Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - Unworthy of a 10. My voluminous review.

285 replies to this topic
TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Holy sh*t lol, this thread is amazing. Love how the OP tries so hard to sound clever by using words that make no sense in the context of his posts.

For what its worth, I've poured myself a scotch, put my feet up and having a good laugh. Then I'm going to f*ck off and play GTA for a while. Don't understand why others can't do the same, the forum would be better off for it!

It's Sunday guys. Day of rest. Chill out.  :lol:

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Tell me... What games do you give a 10/10 to??

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Maybe try to have a reasonable vocabulary with a smooth style? "Antiquation" is not only wrong in usage - likely as taken from a thesaurus to parrot without an understanding of the meaning - it's f*cking awful to read, bordering on purple prose. Incidentally, the redundancy, as if to merely to include adjectives as filling to otherwise vapid ideas, is best exemplified by the description of Trevor as: "reprobate", "irreverent" and "sociopathic" - all practically identical in effect.

In conclusion: much prolix grandiloquence whilst abstrusely bromidic, deprived of profundity to be milquetoast. 

Kill 'em :catspider:

OnTopic: Not trying to be a hater like the rest of the fools commenting here, but I honestly found this review to be boring, and excitement isn't something I look for in written reviews. It's probably your diction.

But your aren't wrong in having those opinions. The game is lacking in some areas, which is something a lot of users here are afraid to accept. But whatever, man. Don't try to force someone to agree with you.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

The only thing I disagree with is the map, other than that, good review.

Thanks - Don't you think the map is lacking somewhat? Wouldn't you like another city?
I would love another city but in my personal preference, I love the countryside as much as another city

Cool, that's a subjective thing and I respect that. My personal taste is obviously going to be different than yours.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Tell me... What games do you give a 10/10 to??

San Andreas was a "10" in my opinion.

Remember though, it's all relative.

You can't really compare a game of this era to one of another era due to the computational differences.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Holy sh*t lol, this thread is amazing. Love how the OP tries so hard to sound clever by using words that make no sense in the context of his posts.

Not trying to sound clever at all. That's your perception. If you want to insult me be my guest. It's not going to work as I'm impervious to ad hominem attacks.

I'd appreciate a rebuttal of my review?

What do you think is wrong?

Care to articulate that instead of spouting inane hogwash?

We know which is more difficult.

Is this grammar...

A poetical meter...

In the likes of William Blake..

With the sentences a Thames of diluted meaning.....

Or more the remnants inside beatnik's ashtray,

Dreams of something longer as crumbles,

As the 5 minute TS Eliot is nothing more than an exhausted pleasure.

• El Tel likes this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Maybe try to have a reasonable vocabulary with a smooth style? "Antiquation" is not only wrong in usage - likely as taken from a thesaurus to parrot without an understanding of the meaning - it's f*cking awful to read, bordering on purple prose. Incidentally, the redundancy, as if to merely to include adjectives as filling to otherwise vapid ideas, is best exemplified by the description of Trevor as: "reprobate", "irreverent" and "sociopathic" - all practically identical in effect.

In conclusion: much prolix grandiloquence whilst abstrusely bromidic, deprived of profundity to be milquetoast. 

OnTopic: Not trying to be a hater like the rest of the fools commenting here, but I honestly found this review to be boring, and excitement isn't something I look for in written reviews. It's probably your diction.

But your aren't wrong in having those opinions. The game is lacking in some areas, which is something a lot of users here are afraid to accept. But whatever, man. Don't try to force someone to agree with you.

Thanks. I'm not trying to force people to concur with me. On the contrary, I want them to take issue with the points I'm making and not the style of writing I'm using.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Not trying to sound clever at all. That's your perception. If you want to insult me be my guest. It's not going to work as I'm impervious to ad hominem attacks.

Well other than there weird word choices, the review itself was no worse than so many others out there. For me, GTA V is as close to perfection as videogames are going to get for now, but that doesn't mean I'll start calling you a "fa**ot" or anything. You have the right to your opinion. 

