the cops ingta4. Way more fun. Gta5 they are simple tedious and time consuming to evade.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

And as far as I can tell, there is no accessible submarine in GTA:O, so you're pretty much screwed if you manage to get in that much trouble.

it's a lot easier to escape the cops online

i've escaped 4 stars easily by just flying away in my chopper

also a big part of a succesful escape seems to be a quick getaway, get away from the scene of the crime before the choppers get there and escaping is a lot easier

• TragicSatireIndeed likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

I can easily escape them even on five stars. Just find some out of the way place and go into cover. I actually saw two cop cars speed right past me while crouching in an alleyway. I think they are actually better than PS2 games where a wanted level never went away unless you found a pay and spray or did a cheat.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by kb2084, 07 October 2013 - 06:27 PM.

police in this version of GTA are the BEST. in the others it was FAR difficult to lose the police at 3 stars and above. its MUCH better now. more intelligent like. and i like the cover system and line-of-sight. its great.

but they need to fix stupid stuff like little nudge of a cop on the street or something sill... sometimes just no reason at all... and the cops start shooting. thats annoying at times.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

police in this version of GTA are the BEST. in the others it was FAR difficult to lose the police at 3 stars and above. its MUCH better now. more intelligent like. and i like the cover system and line-of-sight. its great.

but they need to fix stupid stuff like little nudge of a cop on the street or something sill... sometimes just no reason at all... and the cops start shooting. thats annoying at times.

It wasnt really that hard to lose the police if you knew how to drive in previous games, cause they wouldnt cheat and have super speed like now.  Its really almost too easy to escape them once you know how they operate in 5, definitely much easier to escape than in 4, but the stars stay around way too long and they are far to aggressive if you do stick around, shooting your ass on 1 star.  I like the cops in 4 way better, didnt shoot till 2 stars and didnt f*cking kill your ass with three bullets and had breaks beween spawns cause they spawned a ways away, not up your asshole like in 5.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:03 PM Edited by theworldfamous, 07 October 2013 - 09:04 PM.

I would like a bit more wiggle room at the bottom of the wanted levels but I love the new aggression. It forces you to get creative and think on your feet.

I think people that think they're too tough just drive recklessly around the center of town hoping that'll solve it. How do you think that would work out in real life, dummy? Dump the car, get on foot and duck into the alleys. I really like the search and chase AI. 

I don't like that you get a wanted level for minor infractions and that it escalates to 2 stars so quickly. I think you should only get wanted levels with shots fired. Otherwise they should just come to investigate/eat donuts.

EDIT: long story short.. difficulty is fine but it could use a bit more nuance.

abruptjones
  • abruptjones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

When a cop car pulls up on me I fire two shots.  Those cops do not get out of the car because they are dead.  Why should this be any different for my playable character?  With the exception of Trevor's special ability, the 3 of these playable characters are humans.  So I can headshot the cops before they even stop the car completely, but it's not alright for the same to happen me?  Honestly the cops should be able to do (almost)anything and (almost)everything that I can with the 3 characters, with the exception of special abilities, of course.  Now I am not going to defend the programming of the wanted level system.  But lets not forget this is a video game, and as much as they try to imitate life, it will always be a video game, so these types of "unrealistic" events should be expected of any game, especially a free-roam game about criminals. And let's remember the nature of the Grand Theft Auto Universe.  The cities we've come to know and love are inundated with criminals, why shouldn't the cops abilities match those of the criminals? Now with that said let's think about the complaints here:  

Cops are too accurate.   This could be true to real life.  Cops are trained to use firearms.  Snipers in a helicopter are still SNIPERS in a helicopter.  Again, SNIPERS.  We are talking about jobs that require the use of firearms.  Of course they are accurate.  I can not speak for those who have claimed being shot through walls.  I have not experienced that myself.

Cops are too fast.  Well in real life cops are trained to drive better than the average motorist, and cop cars are made to perform a little bit better than your every day vehicle.  Sure, it's a bit much for a cop car to be right behind me in an Adder at top speeds, but again this is a video game, and if my playable characters are good enough to take corners at full speed(see Franklin's special ability) then shouldn't the cops have a chance to keep up?  Keep in mind that with a little clever maneuvering, you can get away from cops in a dump truck, let alone the faster cars the game offers.

