Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,748 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (723 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (184 votes [25.45%])

Percentage of vote: 25.45%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (83 votes [11.48%])

Percentage of vote: 11.48%

3. No, it could be improved. (456 votes [63.07%])

Percentage of vote: 63.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote
PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

The system is cheap more than it is hard, they just spawn cops wherever your headed. I tried to hide out on the horse track thinking oh there wont be any cops there. Nope, one magically spawned right on the horse track than 3 more spawned, but thats exactly how it was in GTA4.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

The easist thing I do to get out of a 1 or 2 star wanted level is to

A- drive offroad or up a mountain. A lot of the time the cops will just stick to the roads.
B- locate their positions on the radar, wait in an alley for them to pass, and then drive/run the other way.

3 stars is a little tricky because of the chopper and if you shoot it down you usually get an automatic 4th star. Subway tunnels and hiding under bridges work pretty well though.

4 and 5 stars are usually pretty intense. If you get rolled up on by one of the swat team trucks it's big trouble unless you have explosives or Trevor's special ability.

Or you could always just keep a getaway hearse lying around like this guy-

• oddity-1991 and TragicSatireIndeed like this

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Why must people turn threads about the wanted system into police difficulty?

The police difficulty is fine. The problem is getting wanted stars for looking at people or even when people do stuff to you.

YOu can get a star from a police car running into your parked car! COme on. Stop pretending it's not a bad issue.

The game is great but they have to patch the wanted system.

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

No way are they too difficult.  Plus in online ill have friends so it cant be too easy.  Who cares about single player.  Heres a vid escaping the police.  You gotta know where to go.  Inside the city is the best place because of sharp turns everywhere. Out in the country your screwed with alot of stars.

After i made this one i made another one that was 5 stars and i drove around staying alive for like 10 minutes before they killed me. 

Where can I get a car like that? I want a superfast car I can supe up for police chases

Teh bugatti is down the street from micheals house.  But i bought that one online.  i havent seen it driving around randomly at all yet.

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

No way are they too difficult.  Plus in online ill have friends so it cant be too easy.  Who cares about single player.  Heres a vid escaping the police.  You gotta know where to go.  Inside the city is the best place because of sharp turns everywhere. Out in the country your screwed with alot of stars.

After i made this one i made another one that was 5 stars and i drove around staying alive for like 10 minutes before they killed me. 

Where can I get a car like that? I want a superfast car I can supe up for police chases

Teh bugatti is down the street from micheals house.  But i bought that one online.  i havent seen it driving around randomly at all yet.

What's with the crosshair being different in the video?

Matthias King
  • Matthias King

The Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

The fact that you can be driving at break-neck speeds in an Infernus or an Adder or any of the super cars, and the police can not only still keep up with you, but also ram your car at the speed of light is ridiculous.

• avfc1991 and Doctor Aqua like this

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

There's certainly problems with the way you gain wanted stars, but there is also a very big police difficulty problem with the helicopters. The snipers in helicopters always maintian 100% accuracy unless you're in cover. Even if the helicopter is experiencing turbulence/being shot at, they still successfully hit you. When a helicopter is being fired at, I don't think the sniper would be calm enough to land those shots.

TheAwesome3211
  • TheAwesome3211

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Man! I find the Police soo Easy here, I mean all you have to do is to hide somewhere... And yesterday I've been killing Cops, and I reached 5 stars, and I kept on killing theme, so what happened is that they Gave up! I never knew Cops will give up!! It's Easier than I thought.

mrboulong
  • mrboulong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

please everyone who wants the cops nerfed and to sort out the crazy spawns of police email: [email protected] . If enough of us tell them theyll do something

• oddity-1991 likes this

AAR
  • AAR

Get It On

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:02 PM Edited by AAR, 01 October 2013 - 12:06 PM.

@ oddity-1991

Maybe you should change the title of the thead because you're not really complaining about the difficulty level of the police but clearly about the not good working WANTED system and stealth. People just read the title and comment thinking you're complaining about the difficulty level.

There's certainly problems with the way you gain wanted stars, but there is also a very big police difficulty problem with the helicopters. The snipers in helicopters always maintian 100% accuracy unless you're in cover. Even if the helicopter is experiencing turbulence/being shot at, they still successfully hit you. When a helicopter is being fired at, I don't think the sniper would be calm enough to land those shots.

Totally agree with you.

oddity-1991
  • oddity-1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by oddity-1991, 01 October 2013 - 04:30 PM.

@ oddity-1991

Maybe you should change the title of the thead because you're not really complaining about the difficulty level of the police but clearly about the not good working WANTED system and stealth. People just read the title and comment thinking you're complaining about the difficulty level.

Totally agree with you.

How do I change the title of the thread? I've tried but failed miserably :(

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:00 AM Edited by VoiceoftheVoiceless, 02 October 2013 - 02:00 AM.

Yeah I mean this one time I was playing as Michael, and I was in a clothing store in Blaine County and I bumped into an old lady and she freakin' called the cops, what the f*ck man? The cops are so f*cking annoying in this game, so is the AI.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

Did the latest patch do effect police behavior at all? The newswire didn't list it specifically so I'm going to assume there's no change here.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

Did the latest patch do effect police behavior at all? The newswire didn't list it specifically so I'm going to assume there's no change here.