People will continue to get annoyed at you though, for your weird use of words. But that stuff is quite entertaining, so keep it up I say.

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

I agree it's not worth anywhere near a 10.

It's worth about a 87.46

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Well other than there weird word choices, the review itself was no worse than so many others out there. For me, GTA V is as close to perfection as videogames are going to get for now, but that doesn't mean I'll start calling you a "fa**ot" or anything. You have the right to your opinion. 

People will continue to get annoyed at you though, for your weird use of words. But that stuff is quite entertaining, so keep it up I say.

But I agree with you? This game is as close as any game developers have got to perfection. 

And thanks for the latter part :-)

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Oh come on tone it down a little. I'm actually afraid that you socialize that way in real life with ordinary people to be honest. If aquiring higher vocabulary and grammar means losing the ability to talk in layman terms, then count me out lol. Not insulting or anything, just saying. Try to relax and loosen up a little. And for the love of god, do not use that kind of language if you're trying to hit on a girl. She'll run like a hobo on pcp

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Thanks. I'm not trying to force people to concur with me. On the contrary, I want them to take issue with the points I'm making and not the style of writing I'm using.

Writing means something: witty, organised and intelligible. Don't bullsh*t yourself to think purple prose is okay with a deeper meaning to excuse yourself.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

But I agree with you? This game is as close as any game developers have got to perfection. 

Didn't agree with your views on the map. 

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Didn't agree with your views on the map. 

That's probably a more contentious point, I concede many will have a different taste when it comes to that.

Jonathandavinci
  • Jonathandavinci

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Meh your opinion... Most people say its a great game including me so wtv

Unbelievable. Misinterpretation of my argument. If you read the piece you will see i also think it's a great game.

Sorry I thought this was another "GTA V SUCKS ASS BORED ALREADY NOTHING TO DO" topic which pc gamers like to create so much but ive read some of your article and i was wrong

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

I disagree with many things but at least you expressed your views in an intelligent manner and it was based on facts unlike a lot of other people. It wasn't acting like the cars were undrivable and calling anybody who didn't agree a casual gamer.

I love the map and think all the scenery is beautiful plus the graphics are astounding for current gen consoles. I also feel like there is plenty to buy especially if you look online in the game. The problem is money is too hard to obtain unless you know how to play stocks which is a bit too complicated for many people. Also you do do die too quick. None of this however ruins the fact that I still love this game.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Writing means something: witty, organised and intelligible. Don't bullsh*t yourself to think purple prose is okay with a deeper meaning to excuse yourself.

Don't bullsh*t yourself to think your opinion has any merit. Your definition of writing shows your facile understanding of it. Writing has many forms, and different styles. I'm not aiming for whit in this review. I'm attempting to convey to the reader as best as I can why I think this game has a lot of flaws. If I wanted a critique of my use of English I would have went to an English or grammar forum which I frequently visit. I wanted people's opinion on the game, not how they think I'm a pretentious douchebag. Because that couldn't be further from the truth.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

I disagree with many things but at least you expressed your views in an intelligent manner and it was based on facts unlike a lot of other people. It wasn't acting like the cars were undrivable and calling anybody who didn't agree a casual gamer.

I love the map and think all the scenery is beautiful plus the graphics are astounding for current gen consoles. I also feel like there is plenty to buy especially if you look online in the game. The problem is money is too hard to obtain unless you know how to play stocks which is a bit too complicated for many people. Also you do do die too quick. None of this however ruins the fact that I still love this game.

Thank you. See this is more what I expected, mature discourse. I can understand people having different view of what the map should consist of. Many have agreed with me about the lack of diversity. The graphics may be acceptable for current gen, and this is why I clarified Rockstar weren't culpable but the graphics aren't comparable to PC or Next Gen console gameplay. I got the opportunity to play a next gen console a few months ago and I was blown away.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Meh your opinion... Most people say its a great game including me so wtv

Unbelievable. Misinterpretation of my argument. If you read the piece you will see i also think it's a great game.

