Quantcast

» «
Photo

Discussion: GTA V Police (too easy, too hard, just right?)

1,552 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the Police AI in GTA V? (492 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Police AI in GTA V?

1. Yes I love it! (156 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

2. Don't really care, I just shoot them. (49 votes [9.96%])

Percentage of vote: 9.96%

3. No, it could be improved. (287 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

For f*ck sake this is the main problem I am beginning to have with the game and tbh its only (I wouldnt say game breaking) insanely irritating flaw, I shoot a hiker WITH A SILENCED f*ckING WEAPON ontop of Mount Chilliad (where the trail is) and BOOM f*cking wanted and cops start driving up the mountain? Wtf is this BS? I kill people in the desert and BOOM wanted? f*ck that it is beginning to annoy the sh*t out of me and imo ruined GTA IV and I was hoping they would fix it with this one but nope. Also its annoying how the cops just spawn infront of you when your wanted,,,, 

• Mister Pink, Cyper, Hypertenzion and 12 others like this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:48 AM Edited by mr. libs, 22 September 2013 - 03:48 AM.

I give up on playing GTA V till an invincibility code is released, realism kills the fun feeling from the classic GTA rampages.

• Dat dude Smiley likes this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

I give up on playing GTA V till an invincibility code is released, realism kills the fun feeling from the classic GTA rampages.

Wrong thread mate.......

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

I agree with this complaint. The police system is just f*cking weird. You can kill someone in the middle of nowhere, but it HAS TO be in stealth mode, or you'll gain a wanted level. I did, however, shoot someone with a silenced pistol in the middle of the street and no cops showed up.

• xChaos Reigns, M4RK, Palikari and 1 other like this

Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:51 AM Edited by Kitteh, 22 September 2013 - 03:52 AM.

They also magically know where you are at all times. It's not "last seen" or whatever. If you've been hidden from police for 30 seconds and keep driving and park in a tunnel, cops will just show up above you and sit there, even though no cop has seen you for half a mile. Same thing with turning into an alley. Even if nobody sees you turn into an alley, the cops will magically know to follow you into that alley.

• xChaos Reigns, beastjeffrey and D-N-A like this

mute!
  • mute!

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

its also odd seeing police helicopers pop up all the way to the top of the mountain too.

• JRock462 likes this

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

All the Police are obviously Batman

• stjimmy3, MovieGuy786, JoeB and 11 others like this

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

I agree its god damn stupid. I killed people with a silenced pistol in the middle of NOWHERE with nobody around and Im wanted. Totally kills it IMO. Even on top of mount chilliad. If no one sees it there should be no cops, period.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by Lagful, 22 September 2013 - 03:54 AM.

There should be no reason they kept the omniscient police force. At least they require LOS to detect you now.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

They also magically know where you are at all times. It's not "last seen" or whatever. If you've been hidden from police for 30 seconds and keep driving and park in a tunnel, cops will just show up above you and sit there, even though no cop has seen you for half a mile. Same thing with turning into an alley. Even if nobody sees you turn into an alley, the cops will magically know to follow you into that alley.

For f*ck sake this is the main problem I am beginning to have with the game and tbh its only (I wouldnt say game breaking) insanely irritating flaw, I shoot a hiker WITH A SILENCED f*ckING WEAPON ontop of Mount Chilliad (where the trail is) and BOOM f*cking wanted and cops start driving up the mountain? Wtf is this BS? I kill people in the desert and BOOM wanted? f*ck that it is beginning to annoy the sh*t out of me and imo ruined GTA IV and I was hoping they would fix it with this one but nope. Also its annoying how the cops just spawn infront of you when your wanted,,,, 

All of this.

It really irks me. So much potential for really fun police hide and go seek, but instead they magically know where you are.."They don't magically know where you are, but they will search the area" Yeah, BS, rockstar. Also they can "see" me if I'm on a roof, ducking behind cover, even if they are on the ground?

:|

mute!
  • mute!

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by mute!, 22 September 2013 - 04:00 AM.

