Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,788 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (809 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (192 votes [23.73%])

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (99 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

3. No, it could be improved. (518 votes [64.03%])

Percentage of vote: 64.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

So... you cant escape the cops? Thats why you're crying?

No thats not what the OP's point is but feel free to keep trying. You will manage to read and analyze it correctly some day :)

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by iNero, 06 October 2013 - 04:38 PM.

I drove on the rails and they spawned on the bridge infront of me.Choppers spawn instantly. Cops spawn one street ahead of you and it sometimes takes like more than 2 minutes before its gone after it has started to cool down... with 1 star

I drove with an 9F (Audi R8) fullspeed on the freeway and the cops still manage to bump me 5 times..

• theGTAking101 likes this

Mr. Schneobelen
  • Mr. Schneobelen

That's harassment

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:43 PM Edited by Mr. Schneobelen, 06 October 2013 - 04:45 PM.

So... you cant escape the cops? Thats why you're crying?

No, he's complaining about the ridiculous and unrealistic cop A.I., and I agree with him.

• caseclosedjk likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

i hope they tune them down in a patch or so jeez they don't even give me a chance to steal a cop car

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

my only complaint about the system is how long it takes for a one star wanted level to disappear.. gta4 had it right there at least

but then again te cops in 4 were way too easy to outmaneuver 

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

I just use the invincibility cheat, just make sure you get away from the cops in advanced so you can have enough time to re-type the code again.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

I agree with the OP.

The police are way too aggressive in 1 star mode. They actually start SHOOTING you for minor offenses, rather than chase you.

Their shooting is way too accurate as well. I don't mind a bit of challenge, but this is over the top. You STILL get riddled with bullets, even when you are  behind walls.

Fortunately, this is something that CAN be fixed if enough people complain to Rockstar.

There ARE some good elements, especially the ability to hide out from police, but their still needs to be some adjustment to the ease with which they pop up and find you.

AAR
  • AAR

It's important to not give a fock.

• Members
  • Luxembourg

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by AAR, 06 October 2013 - 05:39 PM.

The wanted/spawning system needs some refinement. The cops should chase you on foot and have tasters at 1 star wanted level. They should be less aggressive/accurate.

AAR
  • AAR

It's important to not give a fock.

• Members
  • Luxembourg

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I don't know, ask a moderator, maybe they can help you ;)

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by fwenshy, 06 October 2013 - 05:56 PM.

I was in the hood (and yes I started sh*t by flipping off a few ballas). About 5 or 6 guys go agro and start shooting me. I did not fire one shot (NOT ONE) I drive a few feet away I want to see if they will get a car and chase me. BOOM I have a star! I have 5 or 6 guys chasing me with guns and I get a star. Cops show up immediatley and turns to 2 stars. I was so shocked and it caught me off guard I didn't react fast enough. I finally got away but it took a few minutes lost most of my health and all my armor (between gang and cops)

The wanted system is f*cked. I wouldn't mind a patch to it. It does ruin some of the fun to be had. Instead of a shoot out with gangs I get stuck playing hide and seek with the goddamn cops.

I don't understand? You shot a couple of gang members and started a gun battle in the middle of a city and you are confused that the police got called? You are an idiot.

Gray-45
  • Gray-45

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think you people have no skill and suck at games the cops are easy 

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Its called Grand Theft Auto, not Highway Code Auto. I wish they'd just let me speed through cities and not shoot at me the second I go through a red light. It adds nothing and it slows the gameplay down to a snails pace.

oddity-1991
  • oddity-1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think you people should read what my post is actually about instead of being f*cking retards.

oddity-1991
  • oddity-1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

I was in the hood (and yes I started sh*t by flipping off a few ballas). About 5 or 6 guys go agro and start shooting me. I did not fire one shot (NOT ONE) I drive a few feet away I want to see if they will get a car and chase me. BOOM I have a star! I have 5 or 6 guys chasing me with guns and I get a star. Cops show up immediatley and turns to 2 stars. I was so shocked and it caught me off guard I didn't react fast enough. I finally got away but it took a few minutes lost most of my health and all my armor (between gang and cops)

The wanted system is f*cked. I wouldn't mind a patch to it. It does ruin some of the fun to be had. Instead of a shoot out with gangs I get stuck playing hide and seek with the goddamn cops.