Sorry I thought this was another "GTA V SUCKS ASS BORED ALREADY NOTHING TO DO" topic which pc gamers like to create so much but ive read some of your article and i was wrong

Thanks, I think some people in here have read a paragraph or two and made their conclusion. I've really put extensive thought into this, and really hope Rockstar rectify some of these flaws with DLC. What do you think of my viewpoints?

• KillaDanny likes this

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:21 PM Edited by NothingPersonal, 29 September 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Don't bullsh*t yourself to think your opinion has any merit. Your definition of writing shows your facile understanding of it. Writing has many forms, and different styles. I'm not aiming for whit in this review. I'm attempting to convey to the reader as best as I can why I think this game has a lot of flaws. If I wanted a critique of my use of English I would have went to an English or grammar forum which I frequently visit. I wanted people's opinion on the game, not how they think I'm a pretentious douchebag. Because that couldn't be further from the truth.

You're officially insane and either an attention-whore or desperately in need of compliments. You sought FEEDBACK on the review and this includes all aspects. Additionally, need I even speak of your arrogant, contemptuous attitude with, "Most of the people here are a bunch of vacuous, puerile dolts" - now added onto, "Don't bullsh*t yourself to think your opinion has any merit".

Tell me, sir, why does your opinion have any merit? Why do you ask for constructive criticism and then insult people with the very subjective ideas you claim to oppose? Why do you get so f*cking defensive over any criticisms - seeking only compliments as you try to do with an 'impressive' (but laughably bad)  prose?

You're a f*cking kid who's retaliating so pathetically when we don't share the reactions desired, such as attention, with arrogant dismissals.

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

If gta v isn't worthy of a perfect 10/10 or 5/5 than no video game is. I'm sorry but this game is human technology at its best. We've come along way and I can't believe humans are still alive, but look at the sh*t we created! Everything from the graphics to the sounds effects to the music to the social commentary and all the humor. Honestly, what game is better? f*cking call of duty and it's recycled-yearly garbage that everyone mindlessly buys? Bioshock and it's less than 10 hours of gameplay? A game from generations ago? Saints f*cking Row!?!? Hell no! Gta is the king of all video games, and f*ck your petty little review or whatever that I didn't even read. Regardless of the minor strange glitche that will all be patched, this game is a masterpiece artwork... And people are forgetting about online mode, which I personally think will be even better than single player. So yeah it's the Michael Jordan of video games and your life is useless. Go play Call of Duty: Toasts and get screamed at by a 12 year old or something. It's the same as not watching Breaking Bad. You're a fool for not watching it, because it's great. And you're a fool for not liking this game, because it's great. Bitch!

i really need to start watching breaking bad. i hear great things constantly. 

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by -=Bert=-, 29 September 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Sorry, but there are multiple flaws with this review. First off, if you want to try and sound smart by using more upper-class words, you need to type out the sentence properly. I saw multiple instances of a sentence that could have been worded better to fit in with the excessive use of those words. I don't mind if you do or don't use that kind of vocabulary in real life, but it's unnecessary to use it on a place like the Internet. Remember, the Internet isn't full of A-grade spellers and readers, you need to lower your work to a standard that most can understand.

As for you review, it was quite mediocre, all you did was point out flaws with the game, assuming Rockstar is to blame, your protagonist section drifted off into describing the story, rather than focusing on who the protagonists are. More images would work and prevent readers from getting bored too. Spelling and structuring wise, many pointed out spelling mistakes, but there's also areas where adding more punctuation would work. I'm not sure why you were against the map, but I'm fine if you don't like it, I found it to be very diverse, as it was all crafted and not generated. Your obsession with DLC annoys me too, as I find DLC a greedy way for companies to squeeze you out of your last cent.