It could have done something. I just started shooting around Portola Drive and killed one person, didn't get any stars at all…

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Sometimes if I kill one person nothing happens. I haven't played since before the patch so I'll test when I get home.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by caseclosedjk, 06 October 2013 - 11:26 AM.

invveoKOsjfUb.gif

Just terrible.

GTA IV cops had better coding in 1 toenail than V cops did in their entire bodies. Even the Saints Row IV cops were coded better... What in the world was R* thinking?  Not to mention that somehow, their shooting in so unrealistic that its laughable.

fc1e1f.jpg

Cops are represented as the circles at the bottom. In V, somehow no matter what, their bullets have a 99.9 % chance of hitting you.

I know you all have noticed this insane garbage...

This needs fixed ASAP.

• NewReno likes this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

That is pretty sh*t, happens to me all the time, Another great one is the classic spawn-a-cop-on-top-of-you move, and the Instant respawning Choppers, 600,000 patrols in the wilderness, Choppers at Ceiling altitudes..

The new AI is definitely a step in the right direction, But it needs quite a bit of Tweaking before I'd call it anywheres near perfect.

But yes, Until a fix comes by, IV > V for the entire Police system, at least they'd cracked jokes in IV...

Oh, Inb4l2pphaggot

Mr. Schneobelen
  • Mr. Schneobelen

That's harassment

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

The cops are indeed the most annoying thing about GTA V.

Not to mention that they won't even bother to arrest you(yeah, after a few seconds it's shoot to kill).

Eternal Highness
  • Eternal Highness

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, I hate them too especially the choppers. The choppers have ruined the whole experience for me. Can't even have a good shootout or car chase because they are f*cking constantly shooting at you. f*cking dumb. You ever seen that in a real-life police chase? f*cking choppers shooting at the car? NO. They simply follow the f*cking car to report it's position to the ground units.

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Numerous times I've been driving with 100% health and I'll drive past a police station... But there will be a cop on the sidewalk outside and with one shot, they hit me in the head and I'm instantly dead.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

THe cops are the only thing that ruin the free roam element of this game.

Be it getting wanted despite no witnesses or them always spawning in your location (albiet acting like they do not know where you are then BAM they 'stumble' upon you hiding) when you are hiding from them all the way down to how 1 star takes for f*cking ages to disappear now.

They need nerfed / patched ASAP

Itzreality
  • Itzreality

A title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

All of this ^

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

I really haven't experienced anything except for the spawning of police being annoying at times. The police aren't super accurate to the point they are killing me while I drive by at the speed of light. If the police ever kill me, it's because they got a beat on me or flanked me or because I was out of cover.

But I've found outside of them spawning cars down roads, I really like the aggressiveness. And a lot of times, once I'm about 4-5 blocks from the last position I was seen, they don't spawn ahead of me anymore.

Just my experience and take.
  • TragicSatireIndeed likes this

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

The choppers should only chase you with 3*** and shoot at you on 4****

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I f*cking love you OP. You are my hero. Not only did I bookmark this thread, I also made a shadow copy of it to exist forevermore as proof that the world is not a bad place and people still exist who can acknowledge reality.

So many times I died the most bullsh*t death and flipped out only to be told I'm a noob. No. The AI in this game is broken. I have confirmation where AI can consistently shoot me through a f*cking wall. I have died numerous times with full body armor in what I can only describe as BF3 syndrome. All the AI bullets register all at once and I get instant killed even with full heath and armor.

Between this piss poor horrible online combat and the absolutely disgusting server issues deleting characters etc, I'd say this is the biggest flop of the generation. Far surpasses Diablo 3's launch in the fail department.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

I was in the hood (and yes I started sh*t by flipping off a few ballas). About 5 or 6 guys go agro and start shooting me. I did not fire one shot (NOT ONE) I drive a few feet away I want to see if they will get a car and chase me. BOOM I have a star! I have 5 or 6 guys chasing me with guns and I get a star. Cops show up immediatley and turns to 2 stars. I was so shocked and it caught me off guard I didn't react fast enough. I finally got away but it took a few minutes lost most of my health and all my armor (between gang and cops)

The wanted system is f*cked. I wouldn't mind a patch to it. It does ruin some of the fun to be had. Instead of a shoot out with gangs I get stuck playing hide and seek with the goddamn cops.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

So... you cant escape the cops? Thats why you're crying?

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

its really annoying when your doing well over 100 mph and the cops slam into your rear hard!

• theGTAking101 likes this

PoopMonster
  • PoopMonster

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I f*cking love you OP. You are my hero. Not only did I bookmark this thread, I also made a shadow copy of it to exist forevermore as proof that the world is not a bad place and people still exist who can acknowledge reality.

So many times I died the most bullsh*t death and flipped out only to be told I'm a noob. No. The AI in this game is broken. I have confirmation where AI can consistently shoot me through a f*cking wall. I have died numerous times with full body armor in what I can only describe as BF3 syndrome. All the AI bullets register all at once and I get instant killed even with full heath and armor.

Between this piss poor horrible online combat and the absolutely disgusting server issues deleting characters etc, I'd say this is the biggest flop of the generation. Far surpasses Diablo 3's launch in the fail department.

This is a real person apparently. Such a shame.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

So... you cant escape the cops? Thats why you're crying?

Cop chases are fun. Cop chases every 5 minutes is not fun. This is a GTA game not The good citizen game. I like my mayhem...it's funny you get the cops called on you for flipping someone off. This was an interesting call and design by R*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users