I agree its god damn stupid. I killed people with a silenced pistol in the middle of NOWHERE with nobody around and Im wanted. Totally kills it IMO. Even on top of mount chilliad. If no one sees it there should be no cops, period.

In GTA 4 I think it worked just like that. IF no one sees you shoot someone, you are good to go. If someone does and happens to dail 911, if you get to them before they finish, no cops will show up.

ballen205
  • ballen205

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by ballen205, 22 September 2013 - 04:02 AM.

If they magically know where you are, then you're saying you have never got away from the police?

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

This definately  needs to be patched.. The driving is fine, but this is something different.

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I totally agree with you OP, V is a masterpiece imo but this is something I really don't like about V. GTA was always about killing people but almost everytime I kill someone the police shows up.

• Slippery Gypsy likes this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

I haven't had these problems, I usually hide in a bush somewhere before they arrive and they can't find me. But f*ck the real life police though.

• Ichirpthe1-2 and lemon61090 like this

jeemuel_29
  • jeemuel_29

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

Waiting for R* cocksuckers defending this game.

• Hypertenzion, alfonsogomezmontoya, GRINCH ASS BITCH and 1 other like this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

This!

And also, I hate how they pull in front of you, and mirror your movements. 

ballen205
  • ballen205

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Waiting for R* cocksuckers defending this game.

Because you suck at it, they need to defend it. WTF

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Police instinct.
Seen it happen in real life too.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Do Park Rangers come at 1 -2 stars instead of normal police @ national parks, etc?

EzOne4Me
  • EzOne4Me

V > ALL

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

No problem here. A big improvement from the stupid cops AI in IV. I can just kill someone in the middle of nowhere without getting any wanted level, or cops chasing me up the mountain with cars because that doesn't make sense unless there is a off road somewhere. At one point I got 4 star and ran up to the top of Mount Chillad and cops were coming down from the helicopter to haunt me down instead of magically appear in foot from nowhere.

• TheKrigeron likes this

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

I love GTA V so far and I agree with this. Does anyone know if stealth fully powered has the same effect?

I don't think if I kill a lone hiker in the woods with a silencer that it should get cops after me. I was looking forward to playing crazy woods sniper guy.

I would like to see it more RDRish in the woods.

GTA V is great so far so I hope they fix this if they can
  • JRock462 likes this

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

If they magically know where you are, then you're saying you have never got away from the police?

If you kill someone, then drive 4 blocks away and hide in a discreet place without being seen, the cops should have no damn clue where you are, but they do.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

In GTA IV you can kill someone in the middle of no where and not get a wanted level. I mean, you usually don't get a wanted star unless there's someone around to call the cops. 

Sometimes, I can actually here people on their phones talking to the LCPD about what I'm doing, then seconds later 1 star wanted. This doesn't seem to be the case in V as you described, but I don't know, I haven't played it yet.

And to be honest, in IV, if you do something like blow up a bunch of cars with an RPG from a rooftop in the middle of Star Junction, yeah you'll get a wanted level, but it'll be grayed out at first until a cop spots you.

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

I sniped several different people earlier with a silenced sniper rifle and no cops showed up.

The Ripper 666
  • The Ripper 666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

if it is such a huge deal to you just email mouthoff cause you aren't accomplishing anything here by complaining 

• _Klebitz_ likes this

ballen205
  • ballen205

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

If you kill someone, then drive 4 blocks away and hide in a discreet place without being seen, the cops should have no damn clue where you are, but they do.

72 hours of game play and i have never had this problem. So i don't understand if the cops always know where you are, then how do you lose your wanted level?

EzOne4Me
  • EzOne4Me

V > ALL

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:22 AM Edited by EzOne4Me, 22 September 2013 - 04:22 AM.

Are you sure? I kill someone, hide behind a building that is just few meters away from where I kill the ped (probably like 20m), cops arrive, check the area with their gun pointing out and they didn't even spot me.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

cameras are everywhere these days mate.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

cameras are everywhere these days mate.

Even in your bedroom.

Remember that time you wanked off and you thought you were alone?

Think again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users