You tried too hard to push in words that weren't needed just so you could sound smart (possibly to show reads you know what you're saying), an occasional one would have been fine, remember, this review is for others to see, not just for a small minority who may understand all of those words. Even in your replies here I can see multiple spelling mistakes, the most prominent one is the lower case I. Your review pointed out a lot of flaws that have to do with console limitations - something Rockstar can't help. I also can't help but feel you didn't know the meanings to all those words, but I could be wrong, I'm not going to state facts here that aren't proven. Trying to sound smart by using words like that will only make you look bad, spelling correctly is one of the best ways to show others on the Internet your words are worth reading. 

Now, don't get me started on spelling, I'm the best speller in my school, having a huge understanding of how to properly structure a sentence while also using the correct words for it. If you can use those "fancy" words, as they call it, fine, but you will get nowhere if you keep writing reviews made for yourself. One other thing, what makes a game deserve a perfect 10? There's no real way to define a "perfect game", as the "perfect game" will always be different to others. I love GTA V, but it had a large amount of issues that could have been solved, but instead Rockstar are obsessed with this multiplayer aspect.

Your review overdid it with an excessively large amount of words that weren't needed, which will hinder your target audience. Wording it better and using more base words would work wonders, and you would have never gotten such criticism. Oh, yes, you also need to understand constructive criticism, if many users say your use of words is bad, then change it. Adjusting your work to what the audience wants will set you on a good track, I'm not saying you have to conform, as I hate "following the crowd", but if you only focus on yourself you won't get anywhere. Once again, I have no problem with how you use your vocabulary, but it won't help here on the Internet.

Good luck on your next review though...

peatthegreat
  • peatthegreat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

"GTA is one of the finest games of the millennium". Think you meant to say 21st century mate, I don't remember reading that the tudors or the victorians were that big on their console gaming. sh*t review as well, if I ever met you I'd probably think you were a c*nt within half a minute of meeting you.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Sorry, but there are multiple flaws with this review. First off, if you want to try and sound smart by using more upper-class words, you need to type out the sentence properly. I saw multiple instances of a sentence that could have been worded better to fit in with the excessive use of those words. I don't mind if you do or don't use that kind of vocabulary in real life, but it's unnecessary to use it on a place like the Internet. Remember, the Internet isn't full of A-grade spellers and readers, you need to lower your work to a standard that most can understand.

As for you review, it was quite mediocre, all you did was point out flaws with the game, assuming Rockstar is to blame, your protagonist section drifted off into describing the story, rather than focusing on who the protagonists are. More images would work and prevent readers from getting bored too. Spelling and structuring wise, many pointed out spelling mistakes, but there's also areas where adding more punctuation would work. I'm not sure why you were against the map, but I'm fine if you don't like it, I found it to be very diverse, as it was all crafted and not generated. Your obsession with DLC annoys me too, as I find DLC a greedy way for companies to squeeze you out of your last cent.

You tried too hard to push in words that weren't needed just so you could sound smart (possibly to show reads you know what you're saying), an occasional one would have been fine, remember, this review is for others to see, not just for a small minority who may understand all of those words. Even in your replies here I can see multiple spelling mistakes, the most prominent one is the lower case I. Your review pointed out a lot of flaws that have to do with console limitations - something Rockstar can't help. I also can't help but feel you didn't know the meanings to all those words, but I could be wrong, I'm not going to state facts here that aren't proven. Trying to sound smart by using words like that will only make you look bad, spelling correctly is one of the best ways to show others on the Internet your words are worth reading. 

Now, don't get me started on spelling, I'm the best speller in my school, having a huge understanding of how to properly structure a sentence while also using the correct words for it. If you can use those "fancy" words, as they call it, fine, but you will get nowhere if you keep writing reviews made for yourself. One other thing, what makes a game deserve a perfect 10? There's no real way to define a "perfect game", as the "perfect game" will always be different to others. I love GTA V, but it had a large amount of issues that could have been solved, but instead Rockstar are obsessed with this multiplayer aspect.

Your review overdid it with an excessively large amount of words that weren't needed, which will hinder your target audience. Wording it better and using more base words would work wonders, and you would have never gotten such criticism. Oh, yes, you also need to understand constructive criticism, if many users say your use of words is bad, then change it. Adjusting your work to what the audience wants will set you on a good track, I'm not saying you have to conform, as I hate "following the crowd", but if you only focus on yourself you won't get anywhere. Once again, I have no problem with how you use your vocabulary, but it won't help here on the Internet.