I don't understand? You shot a couple of gang members and started a gun battle in the middle of a city and you are confused that the police got called? You are an idiot.

Can you READ??? He said he didn't fire a shot at them at all. It was the gang members shooting at him and yet he got he wanted level. God damn it you people are dumb! f*cking READ! READ!

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

You've seen sh*tloads of comments saying the police is fine? that also means you've seen a sh*tload of threads whining about the police, so exactly why the f did you feel the need to post another one?

I have to agree. This subject keeps popping up every couple of minutes, and it's getting really difficult to believe the posters aren't aware that other threads on this subject don't already exist.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:38 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 06 October 2013 - 06:39 PM.

What annoys me is that they kill me with literally 3 shots on FULL HEALTH & ARMOR. I can't even run and drive away in my car without getting killed. Also, their cars are too unrealistic. How in the world can a goddamn cop car catch up to my Adder and smash me so hard in the back of the car that I'm spinning off the road or how can these little sh*ts literally push a Dump Truck off the road? Also, they seem to have Franklin's ability because I've seen a cop car do a perfect 90 degree turn on high speed.

This really takes away all the fun.

You know, unlike you, we have a life and we don't have time to play the game 24/7 to practice skills.

M1_Mercenary
  • M1_Mercenary

Crash Test Dummy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I think the new police system overall is quite well done. Sure you do get stars easily, but I haven't had many problems with that. Civilians are a little call happy to 911 if you insult them enough, and I do get a wanted level sometimes for killing someone who is isolated in the desert.(However that isn't a new problem, I can kill a lone motorist in the desert in GTA:SA and get a star as well.)

However, the police response times in those situations is long enough I can quite easily escape on foot. Even in LS a lot of the times I can just run from the scene of the crime and hide and not have the police find me. Sometimes I can even get away with hiding 100-200ft from where I shot someone, the police just seem to act like they are experienced with where people would hide in their cities/towns for the most part.

As for getting away. the police chases in a car remind me of how aggressive CHP can get in pursuits against people. I also just assume the helicopters have FLIR, which is essentially standard for CHP/LAPD, and avoid hiding in shrubs and bushes when they arrive on scene. They are a bit too quick to go lethal, but then again it is likely a bit of satire on how trigger happy police seem to get.

The system isn't perfect. but I feel it is an overall major improvement over IV.

• TragicSatireIndeed likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't believe this is the way Rockstar INTENDED the police AI or wanted system to work. They were pretty clear that the line of sight system would eliminate the way cops magically "knew" where you were, but it is a system that is inconsistent at best.

Police still spot you in secluded areas at times. The WORST part of the police AI is clearly how they appear so quickly, even out in the middle of NOWHERE. You think you can kill a few people out in secluded areas that have NO witnesses, but almost every time you kill someone police arrive in record time.

There DEFINATELY needs to be a patch addressing these issues regarding police AI awareness and aggressiveness.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Sometimes they are annoying when you do stuff in the middle of nowhere and you get wanted. Though regarding them being difficult, I woujld say yes for Online no for SP. For some reason they are giving me a hard time when Online, but I love it. Today I had a 10 minute chase because they saw me in a stolen car. Best cop chase in my entire GTA gaming. Had to switch cars like 3 times. It was epic
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 06 October 2013 - 07:08 PM.

have one 1 start wanted level (or higher)?

*entering super jump cheat....if not activated*

JUMP TO THE NEXT HIGH BUILDING! :cool: in every time I get killed, I kill/beat someone to death and see if they have money...jump right on the hospital! blind-ass police wont see you! :pp

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Can you READ??? He said he didn't fire a shot at them at all. It was the gang members shooting at him and yet he got he wanted level. God damn it you people are dumb! f*cking READ! READ!

Ok I miss read, but the fact he got gang members to fire shots at him and then wonders why the police are called. And if he says he didn't get his gun out after they started firing at him then he's full of sh*t. He caused a gunfight weather he started shooting or not. The police wouldn't know who was shooting at who. So basically what I'm saying is f*ck YOU, YOU f*ckING RETARD. How hard is it to understand that if you give a gangster the finger he will shoot at you, police will be called, you are involved, police will be after you too.

invalidnull
  • invalidnull

git gud

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Police aren't all too difficult but i can see where you're coming from.
I'm not saying you're bad but this game has emphasis on damage and police aggressiveness. It's all there to make the game more difficult. All I can say is get better at the game. 