Cops are too aggressive.  Laughable.  Not only is this a Grand Theft Auto game, this is a game satirically based on Los Angeles.  Are the cops not aggressive in South Central?  The cops of Los Santos need to be able to handle the crime of Los Santos.

Honestly, opinions are opinions, but it's hard to make an argument that the cops are harder on V than past GTA games.  Getting stars on V means nothing if you are clever and efficient with your movements, no matter the mode of transportation you use to get away.  On past games, anything more than 1 star meant a lengthy high speed chase that would likely take you to the other side of the map before you are able to carry on.  Now, on V, I can get 2+ stars, make a quick getaway and be done with it.  I do not consider myself a great GTA player either, so this is not a post from some guy who thinks he's the best at this game.  It's from someone who doesn't understand the problem this thread is trying to address.

• Grand Cannon and TragicSatireIndeed like this

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

1) They're not TOO difficult, though I think it's silly that they only get harder the more you kill them. In reality, if any suspect were to start inflicting massive casualties on a responding police force, brass would pull their units back to limit damage and hopefully get the suspect to calm down. They'd, if anything, watch from a distance and observe his next move. But they wouldn't just throw an endless swarm of officers and federal agents at the guy until they finally contain the situation. The closest we ever came to this situation happening in real life that I can think of was Christopher Dorner. Problem was, he didn't inflict large amounts of casualties, so the police had little motivation to let up and surround the cabin wherein he had barricaded himself. But I certainly don't remember any police force charging into the warpath of a raging gunman like the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan...

2) Maybe it's just me, but I feel like when you're hiding in an alleyway, the police magically seem to know which little nook or cranny you hid in, and they randomly decide to turn down that alley. What's the point of trying to hide if an army of telepathic, psychic goons are just going to weed you out with their sorcerous bullsh*t anyway?  :p You have a better shot at escaping by just flooring it and going somewhere they can't follow....like a mountain or something. But if you're at 3-star or higher and you have a chopper on you...good luck hiding on a summit.

3) Also...it's just kinda bullsh*t when you use a jet as a getaway vehicle and you can't get away because choppers keep spawning right in front of you, even at like 35000 ft, which is WAY above the flight ceiling for ANY kind of helicopter. No air, no lift. Those police choppers should drop like rocks at that altitude. Personally, I think they shouldn't spawn at all. It's silly that you can't escape the police by air. The only true escape vehicle I've found that can successfully carry you away from a five-star wanted rating is the DSRV-type submarine. 400ft below the surface is apparently the only place the police CAN'T follow you. And as far as I can tell, there is no accessible submarine in GTA:O, so you're pretty much screwed if you manage to get in that much trouble.

I strongly agree with your 2nd and 1st points. I experience that sh*t every. single. damn. time.

Drive a good amount of blocks away into some random alleyway, police just so happen to snoop at that EXACT stop.

Cops also seem to have supersonic hearing, when I silently steal a car (not breaking the window), with NO witnesses or CCTVs in the area, the cops in the UNDERGROUND metro seem to know exactly what I look like, what kind of car I'm stealing, and where I'm heading off to. Some bat sh*t.

Don't even get me started with escaping helicopters while in a jet.

I don't HATE the wanted system or the game, it's just that the police needs to be worked on. A lot. Awareness/Alertness, respond time, spawning.

/End Rant

• Majesty Dreamworth likes this

the_suicide_fox
  • the_suicide_fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

I easily passed the 5 star police chase after

Spoiler
with the first try. So the police system can't be too hard. Rockstar can only tweak it here and there to make it more realistic. Oh and I want the military/Merryweather private army to chase me at least in the country side, when I have 5 stars...

I have a feeling that wasn't a true 5 star. My escape vehicle was upgraded to the max, but it was still wasn't very fast (some low level sedan). I found it easier to escape the cops at that point than if I went to the airport and got a 3 star and tried to run. It is a mission, so it would make sense for them to tone it down a bit.

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

I cant stand that damn ramming thing they do.

I can live fine with every part of the system, but the fact they get a mass speed up just to ram you is just so f*cking stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users