Good luck on your next review though...

Evn if it lyk dus, yo, dit r but dar SUBSTANCE, foo'! Speaking of which, diamond suits ain't pretentious, they're unique as the pretty boy behind them...

Derpmaster
  • Derpmaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by Derpmaster, 29 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

I'm surprised nobody's said this yet - brevity is the soul of wit.

If you can get your point across in fewer, simpler, smaller words, then do it.

The problem with the review isn't the opinion you display there, but the way you've written the damn thing. It's just tough to read - even for native English speakers - with many grammar errors, awkwardly flowing sentences and pointlessly "big" words by which I mean words that people rarely use and thus probably won't understand without looking it up. Why say "laudable", when you can say "commendable" or even "praiseworthy"? Why say "voluminous", when you can say "big" or "somewhat large"?

No, don't even bother justifying it - simply put, if you want people to enjoy your writing, it should be easily legible. You can use a FEW "big" words, but you can't stick one in every sentence, so your readers have to spend half their reading time looking things up in a thesaurus.

Judging from his prose, I think OP just doesn't know that these words are unused in day-to-day life and are thus "big words", unfit for articles and such meant to be read by the general populace. Perhaps he doesn't speak English as a mother tongue.

My suggestion: read more books written in English. Learn from fictional writing. Be short and concise, and your readers will appreciate it.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

You're officially insane and either an attention-whore or desperately in need of compliments. You sought FEEDBACK on the review and this includes all aspects. Additionally, need I even speak of your arrogant, contemptuous attitude with, "Most of the people here are a bunch of vacuous, puerile dolts" - now added onto, "Don't bullsh*t yourself to think your opinion has any merit".

Tell me, sir, why does your opinion have any merit? Why do you ask for constructive criticism and then insult people with the very subjective ideas you claim to oppose? Why do you get so f*cking defensive over any criticisms - seeking only compliments as you try to do with an 'impressive' (but laughably bad)  prose?

You're a f*cking kid who's retaliating so pathetically when we don't share the reactions desired, such as attention, with arrogant dismissals.

Your fallacious reasoning is conspicuous once again. A predominant portion of people in here have labelled me a "fag" "douchebag" and one user even encouraged suicide. My point isn't arrogant at all, it's predicated on the vitriol that's been directed towards me in here. My opinion has merit because I have great self-awarness, and I'm cognisant of biases. I realise it's impossible to suppress all biases, but I do my best. Yes, that may sound pretentious, perhaps even self-deceptive, but I've had many reputable people tell me it. My response to your post was a bit petulant and I apologise for that. I just think you have a very vague understanding of styles of writing and what it entails. I've accepted the constructive criticism in here, I've asked for elaboration, I've asked people to expound on their theories of why I'm wrong. I'm not retaliating at all, and certainly have no desire for attention. I wanted people's opinion on the game, and my criticisms of the game, but unfortunately it was mostly vitriolic responses. 

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Lol and also this sh*t is entertaining. wtf is up with everyone trying to use big ass words on one another to sound smarter then the other ? this thread is nothing but a compitition. i already know im a bad speller but atleast i admit that sh*t. proceed please

• Kratos2000 likes this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

"GTA is one of the finest games of the millennium". Think you meant to say 21st century mate, I don't remember reading that the tudors or the victorians were that big on their console gaming. sh*t review as well, if I ever met you I'd probably think you were a c*nt within half a minute of meeting you.

Not literally applicable. Your disapproval means a lot to me.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

WHAT?? You visit english forums..... Wow. I've never heard anyone say that in all the 27 years that I have lived. Holy sh*t...

gasp_animation.gif

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

fa**ot

You're a fatuous imbecile who foolishly believes constructive criticism is worthless.

he said "fa**ot" and you replied to that with thesaurus? 

/dontwannaliveonthisplanetanymore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users