To everyone else. Am I the only one who doesn't have the ramming problem at high speeds? When I'm in a 9f going full speed, the cops seem to have trouble keeping up. The best way to lose cop cars is go on an oncoming lane in a freeway, but it takes some nifty driving.

Hiding for the most part is easy, just get far away and find a nice secluded spot. You just have to get out of their search radius.

• TragicSatireIndeed likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

that happened with me in Bully too :pp an gang-dude threw something on the cop, making him though I AM who threw it :sui:

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

if it comes with GTA V, I just hide in the nearest roof until the wanted level leave me :pp

PolishPrisoner
  • PolishPrisoner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Has anyone else been tazed by police?  I was tased one time after switching to Franklin.  It was after the character switch scene where Franklin and Lamar are on the sidewalk walking away from two cops and talking smack.  As soon as the game let me control Franklin, I pointed my pistol at one of the cops.  Instead of him shooting me like I expected, he tazed me!  I was so surprised.  I knew there were tazers/stun guns in the game but I didn't know the police had the ability to use them.  

TheDavid
  • TheDavid

You ruined my life. (again)

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

The worst thing about the police is that you can finally run away and be in the middle of the desert, off and far away from any road and whaddya know, a COP IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT. 

Kabuki777
  • Kabuki777

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

They get alerted too easy, 2 stars and you have a swarm on the map chasing you and then I get told to hide in bushes? As I said before this isn't splinter cell.
The game is GTA the whole cop thing was a parody they supposed to be stupid and say goofy things, it was fun to have cops on you before now it's f*cking annoying.

the_suicide_fox
  • the_suicide_fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I just don't like how the cops spawn right on top of you sometimes, or that choppers will instantly respawn when you blow one up. It's also crazy how they can outrun you even if you have a completely upgraded super they still catch up. 

And IDK about anyone else but I find the damage cops do to be inconsistent. One time I can have full health and body armor and die in a few seconds out in the open and another I could have red health and run around for what seems like eons before I die.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by Hooves07, 06 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Ok I miss read, but the fact he got gang members to fire shots at him and then wonders why the police are called. And if he says he didn't get his gun out after they started firing at him then he's full of sh*t. He caused a gunfight weather he started shooting or not. The police wouldn't know who was shooting at who. So basically what I'm saying is f*ck YOU, YOU f*ckING RETARD. How hard is it to understand that if you give a gangster the finger he will shoot at you, police will be called, you are involved, police will be after you too.

The only retard here is you dumba**. You just don't get it. The star was got because pedestrians on foot will call the police if you insult them or flip them off in a heartbeat. Like I said I was caught off guard because I can't believe the cops were called in that instance. The cops show up and immediatly chase me despite 5 or 6 guys running around firing weapons in public (Again I didn't fire ONE shot). Now THAT's f*cking retarded. Minor tweeks to the wanted system would be good. I like the peds and drivers going agro at insults and flipping off (Who says road rage isn't fun) But pulling up on a bike and flipping somone off only to have them pull their phone and call the cops is a little bit too ridiculous.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

that happened with me in Bully too :pp an gang-dude threw something on the cop, making him though I AM who threw it :sui:

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

if it comes with GTA V, I just hide in the nearest roof until the wanted level leave me :pp

LOL miss that game(would love to see a Bully 2). I have tried hiding on the roof, every single time a cop has climbed up and found me. I just drive off and find alleyways. If there is a chopper I find underpasses a few miles away. The train tunnels are always my never-fail plan to evade, if you are near them and don't have too many cops on your tail.

NewReno
  • NewReno

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by NewReno, 06 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

I'm inclined to agree with OP. I was cruisin through Blaine county on my mountain bike when I saw some hikers and decided to follow them on foot for a bit. As soon as I started following, a state trooper passed us in her car and parked at a nearby stream and started smoking a cig. I thought it would be fun to walk up and take a selfie with her but as soon as I took out my phone and pointed it at the two of us, she looks at me, pushes me, and proceeds and take out her pistol and gun me down. I didn't even touch her...

This was late the other night and I was proper faded by that point, so really, this event was hysterically funny. But still, come on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users